What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kamala Harris' border crisis. Biden put her in charge. (1 Viewer)

DeSantis really exposed liberal phonies with this maneuver.
No. He really didn’t. Just exposed those on the right as uncaring people who enjoy using people as political stunts.

Seems like you are wrong on this one

Immigrants thank DeSantis for Martha’s Vineyard relocation
Like I said, they hit the lottery.
Is it any surprise that no one answered my question when I asked where would they rather be, on a military site in Cape Cod or living on the street in El Paso?

Anyone want to answer? I've been waiting.
Sad you trying to justify this.
I wish people would stop telling me how sad they are for me thinking how I think. Save it, I don't care.
Seems clear manynof you dont care. Its all about a show.
It seems you and many others don't get it and thats ok. It's not about a show at all. Its about reality.
Reality is there was zero reason for Desantis to do this other than a show.

No. He really didn’t. Just exposed those on the right as uncaring people who enjoy using people as political stunts.

Is it any surprise that no one answered my question when I asked where would they rather be, on a military site in Cape Cod or living on the street in El Paso?

I wish people would stop telling me how sad they are for me thinking how I think. Save it, I don't care.
It seems you and many others don't get it and thats ok. It's not about a show at all. Its about reality.
Do you agree it has drawn attention to the migrants?

Martha's Vineyard caused people to freak out over 50 illegals being dropped off.
The aren't freaking out over 50 people.
They're freaking out over a Florida governor lying to 50 human beings, and dropping them off in another state without alerting anyone, except the media to own the libs.

It's depressing you don't understand that.
IMO...they understand it...they just don't care. Because trying to make the left look bad is the point. Doesn't matter how illogical the move is, doesn't matter how cruel it is...
Cruel? Setting them up in swanky sanctuary city like Martha’s Vineyard listening to some Steely Dan and dining on chowder and lobstah rolls seems much nicer than leaving them in cages in Texas?

Just stop...its such a dishonest take to claim they were just being sent to some swanky place like it was a vacation. Its really a bad look man.
I know it's all fake, but it isn't even believable outrage Be smarter about the details here.

We don't have to act like it was a vacation. We just have to acknowledge that it would be an improvement of conditions.

They weren't living in mansions in Texas and then getting scooped from their beds and dropped off in MV. This is at worst a 100% lateral move for them and it shifts the burden away from the poorer border towns while bringing awareness to the massive problem such a ridiculous spigot of illegals is.

In theory everybody should win.

Immigrants get better place
MV gets to show that they really mean their lawn signs.
Republicans get to reduce the population swell.

Yay, world is better.

Well except for that pesky detail that the people of Martha's vineyard want nothing to do with illegals in their backyard.

TX and FL should continue to send migrants to as many sanctuary cities as possible. Isn’t that what sanctuary cities want? Load hundreds of illegals onto trains and ship them out as quickly as the cross the border.
You talk like you are loading freight from a warehouse to be shipped out. These are human beings.

Just sickening. :thumbdown:

So yiubagree it was a stunt and he used those people…but not for his cause but to give attention to asylum seekers?

Martha's Vineyard caused people to freak out over 50 illegals being dropped off.
The aren't freaking out over 50 people.
They're freaking out over a Florida governor lying to 50 human beings, and dropping them off in another state without alerting anyone, except the media to own the libs.

It's depressing you don't understand that.
IMO...they understand it...they just don't care. Because trying to make the left look bad is the point. Doesn't matter how illogical the move is, doesn't matter how cruel it is...
Cruel? Setting them up in swanky sanctuary city like Martha’s Vineyard listening to some Steely Dan and dining on chowder and lobstah rolls seems much nicer than leaving them in cages in Texas?

Just stop...its such a dishonest take to claim they were just being sent to some swanky place like it was a vacation. Its really a bad look man.
I know it's all fake, but it isn't even believable outrage Be smarter about the details here.

We don't have to act like it was a vacation. We just have to acknowledge that it would be an improvement of conditions.

They weren't living in mansions in Texas and then getting scooped from their beds and dropped off in MV. This is at worst a 100% lateral move for them and it shifts the burden away from the poorer border towns while bringing awareness to the massive problem such a ridiculous spigot of illegals is.

In theory everybody should win.

Immigrants get better place
MV gets to show that they really mean their lawn signs.
Republicans get to reduce the population swell.

Yay, world is better.

Well except for that pesky detail that the people of Martha's vineyard want nothing to do with illegals in their backyard.
They have court dates…close to Marthas Vineyard? Family there?

So yiubagree it was a stunt and he used those people…but not for his cause but to give attention to asylum seekers?
I've said from the beginning that he used the migrants to draw attention to whats happening at the southern border. The difference seems to be how cruel and disgusting some of you feel it is while I feel it is being done for a better future if it brings real attention to the situation and hopefully a better plan for both the people that live at the border and the immigrants themselves.

TX and FL should continue to send migrants to as many sanctuary cities as possible. Isn’t that what sanctuary cities want? Load hundreds of illegals onto trains and ship them out as quickly as the cross the border.
No. That isn’t what a sanctuary city is.
That is exactly what a sanctuary city is.
No. Really its not at all.

I've said from the beginning that he used the migrants to draw attention to whats happening at the southern border. The difference seems to be how cruel and disgusting some of you feel it is while I feel it is being done for a better future if it brings real attention to the situation and hopefully a better plan for both the people that live at the border and the immigrants themselves.

Its bringing zero attention to anything more than the far right wing fantasy of a wall and less immigration.

What’s frustrating about this question is that some of us have been trying to bring attention to this issue for years. My question for you is, are you willing to consider reasonable solutions to this issue?

Their estimate if cost likey isn’t. Thats what happens when you use anyi immigration groups as proof of stuff. See also CIS. Neither are reliable. And yes, there are several pro immigration groups that wouldn’t be reliable either.

The migrants have been deported out of Martha’s Vineyard.
From your link:
Some of these migrants were sent to Martha's Vineyard even though they have immigration hearings scheduled that are nowhere near Massachusetts.

DeSantis doesn't care about that, and neither do his panting lapdogs
They’ll figure it out. Amnesty cases on average take over 3 years to get resolved. By that point they will have had their entire family sent here and will have enough money to take a $500 plane ride to wherever their hearing is.

What is the issue with getting these people to Sanctuary cities? Isn’t that why they were created?
That’s the brilliance of what DeSantis and the Texas governor are doing. They are exposing the hypocrisy of the liberal NIMBY left. When the cameras are there they will set up cots in a church, but the very next day they will call the national guard and ship them off to the mainland. This is going to be a new thing now. Conservatives are going to make liberals walk the walk rather than talk the talk. Question for the liberals in here - how many of you actually live in depressed areas, or in cities that are predominantly black?

What’s frustrating about this question is that some of us have been trying to bring attention to this issue for years. My question for you is, are you willing to consider reasonable solutions to this issue?
Hit me with a list of solutions and I will answer them all. But tomorrow because I'm going to bed

No. That isn’t what a sanctuary city is.
That is exactly what a sanctuary city is.
No. Really its not at all.
No, not when it's merely virtue signaling. You have a point there.

You talk like you are loading freight from a warehouse to be shipped out. These are human beings.

Just sickening. :thumbdown:
Ending up in Martha's Vineyard isn't a bad outcome.

I will admit that I probably shouldn't have said gotta love DeSantis. I wasn't really thinking about the actual folks involved.

Mine was more of a reverse snobbery. I will never even come close to sniffing the air of a vacation in a place like Martha's Vineyard. So it was more of a let's see how the rich folks like it when it in their backyard.

I have empathy for these folks but open borders is not the answer. I was lucky like everyone else here and hit on the birthing lottery.
Democrats do not support “open borders”. No one is suggesting that is the answer.
And yet they are. Right now. Not just supporting it, but implementing it.

The delusion goes deep.
I was in Mexico two weeks ago. Had to show passports and go through customs with my entire family upon return. Open borders is a Tucker Carlson myth.
Yeah ok. Is that what Kamala told you? This graph shall end the conversation. https://twitter.com/adam_wola/status/1559993429689614336?s=46&t=7SR1kJ7CLcmpBl_lTmRlPA
Ek, certainly you can see their point too. You both have a point, and the graph you just linked doesn't prove or disprove anything about how much those extra encounters cost, or that it proves that the borders are "open".

I get what they are saying - it's hard to trust stats and facts as it is. IMO it should be even harder to trust info coming from places that you know have a biased starting point. IF we have a choice we probably should try to find studies about immigration from places that aren't pro or anti immigration. If that isn't an option, we should at least be honest about the source, possible bias, and keep that in the back of our mind while looking at them.

But, that's what the PSF is - more conversations about this than what the actual stats and articles might be saying, and maybe what our questions and concerns about the stats are. Hell, maybe even a :gasp: counter link to a source we prefer that may or may not have similar stats. Because back to your point - your stats could be right.
Who knows my friend. What I do know is that you're a good dude. As far as facts go, in today's world the truth is relative. I have tremendous sympathy for these migrants, I really do. My grandparents emigrated to this country with nothing but a suitcase, a couple hundred dollars, and a dream. And yes, I do believe that more immigrants are needed in this country - not only because they do the jobs that no Americans want to do, but because their struggle and their work ethic remind us of what greatness really is. But let's not kid ourselves either. Immigrants do not pay for themselves. They use up welfare and healthcare resources. A lot of them send the money they make back to their families in the homeland. This is a noble gesture in my opinion. It's one of the things I love most about them, their dedication to family.

I have some experience in this area. About 15 years ago I dated a girl who was an illegal immigrant with two kids who were born in America. The kids were smart as hell, and I loved the different perspective they brought to the table. But you know who their Primary Care Physician was? The hospital. Yup - every time these kids caught a cold my gf would take the kids to the emergency room for treatment and a prescription. I once asked her how she paid the bills and she busted out laughing. "We don't pay the bills because the bills never come to us. We give a different address and the hospital knows this. Are you naive or something?" :biggrin:

The other memory I have is watching the World Cup in 2010. My gf was Brazilian and as you know they are crazy about football. At one point it looked like Brazil might meet up with the USA in the knockout stage. I was at a bar watching Brazil advance and all the Brazilians were going crazy. I must have spent $500 buying them all drinks, but the celebration was awesome. But when I asked them who they would root for if the USA met Brazil - every single one of them said Brazil. I remember asking my gf - why would you root for Brazil when your kids are American citizens? The booze was probably talking, but she hit me with the truth right between the eyes. Her kids may have been raised in America, but they were Brazilian, and always will be. When I asked about all the good things America did for her family the response was, well, not good. She basically said that she was in America to make money and give her kids a better life. But America was a racist, capitalist country that took advantage of immigrants, and had no allegiance to us. Talk about a "wow" moment. And she wasn't alone, I can assure you that.

So yeah, maybe I'm a bit jaded by that experience. But it was an experience, and it was very real. As Forrest Gump said, "And that's all I have to say about that."

Where do you live sho? In a nice white suburb with low crime? Or an inner-city with a high minority population and high crime rate? Where do your kids go to school? Do you have any black friends? Genuinely interested in this.
I doubt you are interested…nor is it really relevant to any of this.
It very much is relevant, and I am interested. Are your beliefs theoretical? Or are they grounded in real-world experiences? It's a fair question. But by your response I think I know what the answer is, and why you won't divulge the truth.

What is the issue with getting these people to Sanctuary cities? Isn’t that why they were created?
That’s the brilliance of what DeSantis and the Texas governor are doing. They are exposing the hypocrisy of the liberal NIMBY left. When the cameras are there they will set up cots in a church, but the very next day they will call the national guard and ship them off to the mainland. This is going to be a new thing now. Conservatives are going to make liberals walk the walk rather than talk the talk. Question for the liberals in here - how many of you actually live in depressed areas, or in cities that are predominantly black?
There is no hypocrisy. There is no NIMBY. The amount of help people in Martha’s Vineyard offered was heartwarming. The only reason that they moved them to Cape Cod was because the facilities were better.

DeSantis isn’t brilliant; he just looks like a ridiculous fool for doing this.

I know it will shock some conservatives but many of us welcome migrants and want to help them. Almost no liberal I know has a NIMBY attitude. Keep sending them if you want. It’s dumb and costs you guys money but we will gladly take them. You only prove your own lack of decency by trying to send them elsewhere.

Which is why he's smashing fundraising efforts. Sorry - pesky facts intruding here.
I know it will shock some conservatives but many of us welcome migrants and want to help them.
As do I. Those who go through the process and legal channels are to be lauded and welcomed. I love that this country has the most open legal immigration system in the world.

I know it will shock some conservatives but many of us welcome migrants and want to help them. Almost no liberal I know has a NIMBY attitude. Keep sending them if you want. It’s dumb and costs you guys money but we will gladly take them. You only prove your own lack of decency by trying to send them elsewhere.
Ooh, that’s a sick burn. Don’t ever mistake my objection to illegal immigration as a lack of decency. I have a tremendous amount of respect for these people.

Ooh, that’s a sick burn. Don’t ever mistake my objection to illegal immigration as a lack of decency. I have a tremendous amount of respect for these people.
FTR when I wrote “you” it wasn’t you personally. It was a general term used to describe those who arranged this transport.

The people of Martha's Vineyard totally discredit your post here. They weren't accepting and sent them somewhere else themselves. And they did that while they virtue signaled off the charts.

So, yeah, nimby is in full force.

There is no hypocrisy. There is no NIMBY. The amount of help people in Martha’s Vineyard offered was heartwarming. The only reason that they moved them to Cape Cod was because the facilities were better.

Excuses are like buttholes: everybody's got one.

The fact of the matter is the people of Martha's Vineyard did not want them there. That's why they sent them somewhere else. I didn't see anyone opening any doors for them.

But that certainly didn't stop them from talking the talk.

I will admit that I probably shouldn't have said gotta love DeSantis. I wasn't really thinking about the actual folks involved.

Mine was more of a reverse snobbery. I will never even come close to sniffing the air of a vacation in a place like Martha's Vineyard. So it was more of a let's see how the rich folks like it when it in their backyard.

I have empathy for these folks but open borders is not the answer. I was lucky like everyone else here and hit on the birthing lottery.
The booze was probably talking, but she hit me with the truth right between the eyes. Her kids may have been raised in America, but they were Brazilian, and always will be. When I asked about all the good things America did for her family the response was, well, not good. She basically said that she was in America to make money and give her kids a better life. But America was a racist, capitalist country that took advantage of immigrants, and had no allegiance to us. Talk about a "wow" moment. And she wasn't alone, I can assure you that.

So yeah, maybe I'm a bit jaded by that experience. But it was an experience, and it was very real. As Forrest Gump said, "And that's all I have to say about that."
She’s your ex so I feel like I can say this…I’m not sure that doesn’t say more about her than America. I mean she comes here to make money in a capitalist society (which is why she came here) and then bashes the capitalist system.

I’d be jaded to if someone said that too.

Last edited:

Which is why he's smashing fundraising efforts. Sorry - pesky facts intruding here.
I know it will shock some conservatives but many of us welcome migrants and want to help them.
As do I. Those who go through the process and legal channels are to be lauded and welcomed. I love that this country has the most open legal immigration system in the world.
Speaking of pesky facts, does it matter to you that many do the people DeSantis is illegally trafficking are indeed going through the asylum process and are here legally.?

LOL at citing DeSantis’ fundraising off his inhumane treatment of desperate brown people. We already know racism pays in the GOP Sand.

No you don’t. If so you’d be horrified by DeSantis’ actions.

Ekbeats I can show you numerous studies that show that undocumented immigrants are a net benefit to the USA, that they pay billions in taxes every year.
Heritage foundation puts cost at 54 billion/ year. That's from 2013, but I don't see how costs would have gone down with our govt

spending skyrocketing.

The studies you prefer never measure true costs.

This isn't complicated. We spend more money than we take in as a whole. How the hell would people on the poorest end of the scale be a net benefit financially?

This sounds like something Biden would propose.

Joe, how can we lower the deficit?

Well we will bring in tons of people for the lowest tax bracket. Then we will hire 80,000 IRS agents and squeeze them. Boom, net benefit.
The same people who wanted $15/hour living wages (that was cute), are the same ones who like cheap cash labor from illegals.

I feel sorry for the people who were sent to Martha’s Vineyard. It is great to see the pompous asses complaining though. I guess they are not that accepting either.
They were accepting. Read the reports of how the community rallied to benefit the immigrants.

Do you really think they are that far away from the city? They are right near Ohare and the other just near the 294 corridor...its outside of downtown, but still very much in what people would consider "Chicago".
Why didn't she just keep them in the city?
Why would I know that answer myself? Hotel in the burbs cost less than hotel in the city...less for the taxpayer to worry about. Are you under the impression that they are that far out of actual Chicago?
If what DeSantis did was a political stunt, then what Lightfoot did was too.
But no one cared here when she did it.
They also don’t care when Biden does it either.
I hope the transporting of the illegals by the Pres gets more press as Biden tries to drum up charges against the TX and FL governors.
Feds fly thousands of migrants to Florida in the middle of the night without telling anyone - crickets. DeSantis flys 50 to mv - media storm and outrage.

Has anyone stopped to think how far $12M would go in El Paso to help the people there? This will likely go unaddressed, but I read these threads and simply can't believe the number of people outright begging for the "show" and think it's an honest attempt to help. Would it shock any of you to learn that pro wrestling isn't real?

We agree sometimes, ek - but not here. I don't see anything brilliant about this, and what this reminds me of is Tx and Cali ramping up of their dumb laws on abortion/guns where you can report others. So all that's likely to happen from this stunt is now a blue state will send a baby to politicians state or house that is staunchly pro-life. Nothing will happen, it's just political b.s. with actual humans involved. Basically just a pissing match to "own" the other team.

But, it got clicks, headlines, and high-fives so it was successful - especially for somebody who might want to drum up his stock for a POTUS run.

Where do you live sho? In a nice white suburb with low crime? Or an inner-city with a high minority population and high crime rate? Where do your kids go to school? Do you have any black friends? Genuinely interested in this.
I doubt you are interested…nor is it really relevant to any of this.
It very much is relevant, and I am interested. Are your beliefs theoretical? Or are they grounded in real-world experiences? It's a fair question. But by your response I think I know what the answer is, and why you won't divulge the truth.
No...I don't believe where I live, where my kids go to school, or if I have black friends has anything to do with Ron Desantis using immigrants as a political pawn and lying to them before shipping them from Texas to Florida to Martha's Vineyard.

We agree sometimes, ek - but not here. I don't see anything brilliant about this, and what this reminds me of is Tx and Cali ramping up of their dumb laws on abortion/guns where you can report others. So all that's likely to happen from this stunt is now a blue state will send a baby to politicians state or house that is staunchly pro-life. Nothing will happen, it's just political b.s. with actual humans involved. Basically just a pissing match to "own" the other team.

But, it got clicks, headlines, and high-fives so it was successful - especially for somebody who might want to drum up his stock for a POTUS run.
Does it matter that the stunt pulled by one of the teams is inhumane and morally obscene?

Ekbeats I can show you numerous studies that show that undocumented immigrants are a net benefit to the USA, that they pay billions in taxes every year.
Heritage foundation puts cost at 54 billion/ year. That's from 2013, but I don't see how costs would have gone down with our govt

spending skyrocketing.

This isn't complicated. We spend more money than we take in as a whole. How the hell would people on the poorest end of the scale be a net benefit financially?

Well we will bring in tons of people for the lowest tax bracket. Then we will hire 80,000 IRS agents and squeeze them. Boom, net benefit.
The same people who wanted $15/hour living wages (that was cute), are the same ones who like cheap cash labor from illegals.

I feel sorry for the people who were sent to Martha’s Vineyard. It is great to see the pompous asses complaining though. I guess they are not that accepting either.
They were accepting. Read the reports of how the community rallied to benefit the immigrants.
Send them more then. Hollywood and gov Newsom should get some also.

Do you really think they are that far away from the city? They are right near Ohare and the other just near the 294 corridor...its outside of downtown, but still very much in what people would consider "Chicago".
Why didn't she just keep them in the city?
Why would I know that answer myself? Hotel in the burbs cost less than hotel in the city...less for the taxpayer to worry about. Are you under the impression that they are that far out of actual Chicago?
If what DeSantis did was a political stunt, then what Lightfoot did was too.
But no one cared here when she did it.
They also don’t care when Biden does it either.
I hope the transporting of the illegals by the Pres gets more press as Biden tries to drum up charges against the TX and FL governors.
Feds fly thousands of migrants to Florida in the middle of the night without telling anyone - crickets. DeSantis flys 50 to mv - media storm and outrage.
Do you believe the two examples are exactly the same?

spending skyrocketing.

Send them more then. Hollywood and gov Newsom should get some also.
Applauding and supporting cruelty. At least you’re owning your own moral failings.

Does it matter that the stunt pulled by one of the teams is inhumane and morally obscene?
Not sure why you are asking me this question.

Speaking of pesky facts, does it matter to you that many do the people DeSantis is illegally trafficking are indeed going through the asylum process and are here legally.?

LOL at citing DeSantis’ fundraising off his inhumane treatment of desperate brown people. We already know racism pays in the GOP Sand.
I do find it hysterical that the blue team recognizes that trafficking suddenly exists. A couple million at the border being trafficked, extorted, sold into sex slavery - whistle past the graveyard. 50 immigrants get a trip to Martha's Vineyard - "trafficking!!"

I'll ignore the second paragraph. It's below most in this forum, evidently not you.

I do find it hysterical that the blue team recognizes that trafficking suddenly exists. A couple million at the border being trafficked, extorted, sold into sex slavery - whistle past the graveyard. 50 immigrants get a trip to Martha's Vineyard - "trafficking!!"

I'll ignore the second paragraph. It's below most in this forum, evidently not you.
Where in the world do you get the impression that others didn't know trafficking exists? You seem to be equating the two, which I disagree with, but what does that say about our politicians if they are doing similar what you describe at the border?

Where in the world do you get the impression that others didn't know trafficking exists? You seem to be equating the two, which I disagree with, but what does that say about our politicians if they are doing similar what you describe at the border?
Exactly.
and yes...if anyone is celebrating human trafficking at the border...they should be called out for it as well.

Has anyone stopped to think how far $12M would go in El Paso to help the people there? This will likely go unaddressed, but I read these threads and simply can't believe the number of people outright begging for the "show" and think it's an honest attempt to help. Would it shock any of you to learn that pro wrestling isn't real?
You crossed the line with this post.

ETA: also just wait for people cheering on the glorious use of this 12M start chirping about fiscal responsibility and government waste in another thread too. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread