What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McAllister's recovery ahead of schedule. (1 Viewer)

Family Matters

Footballguy
I haven't read much about Duece's recovery so it's nice to see this:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...m?mode=nfcsouth

We hear that RB Deuce McAllister’s recovery from a torn anterior cruciate ligament is going better than expected. McAllister, who suffered a clean tear of his ACL in October, is a couple of weeks ahead of schedule in the healing process, and he’s already jogging. We’re told McAllister won’t make any football-type running moves until April, but that he should be back at full strength when training camp begins in August. When McAllister comes back to the playing field, don’t expect him to return to his 30-carries-per-game role. Instead, we hear the Saints are likely to try to get shiftier backup RB Aaron Stecker more involved in the offense. Stecker performed well while sharing carries with power back Antowain Smith after McAllister’s injury. The goal in 2006 will be to get the bulldozing McAllister 20-25 carries per game and another 10 touches for Stecker.
As for the but....the first year back is usually not that great for fantasy owners. Granted he got injured early and while that may help him in his turnaround time I still do not see him doing better than top 15-20 this year. I can see a slow start and then a faster finish. If that happens then look for trade opportunities mid-season and perhaps make a nice trade to lead your team to the playoffs. There may be a few disgruntled owners come October and you might get him cheap.

a slow start because of injury is reasonable and expected. even more likely is that he'll have a slow start because of the new offense. A new QB, maybe even a rookie, will make it easy for defenses to key on shutting him down and forcing the Saints to beat them through the air. Uncertainty along the O-line won't help any either.

mid to late season he may be effective though.

a slow start because of injury is reasonable and expected. even more likely is that he'll have a slow start because of the new offense. A new QB, maybe even a rookie, will make it easy for defenses to key on shutting him down and forcing the Saints to beat them through the air. Uncertainty along the O-line won't help any either.

mid to late season he may be effective though.
:goodposting:

The goal in 2006 will be to get the bulldozing McAllister 20-25 carries per game
I hate when coaches/writers say this. The goal is for McAllister to get 360 carries? Coming back from an ACL tear?

How effective will Deuce be without Bentley opening holes for him? He could be 100% healthy and recovered, but if the oline can't protect/open holes, then Deuce is still a risky play. :unsure:

How effective will Deuce be without Bentley opening holes for him? He could be 100% healthy and recovered, but if the oline can't protect/open holes, then Deuce is still a risky play. :unsure:
OK, how bout moving Duece to MIN for Culpepper?? Two guys with question marks surrounding their future health.

How effective will Deuce be without Bentley opening holes for him?  He could be 100% healthy and recovered, but if the oline can't protect/open holes, then Deuce is still a risky play.  :unsure:
OK, how bout moving Duece to MIN for Culpepper?? Two guys with question marks surrounding their future health.
As long as the Saints want to take an 8 figure cap hit, sure.

as someone else posted in another thread - what football player isn't ahead of schedule in recovery this time of year?

Deuce could be a value pick if people keep skipping him b/c of injuries the last two yrs.
He could also be a bust pick if people take him thinking he's a value pick because people kept skipping him because of his injuries, and then he gets injured or underachieves.Lots of people thought Jamal Lewis would be a good value pick last year, since people would be scared away by his lack of an offseason. Turns out, there was a reason why those people were scared away in the first place.

Same deal with TO. I grabbed him in the third round and thought I had gotten a steal, going RB-RB and still landing a top 3 WR. And for the first half of the season, it looked like I was right. We all know how that turned out.

Usually, when someone falls, there's a reason for it. Now, you can gamble on him, and sometimes you'll win big (Tiki Barber is like the lottery ticket that keeps on winning, for instance)... but never lose sight of the fact that it *is* a gamble.

Users who are viewing this thread