What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Leshoure not practicing (1 Viewer)

JFS171

Footballguy
After missing the end of the game against the Seahawks, and limping off the field in the third quarter holding his calf, Leshoure now isn't practicing on Wednesday.

Mikel Leshoure (leg) did not practice Wednesday.In the third quarter of last week's win over the Seahawks, we spotted Leshoure limping off the field holding his calf. He never returned. Although tight-lipped coach Jim Schwartz claimed there was no injury, he was clearly hiding the truth once again. We now have to consider Leshoure questionable for Week 9, giving Joique Bell a possible feature back role against the Jaguars.
I bring this up for a couple of reasons:1) I didn't see the game, but holding a calf or back of the leg would be especially concerning to me if I was a Leshoure owner. I don't know if this is the same leg where he previously tore his achilles, but pain resurfacing in his surgically-repaired achilles could easily be interpreted as a calf issue by announcers. Can any Lions fans confirm which leg he was holding/pointing to?2) Lions classified him missing practice with a "leg" issue, and are uber tight-lipped on injuries. Meaning we won't hear anything from them about this.3) I'm interested to see what Joique could do in a feature-back role. Guy led the league in preseason rushing a couple of times (yes, I'm aware it's preseason and mostly meaningless). He's increased his role weekly. He offers some bulk between the tackles with some receiving ability, and a little wiggle and burst (I didn't say a lot). He just strikes me a lot like Pierre Thomas in his versatility, determination, lack of draft pedigree, and practice-squad to Sunday fixture back story. A guy like that, in an offense like Detroit's that seems to be hitting it's stride... yes, please. Especially for free off the wire.Could be a very interesting add... I'd keep an eye on this situation, especailly if the "calf" in question is in the same leg as the repaired achilles.

Well that certainly rebuffs my theory, but Bell could still be a nice bye-week find for some.

And it's not like Leshoure has been dominant enough to not cede more work to Bell should be start and play well against Jacksonville. Look at the Dwyer situation...

Leshoure has looked really good. He went against the Chicago tough run Defense, and looked like a stud. It seems that every match up since his first one has been a tough contest. He has done well to avg between 4.8 and 5 yds per carry over that time. Granted that he is not getting a lot of carries, but I think he would have broken 100 yds in any of the last few matchups given 18-20 carries.

He is catching balls out of the backfield, and I think he is pretty great in PassPro. He is what they want him to be. This thing with him getting dinged could not come at a worse time. I think he would have gotten a pretty good shot at 20 carries in each of the next 2 matchups. His schedule is just now getting ready to soften just a bit.

Oh well, I guess we will see what happens.

To clarify: I was not suggesting Leshoure has been lacking due to any fault of his own. I was simply saying I wouldn't be shocked to see him cede additional work if Bell plays well, making it even more of a committee when both are healthy.

Schwartz saying he was given a personal day off and will practice thursday.
That's good info. Did Schwartz announce this at a press conference today?
Not sure if it was a press conference but it was on multiple sites.
Schwartz said Wednesday Leshoure was given a "personal day" and will return to practice Thursday. He maintains Leshoure is not injured.
Linebacker DeAndre Levy (hamstring), running back Mikel Leshoure (personal reasons), cornerback Bill Bentley (shoulder), safety Amari Spievey (concussion) and defensive linemen Corey Williams (knee) and Cliff Avril also sat out practice today.

LOL I smell BS............
Of course it's BS. Leshoure was running fairly well against a tough Seattle run defense. Picks up 7 yards, gets up with a slight limp, motions to the sideline and never plays again. Meanwhile at that point Bell had 3 carries for 9 yards so the part about Leshoure not being hurt and Bell being the "hot hand" is such complete and utter BS I don't even see how Schwartz has the audacity to say it.As for missing practice this week I have no idea. On one hand I think there is valid reason to be concerned as to why Schwartz so blatantly chose to lie about Leshoures health Sunday. Like as in it could be a serious type injury and they want to gather more test results before being forced to announce crappy news.On the other hand he's not saying he should be back soon, he's saying he should he will be back tomorrow. That kind of definitive timeframe gives me hope the injury he obviously suffered Sunday is minor but this basically means I'm relying on the words of a coach who is utterly filled with BS.

Is there a reason Schwartz continues to do this? Does it really matter if teams prepare for Leshoure or JOIQUE Bell?!

The Lions seem like one of the most predictable teams anyway.

why do people think if Leshoure is out it will be Kevin Smith? when he went out last week Bell came in and Smith has gotten snap counts in the single digits in all the weeks combined since Leshoure came back. Bell is clearly ahead of Smith

According to a a tweet by Joquel Bell... Mikel was at his childs birth... Hence personal day.. I'm not saying he isn't injured, just he was out for today as a personal day..

Joique Bell ‏@JoiqueBell

Congrats to muh boi Mikel on the new baby Boi... He finally made me a Grandad. Look at ur great nephew @kwill35 haha! pic.twitter.com/pYqEGkHr

why do people think if Leshoure is out it will be Kevin Smith? when he went out last week Bell came in and Smith has gotten snap counts in the single digits in all the weeks combined since Leshoure came back. Bell is clearly ahead of Smith
They're trying to justify their 5th round pick :boxing:

Users who are viewing this thread