What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, do you just know that because you know the building or has that been reported?
Some of the videos show the placard at the top of the door, which says "Speaker's Lobby", some more googling showed some YouTube videos that give "tours" of the room and show how close it is

Here are two I found in about 2 minutes:

What ever could he have been overcompensating for with those weapons?

I guess those rifles weren’t much defense against his arch nemesis: Stairs

Then not really mocking as much as disgusting:

Good riddance

Next time you try to call me out or suggest I'm wrong spend more than 4 seconds reading up on it.
Lighten up, Francis.   

I read the entire thread.  I reread it after seeing this post.  I don't see any of the posts you quoted above.   Two possibilities: first, I don't have a Twitter account, so maybe some of the content isn't visible to me.  Second, maybe you dove down some rabbit hole of comments, which is on you.

I’ve heard [Nixon-unofficially-relieved-of-duties] story in the past, and I’ve also heard that it was Nixon’s then Sec Def who instituted the policy. I think I’ve even heard Michael Beschloss (the presidential historian) recount it on MSNBC. 

And I’ve also heard that many functions of the executive branch were removed from Reagan’s control in his second term because the onset of his Alzheimer’s was earlier than we were led to believe. I don’t have a solid source for those rumors though. 

Bit I wouldn’t find it surprising. I don’t think the 25th Amendment is particularly well-suited to any but the most clear cut case of presidential disability. 
I wonder if it was Beschloss I heard. He tweeted about the Nixon-Schlesinger scenario the week after Election Day last year:

Michael Beschloss @BeschlossDC · Nov 9, 2020

Nixon’s last Defense Secretary, James Schlesinger, was troubled that Nixon might exploit the military to remain in office, despite Watergate. Schlesinger quietly issued a requirement hat any major Presidential order involving troops or weapons be endorsed by himself or Kissinger.
I obviously flubbed Haig's exact role, though Hersch's book (that I cited a few pages back) does recount instances when Haig superseded Nixon and Cabinet officials.

How did I miss that Rudy left a voicemail Wed night for who he thought was Tuberville asking him to try and delay the hearing as long as possible?  Is that real?

Okay, so as long as they don't storm the capitol the looting, burning neighborhoods, assault and murder are okay.  Gotcha'!

You're being ridiculous.  There absolutely is a "both sides" equivalency here.  Every time you get called out on your hypocrisy, you guys move goal posts and declare "no equivalency!". 

Please, if you want to have an honest conversation then you need to recognize your role in all this.
More bumpity for blade runner

The issue is that these guys led millions into believing their conspiracy theories.  And by the end, the alt-right had merged with Q and had basically become one.  Even now there are some that think Trump still has a master plan he's about to unleash and it all culminated in tens of thousands being in DC a month after they had lost, with designs on "stopping the steal" yet no coordinated plan of attack.  What on earth could they have even done?  No one gave them a gameplan, they just came.

I think Wednesday scared the crap out of twitter and facebook because, let's face it, without those two social media companies, Wednesday never would have happened.  

The difficulty for those companies is that it has to be very difficult to determine what is truth and what is not truth.  
Algorithm based business models that align content to behavior for profit need to be scrutinized and either heavily regulated or made illegal. Somewhere between nicotine and heroin.

How did I miss that Rudy left a voicemail Wed night for who he thought was Tuberville asking him to try and delay the hearing as long as possible?  Is that real?
My guess is that Rudy accidentally called Mike Lee, since Trump did the exact same thing during the siege, then asked Lee to hand the phone to Tuberville so Trump could ask Tuberville to block the election.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/1/7/22218897/donald-trump-mike-lee-misdial-capitol-siege-congress-electoral-insurrection-moore-curtis-stewart

@ChiefD , @Ramsay Hunt Experience -- do you guys remember when this tidbit came out in 2018? If they can work around Trump in the middle of his term, they can certainly do it now:

Anonymous Trump resistance op-ed in the NYT parallels the darkest days of Richard Nixon’s presidency, historians say (CNBC, 9/6/2018)

• An anonymous op-ed written by a senior Trump administration official claiming to be part of a cabal of insiders thwarting the president’s agenda has virtually no precedent in presidential history, experts say.
  • Michael Beschloss, a presidential historian, says the only parallel in modern times is the end of the presidency of Richard Nixon, whose top aides worried about what he might do as he faced the imminent prospect of removal from office in the summer of 1974.
Further reading spoilered below, Beschloss quoted:

An anonymous op-ed written by a senior Trump administration official claiming to be part of a cabal of insiders thwarting the president’s agenda has virtually no precedent in presidential history, experts have said.

Michael Beschloss, a presidential historian for NBC News, said the only parallel in modern times is the end of the presidency of Richard Nixon, whose top aides worried about what he might do as he faced the imminent prospect of removal from office in the summer of 1974.

“I’ve never seen anything like this in modern presidential history,” Beschloss said during an interview Wednesday night on MSNBC’s “MTP Daily.”

In the op-ed published in The New York Times, a writer identified only as a “senior official” in President Donald Trump’s administration wrote that “many Trump appointees” were working to impede the president’s agenda in order to “preserve our democratic institutions.”

Beschloss said the essay was so extraordinary, its only precedent was the defiance of Nixon aides, who feared that the embattled, paranoid president would employ the military to protect his position.

At the time, Defense Secretary James Schlesinger advised the military to disregard presidential orders that he did not explicitly approve, Beschloss said.

“Henry Kissinger, the secretary of State, was privately saying Al Haig, the White House chief of staff, was keeping the country together, and he, Kissinger, was keeping the world together,” Beschloss said. “But that’s not at this level.”

Thx.  Did not watch it that far through. Deleted.  
It was terrible to see but also a sobering reminder of how serious this is. I wonder what the breakdown is in "the movement" of people are who are deadly serious and who are larping? Will seeing a woman shot and killed snap people out of it? 

ETA Not at all referring to posters here

Last edited by a moderator:
and he never once tried to contact Pence to make sure he was ok. How hasn't he already been impeached? 
I think that touches on something that I think....Trump set forth a chain of events that led to dozens of the most powerful people on the planet hide and cower.  That ANY of them (even Gaetz, Cruz,Hawley and any of his other cronies) are even REMOTELY showing him support shows a level of subservience nd cowardice that's on par with Reek from Game of Thrones......

The prudent thing to do IMO is to impeach him and have Biden just start now.  They can still have the big party on the 20th for show.
I assume his Presidency is only technically still in existence. I don't think he will be allowed to actually do any governing (he hardly was the last 2 months anyway). I will say he is the 1st President who went out and did everything everyone said he would do. 

I think that touches on something that I think....Trump set forth a chain of events that led to dozens of the most powerful people on the planet hide and cower.  That ANY of them (even Gaetz, Cruz,Hawley and any of his other cronies) are even REMOTELY showing him support shows a level of subservience nd cowardice that's on par with Reek from Game of Thrones......
Maybe because they weren't scared because they only stood to gain from things going worse on Wednesday. The crowd that broke in loves them and they would have been protected for sure. 

He said that every time they encountered law enforcement.

I noticed those doors also had chairs on the other side as a barricade. Then there's the officer off to the side with the gun who shot. My guess is that passage way was a key place to draw a line because of where Congressmen and Senators were. (As someone who is totally ignorant about security, I'd think you'd want to draw that line and the entrance to the entire building, but maybe this was it.) A few minutes earlier in that video, that group was packed in a tight hallway leading to doors. They couldn't get through those doors and left to go around where Ashli was shot. I wonder if those previous doors were the main entrance to the House Chamber where that famous photo was taken with security pointing guns at the door and had a large piece of furnishing barricading it. If so, then my guess is the route they took around the side and the doors where Ashli was shot was simply a line they just couldn't let people pass for fear of harm coming to elected officials.
Yes - you want a choke point

I assume his Presidency is only technically still in existence. I don't think he will be allowed to actually do any governing (he hardly was the last 2 months anyway). I will say he is the 1st President who went out and did everything everyone said he would do. 
It's down to who is handling national security at this time.  He definately checked out a while ago.

@ChiefD , @Ramsay Hunt Experience -- do you guys remember when this tidbit came out in 2018? If they can work around Trump in the middle of his term, they can certainly do it now:

Anonymous Trump resistance op-ed in the NYT parallels the darkest days of Richard Nixon’s presidency, historians say (CNBC, 9/6/2018)

• An anonymous op-ed written by a senior Trump administration official claiming to be part of a cabal of insiders thwarting the president’s agenda has virtually no precedent in presidential history, experts say.
  • Michael Beschloss, a presidential historian, says the only parallel in modern times is the end of the presidency of Richard Nixon, whose top aides worried about what he might do as he faced the imminent prospect of removal from office in the summer of 1974.
Further reading spoilered below, Beschloss quoted:

Reveal hidden contents
An anonymous op-ed written by a senior Trump administration official claiming to be part of a cabal of insiders thwarting the president’s agenda has virtually no precedent in presidential history, experts have said.

Michael Beschloss, a presidential historian for NBC News, said the only parallel in modern times is the end of the presidency of Richard Nixon, whose top aides worried about what he might do as he faced the imminent prospect of removal from office in the summer of 1974.

“I’ve never seen anything like this in modern presidential history,” Beschloss said during an interview Wednesday night on MSNBC’s “MTP Daily.”

In the op-ed published in The New York Times, a writer identified only as a “senior official” in President Donald Trump’s administration wrote that “many Trump appointees” were working to impede the president’s agenda in order to “preserve our democratic institutions.”

Beschloss said the essay was so extraordinary, its only precedent was the defiance of Nixon aides, who feared that the embattled, paranoid president would employ the military to protect his position.

At the time, Defense Secretary James Schlesinger advised the military to disregard presidential orders that he did not explicitly approve, Beschloss said.

“Henry Kissinger, the secretary of State, was privately saying Al Haig, the White House chief of staff, was keeping the country together, and he, Kissinger, was keeping the world together,” Beschloss said. “But that’s not at this level.”
Didnt this turn out to just be a low level dude? Like a consultant even.

Maybe because they weren't scared because they only stood to gain from things going worse on Wednesday. The crowd that broke in loves them and they would have been protected for sure. 
Yet they ran.  I don't remember Cruz and Gaetz greeting Bison Head with a bro hug and the Q version of a StoneCutters handshake.  

We should ask Fox to get back to only fawning coverage just so he has something to watch all-day. 

Either that or figure out something for him to binge watch on Netflix. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread