What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Robinson RB-SF (2 TDs this week) - What's your call? (1 Viewer)

3 consecutive games with a fumble.... I look to see someone else get the touches at the goal line, but Gore will remain the guy barring injury.

- It would have been nice if SF did more pass attempts down there as well. If Davis is out grab E Johnson!

Frank Gore-RB- 49ers Sep. 25 - 12:30 am et

Scout.com reports that Frank Gore has a "good chance" to be ready for Week 4.

It's possible Gore could lose some goal-line work, but we'll believe it when we see it. If Gore can be close to 100% for next week, perhaps the minor injury did him a favor. He already had 22 touches on the day and is up to 75 on the season and doesn't want to get ahead of that pace.

Source: Scout.com

Encouraging news. Agree with Otis that Gore needs to be wearing a no-contact jersey all week working solely on ball-handling skills the entire week...

Gore has a history of being brittle. this may be just the first ***** in the armour.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an empty roster spot now that I can drop Miami defense (had SD on the bye and normally wouldn't carry 2 DEF but they've been dominant).So I'm leaning towards Michael Robinson, at least until we see how Gore turns out with the injury. The flexibility at WR/RB helps in a pinch too especially if he WERE to become the starter.I just have to hope he's still on the wire in 2 hours when my player unlocks :) (If he's gone, I'll probably gamble on Gado or Benson who were both dropped)
Umm, OK? :shrug: :coffee:
This board needs a :nobodycaresaboutyourteam: icon.

I have an empty roster spot now that I can drop Miami defense (had SD on the bye and normally wouldn't carry 2 DEF but they've been dominant).So I'm leaning towards Michael Robinson, at least until we see how Gore turns out with the injury. The flexibility at WR/RB helps in a pinch too especially if he WERE to become the starter.I just have to hope he's still on the wire in 2 hours when my player unlocks :) (If he's gone, I'll probably gamble on Gado or Benson who were both dropped)
Sorry if my team details got in the way, because that wasn't my point. I was trying to suggest that 1) I like the flexibility of the WR/RB for a guy who could end up a starting RB, 2) until we know more about Gore's injury he is worth stashing, and 3) I'm trying to stash him in every league I can.

FYI, Nolan is worried about Gore's fumbleitis at the goal line now:

Coach Mike Nolan said Frank Gore will be questionable for Week 4.

He strained his abdomen. Gore could lose some short-yardage carries to Michael Robinson if he returns. "It concerns me," Nolan said. "The second two happened the same way. He hits the pile and gets the ball knocked out."

rotoworld.
If Gore is questionable, and if Robinson ends up getting the start next week and does well (admittedly a lot of "IF"s), he could take over and not look back.
Let's not get overexcited. Gore has played very well. Robinson would have to play even better and improve as a pass blocker to take Gore's job. Yes, there's always a possibility this could happen, but be realistic. It's one game quarter, mostly in garbage time.
Fixed.

Encouraging news. Agree with Otis that Gore needs to be wearing a no-contact jersey all week working solely on ball-handling skills the entire week...
Seriously. The kid is an animal running with the ball, a great receiver, and he has been extremely effective in the offense. He should do nothing, and I mean nothing, this week, other than (1) to work on holding onto the ball and (2) particularly in goal line situations. I'd have him on the phone with Tiki Barber and everyone else I could possibly think of to get this problem resolved. I don't see a single flaw in his game otherwise, and he and Smith have combined to form a very potent offense. I would not want to screw that up with costly turnovers.The shame of it all is that, on the play where Gore took them from about the 10 to the 1, just before that goal line stand, he had an awesome run and I really thought he was going to punch it in here. He was barely a yard short. If he punches it in there, we aren't having any of these conversations today.

Oh well, :ptts:

Seriously. The kid is an animal running with the ball, a great receiver, and he has been extremely effective in the offense. He should do nothing, and I mean nothing, this week, other than (1) to work on holding onto the ball and (2) particularly in goal line situations. I'd have him on the phone with Tiki Barber and everyone else I could possibly think of to get this problem resolved. I don't see a single flaw in his game otherwise, and he and Smith have combined to form a very potent offense. I would not want to screw that up with costly turnovers.The shame of it all is that, on the play where Gore took them from about the 10 to the 1, just before that goal line stand, he had an awesome run and I really thought he was going to punch it in here. He was barely a yard short. If he punches it in there, we aren't having any of these conversations today.

And if a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his ### hopping. The fact is he didn't punch it in. 1-1-PHI1 (7:43) F.Gore left guard to PHI 1 for no gain (J.Trotter; B.Dawkins).

2-1-PHI1 (7:00) F.Gore right end to PHI 1 for no gain (J.Trotter; S.Barber).

3-1-PHI1 (6:18) F.Gore up the middle to PHI 2 for -1 yards (B.Dawkins). FUMBLES (B.Dawkins), RECOVERED by PHI-M.Patterson at PHI 2. M.Patterson for 98 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Next Drive:

1-1-PHI1 (4:54) A.Smith up the middle to PHI 1 for no gain (L.Ramsey).

2-1-PHI1 (4:11) A.Smith pass incomplete short right to M.Robinson.

3-1-PHI1 (4:04) M.Robinson left guard for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

Next Drive:

2-2-PHI20 :-)30) M.Robinson up the middle to PHI 7 for 13 yards (Q.Mikell).

1-7-PHI7 :-)05) A.Smith pass short right to E.Johnson to PHI 1 for 6 yards (J.Trotter). Caught at SF 7.

Fourth Quarter

San Francisco 49ers continued...

2-1-PHI1 (15:00) M.Robinson up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

"If he punched it in" is as useless an arguement as "If you take away his 2 long runs..."

And if a frog had wings he wouldnt bump his ### hopping. The fact is he didn't punch it in. 1-1-PHI1 (7:43) F.Gore left guard to PHI 1 for no gain (J.Trotter; B.Dawkins).

3-1-PHI1 (6:18) F.Gore up the middle to PHI 2 for -1 yards (B.Dawkins). FUMBLES (B.Dawkins), RECOVERED by PHI-M.Patterson at PHI 2. M.Patterson for 98 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Next Drive:

Next Drive:

1-7-PHI7 :-)05) A.Smith pass short right to E.Johnson to PHI 1 for 6 yards (J.Trotter). Caught at SF 7.

Fourth Quarter

"If he punched it in" is as useless an arguement as "If you take away his 2 long runs..."
:confused: What is your point? You're the only one here arguing.Are you saying that Michael Robinson is now the starter over Gore?

Next Drive:

Next Drive:

Fourth Quarter

:confused: What is your point? You're the only one here arguing.Are you saying that Michael Robinson is now the starter over Gore?
IMO Gore just lost his goal line touches. And that drops him to FWP's level.

Next Drive:

Next Drive:

Fourth Quarter

Nope, I am saying we will see Robinson on the goal line and possibly in to spell gore more often.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here's the latest from Rotoworld -

Scout.com reports that Frank Gore has a "good chance" to be ready for Week 4.

It's possible Gore could lose some goal-line work, but we'll believe it when we see it. If Gore can be close to 100% for next week, perhaps the minor injury did him a favor. He already had 22 touches on the day and is up to 75 on the season and doesn't want to get ahead of that pace. Sep. 25 - 12:30 am et

Source: Scout.com

Next Drive:

Next Drive:

Fourth Quarter

Nope, I am saying we will see Robinson on the goal line and possibly in to spell gore more often.
I didn't suggest otherwise, so, again, I'm not sure who you are "arguing" with.1. I was the first person, a week ago, to suggest on these boards that the fumbling is a serious concern.

2. I was only suggesting that, if I were his coach, I would make the kid spend an entire week on holding the ball. Period.

So, again, who are you arguing with? :confused:

Not sure I agree with Gore losing goal line carries. He's done pretty well in short yardage situations, at least previous to the third quarter yesterday.

Next Drive:

Next Drive:

Fourth Quarter

:confused: You mean the guy who just scored 2 goal line TDs (one from the 1 and one from the 3) yesterday against the Bengals? You may want to pay attention before posting again.

:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting:

Next Drive:

Next Drive:

Fourth Quarter

:confused: You mean the guy who just scored 2 goal line TDs (one from the 1 and one from the 3) yesterday against the Bengals? You may want to pay attention before posting again.
I know exactly what FWP stats were as I he is my #2 in several leagues. I didn't say FWP parker didn't have the goal line touches. I simply said they are the same level fantasy wise. Before the game Gore was considered by many to be top 10 RB, now he is more like top 15 where FWP is. You may want to get a clue before making an ### out of yourself again.

rascal said:
stbugs said:
rascal said:
Otis said:
j3r3m3y said:
Otis said:

Next Drive:

Next Drive:

Fourth Quarter

I know exactly what FWP stats were as I he is my #2 in several leagues. I didn't say FWP parker didn't have the goal line touches. I simply said they are the same level fantasy wise. Before the game Gore was considered by many to be top 10 RB, now he is more like top 15 where FWP is. You may want to get a clue before making an ### out of yourself again.
Nah, you are just digging yourself deeper now. FWP is the #9 RB in my league which is PPR and when I just looked he is #5 in FBG's scoring and that is pretty much because of his goal line opps. Parker was the #15 ranked RB in FBG's scoring in 2005 and that was without goal line opps. He was considered top 15 without knowing he would get the goal line TDs. You have to be fooling yourself thinking that he is top 15 now that he is getting the goal line TDs.It's OK though, I think I understand what you were trying to say, but now I know I disagree with it.

1 Westbrook, Brian PHI RB -- 70

2 Gore, Frank SFO RB -- 50.1

3 Johnson, Rudi CIN RB -- 48.8

4 Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB -- 45.1

5 Parker, Willie PIT RB -- 42

6 Taylor, Chester MIN RB -- 40.8

7 Brown, Ronnie MIA RB -- 40.4

8 James, Edgerrin ARI RB -- 40.2

9 Portis, Clinton WAS RB -- 39.4

10 Jackson, Steven STL RB -- 38.5

Gore's been the #2 back through three weeks. A couple garbage time TDs from his backup isn't going to change it. Though the fumbling does need to stop.

And even if Robinson vultured a couple TDs..."dropping to FWP's level" doesn't look too bad to me.

1 Westbrook, Brian PHI RB -- 702 Gore, Frank SFO RB -- 50.13 Johnson, Rudi CIN RB -- 48.84 Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB -- 45.15 Parker, Willie PIT RB -- 426 Taylor, Chester MIN RB -- 40.87 Brown, Ronnie MIA RB -- 40.48 James, Edgerrin ARI RB -- 40.29 Portis, Clinton WAS RB -- 39.410 Jackson, Steven STL RB -- 38.5Gore's been the #2 back through three weeks. A couple garbage time TDs from his backup isn't going to change it. Though the fumbling does need to stop.And even if Robinson vultured a couple TDs..."dropping to FWP's level" doesn't look too bad to me.
:goodposting: He's #2 or #3 RB in all of my leagues depending on scoring format.

Mike Robinson is a rookie. Most rookies struggle with pass protection. In anyones opinion, once Robinson improves on that, will he start stealing time away from Gore? Is he that talented?

Fine you guys think I'm an idiot. Move on.
Nah, don't think that either. Actually, I really did think you didn't realize that Parker was getting goal line TDs. It is a forum, people, like me, always throw in a bit a sarcasm. Don't worry about it, it isn't personal. I am just happy with Parker and if he gets 10 TDs this year, which should be a lock if he continues to get the goal line touches since Pitts schedule gets easier and Big Ben should improve, then he should easily be a top 10 RB. He won't challenge LT and maybe LJ for the top spot, but he will be in that gaggle of 5-10 folks that aren't separated by much.

Mike Robinson is a rookie. Most rookies struggle with pass protection. In anyones opinion, once Robinson improves on that, will he start stealing time away from Gore? Is he that talented?
Yah, Robinson is a rookie who played primarily as a QB in college. Something tells me that he will need some time to be proficient in pass protection.... more so than if he had been say a RB in college.The kid is talented, that is for sure, but to expect him to be anything more than a marginal blocker at this point is hoping for quite a bit.So, to answer your question, I am in the camp with others in this thread who think he will get spot duty this year at best if Gore remains healthy.

whether he takes more of a role on passing play is a big ? but if Gore misses time he is the one to get, not Hicks.

Anyone have a video clip of him Robinson running over Dawkins for a TD this past week .. (youtube is giving me zip)

September 26, 2006, 08:14

49ers :: RB

RB M. Robinson Gets Short-Yardage, Goal-Line Work

Greg Beacham, Associated Press - [Full Article]

Rookie RB Michael Robinson will get significant playing time for the 49ers after scoring two touchdowns against the Eagles. HC Mike Nolan said Robinson might replace Gore as the short-yardage and goal-line back.

September 26, 2006, 08:14 49ers :: RBRB M. Robinson Gets Short-Yardage, Goal-Line WorkGreg Beacham, Associated Press - [Full Article]Rookie RB Michael Robinson will get significant playing time for the 49ers after scoring two touchdowns against the Eagles. HC Mike Nolan said Robinson might replace Gore as the short-yardage and goal-line back.
good stuff.This guy performed wellaway from the goalline.He was running over people,actually hurting oncoming would be tacklers.It was cool.

Rookie RB Michael Robinson will get significant playing time for the 49ers after scoring two touchdowns against the Eagles. HC Mike Nolan said Robinson might replace Gore as the short-yardage and goal-line back.
So either Robinson is going to get a bigger role or he might not. That should clear things up. :D

So either Robinson is going to get a bigger role or he might not. That should clear things up. :D
He will get a bigger role, that role has not yet been defined yet and it might be on the goal-line.. I guess it could also be that he gets every 3rd or 4th series

Now is probably a great time to try to get Gore from a concerned owner. The fumbles are a concern, but many are forgetting how good he has looked otherwise. Not putting him in the same league by any stretch, but Tiki used to have a fumbling problem, too.

Now is probably a great time to try to get Gore from a concerned owner. The fumbles are a concern, but many are forgetting how good he has looked otherwise. Not putting him in the same league by any stretch, but Tiki used to have a fumbling problem, too.
Not to rain on your parade, but it took Tiki YEARS to get rid of that fumbling problem.

Yah, Robinson is a rookie who played primarily as a QB in college. Something tells me that he will need some time to be proficient in pass protection.... more so than if he had been say a RB in college.The kid is talented, that is for sure, but to expect him to be anything more than a marginal blocker at this point is hoping for quite a bit.
Disagree strongly. First of all, he didn't play primarily as a QB in college. He played his senior year as a QB. As a frosh he was a return man who played a little more RB than WR, but mostly was a special teamer. As a soph he was a good looking RB. As a Junior he led the team in receiving yards and tds as a WR. He's just a helluva football player. Period. I would think the experience as both RB and QB will make pass protection schemes much easier for him to learn. He's been calling them as a QB and running them as an RB. Plus, he's extremely bright, graduated early with two degrees, and he's a big physical athlete with great power. He'll be a tremendous pass blocker far far better than Frank Gore.

Yah, Robinson is a rookie who played primarily as a QB in college. Something tells me that he will need some time to be proficient in pass protection.... more so than if he had been say a RB in college.The kid is talented, that is for sure, but to expect him to be anything more than a marginal blocker at this point is hoping for quite a bit.
He'll be a tremendous pass blocker far far better than Frank Gore.
I love his potential, but he looked terrible pass blocking against the 2nd stringers he was running against. Nevertheless, the 49ers would be wise to give him a carry or two in each game.

FYI, Nolan is worried about Gore's fumbleitis at the goal line now:

Coach Mike Nolan said Frank Gore will be questionable for Week 4.

He strained his abdomen. Gore could lose some short-yardage carries to Michael Robinson if he returns. "It concerns me," Nolan said. "The second two happened the same way. He hits the pile and gets the ball knocked out."

rotoworld.
If Gore is questionable, and if Robinson ends up getting the start next week and does well (admittedly a lot of "IF"s), he could take over and not look back.
That's really short sighted if you believe that. Gore posted almost 100 yds rush and rec his 1st week. he offers possibilities out of the backfield MRob will not be able to do...at best MR is a short yardage guy that will spell Gore when he needs some air but if Gore can play he has far more upside right now. Great hands. He had 6 ctaches I think in the 1st half today...in PPR leagues he still had a decent day today. The game was a blowout for most of it so I would not jump to conclusions. Should you pick up MRob on the WW? of course, but he is not capable of putting up the same numbers as Gore...and Gore has looked good around the goal line...have you watched any of the SF games? I have and Gore is part of a 3 star line up with SMith and Bryant...you can see them developing those guys as the core of their offense.

Smith had another 260+ and a TD today...more good stuff.
I'm not arguing that he will, but that statement is completely unfounded. What do you know as to whether or not he will put up numbers similar to Gore? For all you know this guy could be the next Shaun Alexander and take this job from Gore and go on to scorch the league. I don't think he will, but to say that he is not capable of putting up numbers similar to a guy who went late in most every draft this season even after the Barlow trade is shortsighted and without merit.

I took him in my dynasty draft, because he's a guy who is an athlete and played pretty well at 3 different spots in college: QB/WR/RB.

I figured he would get a fair shot from an organization which didn't have a lot of established players.

He's exceeding my expectations this year, but Gore has had health issues. I see him as a guy with good hands that can get open and is a power runner. Those 2 things normally don't go together, so he's definitely a grab and hold in a dynasty or keeper.

Not to rain on your parade, but it took Tiki YEARS to get rid of that fumbling problem.
:no:He had the big problem one year, then Coughlin called him out on it. During the offseason, Tiki really committed himself to holding onto the rock, and it hasn't been an issue whatsover since.

Next Drive:

Next Drive:

Fourth Quarter

This is getting ridiculous! What difference does it make if he is #10 or #15. In most leagues that would still make him RB2. What's you point?

:no:He had the big problem one year, then Coughlin called him out on it. During the offseason, Tiki really committed himself to holding onto the rock, and it hasn't been an issue whatsover since.
Incorrect. He had fumbling problems for more than one year.'01 - 7 fumbles'02 - 8 fumbles'03 - 9 fumbles

Looking at his stats, barber had a fumbling problem every year up until 2005. In 2002-2003 he fumbled the ball 17 times! Fumbilitis is not a problem that can be cured with a week of practice. It takes a whole offseason or more of working on it to secure the ball for many running backs.

FYI, Nolan is worried about Gore's fumbleitis at the goal line now:Coach Mike Nolan said Frank Gore will be questionable for Week 4.He strained his abdomen. Gore could lose some short-yardage carries to Michael Robinson if he returns. "It concerns me," Nolan said. "The second two happened the same way. He hits the pile and gets the ball knocked out."rotoworld.
That's really short sighted if you believe that. Gore posted almost 100 yds rush and rec his 1st week. he offers possibilities out of the backfield MRob will not be able to do...at best MR is a short yardage guy that will spell Gore when he needs some air but if Gore can play he has far more upside right now. Great hands. He had 6 ctaches I think in the 1st half today...in PPR leagues he still had a decent day today. The game was a blowout for most of it so I would not jump to conclusions. Should you pick up MRob on the WW? of course, but he is not capable of putting up the same numbers as Gore...and Gore has looked good around the goal line...have you watched any of the SF games? I have and Gore is part of a 3 star line up with SMith and Bryant...you can see them developing those guys as the core of their offense.Smith had another 260+ and a TD today...more good stuff.
I can't believe this, but I am actually agreeing with MOP here. He has hit the nail on the head with this situation. Sunday was the first game where I got to see Gore firsthand and I can tell you that the guy runs hard and gives 110% with every run. Coaches like players like that and although Nolan may give Robinson goal line carries, there is not way he takes over for Gore.What's with all the Gore haters? You ticked off that you missed the boat on him?

He will get a bigger role, that role has not yet been defined yet and it might be on the goal-line.. I guess it could also be that he gets every 3rd or 4th series
:confused: Crystall balls up?
He's not going to be taking every 3rd of 4th series, but there is very serious talk in Niner land that he'll be the goal line back. I would be prepared for Robinson stealing 4-5 TDs this year.The other side of the coin is that Nolan lets Turner completely run the show on offense. Unless Nolan is ticked off enough about Gore's performance at the goal line to make an executive decision, it's going to be Turner's call.

FYI, Nolan is worried about Gore's fumbleitis at the goal line now:Coach Mike Nolan said Frank Gore will be questionable for Week 4.He strained his abdomen. Gore could lose some short-yardage carries to Michael Robinson if he returns. "It concerns me," Nolan said. "The second two happened the same way. He hits the pile and gets the ball knocked out."rotoworld.
That's really short sighted if you believe that. Gore posted almost 100 yds rush and rec his 1st week. he offers possibilities out of the backfield MRob will not be able to do...at best MR is a short yardage guy that will spell Gore when he needs some air but if Gore can play he has far more upside right now. Great hands. He had 6 ctaches I think in the 1st half today...in PPR leagues he still had a decent day today. The game was a blowout for most of it so I would not jump to conclusions. Should you pick up MRob on the WW? of course, but he is not capable of putting up the same numbers as Gore...and Gore has looked good around the goal line...have you watched any of the SF games? I have and Gore is part of a 3 star line up with SMith and Bryant...you can see them developing those guys as the core of their offense.Smith had another 260+ and a TD today...more good stuff.
I can't believe this, but I am actually agreeing with MOP here. He has hit the nail on the head with this situation. Sunday was the first game where I got to see Gore firsthand and I can tell you that the guy runs hard and gives 110% with every run. Coaches like players like that and although Nolan may give Robinson goal line carries, there is not way he takes over for Gore.What's with all the Gore haters? You ticked off that you missed the boat on him?
Gore is a BEAST with a big chip on his shoulder.....he`s the ultimate competitor and WILL correct the fumbling issue(if Tiki Barber could anyone can)...he will take it as a challenge AND an insult to his abilities as a football player if Robinson takes over goaline duties. Robinson will spell gore and mop up and maybe for ''special plays'' like lining up at rb and throwing a td or receiving out of the backfield.

I hope Robinson does get the start this week and then he fumbles on his first carry so I can come back here and laugh my ### off at all the new Gore vs. Robinson threads.

Users who are viewing this thread