What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jameis Winston (2 Viewers)

Premier said:
T Bell said:
Quez said:
:Ican'tdisprovetheallegationssoI'lljustfindsomeoneelsetoblame:
Nobody has to disprove them. Somebody has to prove them first.
Not sure if that's true with colleges. Remember, he's not breaking a law. So it's not treated like a courtroom. I know a lot (not sure if all) schools have a code that states they can make decisions based on their findings. The students are guilty until proven innocent. Or as the case for Dez Wells at Xavier, guilty even after proven innocent.

T Bell said:
Premier said:
T Bell said:
Quez said:
Sounds like a relatively small investment in a handwriting analysis would clear this all up, don't you think? Pocket change for FSU, whether they're obligated to or not.

BTW, have you read Quez's link? Nothing in that link suggests they're scumbags. So desperate, so desperate... :lol:
People who peddle autographs, and stand in line to get autographs only to sell them on eBay are kind of scummy.

Premier said:
T Bell said:
Premier said:
T Bell said:
Quez said:
Sounds like a relatively small investment in a handwriting analysis would clear this all up, don't you think? Pocket change for FSU, whether they're obligated to or not.

BTW, have you read Quez's link? Nothing in that link suggests they're scumbags. So desperate, so desperate... :lol:
Why do you keep coming around to the forged thing? Winston probably signed 10,000 autographs during FSU baseball season. He signed for an hour before the game every night. When FSU had their football fan day in August the line wrapped around the arena 3 times.
Because I refuse to believe that anyone knowingly signs that many consecutive autographs for a for-profit organization and doesn't receive payment. Are you seriously contending that he was just signing these autographs out of the goodness of his heart, as if he's signing outside the tunnel for a dad and his boy after a game? :lol:

Why wouldn't the player just work a deal where an agent gets money...like Uncle Nate with Manziel?

T Bell said:
Premier said:
T Bell said:
Quez said:

People who peddle autographs, and stand in line to get autographs only to sell them on eBay are kind of scummy.
You think they are bad you should see the bobblehead people.

Premier said:
T Bell said:
Premier said:
T Bell said:
Quez said:

Why do you keep coming around to the forged thing? Winston probably signed 10,000 autographs during FSU baseball season. He signed for an hour before the game every night. When FSU had their football fan day in August the line wrapped around the arena 3 times.
Because I refuse to believe that anyone knowingly signs that many consecutive autographs for a for-profit organization and doesn't receive payment. Are you seriously contending that he was just signing these autographs out of the goodness of his heart, as if he's signing outside the tunnel for a dad and his boy after a game? :lol:
Consecutive autographs? :confused: I'm assuming you don't know how the authentication process works.

Also, he did sign autographs for dads and kids before and after the games. You can find the pics yourself if you want. Or not, don't really care.

New reports have surfaced alleging Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston was involved in a point shaving scheme to help an old high school teammate win a $5,000 bet.

According to the report, Winston tanked the 1st half of the FSU vs. Louisville game on October 30th ... after his buddy Chris Rabb allegedly placed a bet for Louisville to be winning at halftime.

Winston's play in the 1st half was atrocious ... and FSU was down 21-7.

FSU eventually came back and won the game -- but according to the report, the final score had no bearing on Rabb's bet.

FYI -- point shaving is illegal and punishable by up to 5 years in prison.

So far, it's unclear if law enforcement is investigating -- but we're working to find out if that's the case.

ESPN has become a 24/7 Jameis reality show. Public Enemy #1 - Jameis Winston. This is incredible to watch the all out media blitz take a guy down. I doubt he ever plays a game for FSU again.
Stop being dramatic. He's playing this Saturday.
They are going after him. I'm a South Carolina fan and Clowney did the same thing last year but the media went after Manziel.
They may be going after him, but they are doing so because that seems to be what the public wants, myself included. I can admit that he is a gifted and talented athlete. But I am so sick of the arrogance, smarminess, misogyny, brazenness, irresponsibility, and stupidity. Enough already. If this is what it takes to put a stop to it, then so be it. Dude needs to learn a lesson.

IIRC, Clowney was not running around raping girls, stealing stuff, shooting guns on campus, shouting obscene stuff, etc. Neither was Manziel. I think the worst that they did was maybe take some cash for signing autographs. And most people are starting to think that they should be able to do that.
Stop with the drama, get out of your feelings. He has not been charged with rape. All we know is he stole crab legs and more than likely got paid for autographs. He's made some dumb decisions but you are going overboard.
So the alleged victim leaves FSU, the DA has a stand-up routine when he announced "insufficient" evidence and FSU holding a Title IX investigation means nothing to you?

*Update* As of 9:45 AM est.. IBN attempted to reach out to Chris Rabb via phone and someone did answer the cell phone, we asked if he had any comment on "alleged" gambling rumors that involved him and his former high school teammate Jameis Winston, his answer was brief "Fcu*k boy how did you get my number?.. mind your business boy" that's when the phone hung up."

Users who are viewing this thread