What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kentucky Nurse Video Records Conversation As She's Fired For Refusing Vaccine ( 9/15/21 21:22 PST) (1 Viewer)

I get the reluctance to do what the Fed Govt wants you to do.   I personally dislike the idea of mandates, but the anti-vax community has backed themselves into this scenerio by not following what the vast majority of the medical and scientific community says is appropriate. The anti-vax community thinks they have very nuanced arguments on what is appropriate, but frankly it seems like these arguments all distill down to ignorance and selfishness.

in retrospect, there is a long list of drugs that FDA and the US should never have allowed

but when they were put on market, everyone said exactly the above .... they're safe, effective, FDA approved, no side effects etc

DDT is a great example

NOBODY can say these shots are safe - not until a decade from now when data is available. Can you acknowledge that ? 

I don't get the drama about the Fedgov. Its a private health care company. They set a policy which the employee violated.  She's termed - that's all.

if a company says you cannot work there if you're black or white skinned, or male or female gender, or hetero/homo/gay/whatever .... if a company said those things that's ok too right? 

any policy is ok now ?

in retrospect, there is a long list of drugs that FDA and the US should never have allowed

but when they were put on market, everyone said exactly the above .... they're safe, effective, FDA approved, no side effects etc

DDT is a great example

NOBODY can say these shots are safe - not until a decade from now when data is available. Can you acknowledge that ? 
DDT was an insecticide, not a drug.  It was approved by the Department of Agriculture and approval was cancelled by the EPA.

The FDA had nothing whatsoever to do with it. It is not a good example of anything having to do with vaccines.

if a company says you cannot work there if you're black or white skinned, or male or female gender, or hetero/homo/gay/whatever .... if a company said those things that's ok too right? 

any policy is ok now ?
Being denied employment or service for something you CAN change is called a rule.

Being denied employment for something you CAN'T change is called prejudice. When a bakery was allowed to deny service to a gay couple, did you cheer the decision? 

DDT was an insecticide, not a drug.  It was approved by the Department of Agriculture and approval was cancelled by the EPA.

The FDA had nothing whatsoever to do with it. It is not a good example of anything having to do with vaccines.

good points however there are many examples of drugs too that have been horribly bad for people - years after being allowed

a better example then - approved in what, 2002?  18 years allowed to be sold 

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-requests-removal-all-ranitidine-products-zantac-market

Being denied employment or service for something you CAN change is called a rule.

Being denied employment for something you CAN'T change is called prejudice. When a bakery was allowed to deny service to a gay couple, did you cheer the decision? 

you can choose gender, who you sleep with, your weight .... those things are absolutely choices

people just don't want to choose their jobs over them

bakery is not a good decision, they didn't force their employee's to do anything, that was THEIR personal choices

you can choose gender, who you sleep with, your weight .... those things are absolutely choices

bakery is not a good decision, they didn't force their employee's to do anything, that was THEIR personal choices
And employers can set their terms of employment. Have a great night.

No.  He made his personal friends choice part of the discussion.  People actually not wanting to associate with people that are not vaccinated.  That's germane to the discussion and I wasn't the one that brought it to the table.  Nice try tho.  
Pretty sure the comment was about her general #####y nature, not her vaccination status.   

No one says HCW are villains.  they are still heros - always have been, always will be.  Anti-vaxxers are the villains, even if they are health care workers.

I stand by that.

The values we carry and promote is a declaration of the kind of world we want our children to inherit.

When my godson was young, I taught him the danger of sweeping generalizations. That it was just a lazy way to make dehumanizing people and hating them easier.

Never hate your enemies, it clouds your judgement.

The values we carry and promote is a declaration of the kind of world we want our children to inherit.

When my godson was young, I taught him the danger of sweeping generalizations. That it was just a lazy way to make dehumanizing people and hating them easier.

Never hate your enemies, it clouds your judgement.
Very interesting considering you also said the quote below……. You might want to take your own advice here.  

I told my god son that

10) There's no such thing as a "sweet girl" or a "nice girl" or an "innocent girl"  They are all pretty much the same. Some just cost different. They are biologically hardwired to assess and extract whatever they think is valuable from you. Once you no longer have any value to them, they will move on to the next asset base.  Focus on building a life worth sharing then decide if there's anyone actually worth sharing it with.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lady at 25 seconds isn’t a nurse.  She’s a clerk/secretary I have friends/family in that hospital. 

It’s a game.  They want someone to say they’re fired so they can get unemployment.  You knew the rules.  You chose not to comply with the rules.

See Gordon, Joshua.  Zero sympathy.

Nobody’s arguing they don’t have a right to fire her.  The question is whether it’s dumb or not.  A recent study out of Israel shows that natural immunity is equal to if not better than vaccinated immunity.  Aren’t we supposed to follow the science? 
Link? And is the Covid they got their immunity from the Delta variant?

To be fair it sounds like you are being very political here.  I don’t have a dog in this fight.  Whole lotta stupid on both sides.  Forcing someone to get vaccinated who has already had Covid and developed natural immunity that at least one study concludes is stronger than vaccinated immunity is just as idiotic as the anti-vax crap.
Did you read your link?  What happens when someone who was infected gets at least one shot of the vaccine?  

I think that this is more representative of what most non political types have devised-

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/covid-19-studies-natural-immunity-versus-vaccination

If you've had COVID-19 before, does your natural immunity work better than a vaccine?  

The data is clear: Natural immunity is not better. The COVID-19 vaccines create more effective and longer-lasting immunity than natural immunity from infection.

• More than a third of COVID-19 infections result in zero protective antibodies
  • Natural immunity fades faster than vaccine immunity
  • Natural immunity alone is less than half as effective than natural immunity plus vaccination
The takeaway: Get vaccinated, even if you've had COVID-19. Vaccine immunity is stronger than natural immunity.

We get to 99% through lies, coercion, vilification, and threats. No, I hope none of this "the anti-vax are the villains" nonsense becomes "normal". Count me out of your hellish utopian fevered fantasy.

The vax zealots are NOT as bad as the hesitant, they're 100 times worse.
Worse at being annoying, smug jerks?  Maybe...maybe we are just tired of seeing our unvaxed friends and family die.  

DDT is a great example

If you want to wait 10 years, we are looking at a death toll of 2-3 million Americans, at least.  Along with that will come a shinking economy because of the dying population and eroded consumer confidence.

A detail worth mentioning. Most hospitals in my area (not sure about Kentucky) have specific Covid floors or wings. To suggest a nurse has a high likelihood of encountering Covid patients is simply not true. Depending upon their department, their job is no more likely than a trip to Walmart to be exposed. 
Do you work in a hospital?

I do.  AND in Kentucky at that.  

1.  We no longer have a dedicated covid unit.  We don't have enough nurses to take several nurses away from the other floors to the covid floor.  Other hospitals may still have their covid floor.  But some can't do that due to staffing issues.

2.  EVEN when we had a covid floor--I as a physician would go to the covid floor--and then to all the regular floors.  Nurses on the covid floor go to the same cafeteria as the other nurses and staff.  You typically don't have enough "covid nurses" to staff the unit every day--so nurses take turns getting pulled from other units to work on the covid unit.  

To say that it's the same as Wal-mart is wrong.

DDT is a great example

They're safer than the virus that has killed over 650,000 people.  And that's what you have to compare it to.

A recent study out of Israel shows that natural immunity is equal to if not better than vaccinated immunity.  Aren’t we supposed to follow the science? 

One study <> “the science”. Replicate and corroborate.

Maybe I need to go back and rewatch, but I recall the guy unambiguously saying “You’re terminated.” People in the corporate environment don’t generally use the words “you’re fired.”
I just watched it. I agree it was clear. I don’t have much experience firing people, and I acknowledge the hr (security?) guy seemed nervous, but didn’t see much wrong on their end. 

Did you read your link?  What happens when someone who was infected gets at least one shot of the vaccine?  

I think that this is more representative of what most non political types have devised-

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/covid-19-studies-natural-immunity-versus-vaccination
Yes I read the study.  Did you read the part that said Fully Vaxxed Are 27 Times More Likely To Get COVID Compared To People With Natural Immunity?  That’s not enough for you?  You also want them to get a vaccination on top of that?  How about we also require them to wear a mask?  How about 2 masks?  Pardon me for being blunt but this is where you folks on the Left look like idiots and tyrants.  Not sure how we got to this point but it’s maddening that this is so political, and like I said earlier you look just as ignorant as the anti-vaxers.  I can only conclude that this is not about public safety as much as it is about hatred for those on the other side.

One study <> “the science”. Replicate and corroborate.
It’s the largest real-world observational study to date on coronavirus immunity with respects to both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.  I anxiously await your scientific study showing that vaccinations are stronger than natural immunity.

Follow the science - unless it gives you a result you don’t like.

Yes I read the study.  Did you read the part that said Fully Vaxxed Are 27 Times More Likely To Get COVID Compared To People With Natural Immunity?  That’s not enough for you?  You also want them to get a vaccination on top of that?  How about we also require people to wear a mask?  How about 2 masks?  Pardon me for being blunt but this is where you folks on the Left look like idiots and tyrants.  Not sure how we got here but it’s maddening that this is so political.  I can only conclude that this is not about public safety as much as it is about hatred for those on the other side.
No, one study that contradicts what you'll find elsewhere is not enough.  That doesn't mean it is wrong and that it won't cause a rethinking of what was previously determined.  There is also the Rockefeller study that suggest that it could very well be correct.

All that said, it is anything but idiotic to double the protection (even for those in Kentucky) by getting and requiring the vaccine in a healthcare setting.

Those that were vaccinated are more willing to wear a mask than those that are not.

So stop making it political.  During  a national, yet alone worldwide crisis such as a pandemic their are civic duties that are simply imposed upon individuals by the social contract.  But some are instead tearing up their draft cards out of irrational fears and claiming to be the true heroic patriots.   

any policy is ok now ?
Seriously man?  Racism?  Your entitlement is off the charts guy.  

No, one study that contradicts what you'll find elsewhere is not enough.  That doesn't mean it is wrong and that it won't cause a rethinking of what was previously determined.  There is also the Rockefeller study that suggest that it could very well be correct.

All that said, it is anything but idiotic to double the protection (even for those in Kentucky) by getting and requiring the vaccine in a healthcare setting.

Those that were vaccinated are more willing to wear a mask than those that are not.

So stop making it political.  During  a national, yet alone worldwide crisis such as a pandemic their are civic duties that are simply imposed upon individuals by the social contract.  But some are instead tearing up their draft cards out of irrational fears and claiming to be the true heroic patriots.   
Yes thank you for staying this.  The biggest Patriots have really shown that their patriotism is false.  

They all think themselves on par with the heroes of D Day when in fact they can’t even bring themselves to get one little shot for the betterment of mankind.  Truly the most selfish of the selfish.  Me me me.  Entitled to their little fantasies.  Everyone else can do the heavy lifting for me!

Yes I read the study.  Did you read the part that said Fully Vaxxed Are 27 Times More Likely To Get COVID Compared To People With Natural Immunity?  That’s not enough for you?  You also want them to get a vaccination on top of that?  How about we also require them to wear a mask?  How about 2 masks?  Pardon me for being blunt but this is where you folks on the Left look like idiots and tyrants.  Not sure how we got to this point but it’s maddening that this is so political, and like I said earlier you look just as ignorant as the anti-vaxers.  I can only conclude that this is not about public safety as much as it is about hatred for those on the other side.
Whoa...  The left looks like idiots for insisting that a single, not yet peer-reviewed study should not be treated as gospel when we have dozens of other studies showing the opposite result?  How do you come to that conclusion, exactly?

Whoa...  The left looks like idiots for insisting that a single, not yet peer-reviewed study should not be treated as gospel when we have dozens of other studies showing the opposite result?  How do you come to that conclusion, exactly?
Show me a study that shows the opposite result - that natural immunity is NOT as effective as vaccinated immunity. 

You say this is the only study and in the next sentence you mention the Rockefeller study that also supports the notion.  So yeah, by my count that's two studies, and I haven't even checked for more.  The Isreali study looked at 32,000 people.  And how does this study contradict anything?  When and where did the scientific community conclude that natural immunity isn't effective?  That's always been the standard line.  And again, I have no dog in this fight.  I'm am hugely pro-vaccine.  I support Biden's positions on this.  Emphatically.

The more I think about this comment, the more ignorant it seems. People can't choose gender or who they sleep with.

So offensive but you be you.

Didn't watch the video but it sounds like the situation was handled poorly.

That said, we're in a friggin' pandemic.  Get the vaccine to protect yourself and slow down the spread.   

"Choose" being the key word.
In fairness, at least part of your comment was poorly worded.  You wrote, "People can't choose gender or who they sleep with."  One can't choose whether to be straight, gay, or bisexual, but one can most definitely choose who one sleeps with.  If straight, I can absolutely choose whether to sleep with Jane or Karen (and vice versa).  If gay, I can choose whether to sleep with John or Chad.

Didn't watch the video but it sounds like the situation was handled poorly.

That said, we're in a friggin' pandemic.  Get the vaccine to protect yourself and slow down the spread.   
to be fair, this is a one-sided and clearly edited video.  We don't know the whole story.  The parts we see show the situation being handled poorly but the tiktoker would not to show the rational bits.

In fairness, at least part of your comment was poorly worded.  You wrote, "People can't choose gender or who they sleep with."  One can't choose whether to be straight, gay, or bisexual, but one can most definitely choose who one sleeps with.  If straight, I can absolutely choose whether to sleep with Jane or Karen (and vice versa).  If gay, I can choose whether to sleep with John or Chad.

Straight people sleep with gay people.

Gay with straight.

Pretty much every night, I'd think.

Not as clear-cut as you're saying.

IMO

:shrug:

If every single eligible person were vaccinated, our lives would be back to 99% of normal. Agree?

No, there are cases of the mu variant in the US.  If we would have done what Sweden did, we would have never left normal and would be in a much better position today.  More mandates isn't the solution.  100% vaccination isn't the solution.  

DDT is a great example

I've spend years litigating the pharmaceutical industry.  Let's just say, I very rarely take medicine for anything.    

No, there are cases of the mu variant in the US.  If we would have done what Sweden did, we would have never left normal and would be in a much better position today.  More mandates isn't the solution.  100% vaccination isn't the solution.  
100% vaccination is absolutely the solution and I can't imagine a rational argument to the contrary. 

And back to the Sweden thing?

Users who are viewing this thread