What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Middle Aged Dummies!! Artists #1's have been posted!! (2 Viewers)

Stevie Wonder/You Are The Sunshine... - a couple of the vocal inflections are a little odd but everything else totally won me over
It's not an affectation, though - his speaking voice is the same way. He stresses the "wrong" syllable sometimes, which can be jarring because the "stomp" isn't where you expect it to be. He also pronounces his vowels in unusual ways (again, both singing and speaking).
Speaking of people who pronounce vowels unusual, I went down a Justin Wilson rabbit hole the other night. I was at my sister's a couple nights ago for my BIL's birthday dinner, and when I walked in I said, "How Y'all Are," like Justin Wilson used to say. It just came out of my mouth out of nowhere. Anyway, I used to watch him on PBS all the time, and when I got back home from my sister's house, I went on YouTube and watched some of his past episodes. I had not seen an episode of his show in years, and it made me smile listening to him talk. You can't go wrong watching Justin cook. I garontee!

#22s so good that listening through it a second time. Enjoyed everything, but was not taking good enough notes on first trip through while listening while working... some quick and partial thoughts...

Love the Brandi Carlile one. I've been meaning to get into her a bit more and enjoying the list here. Someone posted tickets to her show on Sunday on my local buy nothing group, but was too slow to claim (probably would have been too short notice to find a sitter anyway).

Genesis song great as well. Digging them more than I expected going in. As well as Phish.

I'm not sure if I've said it yet, but enjoy seeing Taylor Swift here and enjoyed this one. Started getting into some of her stuff pretty recently.

Continuing to enjoy some of the bands that haven't explored as much like The Doves and Big Thief.

And if I don't say it enough, as always, God save the Kinks.

ELO #22 - Birmingham Blues

From Out of the Blue, which is the favorite ELO album for many people, as it's chock full of 70's era ELO hits. But this song isn't one of the hits - in fact it has the least amount of Spotify plays for the album. But it's the most "rocking" tune on the album, is quite catchy, and has always been a favorite of mine. This bumped a more well-known Out of the Blue song from the list (Out of the Blue tied for the lead in my list, with 5 or 6 songs).

Want to give a shout out to Scarborough Fair too - on a system or headphones that can really seperate the sounds, it's absolutely mesmerising. What a great song.

Brandi Carlile... I always put her in the weepy love songs category, which means I didn't pay that much attention over the years. But I've liked a bunch of her stuff so far in this thread.

The Doves just continue to impress me. From the Brit draft to this I'm digging just about every song that I hear. Especially the 22 round.

Also a shout out to the Genesis song. I'm sort of a "newer" Genesis fan, but this is an "earlier" song I like a lot.
Doves #22 Ship of Fools was a bonus track for their 2009 album Kingdom of Rust. These guys have so many good b-sides/bonus tracks.

The Doves just continue to impress me. From the Brit draft to this I'm digging just about every song that I hear. Especially the 22 round.

Also a shout out to the Genesis song. I'm sort of a "newer" Genesis fan, but this is an "earlier" song I like a lot.
Doves #22 Ship of Fools was a bonus track for their 2009 album Kingdom of Rust. These guys have so many good b-sides/bonus tracks.
Great tune by the Doves this round, imo.

In the middle of the #22 playlist:

I'd heard of Gudbuy T'Jane but not actually heard it. Big fan. Maybe Quiet Riot should have jumped on this one too.

I listened to the Out of the Blue album in its entirety once, so the deep tracks are not fresh in my mind. Birmingham Blues is a fun rocker with a bit of Rhapsody in Blue thrown in.

Another winner from Clutch.

Without a Sound found Dino Jr. fully embracing a more "mature" sound. Goin' Home is one of the best examples of that.

The Killer Is Me is haunting.

Innuendo is pretty ornate and proggy -- I didn't know late-period Queen was still doing that.

The AC/DC jawn may be one of the most tuneful tracks you'll ever hear about blood.

Shake a Tail Feather is so much fun.

In the home stretch of the #22 playlist:

Ship of Fools is gorgeous. Definitely listening to the Doves playlist when this is over.

Stranger Things Have Happened sounds like Grohl doing John Mayer. Not sure how I feel about that.

Nebraska is probably my favorite Springsteen album, because the Bruce-ity of it all is toned down. State Trooper is a pretty compelling vignette.

Shut 'Em Up is absolutely captivating -- and from a mix of artists I would never expect to see together.

Nancy Wilson does a good job of sounding like Ann on These Dreams. In the '80s I always thought it was Ann because I heard it on the radio and never watched the video.

I remember Elton's Mama Can't Buy You Love on the car radio as a kid. Had no idea it was produced by Thom Bell. Elton fits the Philadelphia Soul sound pretty well.

I listened to most of the 22s last night while cooking, so I didn't write notes and don't even remember much of why I liked what. Whatever, at least I'm caught up. :)

I remembered when I saw The Crane Wife that I actually owned a Decemberists record (which would have been a CD) way back when.

This list had my second favorite of the Slade songs so far. Also great tracks from deadmau5, Bauhaus, and AC/DC that didn't make my playlist but were enjoyable.

Those that made my playlist are mostly NOT from my usual suspects. Sorry I have no commentary:

- "Dust in the Wind" by Todd Rundgren
- "Long Way from Home" by the Vaughan Brothers
- "Relative Ways" by ...
- "Viva La Gloria" by Green Day
- "The Killer Is Me" by Alice in Chains - where did this come from? Gold medal.
- "Stevie Nix" by The Hold Steady
- "Stranger Things Have Happened" by Foo Fighters
- "State Trooper" by Bruce Springsteen
- "Shut 'Em Up" by a bunch of folks including The Prodigy - where did this come from? Bronze medal.
- "Fiddler's Green" by The Tragically Hip - where did this come from? Silver medal.

Special Shout-Out to "Shake a Tail Feather." When I got a dog back in 2002, I solicited name ideas from friends and family. My brother wanted me to name her (Shake A} Tailfeather. Instead I named her Lucy. Should have gone with his idea. Or I should have taken one of my friend Karyn's ideas, which were "Scallop," "Arrrrrgggggh" (said in a pirate's voice), or the duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-duh intro from ESPN's Sportscenter.

I listened to most of the 22s last night while cooking, so I didn't write notes and don't even remember much of why I liked what. Whatever, at least I'm caught up. :)

I remembered when I saw The Crane Wife that I actually owned a Decemberists record (which would have been a CD) way back when.

This list had my second favorite of the Slade songs so far. Also great tracks from deadmau5, Bauhaus, and AC/DC that didn't make my playlist but were enjoyable.

Those that made my playlist are mostly NOT from my usual suspects. Sorry I have no commentary:

- "Relative Ways" by ...
- "Shut 'Em Up" by a bunch of folks including The Prodigy - where did this come from? Bronze medal.
- "Fiddler's Green" by The Tragically Hip - where did this come from? Silver medal.

Special Shout-Out to "Shake a Tail Feather." When I got a dog back in 2002, I solicited name ideas from friends and family. My brother wanted me to name her (Shake A} Tailfeather. Instead I named her Lucy. Should have gone with his idea. Or I should have taken one of my friend Karyn's ideas, which were "Scallop," "Arrrrrgggggh" (said in a pirate's voice), or the duh-duh-duh, duh-duh-duh intro from ESPN's Sportscenter.
Until the 21s are released in 3, 2, 1.... ;)

- "Relative Ways" by ...

0, -1, -2...

Finally got through the 22s

• Brandi Carlile nailed another one, she reminds of Swift except I am preferring Carlile a lot more (sorry swifties)
  • Another great Police song that I wanted to heart but it seems the heart doesn't exist anymore (now it's a + sign?)
  • Crane Wife 1 is great, less big on Crane Wife 2 this is kind of where The Decemberists lost me. I am curious to see how their early stuff ranks
  • Great Trail of Dead song, best yet? I guess that's the idea lol
  • As mentioned,Lowdown is a groove
  • Interesting song from The Stranglers, didn't expect a French tune from them.
  • Ryan Adams with a banger
  • A Clutch song that was my speed! I knew it would happen eventually. Bad *** stuff.
  • Dino Jr has once again topped themselves
  • My personal favorite Simon and Garfunkel
  • Love that whole Nebraska album, such a nice other side to Bruce
  • I added King Volcano to my Halloween playlist, spooky stuff
  • These Dreams is an 80s pop masterpiece that I had totally forgotten about
  • Fiddler's Green is top 5 Hip songs for me

- "Relative Ways" by ...

0, -1, -2...
Just poured some Bob Dylan’s Heaven’s Door bourbon to listen to the 21s with… I guess that was premature.

- "Relative Ways" by ...

0, -1, -2...
Just poured some Bob Dylan’s Heaven’s Door bourbon to listen to the 21s with… I guess that was premature.
It's a warm-up pour. I've never heard of Bob Dylan's Heaven's Door bourbon. I'm intrigued.

21's PLAYLIST

#21-
Todd RundgrenNew Binky the DoormatHammer In My Heart
Jorge Ben JorDon QuixoteZagueiro

Brandi CarlileJB Breakfast Clubthe Things I Regret - Firewatcher's Daughter
The PoliceZegras11So Lonely
Modest MouseThe Dreaded MarcoGravity Rides Everything
GenesisYo MamaRipples
Stevie Ray VaughanSullieSuperstition (Official Music Video)
The Decemberistskupcho1Song For Myla Goldberg
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of DeadplinkoThe Rest Will Follow
Worlds Apart (2005)
The KinksGalileoThe Village Green Preservation Society (1968 - The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society)
RushhigginsThe Weapon
Sigur RósScoresmanUntitled #6 ("E-Bow") - () - 2002
Donald FagenCharlie SteinerFire in the Hole
Green DayMAC_32Restless Heart Syndrome
Big ThiefIlov80sFlower of Blood
Daft Punk rockactionDoin' It Right (feat. Panda Bear)
Taylor SwiftJpalmerthe lakes
Elliott SmithTuffnuttLast Hour

ChicagoPip's InvitationOh, Thank You Great Spirit
The StranglersJohn Maddens LunchboxNorth Winds
Ryan AdamsDr. OctopusWhen Will You Come Back Home
Stevie WonderUruk-HaiHappy Birthday
SladeMrs. RannousPity The Mother
Phishshuke46 Days
Electgric Light Orchestra (ELO)jwbRoll Over Beethoven
Frank BlackMister CIALos Angeles
Clutch Raging Weasel Slaughter Beach
Dinosaur Jr. KarmaPolice Plans
Warren ZevonworrierkingDisorder in the House
When WZ announced his terminal cancer and his desire to record one last album, all the stars came out to contribute. Tom Petty, Joe Walsh, Emmylou, Ry Cooder, Henley, Billy Bob Thornton and others showed up. His old pal Bruce chipped in backing vocals and a scorching guitar solo (Bruce rarely got to play lead!) on this one. He could not help with the Lhasa Apso line.
Alice in ChainsMt. ManWhat the Hell Have I
QueensnellmanI'm In Love With My Car
AC/DCfalguyWhole Lotta Rosie
The Hold SteadscorchyArms and Hearts
Damon AlbarnEephusBlur --- Beetlebum
Ray Charlessimey
Doveslandrys hatAlmost Forgot Myself
SpoonHov34My Babe

Foo FightersJust Win BabyWhat If I Do?
Simon & Garfunkelzamboni"The Only Living Boy in New York"
Bruce SpringsteenDrIanMalcolmGlory Days
The ProdigytitusbrambleSpitfire
Bauhausotb_liferSilent Hedges
HeartDoug BRaised on You
The Tragically HipNorthern VoiceScared
deadmau5zazaleThere might be coffee
Elton JohntimschochetThe ***** Is Back

It's a warm-up pour. I've never heard of Bob Dylan's Heaven's Door bourbon. I'm intrigued.
I’ll probably have to grab a second glass soon.

Maybe a little over-priced for what it is, but not too much so. Cool looking bottle with Dylan’s iron gates on it.
Hopefully it is sold here in NC. I have a friend who loves bourbon and Bob Dylan, and his birthday is in August, and I'd love to get that for him. He would share a glass with me.

#21 - Ray Charles - I Believe To My Soul - Spotify

I like all sides of Ray, and I think this is one of his "moodiest" songs. He wrote this song back in 1959. It was the B-side to his cover of Hank Snow's "I'm Movin' On," and it would appear on Ray's 1961 album Genius Sings the Blues. It's bluesy soul, and interestingly instead of having The Raelettes back him up, he backs himself up on this tune. I dig the opening to it. It's been covered by a lot of other artists including Van Morrison, Leon Russell, The Animals, Albert King, Donny Hathaway, etc.

Foo FightersJust Win BabyWhat If I Do?

What If I Do? is the third song I chose from the In Your Honor album, which I described in a previous post. This song is off the acoustic disc of that double album.

In 2023, Consequence of Sound ranked what they characterized as all 156 Foo Fighters songs up to that point, ranking What If I Do? #37. Here is an excerpt from their writeup:

Grohl considers “What If I Do?” an ode to North Carolina, his home state for much of the ‘90s. He’s spoken about finding beauty in the sand dunes along the coast, and the song definitely could remind listeners of gentle, rolling dunes. But it’s Grohl’s sincerity that separates “What If I Do?” from much of the acoustic mixed bag found on the second disc of In Your Honor. “I’d have to lose everything just to find you,” ponders Grohl, a simple but poignant moment contemplating what we may have to sacrifice to truly find ourselves.

Around 2019 (2014 article was updated "4 years ago"), Spin ranked what they characterized as all 152 Foo Fighters songs up to that point, ranking What If I Do? #67. Here is an excerpt from their writeup:

One of the most stately Foo ballads, and the real tone-setter for the acoustic half of In Your Honor. Grohl says that it’s about living in North Carolina for a decade, but you’d have absolutely no clue about that if it wasn’t for the bridge where he actually coos “Ca-ro-li-na, Ca-ro-lina” — probably the best part of the song, anyway.

I grew up in NC and lived there for the first 35 years of my life, so I certainly love an ode to NC. I live in Virginia Beach now, and we regularly take vacations to the Outer Banks in NC, where we can find beauty in the sand dunes along the coast. 👍

More importantly, I really love the Foos' acoustic music, and IMO this is a beautiful example.

#21 Genesis - Ripples

Album - A Trick of the Tail
Year - 1976

Back to A Trick of the Tail for another melodic tune. I especially like mellow middle instrumental section followed by the buildup to the final portion of the song.

This song is either a lament to the passing of time, aging, and the loss of one’s prime. . . Or it’s the harshest diss track from Phil to his ex (he’s always singing about her):

The face in the water looks up
And she shakes her head as if to say
That it's the last time you'll look like today
. . . .
The face that launched a thousand ships
Is sinking fast, that happens you know
The water gets below
Seems not very long ago
Lovelier she was than any that I know

21. What the Hell Have I (off the Last Action Hero Soundtrack, 1993. Here off Nothing Safe)

Something I should say
It takes you every day
What you give is not alive
Today

(Official Video) Alice In Chains - What the Hell Have I

This song was originally supposed to be on Dirt, but didn’t make the cut. Instead appearing on compilation/”best of” albums. Plus, yes, the Lost Action Hero soundtrack. Which, if I’m being honest, is WAY better than this movie deserves.

Back on topic, I had to say “sort of” in the teaser because that’s not a traditional sitar being played. Cantrell couldn’t master (or possibly even reach beginner level on) it, instead using an electric sitar. Regardless, the sound obviously gives this song a different vibe, mingling with the repeated bass riff throughout. Meanwhile the chorus is something else entirely.

Next on the countdown, the sun is a mass of incandescent gas

#21 The Village Green Preservation Society (1968 - The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society)
https://open.spotify.com/track/0YZi8Zobeuzdu5krA17N3Q?si=f1e922596b614ba3

GOD SAVE DONALD DUCK!!! This is such a catchy and rhythmic tune. The album itself did not achieve much commercial success, but it is one of the most critically acclaimed works from the Kinks. The song, at its core, is Ray’s light hearted reflection back to childhood and the desire to preserve that British heritage from yesteryear. It is probably not coincidental that this was written during a time when the Kinks were banned from playing in the US. Ray does some playful things with the lyrics in this one. “God save strawberry jam and all the different varieties... Preserving the old ways from being abused” See what he did there? I probably have this one a couple notches too low in my rankings (I could say that about all of the Kinks songs except #1)…might be around #17 if I re-submitted my list today.

We are the Village Green Preservation Society
God save Donald Duck, vaudeville and variety
We are the Desperate Dan Appreciation Society
God save strawberry jam and all the different varieties

Preserving the old ways from being abused
Protecting the new ways, for me and for you
What more can we do?

We are the Draught Beer Preservation Society
God save Mrs. Mopp and good old Mother Riley
We are the Custard Pie Appreciation Consortium
God save the George Cross, and all those who were awarded them

Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

We are the Sherlock Holmes English-speaking Vernacular
God save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula
We are the Office Block Persecution Affinity
God save little shops, china cups, and virginity
We are the Skyscraper Condemnation Affiliates
God save Tudor houses, antique tables, and billiards

What more can we do?

God save the Village Green!

Last edited:
#21 The Village Green Preservation Society (1968 - The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society)

GOD SAVE DONALD DUCK!!! This is such a catchy and rhythmic tune. The album itself did not achieve much commercial success, but it is one of the most critically acclaimed works from the Kinks. The song, at its core, is Ray’s light hearted reflection back to childhood and the desire to preserve that British heritage from yesteryear. It is probably not coincidental that this was written during a time when the Kinks were banned from playing in the US. Ray does some playful things with the lyrics in this one. “God save strawberry jam and all the different varieties; Preserving the old ways from being abused” See what he did there? I probably have this one a couple notches too low in my rankings (I could say that about all of the Kinks songs except #1)…might be around #17 if I re-submitted my list today.

What more can we do?

Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

What more can we do?

Love this one. If I was ranking my top 5 favorite albums of all time, Village Green makes my list. This track comes on as the opener, and all feels well in the world.

The Last Hour- Elliott Smith
from A Basement on the Hill Album

"I'm through trying now, it's a big relief
I'll be staying down
Where no one else gonna give me grief
Mess me around
Just make it over"
:cry::cry::cry:

In my opinion the saddest of all Elliott Smith's lyrics. One of the saddest, but sweetiest song... its sounds almost like a lullaby.
Elliott's voice is gentle and vulnerable... The lyrics describe someone who is just defeated, too broken to even put up a fight... just succumbing to the pain.

21. Oh, Thank You Great Spirit
Album: Chicago VIII (1975)
Writer: Terry Kath
Lead vocals: Terry Kath
Released as a single? No

The theme of Chicago VIII was nostalgia, and Terry Kath's contribution was a tribute to his old friend and mentor Jimi Hendrix. As with Hendrix songs, there are no horns. The first half of Oh, Thank You Great Spirit is spacey and psychedelic and sounds like it could be an Axis: Bold as Love outtake. The second half is why it appears on this list, though. The guitar solo that begins around 4:40 is one of Kath's finest works in a career full of them. It too recalls Hendrix, but the structure and technique are unmistakably Kath. You'd think these fireworks would have earned FM radio play, but no, they were a "singles band." Argh.
As you might expect, it doesn't fit in musically with the rest of Chicago VIII in the slightest. (Except maybe the coda of Hideaway.)
Live version from 1975 (explicitly dedicated to Hendrix; not great sound quality but appears to be the only complete live version on YouTube): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0XCflHsptE

At #20, a song with great rhythm about being unable to get into a rhythm with the ladies.

I was remiss in not commenting on Elliott Smith's "Clementine" a bit ago. It's worth a listen. Great stuff.

Waking you up to close the bar...
Dreadful sorry...Clementine

I came across this a while back and shared it with friends. You might enjoy it if you enjoy Elliott Smith. If you can overcome the cringe at the beginning, you get a beautiful tune.

If the interview is too painful, jump here.

Anyway, it's one of my favorite singer/songwriter songs because of folk songs and snow angels and drinkin'. Very evocative, if you ask me.

O my darling
O my darling
Clementine
I have never saw this... How great!!

Random thoughts about some of the #21s I already know:

Hammer in My Heart is IMO one of the few successful tracks from the final three Utopia albums. This is the studio version which I remember from the radio back in the day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Yu-pZzd0E
So Lonely is a barnburner, especially in concert. It was one of the high points of the show I saw on the Police's reunion tour.
Ripples is like an impressionist painting set to music.
It's impossible to screw up Superstition but Stevie Ray's version is top-notch.
The Rest Will Follow is one of the most successful tracks from Worlds Apart, their follow-up to Source Tags and Codes that was much-maligned at the time. At the show I saw on that tour, a guy standing next to me complained loudly every time they played something from it (with one exception which we will hopefully see later). They leaned more overtly into their prog side and the indie-hipster side of their fanbase didn't cope with it very well.
The Village Green Preservation Society is fascinating for all the reasons Galileo explained.
The Weapon is part 2 of Rush's original Fear trilogy, which I discussed earlier.
(The Steely Dan track on the playlist doesn't match the one from the post, so I'll hold off commenting until it's clarified which is "correct".)
Happy Birthday is a history lesson and a celebration wrapped into one.
46 Days is the one rocker from Phish's Round Room album. Leigh Fordham was one of their roadies. Their lyrics often mention random people in their lives, as we also saw with Carini. When you go to enough Phish shows, sometimes you get a sense that a song is "following you around". That's the case with this one for me.
Roll Over Beethoven was Jeff Lynne's most overt attempt at fusing classical and rock. More subtle and successful attempts would follow, but this fusion of Chuck Berry and Ludwig Van was one of ELO's first hits.
What the Hell Have I is as good as anything on AIC's Dirt and it always struck me as odd that it was relegated to a movie soundtrack.
Whole Lotta Rosie is a whole lotta mayhem.
The B!tch Is Back is a great rocker. I remember Elton performing this with Cher on some talk show (Arsenio Hall?) during one of her career renaissances.

GOD SAVE DONALD DUCK!!! This is such a catchy and rhythmic tune. The album itself did not achieve much commercial success, but it is one of the most critically acclaimed works from the Kinks. The song, at its core, is Ray’s light hearted reflection back to childhood and the desire to preserve that British heritage from yesteryear. It is probably not coincidental that this was written during a time when the Kinks were banned from playing in the US. Ray does some playful things with the lyrics in this one. “God save strawberry jam and all the different varieties... Preserving the old ways from being abused” See what he did there? I probably have this one a couple notches too low in my rankings (I could say that about all of the Kinks songs except #1)…might be around #17 if I re-submitted my list today.

What more can we do?

Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

What more can we do?

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.

#21 Sigur Ros - Untitled # 6 (E-Bow) - ()

Taken off of their third album (), E-bow is the first of three epic tracks that close out the album. The unofficial name of the song comes from the fact that both guitar and bass are played with an e-bow.

This is another truly post rock song that starts slow and builds to something epic. Once the last part of the song kicks in at 6:38, I just lose it.

What more can we do?

Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

What more can we do?

Took me nearly a minute to sound this out.

Phishshuke46 Days

It's crazy that this still feels like it's a "new song" and it was released over 20 years ago. Just a solid banger, and a vehicle for some great jams. I don't know how many are actually watching the live cuts I'm posting, so I won't do a super long one here. This song just sounds better live. Here's a high-energy short version.

What more can we do?

Ooh ooh ooh
Ooh ooh ooh

What more can we do?

Took me nearly a minute to sound this out.
I was inspired by another thread on page 1.

22 - Enjoyed:

Taylor Swift Song, had not heard it before. It was lovely
Haven't heard that Chicago song in forever. Thanks.
Did not expect that Phish song. Liked it.
ELO, always love this one.
AC/DC is always welcome.
Ray Charles - love this scene in the movie, so good.
Blur - I really need to explore more of Damon.

21 Likes:

Modest Mouse
!!!
So Lonely is so good, and yet it may not even be top 10 Police for me.
The Kinks song is so much fun.
Didn't know the Steely Dan song, but liked it.
Big Thief still killing it.
Glory Days - Bruce - See below.
Blur - I wish I hadn't "missed" them in the late 90's - but that was about the time I had kids, and they ruin everything.
I think this the first time I've mentioned Zevon, but I've enjoyed just about everything - this one makes me happy.
Enjoyed Ryan Adams - didn't know that one
I liked the Decemberists Song, I need to write more about them.

Glory Days - So, not my favorite Bruce song, but one of those songs that is in the soundtrack of your life (mainly because it was so over played at the time). Anyway I follow a sports writer named Joe Posnanski (Baseball stuff, mostly) and he wrote about a lyric in the song that bothered him. I (and a lot of other readers) thought it was a dumb criticism. It was sort of funny - Here is a link if you're bored:

Users who are viewing this thread