What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Van Halen Album (1 Viewer)

I agree with gil about most of his observations.

EVH, AVH, WVH brought it and it was phenomenal. DLR honestly I think the mix was bad or he just can't sin loud enough anymore. I barely understood a word he sang during the songs. He actually stopped the show 2 songs in the get a new mic or ear piece.

I don't know if it's cause we were close or what but was tough hearing Dave

He did throw in his ad libs and mild screams so that was cool. Ran to the bathroom during one song and honestly they sounded awesone out on the patio, Roth sounded better out there.

People were commenting how much better he sounded.

Inside though the band sounded awesome. Still say the mix was off. DLR sounded great during ice cream man

Highly enjoyed it

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with gil about most of his observations.

EVH, AVH, WVH brought it and it was phenomenal. DLR honestly I think the mix was bad or he just can't sin loud enough anymore. I barely understood a word he sang during the songs. He actually stopped the show 2 songs in the get a new mic or ear piece.

I don't know if it's cause we were close or what but was tough hearing Dave

He did throw in his ad libs and mild screams so that was cool. Ran to the bathroom during one song and honestly they sounded awesone out on the patio, Roth sounded better out there.

People were commenting how much better he sounded.

Inside though the band sounded awesome. Still say the mix was off. DLR sounded great during ice cream man

Highly enjoyed it
Interesting...buddy & I weren't super close to stage but when we took bathroom/beer break we noticed sound was much better out from under tent that covers seats.

I'll admit I had a bunch of beers in me and the recordings I got on my phone actually sounds fantastic but you can definitely tell the difference between the first two songs before Roth got his issue fixed and after he was way better

I passed on seeing them in Chicago, didn't want to see a potential trainwreck.

Any DLR album > Hagar. Basically two different bands.

Eddie Van Halen turned 61 today (Tuesday, January 26), and one of his well-wishers was none other than former VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar, who tweeted: "Happy Birthday Eddie - hope you're doing good". To many fans' surprise, Eddie responded to Sammy's tweet, writing: "Thanks Sammy. Hope you're well too.

Were there not stories that Eddie and Dave still do not get along and that it pretty much was how things started? DLR is rather annoying and comes across pretty dumb like perhaps the drugs might have taken their toll in his early days. Not knocking him, always was a big fan and what he did during his time with the band.

I also am fan of Hagar and appreciate some of the albums and shows I saw when he was the singer. But thru it all I always liked Eddie's guitar playing above all, the band knows it. Eddie is on the Holy Grail of guitarists and he is still f'n alive.

So I don't care who they wheel out there but just keep touring and producing music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eddie Van Halen turned 61 today (Tuesday, January 26), and one of his well-wishers was none other than former VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar, who tweeted: "Happy Birthday Eddie - hope you're doing good". To many fans' surprise, Eddie responded to Sammy's tweet, writing: "Thanks Sammy. Hope you're well too.
Ed was just trolling Sammy's grammar.

Ed was just trolling Sammy's grammar.
have you seen sammy's grades?

Users who are viewing this thread