What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Make fun of your wife's spending habits in here (1 Viewer)

My wife makes a ton of money.  I lucked out on that one.  So I never complain about her spending.  If she ever dumped me I'd have to get a real job.  So she can buy Louis Vuitton purses, David Yurman jewelry, and other crap all she wants.   She just went out and bought a new Ranger Rover without saying a thing  Not a peep from me..

I have found that the more occupied they are, the less time they have to shop.  She works her a$$ off, but the minute things get slow at the office, it's like a kid at Toys R Us.
Just curious - what kind of work does she do?  Any kids?

I can't overly complain, my wife doesn't by big things for herself. But what drives me mad is when she justifies to herself that she had to spend $75 at Kohls just because the $10 coupon was expiring that day. 

I'm  like who cares about the $10, you still lost me $65!! 

Esp with me working in advertising, its funny to see her fall for all the classic advertising pricing tricks they play when we are home.
Yeah, the marketing genius that came up with Kohl's Cash is probably retired on an island with their face on a plaque at Kohl's HQ for "Employee of the Forever".

Woke up this morning around 645am, my son is sleeping next to me and my wife is intently staring at her phone... I wipe my eyes and grab my phone to check emails. 

I have about 34 from American Express alerting me to large purchases and online purchases - now I'm fully awake... I look over at my wife and ask what she is doing.

"I'm cleaning out every store within 50 miles of hatchimal surprises!" She says this happily like she is some sort of genius. 

Me: Huh?

Her: It's the hot toy this year, they were released today, they're already sold out at Toys R Us!!

Me: How much money have you spent? 

Her: I've got about 110 of the hatchimal surprises, some other toys, these finger monkeys

Me: (Interrupting her) ####! Give me a ####### number

Her: About $9k

Me: :doh:

Looks like the FC's are going into the toy business.
I've been sitting in a Target parking lot for the last 30 minutes bc my wife is inside returning about 60 Hatchimals right now, that's all we could fit in the car, still have another 40 or 50 which we'll prob do next weekend.

Luckily the one year old is sleeping in the backseat or I'd really be pissed.

I've been sitting in a Target parking lot for the last 30 minutes bc my wife is inside returning about 60 Hatchimals right now, that's all we could fit in the car, still have another 40 or 50 which we'll prob do next weekend.

:lmao:  ####### hate waiting in the car while she strolls. Half the time I just go in and annoy the #### out of her so she just gets frustrated and wants to leave. 

:wall: so was she able to sell any at all?

We had a come to Jesus talk a few months ago when I found out she had spent about $10K at Ulta, Sephora, Target so far this year.  Partly my fault for not staying on top of this previously.  I made a google spreadsheet to track our spending and income on a monthly basis.  She seems much more invested in keeping the spending down.  She quit online shopping cold turkey once I put real numbers to it.  She gets genuinely excited when the expenses are less than the previous month.
She has a secret credit card you don't know anything about.  HtH.

My wife authorized a $650 A/C repair bill today.  :shrug:  That's all I've got lately.

still have those dumb ### finger monkeys?

I'll take 2

My wife makes a ton of money.  I lucked out on that one.  So I never complain about her spending.  If she ever dumped me I'd have to get a real job.  So she can buy Louis Vuitton purses, David Yurman jewelry, and other crap all she wants.   She just went out and bought a new Ranger Rover without saying a thing  Not a peep from me..

I have found that the more occupied they are, the less time they have to shop.  She works her a$$ off, but the minute things get slow at the office, it's like a kid at Toys R Us.
Just drove up with a new car without talking to you about it?  What in the actual ####?

Apparently we needed to spend damn near $200 on embroidered stocking for Xmas.  It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't already have them from a few years ago, but I guess since we had our 3rd child a few years ago and his didn't match the others we needed new ones

I give up :wall:

• Eyelash threading: about $100 
  • Eyebrow Microblading: initial work $300 and then about $60-100 for "touch ups"
  • Mani/Pedi's: about $100
  • Cross Fit Gym + some personal training: $100-$200  
  • Shoes, purses, random clothes: I don't want to think about it
She is in pharma sales so she definitely earns her keep  

Woke up this morning around 645am, my son is sleeping next to me and my wife is intently staring at her phone... I wipe my eyes and grab my phone to check emails. 

I have about 34 from American Express alerting me to large purchases and online purchases - now I'm fully awake... I look over at my wife and ask what she is doing.

"I'm cleaning out every store within 50 miles of hatchimal surprises!" She says this happily like she is some sort of genius. 

Me: Huh?

Her: It's the hot toy this year, they were released today, they're already sold out at Toys R Us!!

Me: How much money have you spent? 

Her: I've got about 110 of the hatchimal surprises, some other toys, these finger monkeys

Me: (Interrupting her) ####! Give me a ####### number

Her: About $9k

Me: :doh:

Looks like the FC's are going into the toy business.
Time for a new watch? No way can she complain about one after this. 

She was asking about taking a self defense class, pretty sure there will be even more rolling around on the ground. Hoping for the extremely attractive female trainer 

Apparently we needed to spend damn near $200 on embroidered stocking for Xmas.  It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't already have them from a few years ago, but I guess since we had our 3rd child a few years ago and his didn't match the others we needed new ones

I give up :wall:
We should have a contest to see which wife wastes the most during the holiday season... Although, I'll forewarn you guys, you're up against Jordan in like 1992. 

Somehow, I think I lost money buying and returning stuff, she is off to a strong start. This morning she was shopping for like $300 Adidas on Barney's.com, just warming up right now. 

Oh, and if I hear the phrases "it's only" or "we needed" one more ####### time, I'm scared of the domestic violence (joking, but :hot:  )...

In example, wife said she was going to make dinner yesterday - instead of shopping in the Supermarket, she needs to buy at the butcher:

Chicken Parm (Mrs. FC recipe):

• Rigatoni, $9
  • 2 pounds of chicken, $18
  • Sauce, $12
  • Mozz, $12
You guys follow that? Over $50 for homemade Chicken Parm. Could've gone to the supermarket, picked up 1 pound of chicken for $6, rigatoni for $3, sauce for $6, and cheese for $6, or $21 in total. "It's just" an extra $30 - what she clearly doesn't understand after about a decade is that it's just $30, added up over 5k times becomes "it's just" 6 figures. 

"We need" organic vegan granola bars, not like anyone in the house is vegan or cares about organic, but when you can buy 6 of them for about $6, compared to a case of regular granola bars with 24 for $6, one costs 4x as much... But "we need" the organic vegan bars. 

Just two examples from recent days.

:rant:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and if I hear the phrases "it's only" or "we needed" one more ####### time, I'm scared of the domestic violence (joking, but :hot:  )...

In example, wife said she was going to make dinner yesterday - instead of shopping in the Supermarket, she needs to buy at the butcher:

Chicken Parm (Mrs. FC recipe):

• Rigatoni, $9
  • 2 pounds of chicken, $18
  • Sauce, $12
  • Mozz, $12
You guys follow that? Over $50 for homemade Chicken Parm. Could've gone to the supermarket, picked up 1 pound of chicken for $6, rigatoni for $3, sauce for $6, and cheese for $6, or $21 in total. "It's just" an extra $30 - what she clearly doesn't understand after about a decade is that it's just $30, added up over 5k times becomes "it's just" 6 figures. 

"We need" organic vegan granola bars, not like anyone in the house is vegan or cares about organic, but when you can buy 6 of them for about $6, compared to a case of regular granola bars with 24 for $6, one costs 4x as much... But "we need" the organic vegan bars. 

You seem disgruntled.  Don't you  make huge bank?

Making $$$$ <> Wasting $$$$

It doesn't come easy and I live in possibly the very most expensive neighborhood in America to raise kids - I'd prefer to not set it on fire.
Eh, an extra $20 on good ingredients doesn't sound bad to me.  At least she's cooking for you.  What would that meal have cost if you took the family out to eat?  $200?

I'd argue she's being frugal! 

Eh, an extra $20 on good ingredients doesn't sound bad to me.  At least she's cooking for you.  What would that meal have cost if you took the family out to eat?  $200?

I'd argue she's being frugal! 
I could've made that meal for $21 with little difference in taste, $30 less than what she did. This is occurs multiple times a day. You sound like her - you add this stuff up over a year, you're talking $15-$20k, over a decade 6 figures.

FC is right.  My wife is a terribly inefficient grocery shopper.  I probably do 90% of the grocery shopping just because she's so bad at it
It adds up, it really does... My wife spends $250 in the supermarket and two days later she is in the butcher, the next day ordering food on Seamless, etc. 

This is brilliant, I'm taking over this task... I'll take my 4 year old over the weekends, he'll love it - should save me $5-$7k a year right off the bat. 

I just have to laugh at some of the numbers thrown around in this thread. Some of you fellers live in a world that I just don't understand.

9K for a Christmas toy fad? That's way more than my grocery bill for a year feeding 3 kids.  :lol:

Saturday my daughter had some friends in from out of town and she asks my wife and I to meet them for brunch in Downtown Detroit. There were a total of 7 of us.  The Bloody Marys  were flowing, along with apps and beers and whatever.  The bill comes and with tip it was $300.00...my wife right away says "we got this" 

Next day we are shopping at Kroger and it took my wife 10 minutes to decide on what yogurt to buy for the week...ended up with Yoplait over Chobani because it was 10 cents cheaper per until.  Saved 60 cents in total. Then she bought the Kroger brand OJ instead of Minute Maid or Tropicana because it was 25 cents cheaper.  I said you just pissed away $300.00 on bloody marys and beer yesterday and you are worried about saving a quarter on a half gallon of OJ??

Saturday my daughter had some friends in from out of town and she asks my wife and I to meet them for brunch in Downtown Detroit. There were a total of 7 of us.  The Bloody Marys  were flowing, along with apps and beers and whatever.  The bill comes and with tip it was $300.00...my wife right away says "we got this" 

Next day we are shopping at Kroger and it took my wife 10 minutes to decide on what yogurt to buy for the week...ended up with Yoplait over Chobani because it was 10 cents cheaper per until.  Saved 60 cents in total. Then she bought the Kroger brand OJ instead of Minute Maid or Tropicana because it was 25 cents cheaper.  I said you just pissed away $300.00 on bloody marys and beer yesterday and you are worried about saving a quarter on a half gallon of OJ??
Actually that sounds exactly like my spending habits :bag:

I'm looking forward to next month when Hatchimal mania is sweeping the country, and every single store is sold out.....except for the Target near Fantasycurse's house.
The new Hatchimals are here...and they're selling out fast

The company is taking its popular toy one step further with the release of Hatchimals Surprise, which features twins. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, one egg + two Hatchimals = your kid's dreams come true. That is, if you can get your hands on any of them. 
:lmao:

For some strange reason my wife has started to buy Gluten Free crap.  She has one friend who really is gluten intolerant and a bunch of other health crap.   But no one in our house have any of those issues.  So she bought GF tortillas to start making wraps instead of sandwiches, some frozen GF pizza, GF waffles.....   Each thing will have one piece taken out, then never touched again.

Over the weekend I took the kids out grocery shopping and we bought some frozen waffles since they were on sale for $1 and had the "good" flavors like, chocolate chip, blueberry....   In 2 days my 3 girls ate all 4 boxes between breakfast and snacks.  Wife ran out a different store yesterday to pick up a prescription and I noticed another 6 boxes of waffles in the freezer.  Asked her how much they were. "Something like $2.50 each, but I saw the girls liked them so I got more."   Yeah, the girls also like the plain ones if that is all we have, or you could have gone an extra block to the store were they were on sale.

My wife is probably on the DancingWithTheStars.com forum complaining about my spending. She never buys clothes, jewelry, bags, shoes, anything like that. She will spend $150 on a salon treatment once every three months, and another $150 on eyelashes every three months. We do have a 9 month old so the Target trips are adding up, but it's mostly stuff we need and nothing big. She also makes triple what I do.

Meanwhile I'm the one who comes home from Costco with the $300 Vitamix blender, and dropping a few grand in Vegas from an account she doesn't know about. 

My wife is probably on the DancingWithTheStars.com forum complaining about my spending. She never buys clothes, jewelry, bags, shoes, anything like that. She will spend $150 on a salon treatment once every three months, and another $150 on eyelashes every three months. We do have a 9 month old so the Target trips are adding up, but it's mostly stuff we need and nothing big. She also makes triple what I do.

Meanwhile I'm the one who comes home from Costco with the $300 Vitamix blender, and dropping a few grand in Vegas from an account she doesn't know about. 
Do me a favor Mister Financially Responsible Wife guy, take your responsible wife spending habits and share it with those that give a ####. This thread is strictly for those of us married to the equivalent of Hurricane Katrina with an Amex.

fantasycurse42 said:
Do me a favor Mister Financially Responsible Wife guy, take your responsible wife spending habits and share it with those that give a ####. This thread is strictly for those of us married to the equivalent of Hurricane Katrina with an Amex.
:lmao:  of course, while catching up on this thread I got a text saying we have baby pictures scheduled for 11/25 with a photographer friend who can give us a "deal" at $445

My wife has about 2 billion pairs of those stupid Lularue leggings. I've been selling them on ebay, have unloaded 8 so far. She hasn't noticed, but she's also buying them faster than I can get rid of them.  :wall:
Don't really complain when my wife wears leggings or yoga pants. The more, the merrier.

Don't really complain when my wife wears leggings or yoga pants. The more, the merrier.
Lularoe aren't quite the same as yoga pants.  

My wife has some of the leggins, which I could take or leave.  However, she loves the "dresses" and "shirt/dresses" that a long, flowy, and not what I would consider flattering.  I started calling them "moomoolaroe" and she has stopped proudly showing me hew new purchases.

Wife went to Costco yesterday, which I don't think she has ever done without me... She asked for the Costco card before I left for work and I was scared about what was going to happen and what I was going to come home to after work.

Would I come home to enough stuff to support a family of 47 for 12 years & how much useless garbage would be purchased bc "it was a good deal?"

Turns out, they don't accept Amex and she had no other method of payment :pickle:

She had to leave her "gigantic cart loaded to the brim" there and leave, she was unhappy, can't say my feelings echo hers. 

• Eyelash threading: about $100 
  • Eyebrow Microblading: initial work $300 $700 and then about $60-100  $300 for "touch ups"
  • Mani/Pedi's: about $100
  • Cross Fit Gym + some personal training: $100-$200  
  • Shoes, purses, random clothes: I don't want to think about it
She is in pharma sales so she definitely earns her keep  
Was corrected on this last night. Claims she never said touch ups were "that cheap".

:lmao:  of course, while catching up on this thread I got a text saying we have baby pictures scheduled for 11/25 with a photographer friend who can give us a "deal" at $445

:lmao:   We used to have a friend of my SIL take our family pictures, two years ago my wife said that one of her friends was trying to start up a photography company and needed to photograph some families to include in her website.  My wife "offered to help her" which I interpreted as we get free pictures, she gets some pictures to put on website to help get more business.  We went and took the pictures, at the end my wife pulls out a check and asks her who to make it out to.  Instead of calling the SILs friend and getting them for $100, we did her friend a favor and only had to pay $200 for it.   :wall:

Luckily this year we just had my sister take some pictures in the backyard for free, so it all kind of balances out.

Was corrected on this last night. Claims she never said touch ups were "that cheap".
A grand on eyebrows? How often is that cycle?

My wife is great except for baby stuff. I don't know how much better an $800 stroller is than a $200 stroller, but there's apparently a big difference.
We have numerous outfits for babies with tags that will never be worn, but can't be returned because they are "too cute."

So last night my wife decides that this year, her family gift will be puffy jackets. At a glance they range from $60-$200 each.
There are 8 adults in the family, everyone lives in California, we don't ski, and none of us are east coast rappers. WTF are we going to do with puffy jackets?
I need to talk her down, otherwise someone will have to talk ME down from a ledge.

So last night my wife decides that this year, her family gift will be puffy jackets. At a glance they range from $60-$200 each.
There are 8 adults in the family, everyone lives in California, we don't ski, and none of us are east coast rappers. WTF are we going to do with puffy jackets?
I need to talk her down, otherwise someone will have to talk ME down from a ledge.
Like this?

Users who are viewing this thread