What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Media Criticism (1 Viewer)

A huge breaking news story about Trump claiming that his home is raided by the FBI. Fox is covering Pelosi.
This is the America democrats want.
If you don't bend the knee to the left, they will get the gubmint to make you do it. Remember when everyone thought Trump was turning the USA into dictatorship? :lol:

Yeah, me too.
Well it was different under Trump. He didn't have the propaganda front to make the simps agree.

Dear god NPR. Just trash.
state run media.

It is hardly news.
Every story reported is carefully selected to show white man evil. Occasionally they jump the gun before they have the facts and one slips through the cracks. I have not heard of an Asian victim for a year once it became painfully obvious it was blacks doing the majority of those crimes. The masses are being manipulated by highly selective and spun reporting. I am not sure how an intelligent person does not see that.

state run media.

It is hardly news.
Every story reported is carefully selected to show white man evil. Occasionally they jump the gun before they have the facts and one slips through the cracks. I have not heard of an Asian victim for a year once it became painfully obvious it was blacks doing the majority of those crimes. The masses are being manipulated by highly selective and spun reporting. I am not sure how an intelligent person does not see that.
Of the 22 stories on the front page of their news, only the look back at Charlottesville (18th story down) remotely falls within your description. Apparently NPR is doing this whole witchhunt thing wrong.

state run media.

It is hardly news.
Of the 22 stories on the front page of their news, only the look back at Charlottesville (18th story down) remotely falls within your description. Apparently NPR is doing this whole witchhunt thing wrong.
without looking where does the Wisconsin kid fit?

state run media.

It is hardly news.
without looking where does the Wisconsin kid fit?
Which Wisconsin kid?

Didn’t know whether to post this here or in the Fauci thread

Fox News host Lara Logan compares Fauci to Josef Mengele

Just an absurdly terrible and offensive take.
Newsmax bans and condemns Lara Logan after she goes on bizarre Q-ish rant with references to non-Republicans who want to dine on the blood of children

Logan was once a darling of conservatives, but wow that's a pretty big fall when Newsmax drops you.
Where are the usual suspects pounding the podium that "free speech" is being squashed? Never thought I'd see the day that Newsmax was part of the "leftist" movement. World changes fast I guess...pay attention or you might miss something!!!

Gallup survey:

There are several notable findings in the degrees of trust registered by partisans:
  • For the third straight year, the majority of Republicans indicate that they have no trust at all in the media. This figure jumped 10 percentage points in 2020 and has been at or near 60% since then. This year, 57% say they do not have any confidence, while 29% say they do not have very much.
  • At 27%, independents' confidence is at the lowest point in the trend. This is also the first time that it has fallen below 30%. Meanwhile, 41% of independents say they have no trust at all and 32% do not have very much.
  • While the great deal/fair amount of confidence reading among Democrats has never fallen below the majority level, the proportion with a great deal of trust has not topped 26%, and it is currently well below that at 18%.

Where are the usual suspects pounding the podium that "free speech" is being squashed? Never thought I'd see the day that Newsmax was part of the "leftist" movement. World changes fast I guess...pay attention or you might miss something!!!
Sometimes you try so hard to make gotchas you get all sorts of turned around. Had they not severed ties with her you would have come in here and said something "omg look at the usual suspects not complaining about a journalist being biased"

Omg omg, something something post emoji.

I mean who has ever advocated that a news channel should let anybody come on the air and say whatever they want? By trying to make a gotcha here that is the exact position you are taking. Which is, of course, a really dumb position.

Sometimes you try so hard to make gotchas you get all sorts of turned around. Had they not severed ties with her you would have come in here and said something "omg look at the usual suspects not complaining about a journalist being biased"

Omg omg, something something post emoji.

I mean who has ever advocated that a news channel should let anybody come on the air and say whatever they want? By trying to make a gotcha here that is the exact position you are taking. Which is, of course, a really dumb position.
Yeah, these aren't MY gotchas. It's simply applying the inane talking points I hear around this place about the US news media equally in all cases instead of the lopsided manner a great many choose. You'll get no argument from me that it's a stupid position, but it isn't mine. What I posted above is exactly what we should see from those making the arguments in the first place if they are being sincere in their arguments about "leftists" and "leftist organizations". Those are the definitions THEY have established.

To the bold, my personal comments are and will always be something along the lines of "I have no idea why ANY of you put ANY meaningful importance on the 'news media' in this country. It's virtually worthless and only throws out there what they think you'll click on to farm your attention". That's MY ACTUAL view of the media in this country, but I've said that a billion times around here. I'm sure you've heard it from me a dozen times or so. I'll also add, I don't buy the narrative that there is some big boogeyman conspiracy theory out there where large portions of the country are being "silenced". In my view, what we see today is people's ideas being rejected in the marketplace of ideas because their ideas are crap. I think that happens in "liberal" arenas as well as "conservative" ones like the one brought up here with Newsmax. Of course, those who can't handle that sort of rejection do whatever it is necessary to make themselves feel better and avoid personal reflection on the ideas. That includes projecting nonsensical conspiracy theories and/or dragging others to their level.

Last edited:
Media has every right to be criticized and they are filtering what is being swwn and heard by the American people. Follow the Missouri vs Biden federal lawsuit and you will see how the govt is suppressing what Americans are allowed to see and read.

Missour vs Biden

Media has every right to be criticized and they are filtering what is being swwn and heard by the American people. Follow the Missouri vs Biden federal lawsuit and you will see how the govt is suppressing what Americans are allowed to see and read.

Missour vs Biden
There is ZERO doubt that they were in cahoots. ZERO. Not even debatable at this point. If anything, The Hunter Biden laptop story should put ANY questions to rest now and in the future.

Why did Biden want to appoint a FCC director who did not like Fox Broadcasting and publicly tweeted yeara ago she would like to see Fox lose its broadcasting license so Fox News could go dark.

My guess is many of those who've been trained to demonize the media and are disgusted by its bias are the same people who tune in to huff Tucker Carlson each night.

"The media is biased garbage!!! Honey, Fox, Newsmax, or OANN tonight?"

My guess is many of those who've been trained to demonize the media and are disgusted by its bias are the same people who tune in to huff Tucker Carlson each night.

I think the media is extremely biased. I also hate, and I mean hate, all the opinion based commentators on 24 hour news channels. I think they are one of, if not the largest cause of division in this country. Pure garbage TV that millions of people don't realize it's not news but opinion.

I think the media is extremely biased.
Right, but my point is that many who vilify the media are really only talking about the media that doesn't agree with their own bias. They'll happily trust and consume stuff that gives them the worldview they want to hear.

Traditional media is liberally biased and getting worse by the day. Unfortunately, the conservative answer was to go even further in the opposite direction.

The left doesn’t demonize the media like the right (maybe a little different). Would it be fair to categorize the people who are offended by Carlson and others as Maddow or Anderson Cooper watchers?

The left doesn’t demonize the media like the right (maybe a little different). Would it be fair to categorize the people who are offended by Carlson and others as Maddow or Anderson Cooper watchers?
There's a difference between being offended and complaining about bias. I'm offended by Carlson because he's a vile human being, not because of his conservative bias.

Putting that aside, there are plenty of people who complain that Fox is a partisan cesspool while pretending they're getting a somewhat unbiased worldview when watching MSNBC. Would you agree that for many, complaints about the media aren't about media bias in general, but are aimed at media that doesn't sync with their own bias? And yes, I realize it works in both directions.

There's a difference between being offended and complaining about bias. I'm offended by Carlson because he's a vile human being, not because of his conservative bias.

Putting that aside, there are plenty of people who complain that Fox is a partisan cesspool while pretending they're getting a somewhat unbiased worldview when watching MSNBC. Would you agree that for many, complaints about the media aren't about media bias in general, but are aimed at media that doesn't sync with their own bias? And yes, I realize it works in both directions.
Offended because the news isn’t reported that the biased viewer wants it. I do agree with you.

All 90 million of us that think the media is garbage? We all huff Tucker? Jesus Christ man.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/403166/americans-trust-media-remains-near-record-low.aspx
Yeah...all 90 million, Phil. You all huff Tucker. That's exactly what I said.

Really wish some of you would bother to read what's written. Much more easy and fun to pull the itchy trigger fingers on strawmen, I guess.

All 90 million of us that think the media is garbage? We all huff Tucker? Jesus Christ man.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/403166/americans-trust-media-remains-near-record-low.aspx
Pretty interesting link. A big factor in journalism is the snippets and less of a need for investigative reporting. We can thank USA Today for that.

Really wish some of you would bother to read what's written. Much more easy and fun to pull the itchy trigger fingers on strawmen, I guess.
38% of Americans stated they have no trust in the media. That’s 125 million Americans.

Explain to me what this means - “My guess is many of those who've been trained to demonize the media and are disgusted by its bias are the same people who tune in to huff Tucker Carlson each night.”

38% of Americans stated they have no trust in the media. That’s 125 million Americans.

Explain to me what this means - “My guess is many of those who've been trained to demonize the media and are disgusted by its bias are the same people who tune in to huff Tucker Carlson each night.”

Seems pretty clear to me. My back and forth with FW may help explain things a bit.

Newsweek fact check indicates that Ted Cruz' claim that Antifa burned down cities for a year is false.
Newsweek essentially claims that Antifa didn't burn down cities in 2020, because not all cities burned down and Antifa doesn't exist.

Headline from Newsweek: April 2021: "Antifa Activists Vow to Keep Fighting—Even as 'Terrorists'"

October 2022: Antifa doesn't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread