What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Miami at Carolina (4 Viewers)

Overcame a 25 point deficit on MNF behind Funchess and Parker. Finally took the the lead with 5:56 left.

Had a 70% probability of winning. The lead lasted four plays until Jarvis Landry (Opp) caught the TD with 4:!3 left.

Now have an 18% chance of winning.

:lmao:

No. In fact I have no idea what you are trying to get at, or why you would isolate one side of this equation when the question was a comparative one. Just choose a number on the Smug-O-Meter for each side, will ya?
I'd like to know how Cam celebrating a touchdown is him being smug.

I'd like to know how Cam celebrating a touchdown is him being smug.
OK, I'll bite since you are curiously itching for a debate.

It's not that he just celebrates. He seeks out the camera, he carries on for about 20 seconds longer than most QBs do celebrating. 

That's my opinion.

A question back to you: are you seriously unaware that Cam has a reputation of being a little smug? 

OK, I'll bite since you are curiously itching for a debate.

It's not that he just celebrates. He seeks out the camera, he carries on for about 20 seconds longer than most QBs do celebrating. 

That's my opinion.

A question back to you: are you seriously unaware that Cam has a reputation of being a little smug? 
I'm not curious for a debate and certainly not "itching" for one, but I do tire of the Cam bashing over everything he does. Anyone that says he can act childish in interviews after a loss has a legitimate gripe. However, Cam having fun on the field and celebrating his or any of his teammates touchdowns is him having fun. 

Looking smug is just Newton's natural disposition when things are going well, just like looking like a pouty 2-year old is when things are not going well.  He rubs a lot of people the wrong way for a reason. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not curious for a debate and certainly not "itching" for one, but I do tire of the Cam bashing over everything he does. Anyone that says he can act childish in interviews after a loss has a legitimate gripe. However, Cam having fun on the field and celebrating his or any of his teammates touchdowns is him having fun. 
We can agree to disagree on this point. All for having people having fun celebrating with teammates, part of the fun of football.

To me,Cam seems to seek out the attention and draw it to himself more than his teammates in this regard. Maybe it's the way he smirks, maybe the camera tends to follow him more than others.  Just calling it like I see it.

Looking smug is just Newton's natural disposition when things are going well, just like looking like a pouty 2-year old is when things are not going well.  He rubs a lot of people the wrong way for a reason. 
Unless you're an Auburn or Panthers fan, there's no reason to like the guy.  And liking him for those reasons is just blind allegiance.

Unless you're an Auburn or Panthers fan, there's no reason to like the guy.  And liking him for those reasons is just blind allegiance.
I've tried to like him. He just makes it impossible.

WAY too cocky. Attention seeking whore. He's "in your face" cocky, selfish, conceded. Way over the top. There is not one ounce of humble.

I don't mind the pouting after a loss. I prefer that side of him.

Wow. Thanks for the comeback win Cam and Stills ! 
I came back from down 26 with Parker & Funchess. Took the lead with 5:56 remaining as Parker had 3 catches on the final drive.

Was going against the Carolina DST and Landry. My lead last 4 plays, the Landry TD ended the scoring.

:sadbanana:

:kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread