What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Josh McDaniels - Lets give him a hand (1 Viewer)

Regardless of what happens the rest of this game, this McDaniels guy is pretty good....
Regardless of what happens the rest of this game, that second challenge was the most brutal game-day decision I have seen in a long time.With that said, Cincy is now 4-1 and owns a victory over Pitt and a victory over Baltimore. Can we officially stop calling them a creampuff yet?

With that said, Cincy is now 4-1 and owns a victory over Pitt and a victory over Baltimore. Can we officially stop calling them a creampuff yet?
The Bengals have looked OK in their past four games, but that's a pretty small sample size. Anyone who's been paying attention for the past two decades or so knows that Cincy is a creampuff.Moreover, while the Patriots looked like a dynasty for much of the Belichick era, they are clearly not the same team this season. The 2009 version of the Patriots is average at best -- perhaps just barely above creampuff status.So the Broncos still haven't played any good teams this year.

Kyle Orton and the Broncos are now 5-0, folks.

Brady was 7-0 in OT games before he ran into the buzzsaw that is Josh McDaniels.

people still think this team is going to fade when the schedule gets "tough"?

this is a great story.

Last edited by a moderator:
With that said, Cincy is now 4-1 and owns a victory over Pitt and a victory over Baltimore. Can we officially stop calling them a creampuff yet?
The Bengals have looked OK in their past four games, but that's a pretty small sample size. Anyone who's been paying attention for the past two decades or so knows that Cincy is a creampuff.Moreover, while the Patriots looked like a dynasty for much of the Belichick era, they are clearly not the same team this season. The 2009 version of the Patriots is average at best -- perhaps just barely above creampuff status.So the Broncos still haven't played any good teams this year.
:thumbup:

I can not believe how this team turned things around from such a ridiculously messy offseason. I thought McD was a fool, but clearly he is doing something right. I'll just take my crow and go eat it.

I can not believe how this team turned things around from such a ridiculously messy offseason. I thought McD was a fool, but clearly he is doing something right. I'll just take my crow and go eat it.
I thought McDaniels was headed for certain failure. But his team is playing like they know what they're doing and they're playing very well.

You do raise some good points. Plus, both teams lost to Denver, which is terrible, so clearly those teams must not be any good. And we know Denver's a terrible team, because they've yet to defeat a good team (because any team they beat couldn't be good because they lost to Denver, which is terrible).

Kyle Orton and the Broncos are now 5-0, folks.Brady was 7-0 in OT games before he ran into the buzzsaw that is Josh McDaniels.people still think this team is going to fade when the schedule gets "tough"?this is a great story.
:thumbup: I'm not usually one to laugh at others for being wrong, but this is one storyline I'm loving. I wasn't the biggest McDaniels supporter but I figured he deserved a chance to prove himself and am loving this. Even though I still don't dislike donkeys (living in KS for 6 years will make you either love or hate them) I can enjoy this.

:thumbup: :lmao:

The Bengals have looked OK in their past four games, but that's a pretty small sample size. Anyone who's been paying attention for the past two decades or so knows that Cincy is a creampuff.Moreover, while the Patriots looked like a dynasty for much of the Belichick era, they are clearly not the same team this season. The 2009 version of the Patriots is average at best -- perhaps just barely above creampuff status.

So the Broncos still haven't played any good teams this year.
You do raise some good points. Plus, both teams lost to Denver, which is terrible, so clearly those teams must not be any good. And we know Denver's a terrible team, because they've yet to defeat a good team (because any team they beat couldn't be good because they lost to Denver, which is terrible).
When the Broncos finally beat a team that outscores them, then they will be for real.

The Bengals have looked OK in their past four games, but that's a pretty small sample size. Anyone who's been paying attention for the past two decades or so knows that Cincy is a creampuff.Moreover, while the Patriots looked like a dynasty for much of the Belichick era, they are clearly not the same team this season. The 2009 version of the Patriots is average at best -- perhaps just barely above creampuff status.

When the Broncos finally beat a team that outscores them, then they will be for real.

:thumbup: Tremblay gets the gold for the logic special-olympics.

Current AFC Playoff bracket...

#1- Denver (5-0)

#2- Indy (4-0)

#3- Cincy (4-1)

#4- NYJets (3-1)

#5 and #6- New England/Baltimore/Pitt (tied at 3-2)

Denver owns the tiebreaker over Cincy and now also over New England. Come on, Tennessee and Miami!

Unless it's a home game for Denver.

I'll be curious to see how the Bronco fans feel after they are 4-4. They aren't going to win any of the next four games. They are:New England@San Diego@BaltimorePittsburghThe Broncos are not a very good team. They got really lucky in week one. The Cowboys are not very good, and Oakland and Cleveland are horrible. But we will see if they are for real next week. And what I suspect is that they are a very average team. Nolan has improved the defense, but let's see how they do against the Patriots and then the Chargers.

:thumbup: and :thumbup:

I may have given McDaniels the nickname, McFool, so I will publicly say that I was wrong. I still don't think Denver is as good as their record but they clearly are well coached. They have been lucky, but good teams make their luck when it happens consistently. With the exception of special teams today, they are doing the little things: avoiding bad penalties; avoiding turn overs; avoid giving up big plays. That will get you in the playoffs. And McDaniels tough love may just turn around Marshall's knuckleheaded ways.

McDaniels reaction to the win was priceless - fist pumping his way down the sideline, jumping into one of his player's arms. I can't help but love this guy.

I'll be curious to see how the Bronco fans feel after they are 4-4. They aren't going to win any of the next four games. They are:New England@San Diego@BaltimorePittsburghThe Broncos are not a very good team. They got really lucky in week one. The Cowboys are not very good, and Oakland and Cleveland are horrible. But we will see if they are for real next week. And what I suspect is that they are a very average team. Nolan has improved the defense, but let's see how they do against the Patriots and then the Chargers.
lol

I Wonder what Cutler thinks about this?
I am sure he is enjoying his bye week while on a 3-1 team that is also playing pretty well. :mellow: :thumbup:
McDaniels reaction to the win was priceless - fist pumping his way down the sideline, jumping into one of his player's arms. I can't help but love this guy.
He reminded me of Mike Tomlin when he was doing that. Those young coaches sure know how to have fun, don't they?

lol
:mellow:

:mellow:
:thumbup: :lmao:
:rolleyes: :lmao: :lmao:

Based on 2007 standards, not shaking hands after the game, he should be drawn and quartered.
McD and Belichick were both looking for each other, but McD kept running into New England assistants and players who wanted to shake hands and hug. Belichick grew tired of waiting and left the field. Then McD went into super awesome fist pumping mode.

Are you allowed to drink on the job like this? :fishing:

I gotta hand it to McDaniels and the Broncos. They had one of the most drama-filled offseasons you'll ever see, had a poor preseason, yet they have started off 5-0 and beaten some GOOD teams (not a fluke 5-0 where they only beat teams like the Rams and Raiders). I had pegged them to be one of the worst 2-3 teams by the end of the season...

I am more than happy to come in and eat my crow. I was probably one of the more vocal critics of him. As a fan of the Broncos for 40 years and a native, I am more than happy to be wrong. I predicted 3-13 possibly 4-12 as a best case.

This team is just amazing right now. Every time they stumble, that little voice that was there all season, comes in and begins to say, "Okay, here comes the collapse," but it doesn't come.

I am happy as a Denver fan beyond belief and I hope it continues. :ph34r:

This is really a feel good story at this point.

I gotta hand it to McDaniels and the Broncos. They had one of the most drama-filled offseasons you'll ever see, had a poor preseason, yet they have started off 5-0 and beaten some GOOD teams (not a fluke 5-0 where they only beat teams like the Rams and Raiders). I had pegged them to be one of the worst 2-3 teams by the end of the season...
:ph34r:

Denver's upcoming schedule:

@ San Diego (2-2)

BYE

@ Baltimore (3-2)

Vs. Pittsburgh (3-2)

@ Washington (2-3)

Vs. San Diego (2-2)

Vs. NYGiants (5-0)

@ Kansas City (0-5)

@ Indy (5-0)

Vs. Oakland (1-4)

@ Philly (4-1)

Vs. Kansas City (0-5)

Total record of remaining opponents: 27-26

Record of previous opponents (not counting games against Denver): 12-8

Not sayin' anything, just sayin'.

@ San Diego (2-2) Very over-rated, not the team they were last year. Should have lost to Oak.

BYE

@ Baltimore (3-2) Over-rated, not the same D they've had in the past. Lost to Cin

Vs. Pittsburgh (3-2) Over-rated. Almost lost to SD.

@ Washington (2-3) Terrible. Lost to Det.

Vs. San Diego (2-2)

Vs. NYGiants (5-0) Very over-rated. Have yet to play anyone.

@ Kansas City (0-5) Even at 0-5 over-rated..

@ Indy (5-0) If Denver wins this one we can say they are for real.

Vs. Oakland (1-4)

@ Philly (4-1)

Vs. Kansas City (0-5)

Seriously? So the Broncos have to beat the Colts, or else they are not for real? What if they go 15-1, with that one loss being to the Colts? Are they not for real? Let's get real...they are 5-0, and three of their wins are against teams who are 10-5 (10-2 if you take away the losses to Denver). In fact, the three teams they have beaten have only collectively lost to Denver, the 3-1 Jets and the 5-0 Giants. I'd say they are for real, right here and now.

:missing: :excited: LOL, what would the records of the Bengals, Cowboys and Patriots be if they beat the Broncos???

@ San Diego (2-2) Very over-rated, not the team they were last year. Should have lost to Oak.

BYE

@ Baltimore (3-2) Over-rated, not the same D they've had in the past. Lost to Cin

Vs. Pittsburgh (3-2) Over-rated. Almost lost to SD.

@ Washington (2-3) Terrible. Lost to Det.

Vs. San Diego (2-2)

Vs. NYGiants (5-0) Very over-rated. Have yet to play anyone.

@ Kansas City (0-5) Even at 0-5 over-rated..

Vs. Oakland (1-4)

@ Philly (4-1)

Vs. Kansas City (0-5)

This post has "football NOWLEDGE written all over it.."

:missing:

Users who are viewing this thread