What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MNF Thread (1 Viewer)

Apparently you believe Philly made a mistake in deciding that the team was better off without TO, even though in the short run it may cost them some losses.
Nah...I just like to play devil's advocate from time to time to create some spirited discussion. :stirspot: If I'm Andy Reid and the Eagles, I never sign TO without an attitude clause in the first place. Additionally, if I didn't have the foresight for such a clause I would have got rid of him or suspended him on his second act of subordinance...not his 10th.

The Eagles messed this one up a long time ago.
Phillie's biggest mistake was not addressing T.O.'s contract at the beginning of this season. As an organization they are cocky when it comes to negotiating with players. T.O wanted a guaranteed contract because the original contract HE signed was backloaded. Yes it was T.O.'s fault for siging the contract but at the same time the Eagles need to realize that if you have arguably the best reciever in the NFL you need to pay him.
So it's the Eagles fault that Owens signed a relatively "Eagles favorable" long term deal?!?!?Geez.

I know it's been said before, but once again, if he wanted a re-negotiate after one year, he should have signed a one year deal when he came to the Eagles. Just because he hires a new agent, doesn't mean that any previous contract are null and void, no matter what Rosenhaus says.

Back in the day when Reggie Jackson was the "straw that stirs the drink" and George and Billy and Reggie were constantly one-upping each other in the press, they won a lot of games and some World Championships.

Reid should take note on this. Run the $#@# ball when you have the lead. Throwing the ball a gazillion time in the game will get you this. Stupid play calling is what it is!!!

As a Dallas fan.........I'm not thrilled with how they played. It concerns me that they couldn't run the ball more effectively..........I know Philly has been tough vs. run (which is even more impressive what Denver did to them......2 backs over 100 yards, Denver is tough) but I thought Philly as a team played solid.

Obviously as a fan, we take a win. As I mentioned earlier, Dallas outplayed Washington and Seattle this season and lost at the end of the 4th quarters, so I guess they're getting one back here. But the ultimate goal in every season is to win the SB..........Dallas will have to improve if they're thinking anything about that.
ok Kid Rock, this being the 2nd time you've brought it up, let me refresh: that 13-0 4th quarter lead was the result of 2 field goals and a 70-yard flea-flicker. Not "dominant" in my book.

And keep up the :cry: because last night's game doesn't erase squat.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to that *uckaneer tape :cry:

Reid should take note on this. Run the $#@# ball when you have the lead. Throwing the ball a gazillion time in the game will get you this.

Stupid play calling is what it is!!!
I have no problem with a pass on 2 and 7 when you needa first down to ice the game. I think that Reid's biggest mistake was bringing McNabb back in after the interception. It was obvious that his injury was severe enough that it prevented him from throwing a decent ball.

He could have brought in McMahon at that point with 2:30 on the clock and a chance to drive for the game winning FG.

Users who are viewing this thread