What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justified (1 Viewer)

The guy at AICN stated how he would end the show. Most of it was junk - but one scene he listed was so good I am afraid it may end up a spolier.

my thoughts on everyone's location at the end of the finale:

Raylan - Florida

Boyd - dead

Ava - prison

Boone - dead

Markham - prison

Art - dead

Rachel - FBI director

Tim - who cares?

Wynn - rides off into the sunset

my thoughts on everyone's location at the end of the finale:

Raylan - Florida

Boyd - dead

Ava - prison

Boone - dead

Markham - prison

Art - dead

Rachel - FBI director

Tim - who cares?

Wynn - rides off into the sunset
Loretta-Mayor of Harlan

Enjoyed the finale. A little too neat but enjoyed the speech at the end
''We dug coal together''
I didn't like that Raylan out and out lied about Ava. He didn't need to tell the whole truth there, but the observation that Byd loved Ava was right on. The mutual respect they have/fact they dug coal together could have led him to tell Boyd that she made it out of Harlan.

And it was fun to see preacher Boyd again.

Strong finale.

Beautiful ending.

Cheers to you, Justified. You'll never be listed among the all-time TV greats, but dammit, you were always entertaining.

''We dug coal together''
I didn't like that Raylan out and out lied about Ava. He didn't need to tell the whole truth there, but the observation that Byd loved Ava was right on. The mutual respect they have/fact they dug coal together could have led him to tell Boyd that she made it out of Harlan.

He lied for the safety of Boyd's son.

A few thoughts. Though somewhat corny, a nice final scene with Raylan and Boyd. It had to be that way.

For a second, I thought Raylan was dead. Then I saw there was still a half hour left. No chance he goes that early.

Minor things which bug me:

Raylan's appearance didn't change one bit in four years? Okay. No extra grey hairs. Same exact 5-day goatee. Same exact sideburns. C'mon.

No way Ava would have still had that thick Kentucky drawl living in California for any decent amount of time. Though her #### looked great.

Bon Voyage to a fun show. :banned:

No way Ava would have still had that thick Kentucky drawl living in California for any decent amount of time.
A lot of people don't lose their accents when they move to another region. My cousin has lived up north for over 30 years, and she still sounds like a country girl from the south.

''We dug coal together''

I know why he lied. I just didn't like it. As I said, he didn't need to tell the whole truth, just not lie.

ETA: I wanted Loretta to at least kick Boone before he died.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had forgotten that the very first scene of the very first episode took place in Miami. Click "Episode Links" and then scroll down all the way to the Vidbull link at the bottom. It's one of the only working links left on that page. Funny looking back to Day 1.
Sepinwall has been tweeting out that it would be good to watch the pilot before the finale.

The pilot is currently free on iTunes so I watched it first. There were at least five direct references to things mentioned in the pilot.

I'm not sure why Justified wasn't more popular. One of my favorite all time shows and a superb finale. The only gripe I had with it is that I have serious doubts that they would have let Givens and Ava ride back to Lexington alone.

But aside from that just a superb finale to one of my top 5 series of all time.

I had forgotten that the very first scene of the very first episode took place in Miami. Click "Episode Links" and then scroll down all the way to the Vidbull link at the bottom. It's one of the only working links left on that page. Funny looking back to Day 1.
Sepinwall has been tweeting out that it would be good to watch the pilot before the finale.

The pilot is currently free on iTunes so I watched it first. There were at least five direct references to things mentioned in the pilot.

I'm not sure why Justified wasn't more popular. One of my favorite all time shows and a superb finale. The only gripe I had with it is that I have serious doubts that they would have let Givens and Ava ride back to Lexington alone.

But aside from that just a superb finale to one of my top 5 series of all time.

''We dug coal together''

I know why he lied. I just didn't like it. As I said, he didn't need to tell the whole truth, just not lie.

ETA: I wanted Loretta to at least kick Boone before he died.
The whole purpose of his visit to Boyd was to make sure he never went searching for Ava. Without the lie there is no conversation.

And nobody has mentioned the best line of the season. Forget those lame lines some of you throw up as great.

Art - "I still don't know what she sees in you"

Raylan - "It would be weird if you did"

Interesting in a way that he didn't commit to Winona. Still the lone wolf who moved back to Florida to be a part time parent.
not to nerd this up

We have no idea what happened in those 4 years. Maybe they tried it didn't work, BLAH BLAH BLAH

:yentatalk:

Last edited by a moderator:
what was boyd's last words? Couldn't hear it.
We dug coal together.
It was a great final scene - but hard to reconcile with the fact that Raylan was willing to kill the guy a few scenes earlier (although it was years) - and was mad that he didn't get the opportunity.
He wanted to, but he never could. He had the opportunity and part of him wanted to pull the trigger. If you go back and watch the pilot, they had a "showdown" at the end of the pilot, and Raylan shot him, but he didn't shoot to kill, which his boss pointed out at the time.

Raylan never could kill Boyd. He obviously would have killed Boyd had Boyd drawn on him, but neither would make the move to kill, which they both discussed in the final scene.

Just thinking back on the finale, I'm just so pleased with how it ended. Finale's are not always all that great. This one was. I'm gonna miss this show. It's one I can see me going back to.

Re-watching the pilot, I was laughing out loud at the Raylan/Dewey Crowe scenes. Such great characters in this show.

Been trying to get my wife started on this and really wanted to at least get the pilot in before watching the finale...but no. It will happen though. Just have to get her hooked before orphan black starts back up. :mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread