What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New York Jets disaster (1 Viewer)

Jet presser: Meet the new head of the Jets family.....Rex is essentially now running the Jets...he'll get "input' from the GM...unreal

'GordonGekko said:
Jets reportedly fire Sparano. Rex Ryan appears to be safe. He must have compromising pictures of Woody Johnson with a dog and a cow.
Mike Pettine saved Rex Ryan's job. The basis of the extension offer to Pettine was that the Jets wanted the Ryan scheme and coaching tree but without the actual Ryan media baggage and legacy to Mark Sanchez. Pettine owes his entire career to Rex Ryan. Pettine could have rested on his laurels, from his family football pedigree and been Eric Taylor 3.0. Instead he flushed out a relatively easy path and tenure to handle game tape for the Ravens for pennies. Low level staff in the NFL make nothing. There's a high school kid who works part time at my godson's comic book store that probably made more this week than Pettine then. Ryan picked him out of the crowd and groomed him. For rejecting the Jets offer, Woody Johnson promptly drove a knife in Pettine's back. Just like he drove one into Tannebaum's back over the Drew Stanton trade. The one time a year that you are allowed to lie baldface and in the open in the NFL is during draft season. No one is telling the truth or only parts of it, so everyone has to let it go, no harm, no foul. Pettine was a known and planned funnel for Jet's specific misinformation to the press to divert attention away from certain draft prospects they liked by making it seemed like they wanted others. Instead Johnson spun it that Pettine was a rat who turned on Ryan and was selling Ryan out to the press because he wanted his job. Right now Rex Ryan is an emotional wreck in private. Lots of people internally in the league who know him are worried about Ryan, esp as he is not in the mental state to best defend his interests, and instead of Pettine covering his own good name to the press, which would force Ryan to essentially resign for his dignity and forfeit the rest of his contract, Pettine just stood in front of the bullets.Despite all his misgivings, and save a few malcontents who would be team cancers anywhere, most players want to play and many coaches want to coach for Rex Ryan. Very few NFL coaches reach players to that that ride or die mentality. Rod Marinelli, who sadly struggled as a head coach, his guys would walk through broken glass and landmines for. Mike Zimmer, after his wife died, his players simply willed themselves as a unit to savage anyone in their path, like they were on a personal crusade. Rex Ryan is one of those guys. So very little is made I believe, of Pete Carroll getting his players, there's a lot of talent in Seattle, but it's not particularly overwhelming, to buy in completely. Very few coaches can truly "coach up" when facing a specific level of talent. It's very hard to do at this level. Forget the media pundits and the feet scandal and his overactive mouth in the past, Ryan is one of those guys. Ryan is a good coach, in the wrong job now, being held onto for the wrong reasons. It's a lot easier to find a new job than it is to be a good coach at this level. Ryan, long term, is going to be fine, it just won't be in NY and he's going to have to wait a few years to find the right path.
Where do you get this info? Do you have legitimate sources or is this all just wild speculation on your part?

Last edited by a moderator:
'GordonGekko said:
Jets reportedly fire Sparano. Rex Ryan appears to be safe. He must have compromising pictures of Woody Johnson with a dog and a cow.
Mike Pettine saved Rex Ryan's job. The basis of the extension offer to Pettine was that the Jets wanted the Ryan scheme and coaching tree but without the actual Ryan media baggage and legacy to Mark Sanchez. Pettine owes his entire career to Rex Ryan. Pettine could have rested on his laurels, from his family football pedigree and been Eric Taylor 3.0. Instead he flushed out a relatively easy path and tenure to handle game tape for the Ravens for pennies. Low level staff in the NFL make nothing. There's a high school kid who works part time at my godson's comic book store that probably made more this week than Pettine then. Ryan picked him out of the crowd and groomed him. For rejecting the Jets offer, Woody Johnson promptly drove a knife in Pettine's back. Just like he drove one into Tannebaum's back over the Drew Stanton trade. The one time a year that you are allowed to lie baldface and in the open in the NFL is during draft season. No one is telling the truth or only parts of it, so everyone has to let it go, no harm, no foul. Pettine was a known and planned funnel for Jet's specific misinformation to the press to divert attention away from certain draft prospects they liked by making it seemed like they wanted others. Instead Johnson spun it that Pettine was a rat who turned on Ryan and was selling Ryan out to the press because he wanted his job. Right now Rex Ryan is an emotional wreck in private. Lots of people internally in the league who know him are worried about Ryan, esp as he is not in the mental state to best defend his interests, and instead of Pettine covering his own good name to the press, which would force Ryan to essentially resign for his dignity and forfeit the rest of his contract, Pettine just stood in front of the bullets.Despite all his misgivings, and save a few malcontents who would be team cancers anywhere, most players want to play and many coaches want to coach for Rex Ryan. Very few NFL coaches reach players to that that ride or die mentality. Rod Marinelli, who sadly struggled as a head coach, his guys would walk through broken glass and landmines for. Mike Zimmer, after his wife died, his players simply willed themselves as a unit to savage anyone in their path, like they were on a personal crusade. Rex Ryan is one of those guys. So very little is made I believe, of Pete Carroll getting his players, there's a lot of talent in Seattle, but it's not particularly overwhelming, to buy in completely. Very few coaches can truly "coach up" when facing a specific level of talent. It's very hard to do at this level. Forget the media pundits and the feet scandal and his overactive mouth in the past, Ryan is one of those guys. Ryan is a good coach, in the wrong job now, being held onto for the wrong reasons. It's a lot easier to find a new job than it is to be a good coach at this level. Ryan, long term, is going to be fine, it just won't be in NY and he's going to have to wait a few years to find the right path.
Where do you get this info? Do you have legitimate sources or is this all just wild speculation on your part?
Either way, :popcorn:Francesa has been awesome on today's press conference - a solid hour. And that's with the whole Melo-drama with the Knicks last night and a sexual assault allegation against an unnamed Net.-QG

'Kiddnets said:
'TLEF316 said:
Can you post the recipe you use? Yes, I'm going there. I don't like the stadium either. The parking situation sucks as well. I brought a client to the 49er game this year and gave them a parking pass. As a result, I didn't get one. Had to pay 35 bucks to park 5 miles away and take a bus. Then the bus dropped me off on the opposite side of the stadium as the entrance to the suites. Got to stadium at 12:15 and still missed most of the first quarter by the time I finally sat down
I say the same thing every home game.....$1.8B for this? Not one "wow" factor in the stadium. Only thing of note is the ridiculous number of suites and clubs to gouge more monney....whoever designed it should never work again....tough to park....very few entrances to get in and out of the stadium - not enough bathrooms and ones they do have are too small. Regular food (non club - suite) stinks - Its really bad.
I think the most absurd fact about the stadium is that it's a few miles outside of Manhattan and you can't see the NYC skyline from anywhere in the stadium. It's a giant bowl of a stadium that could be anywhere.

'Kiddnets said:
'=Smackdown= said:
So Rex is basically Director of football operations?
Not in title - but he stood next to the owner and sure as heck sounded like he was running the Jets.
This is so insane on so many levels. I don't even know what to say about it. And now it looks like Cohen is the frontrunner for the GM job. Seriously?

If they hire Cohen, I'm seriously giving up. I've joked about this in the past, but unless this guy owns a time machine and has already gone into the future to figure out what players are good, its a laughable move.I don't know what team I'd switch to, but whoever it is, I think I'd be entitled to do so.

'GordonGekko said:
'Mentos said:
Where do you get this info? Do you have legitimate sources?
I suppose this question was going to come up at some point, so it's probably just best to address it once so it can be left alone. I get a lot of hard intel the same way that an Adam Schefter or Jay Glazer do, but I don't have the same entanglements and commitments and responsibilities that they carry. ( These guys, if you include guys like LaCanfora, Clayton and Mortensen, have to deal with agents, GMs, players, players families, college coaches, entourages, their own PR departments, etc, etc. The job they do is a very very very hard job and a constant juggling act and 90 percent of the things they know, they can't talk about) Also they do it for a living, so there is always a glow of a "transaction" about who and how they deal with people and people with them whereas I have no financial interests tied to my knowledge base and resources. In some areas, I get information differently than a Glazer or Schefter, and in some cases I tap into certain resources that they don't or can't. Obviously, flip it around, their open celebrity status and the network support around them gives them all kinds of access that I can't and don't get as well. Schefter went to journalism school and worked for the press. I'm an old man with lots of trigger time. Different ways to skin the cat. Something that will help most people understand is that the NFL is basically like any other niche industry with closed ranks. There's going to be internal politics, nepotism and a certain work culture that is pervasive. Power players and those with influence will emerge and churn. And like any bureaucracy, it can only function normally with the flow of information moving through certain bottlenecks and choke points. Those who can mine those areas best usually have the best intel. Given my limitations, and given theirs, I would consider myself informally as a very good football analyst. When I first came to FBG, I stayed mostly in the FFA area and didn't venture to this side too much. But I saw a thread many months ago talking about the general decline of the Shark Pool and it's quality and I was curious to myself if I could raise the level of discussion here for at least one season. I've always loved football and always have followed it intensively, I suppose I just never put a lot of my football specific thoughts to type. I've been on these boards a long time, the Staff here generally leaves me alone, they know I know how to handle myself and handle people who try to incite me, and I find I have quite a bit of freedom to just talk football, so I do. I genuinely feel for Cecil Lammey and the Ronnie Hillman/Knowshown Moreno thing. There is a lot of cloud out there in the information age and team/personnel/contract situations can change on a dime. It's not easy to put yourself out there, mostly with the motive to help people, and then eat a ton of backlash. There's a reason why, over the years, you see guys like deranged hermit and Yudkin and a few others just say less and less about what they know about the league. Hopefully I've helped a few teams win this year. Or at least look at the game in a different way, from the view of agents, PR, legacies, etc. I'm not sure I want to deal with another football season with a tool like ConnSkins in my face all day. I'm an old man leaning into my Hyman Roth era and frankly that much vitriol is more than I want to deal with to just talk football. As is my way here, maybe I'll take a couple of years off. I suspect if I do give some analysis next fantasy season, I will probably be very well read here. Lester Freamon - "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the #### that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
I have enjoyed your posts. Was just naturally curious. I don't have relationships with people in the league really. There was a time last year when I had an hour long phone conversation with a fellow who has been friends with Belichick for a long time. He had spoken to Belichick the previous night. He also knows a bunch of personnel people throughout the league. Only thing I learned was that multiple people in the league think the Jets should have cut Antonio Cromartie after the 2011 season because he is a bad teammate. Heh. His teammates voted him the Jets MVP this season.

If they hire Cohen, I'm seriously giving up. I've joked about this in the past, but unless this guy owns a time machine and has already gone into the future to figure out what players are good, its a laughable move.I don't know what team I'd switch to, but whoever it is, I think I'd be entitled to do so.
Of course Cohen is gaining steam...did you guys see that train wreck today? Caldwell dumped the Jets for the freaking Jags and I dont blame him! I would be shocked if Gamble took the job....Cohen is the only one desperate enough to play along.....I am being completely serious when I say I haven't been this depressed since the Kotite days.

'QuizGuy66 said:
'Mentos said:
'GordonGekko said:
Either way, :popcorn:Francesa has been awesome on today's press conference - a solid hour. And that's with the whole Melo-drama with the Knicks last night and a sexual assault allegation against an unnamed Net.-QG
Francesa completely anti Jet biased but he is right on the money today - Rex acted like a newly hired coach given full authoirty and an extension. How do you do that after a 6 win season? Then allow him input to pick his supposed "boss"? Then says if Rex fails to make the playoffs for the 3rd consecutive year he wouldn't be fired! I cant believe what I saw today.....

I didn't see it. Was he asked why he was on vacation last week? Obviously, that vacation could not have been planned much in advance. It was more important than making coaching changes and looking for a new GM.

I didn't see it. Was he asked why he was on vacation last week? Obviously, that vacation could not have been planned much in advance. It was more important than making coaching changes and looking for a new GM.
He addressed it on Kay. Basically said that he always takes time off after the season around the ProPowl since he goes to Hawaii for that anyway. This year, with no GM in place they have not done their coaches review yet since there isn't an audience until they hire a new one. He decided to do it now because he thought it was the best down time before things for crazy with a new regimeIn other words, Woody made him leave so he didn't accidentally talk

He addressed it on Kay. Basically said that he always takes time off after the season around the ProPowl since he goes to Hawaii for that anyway. This year, with no GM in place they have not done their coaches review yet since there isn't an audience until they hire a new one. He decided to do it now because he thought it was the best down time before things for crazy with a new regimeIn other words, Woody made him leave so he didn't accidentally talk
Yes. Because he loves feet so much they are usually in his mouth.

You'd definitely be entitled. I'd love to switch teams. I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to, but I really despise being a Jets fan.

You'd definitely be entitled. I'd love to switch teams. I know for a fact that I wouldn't be able to, but I really despise being a Jets fan.
I would never switch because of bad play. I wouldn't switch because of bad draft picks. But if they seriously hire Tannenbaum's freaking assistant as the new GM, I think i might just lose it.

This franchise has gone from pathetic to laughable to embarrassing to this. I don't have a word to describe "this". Clusterflock is inadequate. I wonder if the next thing is hiring Rob and then an expose on in-law wife swiping. The spin would be something like "well, it only involved feet."From the owner to the QB... this team is a bad joke. At this point to make fun of them would be like picking on a dead guy at his wake. It just can't get any worse...but... I think it will. How that is possible I have no idea, but the Jets will find a way. :unsure:

I would never switch because of bad play. I wouldn't switch because of bad draft picks. But if they seriously hire Tannenbaum's freaking assistant as the new GM, I think i might just lose it.
I completely agree. Hiring the assistant and protege of the person you just fired is the sign of an organization who has no idea what's going on. And the fact that Rex will have some say in the GM search is even more insane. I've been through more than enough bad football with this team, and I can handle that. But this is an absolute circus.

'GordonGekko said:
'Mentos said:
...I'm an old man leaning into my Hyman Roth era and frankly that much vitriol is more than I want to deal with to just talk football. As is my way here, maybe I'll take a couple of years off. I suspect if I do give some analysis next fantasy season, I will probably be very well read here. Lester Freamon - "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the #### that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Hey GordonGekko. I appreciate your posts on this board. I'm not a big poster but do enjoy reading and the community here. Don't let it get under your skin. Thanks for the insight "old man"...Keep it up.

Francesa completely anti Jet biased but he is right on the money today - Rex acted like a newly hired coach given full authoirty and an extension. How do you do that after a 6 win season? Then allow him input to pick his supposed "boss"? Then says if Rex fails to make the playoffs for the 3rd consecutive year he wouldn't be fired! I cant believe what I saw today.....
Since when is Francesa anti-Jet? :confused: :lmao: -QG

I completely agree. Hiring the assistant and protege of the person you just fired is the sign of an organization who has no idea what's going on. And the fact that Rex will have some say in the GM search is even more insane. I've been through more than enough bad football with this team, and I can handle that. But this is an absolute circus.
I am not sure if I like football anymore.

I like your stuff too GG :) :popcorn: level stuffAre my Bengals locked up like Fort Knox on info? Sorry that's a threadjack, but would love to see you in the Bengals thread any time :)It is pretty funny that Rob Ryan got let go right after the Jets announced a new DC. Do they do a Drew Stanton on him and bring Rob in?-QG

You're kidding right? Francesa has notoriously been anti-Jet for a number of years.

You're kidding right? Francesa has notoriously been anti-Jet for a number of years.
(I was kidding, that's why I added the :lmao: in there - he's wonderfully anti-Jets) :) -QG

Don't you love farce?My fault, I fear...But where are the clowns?There ought to be clowns.Quick, send in the clowns....And where are the clowns?Quick, send in the clowns.Don't bother - they're here.

(I was kidding, that's why I added the :lmao: in there - he's wonderfully anti-Jets) :) -QG
:lmao: I was going to say - I think we're from the same area and that you listen to him (and dare I say you may be even more anti-Jet than he is ;) )

LOL, You had me head-scratching, also, until I scrolled down and saw the smiley. I am an Eagles fan, but wanted a local team to follow and they have few game conflicts being in AFC. I wore a Jets cap to the supermarket and the checkout kid asked if I was a Jets fan. I said I used to be, but now it is just a hat. :)

impossible to switch teams... only excuse could be a team moving out of state...i know i couldn't do it.., i wish i could, rooting for this team is like a perpetual root canal..i know short term the answer would be a lot of fantasy football and pretty much forgetting about the jets until they are bad enough for the owner to hand the reigns over to a competent gm, sell, and or stumble into the #1 pick in a franchise qb year that they dont screw up.., but of course when they had the #1 pick in 96 P Manning decided to stay in school.. classic jets right there...the franchise needs a qb, all franchises need a qb, its one of the hardest things to do in all of sports, get a franchise qb, where would NO saints be without Brees? He fell out of the sky as a Free Agent.. wow...It can all come together in a perfect storm like the Bucs a few years back with a serviceable QB like Brad J.. but the reality is, this is a QB league and the Jets probably have the least offensive minded person at the helm in a time when you need offensive minds at the helm... greta job woody..its depressing as hell..but I'll still root for this pathetic franchise, im stuck with them.. i do wish we'd get a real gm right now tho... at least it would make the offseason a little more tolerable...

Too late for me, but Im sure my kids are probably going to grow up being Giants fans if this organization doesn't straighten up within the next few years. That's what sucks about this circus. Its not just a bad season here and there, or even a slump, which happens and is survivable...these clowns are killing off a life-long fan base with this level of incompetence.

The crazy thing is that the Jets are only a few years removed from back to back AFCGC appearances....I'm sure thats what Woody is thinking....the problem is look whats gone on since then....the entire team and coaching staff has regressed. However - its time to turn the page - Rex is here and if the captain of the ship....they can win with him as they have done before....the recipe though is keep him as a glorified DC and cheerleader on ....they MUST land a top offensive mind. Almost sell it as a co-HC....while the Jet situation is a mess - I can see a top OC wanting to come because they can build it from scratch and have complete control over the O. A Rex/Norv pairing is one of the few fits that I think could work. They need to dump Sanchez cold turkey and eat the $....get a stop gap QB and draft a QB in the 2-4 rds every year until they get it right....its that important. It will be almost impossible to win in 2013 with the cap and Sanchez situation....they will have a ton of cap room in 2014 - if they do awful in 2013 (not a stretch) but install a better offense, get younger/faster playmakers and get antother top pick then reload for 2014....Jets arent beating the Pats anytime soon. Brady had about 5 yrs left - if the Jets rebuild properly they can make a nice run in 2014 and beyond....am I confident it will happen? Heck no but it is possible....God help us!

This is total tinfoil hat stuff and pure conjecture, but at this point almost anything seems possible with the Jets. What if there is an alternate reason Rex has been so loyal to Sanchez? What if the tattoo thing is more than skin deep? What if Rex's obvious hostility towards Tebow had more to it? Rex's fetish for feet was found out because he was posting pictures of his wife's feet online. What if the Ryans' sharing went further than that?What if Mark Sanchez has been invited into the Mrs. Ryan toe sucking and that's why Rex has protected him over and over again? :popcorn:

'Witz said:
'QuizGuy66 said:
'Witz said:
'QuizGuy66 said:
'Kiddnets said:
Since when is Francesa anti-Jet? :confused: :lmao:

-QG
:lmao: I was going to say - I think we're from the same area and that you listen to him (and dare I say you may be even more anti-Jet than he is ;) )
:bowtie: Btw, pretty amazing that Francesa spent the entire 5 1/2 hour show on the Jets yesterday - that's a lot even by his standards.

-QG

'GordonGekko said:
'Mentos said:
I suppose this question was going to come up at some point, so it's probably just best to address it once so it can be left alone. I get a lot of hard intel the same way that an Adam Schefter or Jay Glazer do, but I don't have the same entanglements and commitments and responsibilities that they carry. ( These guys, if you include guys like LaCanfora, Clayton and Mortensen, have to deal with agents, GMs, players, players families, college coaches, entourages, their own PR departments, etc, etc. The job they do is a very very very hard job and a constant juggling act and 90 percent of the things they know, they can't talk about) Also they do it for a living, so there is always a glow of a "transaction" about who and how they deal with people and people with them whereas I have no financial interests tied to my knowledge base and resources. In some areas, I get information differently than a Glazer or Schefter, and in some cases I tap into certain resources that they don't or can't. Obviously, flip it around, their open celebrity status and the network support around them gives them all kinds of access that I can't and don't get as well. Schefter went to journalism school and worked for the press. I'm an old man with lots of trigger time. Different ways to skin the cat. Something that will help most people understand is that the NFL is basically like any other niche industry with closed ranks. There's going to be internal politics, nepotism and a certain work culture that is pervasive. Power players and those with influence will emerge and churn. And like any bureaucracy, it can only function normally with the flow of information moving through certain bottlenecks and choke points. Those who can mine those areas best usually have the best intel. Given my limitations, and given theirs, I would consider myself informally as a very good football analyst. When I first came to FBG, I stayed mostly in the FFA area and didn't venture to this side too much. But I saw a thread many months ago talking about the general decline of the Shark Pool and it's quality and I was curious to myself if I could raise the level of discussion here for at least one season. I've always loved football and always have followed it intensively, I suppose I just never put a lot of my football specific thoughts to type. I've been on these boards a long time, the Staff here generally leaves me alone, they know I know how to handle myself and handle people who try to incite me, and I find I have quite a bit of freedom to just talk football, so I do. I genuinely feel for Cecil Lammey and the Ronnie Hillman/Knowshown Moreno thing. There is a lot of cloud out there in the information age and team/personnel/contract situations can change on a dime. It's not easy to put yourself out there, mostly with the motive to help people, and then eat a ton of backlash. There's a reason why, over the years, you see guys like deranged hermit and Yudkin and a few others just say less and less about what they know about the league. Hopefully I've helped a few teams win this year. Or at least look at the game in a different way, from the view of agents, PR, legacies, etc. I'm not sure I want to deal with another football season with a tool like ConnSkins in my face all day. I'm an old man leaning into my Hyman Roth era and frankly that much vitriol is more than I want to deal with to just talk football. As is my way here, maybe I'll take a couple of years off. I suspect if I do give some analysis next fantasy season, I will probably be very well read here. Lester Freamon - "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the #### that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
I questioned you one time. Once. About a fairly ballsy assertion that Shanahan cared more about winning in the short-term than the entire franchises future. I may have gone overboard implying that if you did know anything, it was couched in so much bull#### as to be useless, but as a Skins fan that is a particularly touchy subject and I probably went a little overboard. If that one interaction turned you off of the shark pool entirely, then I apologize, as it wasn't my intent. You bring something to the place that others don't, and that's never a bad thing. You see lots of trolling, grandstanding, and **** measuring around here, but not much in the way of apologies. So I hope that you take this one with the sincerity with which it was meant.

This is total tinfoil hat stuff and pure conjecture, but at this point almost anything seems possible with the Jets. What if there is an alternate reason Rex has been so loyal to Sanchez? What if the tattoo thing is more than skin deep? What if Rex's obvious hostility towards Tebow had more to it? Rex's fetish for feet was found out because he was posting pictures of his wife's feet online. What if the Ryans' sharing went further than that?What if Mark Sanchez has been invited into the Mrs. Ryan toe sucking and that's why Rex has protected him over and over again? :popcorn:
Honestly, it would at least explain the lapdog loyalty and ubercreepy tattoo. The question is how does Woody play into this? The Rex-influenced GM search is bizarre...

Honestly, it would at least explain the lapdog loyalty and ubercreepy tattoo. The question is how does Woody play into this? The Rex-influenced GM search is bizarre...
Woody walked in on Sanchez licking Mrs. Ryan's feet and liked it.

Sanchez may suck as a QB, but give him some credit, the guy was banging Kate Upton. Why would he even have to consider dumpster diving for Ryan's wife?

Sanchez may suck as a QB, but give him some credit, the guy was banging Kate Upton. Why would he even have to consider dumpster diving for Ryan's wife?
Perhaps because he not only sucks as a qb. Maybe there are 10 other things he sucks.

Just spitballing, but maybe to lock up an NFL starting gig (and a contract acceleration/extension) after it was painfully obvious that he's a brutal turnover machine? In any event, what is happening to/at the Jets is very odd.

Of course Cohen is gaining steam...did you guys see that train wreck today? Caldwell dumped the Jets for the freaking Jags and I dont blame him! I would be shocked if Gamble took the job....Cohen is the only one desperate enough to play along.....I am being completely serious when I say I haven't been this depressed since the Kotite days.
So Caldwell steps in and fires Mularkey. Pretty clear why he didn't take the Jets job.

So Caldwell steps in and fires Mularkey. Pretty clear why he didn't take the Jets job.
:yes: -QG

I questioned you one time. Once. About a fairly ballsy assertion that Shanahan cared more about winning in the short-term than the entire franchises future. I may have gone overboard implying that if you did know anything, it was couched in so much bull#### as to be useless, but as a Skins fan that is a particularly touchy subject and I probably went a little overboard.
after watching Shanny let RG3 shred his knee in the playoffs, it seems that fairly ballsy assertion was dead nuts accurate.

fwiw my take on the rex sanchez tattoo is that it's a tat of his wife and chicks love to wear mark sanchez' jersey. I'd bet money she has a number 6 somewhere.

It is one thing for fans and media to speculate and criticize, but it was nice to hear Westhoff come out the other day and call them a mess (or technically that may have been restricted to use of Tebow; didn't hear all)(OT- QuizGuy-- Don't forget to come by the FFA this weekend and make your stock pick. All others welcome, too. QG came in 2nd last year. :thumbup: )

Users who are viewing this thread