What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Vick gets hit late all the time anybody cant see that youre bl (1 Viewer)

dawhole9

Footballguy
Every big play he makes in the pocket he is constantly getting pummelled every down. Its B.S Dont feed me some crap about every qb gets hit like Vick because its b.s. Nobody in the league gets hit more than Vick in the pocket and i challenge anyone to tell me otherwise.I suggest you review his games. This dude gets hit on every single throw on every single down. The refs dont throw a flag or anything. People claim hes a running back, when hes trying to pass out of the pocket. Both of his injuries happened while he was in the pocket.For people that want to say he runs around to much. On both injuries he made big plays in the air and completed them.

NFL needs to take notice of this crap. If Defenses fear him this much where they have to get illegal hits on him. They must fear the guys playmaking ability.

Keep this football related i dont care about his past. These refs need to treat him like a QB.

What's with the sudden shock about Mike Vick being injury prone. He's always been reckless, small, and skinny... that doesn't change now that he's older and a little slower.

Dream Team! :banned:

What's with the sudden shock about Mike Vick being injury prone. He's always been reckless, small, and skinny... that doesn't change now that he's older and a little slower.Dream Team! :banned:
He got hurt in the pocket Einstein, both injuries.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's with the sudden shock about Mike Vick being injury prone. He's always been reckless, small, and skinny... that doesn't change now that he's older and a little slower.

Dream Team! :banned:
If you're truly interested in making a point and backing it up, you're better off not insulting those who disagree with you. All that does it make readers want to ignore you.

I kinda noticed some of what he's saying. Refs seem pretty protective of some QBs when it comes to penalties. But Vick gets hammered a lot and a lot of times I expect a flag but none come out.

Vick holds onto the ball for too long while sticking in the pocket. Thats why he gets pummeled. Seriously...go back to the tape and watch...count how many seconds he holds the ball before attmepting a pass. I realize that he does that because he has elite ability to elongate a play, but it also opens him up to the type of punishment that drew brees or rivers dont open themselves up to. In the nfl you have maybe 2 seconds to make a judgement in the pocket and throw the ball. wait any longer and you are toast.

If I were Reid I would tell vick to use his legs more. Thats what makes him special. He is a BETTER pocket passer now than he was in his early career but he is still not an awesome pocket passer. If you are going to try and change your game to be a great pocket passer than you have to also understand when to give up on a play and throw the ball away. You cant extend plays and then get pissed when you get jacked up.

I think the OP is going off of these comments from Vick:

After Sunday's game, Vick was (rightfully) critical of NFL officials for letting defenders lay hits on him seemingly at will. "At some point something catastrophic is gonna happen," he said. "Not to blame the refs, but more precautions should be taken. I’m on the ground all the time in the pocket. ... I get hit in the head. I don’t know why I don’t get the 15-yard flag like everybody else does. I’m not trying to blame the refs. I just want them to take notice."
ETA: the "rightfully" must be Rotoworld's opinion.

The refs must have been dogs before being reincarnated.

Defenses have always gotten an extra shot in against Vick. Part of it is paying the price for being mobile, the other is paying the price for humiliating the opposition all day.

Here is the play where Vick broke his hand. I don't know the exact definition in the late hit rule for what makes it late or not but it looks to me like the refs could have thrown a flag on this play if they wanted to.

Post Game Press Conference on broken hand
Doesn't look like a late hit to me. The defender is allowed one step after the ball is released, looks like he was taking the big step during the release so that one doesn't count and took a small step after the release. I could see a flag for helmet to helmet, but it doesn't seem like that was intentional. Looks like Canty was trying to hit his chest. For being 6'7" Canty did a good job of getting low to try to avoid hitting Vick's helmet.

What's with the sudden shock about Mike Vick being injury prone. He's always been reckless, small, and skinny... that doesn't change now that he's older and a little slower.Dream Team! :banned:
So the two injuries were getting hit by his own player, and, him trying to break his fall with his hand (guess he never played basketball.) Sounds like the refs fault to me. :violin:

So the two injuries were getting hit by his own player, and, him trying to break his fall with his hand (guess he never played basketball.) Sounds like the refs fault to me. :violin:
Correct. If the ref had thrown a flag, then he wouldn't have the booboo. I wonder if bl could kiss it to make it better.

Him and Rothlisberger get hit late all the time...they hold onto the ball too long and are always tough to get down...so there's usually going to be an extra player or two converging on them because of that.

Him and Rothlisberger get hit late all the time...they hold onto the ball too long and are always tough to get down...so there's usually going to be an extra player or two converging on them because of that.
People would be complaining if the refs blew a play dead anytime a defender grabbed a hold of them. Escapability invites nasty hits as much as it does big plays.

Sal thinks so and I also feel that hit where he almost had his helmet come off and reached for his head...if that hit happens on Tom Brady a yellow flag is thrown immediately.

Sal thinks so and I also feel that hit where he almost had his helmet come off and reached for his head...if that hit happens on Tom Brady a yellow flag is thrown immediately.
Well, both Mike Golic and Merril Hoge have disagreed with Vick and Sal so far this morning. And with Sal being a Philly guy, I think taking his bias into account is probably proper.

Brady might have gotten that flag....but most Qbs wouldn't, and shouldn't. I didn't see any egregious hits on Vick yesterday....and I bleed green.

Vick's just being a baby because he can't hang. Everyone gets hit. Sal is an Eagles homer anyway. Maybe he should take a lesson from superior players like Brady and Rodgers and get rid of the ball quicker.

Dream Team :yawn:

Just want to make sure I've got this straight ...

The Eagles and their fans are whining about the league's treatment of a player that wouldn't even be on their team if the league hadn't intervened on their behalf when that player was a free agent, right? Same guy?

Awesome.

99% of America roots against Vick, you wanting to import refs from the CFL? or EFL?

Unless you own Vick in FF, or you are a Bl Philly homer, you like to watch Vick get hit, why should the refs be excluded from this enjoyment?

As a panthers fan, I watched Vick dance between out of bounds and in bounds, only go to out just as he was hit, trying to force the late hit call. When you play the game, sometimes you get burnt. He needs to stop whining.

For the record, I want him to stay healthy because I think.it helps McCoy, but fair is fair.

Report: Vick likely out through at least Week Six. Link

Tough break for the Eagles, who will likely have to play at least three games with the team they would have had if Goodell hadn't improperly intervened to steer Vick to them.

A couple of 15 yard penalties would not have changed the outcome of the game nor kept him from getting hurt. Teams know they need to hit Vick to beat Vick. This is not news, sometimes they will get a roughing the passer penalty or two, sometimes they wont. And Vick will probably never play an entire season again, it's the situation he's in, deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread