What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jameis Winston (1 Viewer)

1 girl 2 samples
It's always interesting to see what boundaries people are willing to abandon in defense of their favorite sports teams.
Like innocent until proven guilty?
I'm sorry, was the woman on trial? I've yet to hear about an adjudication of her sexual practices.
I'm sorry, was Winston on trial? I've yet to hear a guilty verdict, or even the DA bringing a charge.
I'm responding to Quez's quote above. The assumption of course is that any girl who would have sex with another guy naturally would also consent to sex with Jameis. That's the logic we're going with here. *tomahawk chop*

1 girl 2 samples
It's always interesting to see what boundaries people are willing to abandon in defense of their favorite sports teams.
I'm sorry, was the woman on trial? I've yet to hear about an adjudication of her sexual practices.
I'm sorry, was Winston on trial? I've yet to hear a guilty verdict, or even the DA bringing a charge.
I don't think T Bell said he was. Quez has taken an attack the accuser approach to this thing since day 1 though.
If you followed the story as closely as I did it was clear to see Jameis was the victim of a scandalous ho. 95% of the people against Jameis are racist haters anyways.

It will be very interesting to see if any of this stuff drops his draft position.
In this thread yes, real draft will be all about how he performs on the field and workouts.
I don't see how any competent GM could have him as a first round grade, regardless of anything performance related. QB is enough of a crapshoot when there are zero red flags. You've got to be really desperate, short-sighted and/or gullible to draft Winston. I hope he goes to the Cowboys.
LOL. Tannehill, Ponder and Manuel disagree. QBs go high period but keep up the good fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he raped the girl but I do think he is a moron.
Jameis Winston and the Angry White People Who Would Definitely Do Things Differently Than Him Because They Would Just Be Thankful For The Opportunity Thread
"Angry white people" were also extremely critical of Johnny Manziel for similar reasons to Winston, and there were plenty of "angry white people" who were critical of Tim Tebow's chances to succeed in the NFL. You trying desperately to make this a race issue says more about you than it does the "angry white people".
There is no way in hell Manziel got anywhere near this much vitriol here, particularly the "dumb" thing that keeps getting tossed at Winston constantly. Sorry you can't see it but it's there.
Please enlighten us, Grand Wizard Premier. Why are people racist for tossing the "dumb" thing at Winston, but you're not for calling Winston a moron?

Are you an angry white person, bro?
He already said above that he's referring to Winston's behavior, not his book smarts.

Nice effort though.

It will be very interesting to see if any of this stuff drops his draft position.
In this thread yes, real draft will be all about how he performs on the field and workouts.
I don't see how any competent GM could have him as a first round grade, regardless of anything performance related. QB is enough of a crapshoot when there are zero red flags. You've got to be really desperate, short-sighted and/or gullible to draft Winston. I hope he goes to the Cowboys.
LOL. Tannehill, Ponder and Manuel disagree. QBs go high period but keep up the good fight.
So you give me 3 QBs who suck as your examples? :confused:

I don't think he raped the girl but I do think he is a moron.
Jameis Winston and the Angry White People Who Would Definitely Do Things Differently Than Him Because They Would Just Be Thankful For The Opportunity Thread
"Angry white people" were also extremely critical of Johnny Manziel for similar reasons to Winston, and there were plenty of "angry white people" who were critical of Tim Tebow's chances to succeed in the NFL. You trying desperately to make this a race issue says more about you than it does the "angry white people".
There is no way in hell Manziel got anywhere near this much vitriol here, particularly the "dumb" thing that keeps getting tossed at Winston constantly. Sorry you can't see it but it's there.
Please enlighten us, Grand Wizard Premier. Why are people racist for tossing the "dumb" thing at Winston, but you're not for calling Winston a moron?

Are you an angry white person, bro?
He already said above that he's referring to Winston's behavior, not his book smarts. Nice effort though.
:thumbup:

1 girl 2 samples
In the court of (in this case pretty fair) public opinion, he seems like an arrogant, entitled, not very intelligent joke of a man. All the talents and apparently no brain or heart.

Again, only going off what we see, but he's given us plenty to come to that conclusion.
He's 20. 20 years old. If all of us were judged by the world on what we did when we were 20, I'm pretty sure most of us would have plenty of idiotic moments for public consumption.

That being said, he should at least be aware of who he is, and the magnifying glass he's under. The crucifying of a 20 year old by grown ### men is a little sad.
Judging a 20 year old with 34 year old sensibilities. Judging a student athlete as a professional. Take away the accusation of rape, what are we talking about here? Petty theft? Bad words? Bobo Wilson and Chris Casher dressed for Oklahoma State while being suspended for the game but somehow Jameis is the only one who "doesn't get it". Many many men have passed through college with real crimes that actually hurt people and have been just fine in the NFL. Peyton Manning gave a trainer the ol mushroom tattoo and now gets to put mushrooms on your pizza.

I did find it humorous that ESPN neglected to mention the "black boy" and $7MM extortion claims until the reaction by her attorney (NOT the attorney of note for the alleged comments/extortion, mind you) and only then did ESPN title the article in a way that suggested Winston tried to buy the girl off. Schlabach is pretty obvious in his neglect for impartiality. Does nobody find it interesting that Patty Carroll took the time to respond with a no comment today?

If you haven't read the 84pg report I suggest doing so. Yeah, I wear a garnet and gold colored thong with a picture of red lightning on the front, so what? I still think the kid is getting smashed unfairly over some really minor stuff.

I was 20 once. I was stupid. Did stupid ####.

A lot of us did. But only a select few were real #######s. And that didn't need to have a court proceeding to recognize who those people were.

20 acting like 14 gets him exactly the disdain he deserves.

1 girl 2 samples
In the court of (in this case pretty fair) public opinion, he seems like an arrogant, entitled, not very intelligent joke of a man. All the talents and apparently no brain or heart.Again, only going off what we see, but he's given us plenty to come to that conclusion.
He's 20. 20 years old. If all of us were judged by the world on what we did when we were 20, I'm pretty sure most of us would have plenty of idiotic moments for public consumption.

That being said, he should at least be aware of who he is, and the magnifying glass he's under. The crucifying of a 20 year old by grown ### men is a little sad.
When i was 20 i was president of my fraternity, had a job as a pizza delivery guy full time, took full credits in college and was in the coast guard reserves. I dont think its unfair to judge him as stupid based on one thing i saw, namely suiting up and acting shocked when his coach said get off the field. Furthermore 20 yrs is old is plenty old to assign adult expectations to.

I'm really not a biased Noles fan. I have followed the story very closely & have come to my own opinion that he was the victim of a false rape accusation.

When Jeremy Stevens came to the Bucs his past came to light & was a radio topic. Just like I did with Jameis, I read most available information. My conclusion was that Jeremy Stevens was a scum bag rapist. I didn't make excuses for him because he was a Buc.

That's the point. QBs go high in the draft period and so will Winston.

The three you listed don't have the off the field baggage (real or perceived) that Winston does. With everything going on in the NFL this year, off the field baggage is going to be more important with regards to who you draft. I am not saying that is right or wrong, I would just be surprised if Winston went in the high first round with all his current issues.

I also think he falls into the Vince Young/Michael Vick/Johnny Manziel skill set. Players who have succeeded in college due to great physical tools which means their mental game is largely undeveloped. Vick has made a valiant attempt to develop his mental game, but has never quite gotten there, Vince was never able to develop his mental game, and Johnny we don't know about yet. Johnny Manziel is a perfect example of how the NFL is looking a little bit more skeptically at these players by falling to the late first round.

That's why I said "competent GM". If he goes early in the draft, it's more proof there are dumb ones employed.

That's why I said "competent GM". If he goes early in the draft, it's more proof there are dumb ones employed.
Where's Matt Millen when he's needed?

LOL. Name them, "competent GM"

1 girl 2 samples
I don't think T Bell said he was. Quez has taken an attack the accuser approach to this thing since day 1 though.
Well that's fine. I think Winston is a tremendous ####head but it is tiring to hear him constantly referred to as a rapist (mainly on twitter, but even here).I don't like him as a person but I guess because I've followed this so closely and have read most of the documents it annoys me. I don't think he raped the girl but I do think he is a moron.
Welcome to the world of Laker fans post-Colorado 2003.
Yeah, but let's be honest now... Kobe is a rapist.

Any of you dudes or dudettes attorneys in here? Is it commonplace for an attorney to come out in public like Cornwell did and attack the opposing attorney with threats of extortion/racism without getting sued or reprimanded? I heard on the Jeff Cameron Show yesterday that Cornwell apparently has multiple credible AND respectable sources that will testify under oath his allegations are accurate, specifically regarding Carrolls defense that it had to be rape b/c Erica the accuser would never sleep with a black boy (unbeknownst to Carroll the accuser was currently dating a black man, allegedly).

I mean, if you're an attorney and someone came out to make this claim on you and it's false, you're suing right? 100%? There's no way someone could get away with saying this without some evidence or proof, right?

Any of you dudes or dudettes attorneys in here? Is it commonplace for an attorney to come out in public like Cornwell did and attack the opposing attorney with threats of extortion/racism without getting sued or reprimanded? I heard on the Jeff Cameron Show yesterday that Cornwell apparently has multiple credible AND respectable sources that will testify under oath his allegations are accurate, specifically regarding Carrolls defense that it had to be rape b/c Erica the accuser would never sleep with a black boy (unbeknownst to Carroll the accuser was currently dating a black man, allegedly).

I mean, if you're an attorney and someone came out to make this claim on you and it's false, you're suing right? 100%? There's no way someone could get away with saying this without some evidence or proof, right?
This case isn't normal for a variety of reasons, first and foremost because it's highly publicized. In a typical case you don't engage in public settlement discussions - in fact the more private the better so as to allow someone to change settlement positions without feeling like they're losing face.

Would it shock me that there's a $7m settlement demand? No. It won't settle for that in any event (even ignoring the destructive nature of the current PR war on productive settlement discussions), but as an opening settlement demand in this case with those potential deep pockets that's not an absurd starting negotiating position.

Would it shock me if Cornwell contacted the accuser's attorney to see if he could offer money to essentially buy her silence? No.

As between the two camps, it does seem like Cornwell started using the media as a weapon first, and so he invited the response he's gotten.

Cornwell does sound a bit to me like a bull in a china shop. He's got credentials that in some respects appear like he's bigger than this case, and I could see such a guy get imperious in some settlement discussions against a local female personal injury attorney like Carroll. He also knows that Carroll's got an uphill battle because sexual relationships are with only rare exceptions private matters beyond the eyes of anyone else and therefore quite debatable as to their particulars. Cornwell also knows that that university and even the surrounding community have a vested interest in his side prevailing, and so I can see where he's playing aggressively.

Carroll's now out of the case incidentally and this is being handled by some respected Title IX lawyers, so everyone's now fighting over what another attorney said, and Carroll is refusing (probably rightfully so) to go on the record.

Quez-Cameron said it on the show but it's still marked out on the letter and I haven't heard it elsewhere. I think the letter references #cleatchasers which is consistent with Klinsman. I'm not sure if anyone else has released her name, all i've seen in the media is the reference that somehow Winston is just causing more issues for himself (espn, yahoo, cbs).

Tinker-thanks for the response. Isn't the most damning part of the accusation the black boy reference? The $7MM has not been disputed by either side and I assume that you're right in suggesting that both parties could be telling the truth in this regard (if indeed that's your suggestion) but the racism part is what could potentially get Carroll in hot water, right?

Racism isn't going to get her into any trouble. She's a overwhelmed hick attorney from a small town. What would happen to her?

Racism isn't going to get her into any trouble. She's a overwhelmed hick attorney from a small town. What would happen to her?
Making the claim that it had to be rape b/c she would never sleep with a black boy wouldn't get her into trouble? I dunno, seems really bad.

I'll be right back, gotta take my schnauzer Winston out to pee.

Quez-Cameron said it on the show but it's still marked out on the letter and I haven't heard it elsewhere. I think the letter references #cleatchasers which is consistent with Klinsman. I'm not sure if anyone else has released her name, all i've seen in the media is the reference that somehow Winston is just causing more issues for himself (espn, yahoo, cbs).

Tinker-thanks for the response. Isn't the most damning part of the accusation the black boy reference? The $7MM has not been disputed by either side and I assume that you're right in suggesting that both parties could be telling the truth in this regard (if indeed that's your suggestion) but the racism part is what could potentially get Carroll in hot water, right?
The most damaging thing about the "black boy" comments is that they were apparently false, not that they used the term "black boy". Certainly it's not great phrasing, but it's also not dropping the n-bomb either.

Besides, how else would you say it - "She wouldn't date a black guy"? Is that any better?

[Accuser] used the media to defame Mr. Winston. On November 20, 2013, following her apparent leak to the media earlier in the month, Ms. Carroll issued a statement identifying Mr. Winston as [Accuser]’s alleged attacker and stated: "To be clear, the victim did not consent. This was a rape." Despite the ongoing criminal investigation, Ms. Carroll had what she considered to be the most compelling evidence of rape: she reportedly stated that the sex could not have been consensual because [Accuser] would never sleep with a "black boy." Presumably, Ms. Carroll was unaware that [Accuser]’s boyfriend at the time was also African American.
Ms. Carroll’s attacks on the two criminal investigations were particularly egregious given the fact that Ms. Carroll was concealing information. Ms. Carroll concealed that [Accuser] refused to identify and was reluctant to discuss her African American boyfriend with TPD and State Attorney investigators. She also concealed that [Accuser]’s African American boyfriend refused to cooperate with investigators. Ms. Carroll concealed that law enforcement investigators had to force [Accuser]'s boyfriend to provide a DNA sample. Beyond the impact on her initial outburst that [Accuser] would not have sex with a "black boy," this information may have been concealed because there is evidentiary significance to the fact that a man did not cooperate with a criminal investigation into his girlfriend’s alleged rape.
Additionally, in direct conflict with her press conference, a source familiar with these events advised the undersigned that when she learned that another "black boy" was the donor of the other semen sample, Ms. Carroll asked a female friend of [Accuser] to lie and say that the shorts [Accuser] wore on the night of the alleged rape belonged to her rather than [Accuser]. This information must be investigated to determine if it is true.
This seems to be enough for Carroll to sue Cornwell or have Carroll potentially disbarred. Admittedly i'm a fool that doesn't know what i'm talking about hence the questions. Apparently this is a bigger deal to me than it actually is. I'm just trying to make sense of all of this and I just don't trust the media anymore when it comes to Winston.

Thanks for clearing it up.

You can sue somebody for anything. I could sue you for making me read these posts. But there are no damages so nothing will be done.

As far as getting disbarred.......yea, no.

[Accuser] used the media to defame Mr. Winston. On November 20, 2013, following her apparent leak to the media earlier in the month, Ms. Carroll issued a statement identifying Mr. Winston as [Accuser]’s alleged attacker and stated: "To be clear, the victim did not consent. This was a rape." Despite the ongoing criminal investigation, Ms. Carroll had what she considered to be the most compelling evidence of rape: she reportedly stated that the sex could not have been consensual because [Accuser] would never sleep with a "black boy." Presumably, Ms. Carroll was unaware that [Accuser]’s boyfriend at the time was also African American.
Ms. Carroll’s attacks on the two criminal investigations were particularly egregious given the fact that Ms. Carroll was concealing information. Ms. Carroll concealed that [Accuser] refused to identify and was reluctant to discuss her African American boyfriend with TPD and State Attorney investigators. She also concealed that [Accuser]’s African American boyfriend refused to cooperate with investigators. Ms. Carroll concealed that law enforcement investigators had to force [Accuser]'s boyfriend to provide a DNA sample. Beyond the impact on her initial outburst that [Accuser] would not have sex with a "black boy," this information may have been concealed because there is evidentiary significance to the fact that a man did not cooperate with a criminal investigation into his girlfriend’s alleged rape.
Additionally, in direct conflict with her press conference, a source familiar with these events advised the undersigned that when she learned that another "black boy" was the donor of the other semen sample, Ms. Carroll asked a female friend of [Accuser] to lie and say that the shorts [Accuser] wore on the night of the alleged rape belonged to her rather than [Accuser]. This information must be investigated to determine if it is true.
This seems to be enough for Carroll to sue Cornwell or have Carroll potentially disbarred. Admittedly i'm a fool that doesn't know what i'm talking about hence the questions. Apparently this is a bigger deal to me than it actually is. I'm just trying to make sense of all of this and I just don't trust the media anymore when it comes to Winston.

Thanks for clearing it up.
The more I read of Cornwell's letter, the less impressive it is. He uses very dramatic language, as if he's exposing something shocking, when in fact he's merely recounting facts that are pretty ordinary. For example, it's supposed to be shocking that the accuser's boyfriend had to be forced to produce a DNA sample? He probably thought he was getting targeted rather than "helping" the investigation.

Nobody's getting disbarred, at least not by California standards, for what's been done to date unless I'm missing something. This is just attorneys bickering over the facts, albeit more publicly than usual.

You can sue somebody for anything. I could sue you for making me read these posts. But there are no damages so nothing will be done.

And here I thought we had something special. Any way we could be seeing a hot take soon on Jeter only being able to muster a walk off single on his last at bat in the Bronx?

Yeah, so it's confirmed i'm clueless so don't confuse my rambling for assertions.

And here I thought we had something special. Any way we could be seeing a hot take soon on Jeter only being able to muster a walk off single on his last at bat in the Bronx?

Yeah, so it's confirmed i'm clueless so don't confuse my rambling for assertions.
I'm just busting your balls. I wouldn't look too much into any of these public comments.

I'm just busting your balls. I wouldn't look too much into any of these public comments.
mind if I use that for my sig? :lmao:

mind if I use that for my sig? :lmao:
:thumbup:

School hearings can be serious business. I don't think this is going to turn out good for Jameis or FSU. He probably risks incriminating himself in anything that he says, and even consensual sex can get him expelled.

Check out what happened at Occidental College,

http://reason.com/blog/2014/06/04/occidental-expels-student-for-rape-under
WTF?

After that night, the accuser spoke with several Occidental employees, including Danielle Dirks, an assistant professor of sociology. Dirks told the accuser that Doe "fit the profile of other rapists on campus in that he had a high GPA in high school, was his class valedictorian, was on [a sports team], and was 'from a good family.'"

School hearings can be serious business. I don't think this is going to turn out good for Jameis or FSU. He probably risks incriminating himself in anything that he says, and even consensual sex can get him expelled.

Check out what happened at Occidental College,

http://reason.com/blog/2014/06/04/occidental-expels-student-for-rape-under
It's been known for a while he would have a hearing. So did Casher and the other guy involved.

It may not (or it may) turn out well for him but it is certainly been expected.

It's weird, I normally wouldn't care too much about this stuff but I hate his stupid face and I want to watch him crash and burn.

This article outlines the possible scenarios.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/11/jameis-winston-florida-state-disciplinary-hearing

From a legal standpoint I don't think it would be wise of Jameis to say anything at the hearing that could be used against him. I doubt an injunction works, but could buy a little time.
That's the Catch-22 in any legal situation that falls in both civil and criminal realms. You always want that criminal matter to be finalized before the civil matter goes forward.

People actually support this d-bag? Someone explain to me why... other than he gives FSU the best chance to win a title.
Because he hasn't been charged with anything? Excuse me for not following the media ####storm that commonly ends up being wrong.

Premier said:
Quez said:

http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/11/jameis-winston-florida-state-disciplinary-hearing

From a legal standpoint I don't think it would be wise of Jameis to say anything at the hearing that could be used against him. I doubt an injunction works, but could buy a little time.
He's lawyered up pretty good. I highly doubt he says anything at this hearing that incriminates him.
We're talking about a kid who yelled "#### her right in the #####" in a public setting :shrug:

Premier said:
Quez said:

He's lawyered up pretty good. I highly doubt he says anything at this hearing that incriminates him.
We're talking about a kid who yelled "#### her right in the #####" in a public setting :shrug:
Why do you hate Constitutional Rights????

Premier said:
Quez said:

Why do you hate Constitutional Rights????
I'm not the one censoring #### and #####

Users who are viewing this thread