What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jameis Winston (1 Viewer)

Absolutely mind boggling to me that cussing in the school quad or whatever merits a suspension of any kind.
ridiculous overreaction
I respectfully disagree. The guy was accused of sexual assault. He is a Heisman winner. He is high profile. You simply cannot go around and make any kind of statements, whether true or mocking, that involve the violation, degradation, or sexual exploitation of women.

The guy is an idiot. He should be suspended for that alone. But his pattern of behavior deserves some form of punishment. I wish worse than this, but I'll take it. Hopefully Clemson will win the game, and this guy will look like a bigger doosh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look guys. You can't be accused of rape and then go into the campus hotspot yelling #### her in her #####. At least not when you're this guy and while at a public institution.

It's really simple.

The real losers here are the fans. I was looking forward to watching the best player in college football tonight, and now because of a joke he can't even play? Wtf?

FSU just looks pathetic here. It's like they are making decisions, then reading twitter for a few hours to gauge public opinion, then altering their decision.

The real losers here are the fans. I was looking forward to watching the best player in college football tonight, and now because of a joke he can't even play? Wtf?

FSU just looks pathetic here. It's like they are making decisions, then reading twitter for a few hours to gauge public opinion, then altering their decision.
You understand that this is a joke that he shouldn't be making though right?

I spent a crapload on two seats and two nights of a hotel to be in Tally today for the game. It was still the right decision.

FSU should be lucky Jameis took the blame for the crab legs. If he would have told the truth, that players were getting free food, he could of blown up the entire program.

I don't think he should of been suspended at all. That was a complete overreaction by people unfamiliar with the internet meme. The decision makers, and the people crucifying him probably thought he was bragging about raping the girl he didn't even rape. I highly doubt any of the in-touch college age students who heard it were offended.

I'm most upset about the amateurs running the FSU athletic department. The indecisiveness speaks volumes. These clowns have no idea what they are doing. My best guess is there is some sort of corruption going on.

Look guys. You can't be accused of rape and then go into the campus hotspot yelling #### her in her #####. At least not when you're this guy and while at a public institution.

It's really simple.
I get that it was a really dumb thing to do, but this seems like such an overreaction.

He's a stupid unpaid college kid that said a stupid harmless thing. That's kind of what they do.

I don't really care that he's suspended, but maybe the lesson here is that we shouldn't have dumb, unpaid 19 year-olds be the face of a large public institution.

I see no FHRITP signs so far on game day. Really disappointed in the FSU fan base. Maybe they were taken, and replaced with "Trust in McGuire" signs. I do hear some BS chants though. Also, the Kim Jung Un head with the FSU face paint is pretty funny.

Absolutely mind boggling to me that cussing in the school quad or whatever merits a suspension of any kind.
ridiculous overreaction
I respectfully disagree. The guy was accused of sexual assault. He is a Heisman winner. He is high profile. You simply cannot go around and make any kind of statements, whether true or mocking, that involve the violation, degradation, or sexual exploitation of women.

The guy is an idiot. He should be suspended for that alone. But his pattern of behavior deserves some form of punishment. I wish worse than this, but I'll take it. Hopefully Clemson will win the game, and this guy will look like a bigger doosh.
Hopefully whoever is QB, comes in, lights it up, makes Winston look like a ham and egger and takes the starting job.

I don't think he should of been suspended at all. That was a complete overreaction by people unfamiliar with the internet meme. The decision makers, and the people crucifying him probably thought he was bragging about raping the girl he didn't even rape. I highly doubt any of the in-touch college age students who heard it were offended.

I'm most upset about the amateurs running the FSU athletic department. The indecisiveness speaks volumes. These clowns have no idea what they are doing. My best guess is there is some sort of corruption going on.
You are looking at this completely wrong. The decision makers aren't 20 year old fanboys.

Take off the headdress and put down the spear. Jeez, man.

It's really simple.
This...though I would rather seen him running gassers until he puked. Oh, and have it shown on ESPN.

The decision makers are indecisive bureaucrats with no balls. Again, I'm not so much pissed at the suspension, but as the way it was handled.

The decision makers are indecisive bureaucrats with no balls. Again, I'm not so much pissed at the suspension, but as the way it was handled.
The timing is odd but everybody is reporting that he lied to the school president. Not smart.

The timing is odd but everybody is reporting that he lied to the school president. Not smart.
What is there to lie about? There was an entire Deadspin article documenting exactly what happened. I guess FSU hired a school president who doesn't know how to use the internet.

What is there to lie about? There was an entire Deadspin article documenting exactly what happened. I guess FSU hired a school president who doesn't know how to use the internet.
They asked him what happened and he lied about it.

Take off the homer glasses man. Geez.

They asked him what happened and he lied about it. Take off the homer glasses man. Geez.
This isn't about being a homer its about them screwing this up. Put yourself in the shoes of the university president for a second.

Someone probably notifies you of what happened, aka sending you the deadspin link. This likely becomes the number 1 priority of the day, meetings, etc.

You talk to Jameis and ask him what happened, as if you didn't know from reading the internet. He says "mumble mumble I apologize mumble mumble I yelled out something I shouldn't of..." Or something along those lines. If he would of lied, why the F not call him out on it when you are face to face? Was there more to this story that came out at a later date? What could they have possibly discovered that they didn't know before questioning him?

"He lied to the president" is likely a lie itself. The reality is that they gauged the reaction, and changed their mind.

They asked him what happened and he lied about it. Take off the homer glasses man. Geez.
This isn't about being a homer its about them screwing this up. Put yourself in the shoes of the university president for a second.Someone probably notifies you of what happened, aka sending you the deadspin link. This likely becomes the number 1 priority of the day, meetings, etc.

You talk to Jameis and ask him what happened, as if you didn't know from reading the internet. He says "mumble mumble I apologize mumble mumble I yelled out something I shouldn't of..." Or something along those lines. If he would of lied, why the F not call him out on it when you are face to face? Was there more to this story that came out at a later date? What could they have possibly discovered that they didn't know before questioning him?

"He lied to the president" is likely a lie itself. The reality is that they gauged the reaction, and changed their mind.
You can't possibly think they used the freaking deadspin article as their evidentiary basis.

Here's what they did. They interviewed Jameis. Then they interviewed dozens of witnesses which probably concluded yesterday. All of their accounts dismissed his. Thus the suspension.

This isn't some great caper.

ridiculous overreaction

Just to be clear, I don't agree with SIDA! that he shouldn't have gotten anything. But a whole game against a conference foe for yelling something that,. frankly, isn't that horrible seems like way too much.

If FSU loses to Clemson and wins all the rest of their games, they're still a lock for the playoffs. The committee will take Winston missing the game into account.

This isn't about being a homer its about them screwing this up. Put yourself in the shoes of the university president for a second.

Someone probably notifies you of what happened, aka sending you the deadspin link. This likely becomes the number 1 priority of the day, meetings, etc.

:lmao: at using a Deadspin article as evidence.

So sick and tired of sports being turned into morality plays. Was looking forward to watching Winston. Thanks for making that not possible FSU.

So sick and tired of sports being turned into morality plays. Was looking forward to watching Winston. Thanks for making that not possible FSU.
Jeez, dude. It's not like he was suspended for life. He'll be on the field next week.Get a freaking grip. :rolleyes:

If FSU loses to Clemson and wins all the rest of their games, they're still a lock for the playoffs. The committee will take Winston missing the game into account.
I asked this question last week in the cf thread...will they consider suspensions like they've said they will consider injuries?

Jeez, dude. It's not like he was suspended for life. He'll be on the field next week.Get a freaking grip. :rolleyes:
Just the culmination of my feelings between this and the NFL crap. I watch football to get away from real life. I don't give a crap what these players do off the field. I want to watch the best players play football and these execs are taking that away to make stupid PR statements. We have this all bass ackwards. We're supposed to care about this stuff in the real world. Which is why we have a justice system. Not bring the real world into sports.

Very disappointed in JW. Wanted to watch Jameis make a statement on national TV tonight. I swear I have a constant fear about the trouble he's going to get into next. Why cant he be like Ward/Weinke? Still love JW/FSU, but disappointed non-the-less.

You guys really don't think anyone in the FSU Dept. Caught wind of the Deadspin page? Like these people are oblivious to the outside world? Programs like these have to have PR departments right? I'm sure there was more due diligence done than in person interviews. They had to of known what he was alleged to have said before he was questioned.

It's pretty evident FSU buckled to pressure. The "Jameis lied to the president" is their scapegoat.

You guys really don't think anyone in the FSU Dept. Caught wind of the Deadspin page? Like these people are oblivious to the outside world? Programs like these have to have PR departments right? I'm sure there was more due diligence done than in person interviews. They had to of known what he was alleged to have said before he was questioned.
You keep using "of" when you should be using "have."

Should have been.

Could have gone.

Sorry but that drives me mildly insane and you've done it in every post. :bye:

You keep using "of" when you should be using "have."Should have been.

Could have gone.

Sorry but that drives me mildly insane and you've done it in every post. :bye:
Cut me some slack I went to FSU.

Anyone seen the newscaster on Fox who was fired for the #### her in the ##### comment? That one is better than the #### her in the ##### guy.

Spread has been dropped from 20 down to 10. Kinda like Clemson getting 10, anyone who got in at 20 hit a HR.

Maybe you should thank Winston for acting like a moron again.
Plenty of kids have acted like morons and played football. But nooo, we gotta make an example out of this one to please God knows who.
Perhaps he shouldn't have raped someone, stloen crap legs or make vulgar remarks in public.Here's something revolutionary - let's hold kids accountable.

Users who are viewing this thread