What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Anderson = Steal of the 2005 draft (1 Viewer)

Thumper

Footballguy
Mike Anderson will be a top 10 rb this season. Anderson in many drafts has been slipping beyond the 8th round even though he has just about been named the starter.Mark this down MIKE ANDERSON IS THE STEAL OF THE DRAFT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lot of talk in the game thread tonight about the *new* ADP of the Denver RBs after tonight.

Previously, Bell was going late 3rd/early 4th. Mike Anderson was going 8th or 9th round.

Obviously MA gets bumped up... A LOT.. But, are people really going to let Tatum Bell slide very far. It seems that there are still a lot of believers in Bell (after tonight's game, I'm not sure I understand why -- maybe MA is getting older and durability is an issue :unsure: He certainly doesn't have very many miles on his tires for a guy his age...)

I'm just going to throw this out there, but would love some more feedback from you guys.

I'd guess in redrafts starting tomorrow that MA goes early 4th and Bell goes late 4th. IOW, Anderson gets a big bump up, but Bell only drops slightly.

If I'm right, it kind of sucks for me because I kind of like having the Denver backfield locked up in my other league, and it was worth it for a 3rd and 8th round pick. Not so sure it is worth it for a 4th and 5th -- even if you could get it for that now, and I'm not positive you could...

Lot of talk in the game thread tonight about the *new* ADP of the Denver RBs after tonight.

Previously, Bell was going late 3rd/early 4th. Mike Anderson was going 8th or 9th round.

Obviously MA gets bumped up... A LOT.. But, are people really going to let Tatum Bell slide very far. It seems that there are still a lot of believers in Bell (after tonight's game, I'm not sure I understand why -- maybe MA is getting older and durability is an issue :unsure: He certainly doesn't have very many miles on his tires for a guy his age...)

I'm just going to throw this out there, but would love some more feedback from you guys.

I'd guess in redrafts starting tomorrow that MA goes early 4th and Bell goes late 4th. IOW, Anderson gets a big bump up, but Bell only drops slightly.

If I'm right, it kind of sucks for me because I kind of like having the Denver backfield locked up in my other league, and it was worth it for a 3rd and 8th round pick. Not so sure it is worth it for a 4th and 5th -- even if you could get it for that now, and I'm not positive you could...
I'm thinking at this point you might need to have 3.12 and 4.01 to grab them both. And I'm really not sure if that would be worth it.

Mark this down MIKE ANDERSON IS THE STEAL OF THE DRAFT.
Not anymore.. I can guarantee that in any drafts from tonite on.. he's going early fouth, maybe even as high as a mid 2nd rounder as a RB2.. :yes:

Previously, Bell was going late 3rd/early 4th.  Mike Anderson was going 8th or 9th round.

Obviously MA gets bumped up...  A LOT..  But, are people really going to let Tatum Bell slide very far.  It seems that there are still a lot of believers in Bell (after tonight's game, I'm not sure I understand why -- maybe MA is getting older and durability is an issue  :unsure:   He certainly doesn't have very many miles on his tires for a guy his age...)

I'd guess in redrafts starting tomorrow that MA goes early 4th and Bell goes late 4th.  IOW, Anderson gets a big bump up, but Bell only drops slightly.

If I'm right, it kind of sucks for me because I kind of like having the Denver backfield locked up in my other league, and it was worth it for a 3rd and 8th round pick.  Not so sure it is worth it for a 4th and 5th -- even if you could get it for that now, and I'm not positive you could...
I'm thinking at this point you might need to have 3.12 and 4.01 to grab them both. And I'm really not sure if that would be worth it.
What would be the reason to grab Bell at 4.01 at this point? I would roll the dice and wait until the 6th or 7th, 4.01 is too expensive for him IMO

He looked pretty good against that soft interrior Colt line. He showed more speed than I thought he had. I was wrong about him. I thought for sure he would look slow. Advantage Anderson right now for sure.

What would be the reason to grab Bell at 4.01 at this point? I would roll the dice and wait until the 6th or 7th, 4.01 is too expensive for him IMO
I don't think Bell would last to 5.12.According to the pick value calculator, the value of the 3.12 and 4.01 is equal to the value of the 8th overall pick.

Is wrapping up the Denver running game worth the 8th overall pick? I'm not so sure. On one hand, you're erased all injury concerns and have your player's handcuff. On the other, I'm far from convinced that you'll be able to accurately start the right player each week to give you RB1 production.

A sample draft might be something like:

1.12 Julius Jones

2.01 Peyton Manning

3.12 Tatum Bell

4.01 Mike Anderson

That puts you not taking any WR until the 5.12/6.01 turn, and basically eliminates your chance of taking a TE until 7.12. I don't think there will be any WRs of value at the 1.12/2.01 turn (Moss will likely be gone, and I don't think any other WR -- or Moss for that matter -- is worth that pick).

So I probably wouldn't advocate the Bell/Anderson turn strategy in the 3rd/4th. But they should both go early, which means you'll likely just need to roll the dice on one.

If you could get them both at 5.12 and 6.01, that would be the SOD.

Does everyone forget who started so hot for denver last year? It is a safe bet that anyone could be the star RB from denver yet.....well except Maurice of course.

Does everyone forget who started so hot for denver last year? It is a safe bet that anyone could be the star RB from denver yet.....well except Maurice of course.
In the end, it will be Bell - just as it was last year.

I would be surprised if Bell fell past the 3rd round...I think that there will almost always be at least one guy drafting from a magazine that hasn't been following the offseason very closely and pulls the trigger in round 2 or 3...Maybe even higher if he's drafting from Fantasy Football Index...

I hope I'm not eating crow on this, but I really believe it is down to Anderson or Bell, and that's it.Griffin's knees have gotta be like jello. Clarett (sp?) is in serious danger of being cut. And, I just don't think Dayne has the talent that Bell and Anderson have.

If the Denver running game goes like last year Dayne will be starting by week 5. I don't want to drown in the koolaid trying to figure who to and who not to draft for Denver RB's, to many other good RB's to draft this year. But Anderson looks as good as Q did at this time lastl year.

Kind of pointless to speculate ADP for them because it's going to deviate drastically from draft to draft. Someone drafting from a magazine, or even FBG or other internet rankings from as recently as yesterday, will take Bell in the 3rd/4th in many drafts. So, you really can't plan on locking up Bell as insurance for Anderson. And while Anderson could be huge early on, he's still carries risk as an older player who has not been a feature back in a long time, is coming off a serious injury, and has a supposedly very capable young player waiting in the wings. The real potential value came to those of us that have already drafted.

So, I guess the shark move is to not touch either one of them in the 3rd or 4th round..If one of them (obviously Bell most likely) happens to slip to the 6th round or later, then go for it...

So, I guess the shark move is to not touch either one of them in the 3rd or 4th round..

If one of them (obviously Bell most likely) happens to slip to the 6th round or later, then go for it...
The shark move might be to grab Anderson.

Honestly, I can't see how you can say it's better than 50/50 at this point.....at best. You're banking on injury/ineffectiveness and while Anderson carries risk in that regard, he has also proven to be capable in the past. IMO, Anderson, if healthy, is >> Griffin and even Droughns so taking the job will be a taller order this year. I'd actually be surprised if Bell doesn't get some chances during the season to steal the job. I just have serious doubts at this point that he can significantly outplay Anderson, if at all.

I don't think Bell would last to 5.12.

I'm far from convinced that you'll be able to accurately start the right player each week to give you RB1 production.

1.12 Julius Jones

2.01 Peyton Manning

3.12 Tatum Bell

4.01 Mike Anderson

That puts you not taking any WR until the 5.12/6.01 turn, and basically eliminates your chance of taking a TE until 7.12. I don't think there will be any WRs of value at the 1.12/2.01 turn (Moss will likely be gone, and I don't think any other WR -- or Moss for that matter -- is worth that pick).

So I probably wouldn't advocate the Bell/Anderson turn strategy in the 3rd/4th. But they should both go early, which means you'll likely just need to roll the dice on one.
I agree, that's why I would take Anderson at 3.12, and let another owner use a fourth round pick on a guy that may or may not get enough touches to justify his draft slot. To me, anyone other the the MA owner who drafts bell early is burning a pick. There's nothing i've seen up to this point to think otherwise.. I wouild take bell in the early sixth late seventh if available

So, I guess the shark move is to not touch either one of them in the 3rd or 4th round..

If one of them (obviously Bell most likely) happens to slip to the 6th round or later, then go for it...
For a Jets fan - I like the way you think..

I would be surprised if Bell fell past the 3rd round...

I think that there will almost always be at least one guy drafting from a magazine that hasn't been following the offseason very closely and pulls the trigger in round 2 or 3...

Maybe even higher if he's drafting from Fantasy Football Index...
i pity the fool who drafts from the fantasy index... :) ian allen is going to be working at taco bell next season.

Kind of pointless to speculate ADP for them because it's going to deviate drastically from draft to draft. Someone drafting from a magazine, or even FBG or other internet rankings from as recently as yesterday, will take Bell in the 3rd/4th in many drafts. So, you really can't plan on locking up Bell as insurance for Anderson. And while Anderson could be huge early on, he's still carries risk as an older player who has not been a feature back in a long time, is coming off a serious injury, and has a supposedly very capable young player waiting in the wings.

The real potential value came to those of us that have already drafted.
:goodposting:

Kind of pointless to speculate ADP for them because it's going to deviate drastically from draft to draft. Someone drafting from a magazine, or even FBG or other internet rankings from as recently as yesterday, will take Bell in the 3rd/4th in many drafts. So, you really can't plan on locking up Bell as insurance for Anderson. And while Anderson could be huge early on, he's still carries risk as an older player who has not been a feature back in a long time, is coming off a serious injury, and has a supposedly very capable young player waiting in the wings.

The real potential value came to those of us that have already drafted.
if you can get MA in third or fourth round next weekend, & he finishes year as top 5-10 RB, that ain't too shabby for value. risky, though, with his age, bell waiting in wings & no guarantee you get handcuff (or, as has been pointed out, it is now MUCH more expensive to accomplish).

Sitting on my 5th round pick as we speak, Bell gone but Anderson still there, damn but this is a risky pick!!!!!

Anderson's situation kinda reminds me of Owens...if the guy starts sixteen games this year, he'll be a superstud. But who knows if he starts just two games?

Actually Droughns closed out the last 3 weeks of the season with better stats than Bell. So technically, in the end, it was Droughns. Looking back over the stats, Bell had the one great game against Miami & that was it. Quite a bit of hype for a guy that really hasn't done much of anything.

Maybe Bell didn't get any looks tonight when it mattered because Shanny actually thinks that Anderson gives the team the best chance to win?Maybe Shanny listed Anderson as the #1 RB in training camp and essentially all preseason, since the starters will rest next week, because Shanny actually thinks that Anderson gives the team the best chance to win?Maybe Tatum Bell is a little more raw than many casual fans cared to acknowledge, where speed is the ONLY attribute he possesses that Anderson does not, and Shanny actually thinks Anderson's wealth of skills outweighs Bell's speed?Maybe Anderson is a heck of a lot better back than Reuben Droughns, and the fact that Bell ate into Droughns' playing time should not be expected when considering Anderson this year.Food for thought.

Maybe Bell didn't get any looks tonight when it mattered because Shanny actually thinks that Anderson gives the team the best chance to win?

Maybe Shanny listed Anderson as the #1 RB in training camp and essentially all preseason, since the starters will rest next week, because Shanny actually thinks that Anderson gives the team the best chance to win?

Maybe Tatum Bell is a little more raw than many casual fans cared to acknowledge, where speed is the ONLY attribute he possesses that Anderson does not, and Shanny actually thinks Anderson's wealth of skills outweighs Bell's speed?

Maybe Anderson is a heck of a lot better back than Reuben Droughns, and the fact that Bell ate into Droughns' playing time should not be expected when considering Anderson this year.

Food for thought.
Maybe people will begin comparing Bell to Bennett.

If the Denver running game goes like last year Dayne will be starting by week 5. I don't want to drown in the koolaid trying to figure who to and who not to draft for Denver RB's, to many other good RB's to draft this year. But Anderson looks as good as Q did at this time lastl year.
The significant difference is Anderson has proven he can be a legitimate NFL starting RB. Griffin had one good game and that's it. I never understood the fascination with Griffin last season.

Maybe Bell didn't get any looks tonight when it mattered because Shanny actually thinks that Anderson gives the team the best chance to win?

Maybe Shanny listed Anderson as the #1 RB in training camp and essentially all preseason, since the starters will rest next week, because Shanny actually thinks that Anderson gives the team the best chance to win?

Maybe Tatum Bell is a little more raw than many casual fans cared to acknowledge, where speed is the ONLY attribute he possesses that Anderson does not, and Shanny actually thinks Anderson's wealth of skills outweighs Bell's speed?

Maybe Anderson is a heck of a lot better back than Reuben Droughns, and the fact that Bell ate into Droughns' playing time should not be expected when considering Anderson this year.

Food for thought.
Maybe people will begin comparing Bell to Bennett.
Bell's gotta have a Pro Bowl-caliber season first. ;)

The significant difference is Anderson has proven he can be a legitimate NFL starting RB. Griffin had one good game and that's it. I never understood the fascination with Griffin last season.
Did you see his feet? Did you look at his feet? :lmao:

The value is there, but if you're focusing on the playoffs I'm not sure that Anderson is the guy.

The value is there, but if you're focusing on the playoffs I'm not sure that Anderson is the guy.
That's my concern with Anderson. I have the same concern about Thomas Jones and Ronnie Brown as well. All of those guys could be strong first-half plays, but will you able to count on them as RB2s for the stretch run? With Anderson you have Bell; with Jones you have Benson (assuming he signs) and with Brown you have Ricky.

That's my concern with Anderson. I have the same concern about Thomas Jones and Ronnie Brown as well. All of those guys could be strong first-half plays, but will you able to count on them as RB2s for the stretch run? With Anderson you have Bell; with Jones you have Benson (assuming he signs) and with Brown you have Ricky.
I think those are legitmate concerns about Jones and Anderson, but I wouldn't be too concerned about Ronnie Brown come playoff time.

I think those are legitmate concerns about Jones and Anderson, but I wouldn't be too concerned about Ronnie Brown come playoff time.
You don't think Ricky's going to be a factor as the season goes along if he remains in Miami?

Mike Anderson just did exactly what Shanahan hoped he would do...he just kicked the door down and clearly is the #1 RB if there was any doubt before.Where does Mike Anderson go in re-drafts tomorrow?Is Mike Anderson now a possible 5th rounder?

Am I the only person who believes that Mike Anderson isn't durable enough to last the entire season? Hasn't he been dinged on and off since the start of the 2001 season? I know he's played fullback, but I find it interesting that nobody brings that up when talking about this guy.

Food for thought.
Did you not notice the speed of MA during the 93 yarder TD where noone caught him from behind until the last lunge? I guess he has enough game speed for the NFL. :towelwave:

Mike Anderson just did exactly what Shanahan hoped he would do...he just kicked the door down and clearly is the #1 RB if there was any doubt before.

Where does Mike Anderson go in re-drafts tomorrow?

Is Mike Anderson now a possible 5th rounder?
LOLMike Anderson will go in the second round of some drafts now. In most shark leagues he should be a third rounder, and in leagues where not everyone can stay current, he'll fall to the fourth.

Mike Anderson just did exactly what Shanahan hoped he would do...he just kicked the door down and clearly is the #1 RB if there was any doubt before.

Where does Mike Anderson go in re-drafts tomorrow?

Is Mike Anderson now a possible 5th rounder?
Read the 30 or so posts before yours to see what others think..I'd guess late 3rd/early 4th..

I don't think Bell would last to 5.12.According to the pick value calculator, the value of the 3.12 and 4.01 is equal to the value of the 8th overall pick.

Is wrapping up the Denver running game worth the 8th overall pick? I'm not so sure. On one hand, you're erased all injury concerns and have your player's handcuff. On the other, I'm far from convinced that you'll be able to accurately start the right player each week to give you RB1 production.

1.12 Julius Jones

2.01 Peyton Manning

3.12 Tatum Bell

4.01 Mike Anderson

:goodposting: FWIW, I drafted in one of my two main leagues last night, and locked up the Denver backfield with my 4th and 6th rounders. My first 6, which may be what some folks can look for if you're looking for the Denver backfield. I strongly advocate going RB-WR-DenRB-DenRB at the turn if you have to.

1.11 Portis

2.02 Moss

3.11 Gates

4.02 Bell

5.11 Bulger

6.02 MAnderson

1.12 Julius Jones

2.01 Peyton Manning

3.12 Tatum Bell

4.01 Mike Anderson

:goodposting: FWIW, I drafted in one of my two main leagues last night, and locked up the Denver backfield with my 4th and 6th rounders. My first 6, which may be what some folks can look for if you're looking for the Denver backfield. I strongly advocate going RB-WR-DenRB-DenRB at the turn if you have to.

1.11 Portis

2.02 Moss

3.11 Gates

4.02 Bell

5.11 Bulger

6.02 MAnderson
You shouldn't have much problem winning every week with that lineup. Nice drafting.

I got him in the 14th round :-0
He was very impressive tonight. But more importantly, he's been very impressive for about two months now. Shannahan, Dayne, Bell AND Plummer have all said that Anderson's the guy. And he is. He's strong and he's going to get the touches inside the five.Droughns ranked 14th last season. I think Anderson's got a very good chance of ranking just as high if not better.

Am I the only person who believes that Mike Anderson isn't durable enough to last the entire season? Hasn't he been dinged on and off since the start of the 2001 season? I know he's played fullback, but I find it interesting that nobody brings that up when talking about this guy.
Is that really the issue here? He's not durable enough to last all season so we pimp his backup to the point where he passes the #1 RB in ADP? Bell to me should be taken around Larry Johnson's range...in the best backup slot, not as a #1.

Users who are viewing this thread