What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New York Jets @ Pittsburgh Steelers (2 Viewers)

Who do you think will win?

• Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steelers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As a steeler fan, I think the best part of this game is the fact that they did win a game that they very well could have (and maybe should have) lost. In years past (as we all know well), the steelers would have lost this game. But for the first time in about 15 years, a few bounces actually went our way in a playoff game and we got lucky. With all that said, I highly doubt the pats or colts will see this same team on the field next week. The difference between this Steelers team from teams of past years is that they find a way to win. AFter watching the game (and most importantly the outcome of the game), I have more confidence in this team than I've had all season long. This will be a special year steelers fans............

Well deserved miss. Back in to the wildcard, get lucky in SD, get absolutely pummeled in Pittsburgh and still win? Not if there are football gods they won't.
pummeled?absolutely pummeled?

what ####ing game are you watching?
I'm watching the team wearing the green shirts barely put up 275 yards of offense and 3 points? Thats the game I'm watching.I'm watching the team wearing the green shirts get drilled into the ground on defense while the Steeler offensive line mauls them, and the only thing not making them the goat is two boneheaded plays by a rookie QB and a miracle punt return. Thats the ###### game......oops......the game I just watched.

:stillers:
you're beyond myopic if you think the Steelers pummeled them.nice win, but go ahead and try and join us in reality again.
Not a Steelers fan by any stretch, I just think they make for a much better game than the Jets. There are a dozen high shools I'd rather watch than that boring nonsense.Using the term 'pummel' simply refers to the fact that while Pittsburgh didn't make the greatest showing, the Jets did absolutely nothing out there. 2 lousy passes and a fumble made this game close. It could very well have been 30-3 without a few Steeler mistakes. The 3 points the Jets scored on offense, however, was truly about all that bunch could muster.
Wow, gotta love the bitterness of a Charger fan who is upset that his team wasn't out there getting "pummeled" by the Steelers. I'm sure they would've done MUCH better :rolleyes: This game is absolute proof that you do not need a ridiculous offense to win, or even stay in games. The Jets had 3 offensive points, but the fact that they had 14 points between their D and their special teams proves this. If a team is balanced on all sides of the football, then they can play against nearly any team. Sure, it could have been 30-3 Steelers, but it just as easily could have been 20-17 Jets, so what is the point of the shoulda/coulda/wouldas?? It's beyond me how you could say the Steelers pummeled the Jets. The Jets aveaged .3 yards per carry less than the Steelers, and Pennington had very similar stats compared to Ben. Ben's TD "pass" could just as well have been a running play so there isn't even much to add in the QB argument. IMO, both played like garbage so it's a wash. Much like last week's game against the Chargers, the Jets should not have even been in OT. The game could have ended twice within the last 2 minutes, but poor clock management/play calling/kicking did this team in. Don't even pretend that the Jets got lucky with the INTs and punt return, because 1) that's part of the game and 2) when all is said in done, it was Steelers who were ultimately "lucky" when Brien missed two potential game winning FGs.

Gee, I wonder if I'll be as bitter towards the Steelers next week as you were towards the Jets this week. Your team got beat last week just like my team did this week, so take your sore-loser cry baby bitterness elsewhere.

The Steelers overcame 2 INTs, a Bettis fumble deep in Jets territory (his first of the year), a defensive TD, and a special teams TD. Their D gave up 3 points and the Jets had one offensive play in the redzone all day against the Steelers. Just about everything went the Jets way today and the Steelers were able to pull it out in OT. The Steelers couldn't really have played any worse and still won. They had an impressive drive in the 4th quarter to tie the game and they move because they never gave up.

I hope next week they rely on the running game more in the first half (Bettis with only 12 carries at halftime isn't enough -- especially when they were up by 10 in the first quarter) because that's been their bread and butter all year.

I give a lot of credit to the Jets for forcing Ben into playing his worst two games this year... seems like they were able to get good pressure from their front 4.... which messed with Ben in both games.

But I ultimately give the Steelers credit for overcoming everything and winning the game.

Well deserved miss.  Back in to the wildcard, get lucky in SD, get absolutely pummeled in Pittsburgh and still win?  Not if there are football gods they won't.
pummeled?absolutely pummeled?

what ####ing game are you watching?
I'm watching the team wearing the green shirts barely put up 275 yards of offense and 3 points? Thats the game I'm watching.I'm watching the team wearing the green shirts get drilled into the ground on defense while the Steeler offensive line mauls them, and the only thing not making them the goat is two boneheaded plays by a rookie QB and a miracle punt return. Thats the ###### game......oops......the game I just watched.

:stillers:
you're beyond myopic if you think the Steelers pummeled them.nice win, but go ahead and try and join us in reality again.
Not a Steelers fan by any stretch, I just think they make for a much better game than the Jets. There are a dozen high shools I'd rather watch than that boring nonsense.Using the term 'pummel' simply refers to the fact that while Pittsburgh didn't make the greatest showing, the Jets did absolutely nothing out there. 2 lousy passes and a fumble made this game close. It could very well have been 30-3 without a few Steeler mistakes. The 3 points the Jets scored on offense, however, was truly about all that bunch could muster.
Wow, gotta love the bitterness of a Charger fan who is upset that his team wasn't out there getting "pummeled" by the Steelers. I'm sure they would've done MUCH better :rolleyes: This game is absolute proof that you do not need a ridiculous offense to win, or even stay in games. The Jets had 3 offensive points, but the fact that they had 14 points between their D and their special teams proves this. If a team is balanced on all sides of the football, then they can play against nearly any team. Sure, it could have been 30-3 Steelers, but it just as easily could have been 20-17 Jets, so what is the point of the shoulda/coulda/wouldas?? It's beyond me how you could say the Steelers pummeled the Jets. The Jets aveaged .3 yards per carry less than the Steelers, and Pennington had very similar stats compared to Ben. Ben's TD "pass" could just as well have been a running play so there isn't even much to add in the QB argument. IMO, both played like garbage so it's a wash. Much like last week's game against the Chargers, the Jets should not have even been in OT. The game could have ended twice within the last 2 minutes, but poor clock management/play calling/kicking did this team in. Don't even pretend that the Jets got lucky with the INTs and punt return, because 1) that's part of the game and 2) when all is said in done, it was Steelers who were ultimately "lucky" when Brien missed two potential game winning FGs.

Gee, I wonder if I'll be as bitter towards the Steelers next week as you were towards the Jets this week. Your team got beat last week just like my team did this week, so take your sore-loser cry baby bitterness elsewhere.
I can take or leave the Chargers.I just detest the Jets/Giants - actually anything from New Jersey. Don't like the place, the people, their logo, their boring teams, their boring uniforms, their boring stadium........

Tonight, they were again, boring.

The Steelers overcame 2 INTs, a Bettis fumble deep in Jets territory (his first of the year), a defensive TD, and a special teams TD. Their D gave up 3 points and the Jets had one offensive play in the redzone all day against the Steelers. Just about everything went the Jets way today and the Steelers were able to pull it out in OT. The Steelers couldn't really have played any worse and still won. They had an impressive drive in the 4th quarter to tie the game and they move because they never gave up.

I hope next week they rely on the running game more in the first half (Bettis with only 12 carries at halftime isn't enough -- especially when they were up by 10 in the first quarter) because that's been their bread and butter all year.

I give a lot of credit to the Jets for forcing Ben into playing his worst two games this year... seems like they were able to get good pressure from their front 4.... which messed with Ben in both games.

But I ultimately give the Steelers credit for overcoming everything and winning the game.
The Steelers got lucky. Period. The Jets blew not one, but two game winning FG's. If they play like that against the Pats or Colts they'll be watching the SB on TV.

The Steelers got lucky. Period..
I'm sure that's most people's take... One could argue that the Jets were lucky to have 17 points on the board. I'm sure they gameplanned a defensive TD and a punt return for a TD.Sure the Steelers dodged two bullets when Brien missed the FGs... but the Steelers drove deep into Jets territory twice in the 4th quarter (Bettis fumble and Ward TD) and in OT they drove into short FG range... the Jets won the coin toss in OT and couldn't score and the Jets D couldn't stop the Steelers in OT. The Steelers overcame a lot of misfortune just to have the score tied when Brien had a chance to beat them... I give them credit for that and for pulling it out in in OT.

If they play like that against the Pats or Colts they'll be watching the SB on TV
I agree with you here, but they can't play worse than they did today. It was their 2nd worst performance of the year.... but they won.

The Steelers got lucky. Period. The Jets blew not one, but two game winning FG's. If they play like that against the Pats or Colts they'll be watching the SB on TV.
Yeah I don't think you can really say that the STeelers got "lucky" because the breaks went their way at the end of the game. By that same token, the Jets were "lucky" with their defensive/special teams tds. In my opinion, neither of the teams were "lucky". Missed field goals is not necessarily bad "luck" but rather a lack of execution. Bottom line is both teams played poorly and the steelers executed one more play than the Jets.

The Steelers overcame 2 INTs, a Bettis fumble deep in Jets territory (his first of the year), a defensive TD, and a special teams TD.  Their D gave up 3 points and the Jets had one offensive play in the redzone all day against the Steelers.  Just about everything went the Jets way today and the Steelers were able to pull it out in OT.  The Steelers couldn't really have played any worse and still won.  They had an impressive drive in the 4th quarter to tie the game and they move because they never gave up.

I hope next week they rely on the running game more in the first half (Bettis with only 12 carries at halftime isn't enough -- especially when they were up  by 10 in the first quarter) because that's been their bread and butter all year.

Yeah I don't think you can really say that the STeelers got "lucky" because the breaks went their way at the end of the game. By that same token, the Jets were "lucky" with their defensive/special teams tds. In my opinion, neither of the teams were "lucky". Missed field goals is not necessarily bad "luck" but rather a lack of execution. Bottom line is both teams played poorly and the steelers executed one more play than the Jets.
:stillers: Great win. I can't say they dominated, but they did win total yardage and time of possession. As a sidenote, they also won the game. A few bad mistakes out of the way and they live to play again.

lucky for the steelers the IMCOMPETENT PAUL HACKETT calls plays for the Jets.the only team i know of that can score a defensive td & special teams td in 2 of its last 3 games and lose them both. the steelers were barely able to beat a 9 point dog at home, one that was playing its 3rd road OT game in 13 days. roethliskjdhfsdflkger didnt look and play like a rookie today, he was worse than that. pitt will be snuffed by the winner of NE/INDY. i only hope that HACKETT is fired as soon as possible. it certainly isnt personnel, the jets offense is laden with 1st, 2nd & 3rd round draft picks. when you turn a team over, you go for the jugular, yet the jets were happy to go 3 and out. herm gets some of the blame too. also, you guys can have john abraham. he's a quitter. :hot:

If they play like that against the Pats or Colts they'll be watching the SB on TV
I agree with you here, but they can't play worse than they did today. It was their 2nd worst performance of the year.... but they won.
I'll echo this sentiment but I'm glad we got the bad game this week. Big Ben had an awfule "Rookie playing his first playoff game" performance. I guarantee you he'll be more settled next week.Good things to take from this game:Except for stupid turnovers and a special teams TD, we dominated this game. D only gave up 3 and we had a 100 yard receiver AND rusher in the game.Ben hopefully has the playoff jitters behind him.There's no way in hades we're going to be overconfident next weekLittle story from my own experience:I watched the game from home because I wanted to watch the game on the big screen in comfrot I was wearing my standard "non big game gear" - Steelers T-shirt and hat.After Bettis fumbled in the 4th I went to the closet and pulled out the ole Woodsom Jersy (Big game only jersey). We proceeded to tie up the game on the next drive.After Ben threw that AWFUL INT on first down and the Jets were in FG position with very little time left, I went and pulled out my 15 year old, held together with duct tape, been around the world Steelers hat and put it on. Result: Botched FG and an OT victory.I'm not sure how much MoJo the ole gear has left in it but it worked tonight.

lucky for the steelers the IMCOMPETENT PAUL HACKETT calls plays for the Jets.the only team i know of that can score a defensive td & special teams td in 2 of its last 3 games and lose them both. the steelers were barely able to beat a 9 point dog at home, one that was playing its 3rd road OT game in 13 days. roethliskjdhfsdflkger didnt look and play like a rookie today, he was worse than that. pitt will be snuffed by the winner of NE/INDY. i only hope that HACKETT is fired as soon as possible. it certainly isnt personnel, the jets offense is laden with 1st, 2nd & 3rd round draft picks. when you turn a team over, you go for the jugular, yet the jets were happy to go 3 and out. herm gets some of the blame too. also, you guys can have john abraham. he's a quitter. :hot:
Echo the Hackett comment. That 3rd down call in OT was one of the worst calls I've ever seen.On the other hand, the previous 3rd down call by Lebeau where he didn't blitz ANYONE was equally awful.

steelers fan here. whew, we'll take the win. there is no way we play that poorly next week--period. the Jets defense did a good job making our passing game look bad, but i have to say i was impressed with the running game. especially in the second half, when we seemed to be able to run at will. if the word "pummel" is to be used, the only context that makes sense to me is in terms of those two long, power running drives. the Jets defense seemed spent by the fourth quarter.my guess is that the steelers will be very lightly favored (like maybe 2.5 points) next week, just for home field advantage. here's hoping Ben can get his head screwed on straight to make it 16 in a row.

The Steelers got lucky. Period..
I'm sure that's most people's take... One could argue that the Jets were lucky to have 17 points on the board. I'm sure they gameplanned a defensive TD and a punt return for a TD.Sure the Steelers dodged two bullets when Brien missed the FGs... but the Steelers drove deep into Jets territory twice in the 4th quarter (Bettis fumble and Ward TD) and in OT they drove into short FG range... the Jets won the coin toss in OT and couldn't score and the Jets D couldn't stop the Steelers in OT. The Steelers overcame a lot of misfortune just to have the score tied when Brien had a chance to beat them... I give them credit for that and for pulling it out in in OT.
Well, we could take away 7 from the Steelers if they don't pick off that first INT and set up a short field.Them maybe we tack on 7 more for the Jets if that one Ben pass gets picked off in the first quarter.We could play what if forever...

Needless to say Briens gonna get wrecked on Mike and the mad dog next week. Def. goat of the game.....your team gives you two shots at it and u blow em both.Also of note, SNL poked fun at Brien on their ep tonight....so no time is being wasted in running this guy out of town. Btw the the two "Bs of Death", Barton and Brien...this will be one of the most infamous Jets postseason in their history.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's a new season. It's an annoying phrase for a while there and then games like today happen.Can only do good for Pitt to have a good close game and to make mistakes and overcome them, bring team unity etc. Poor Jets. Every so many years they really look like the cursed franchise of the NFL. Wonder if Brien is done ala Scott Norwood.I dunno about you guys but I want Curtis and Mawae to get a ring. We keep talking about Curtis not having much gas left in the tank, then he performs well, then there's no gas left.....old age is gonna hit him sooner or later. See that pregame interview with him? What a guy

How can any Steelers fan come in here and talk smack with the way your team played today? How can someone say there is "no way" they will play poorly next week "period"? There was also no way they were going to play poorly today, right?Take the win and be grateful. But don't come in here and talk ####.Go Colts!!!

How can any Steelers fan come in here and talk smack with the way your team played today? How can someone say there is "no way" they will play poorly next week "period"? There was also no way they were going to play poorly today, right?Take the win and be grateful. But don't come in here and talk ####.Go Colts!!!
geez, don't be so bitter. Pittsburgh played poorly on offense. Their defense played great. Their defense gave up 3 offensive points. Special teams gave up 7, and Rothlisberger gave up 7. He was about to give up 10, just fate had it that Brien missed. But a 47 yd and a 40 at Heinz is no sure deal. The graphic they put on the screen said no opposing kicker had made one past 46 yards there, ever. You can sum up this game by saying Rothlisberger and Bettis almost gave away a dominant defensive effort by the Steelers. You can also say the Jets choked. You could also say the Steelers almost choked. You can also say both teams played very hard and the Steelers got a little lucky. They're all correct.I could talk smack all day about how well Pittsburgh's D played. Their offense and special teams sucked however. At least they were able to put some offensive points on the board unlike the Jets though.

Copy of my post in the "Terrible Towel" tread

I'm exhausted, and it's not only because it's 6:30 AM and I've been going all night.I've heard, in many different situations, people say they're emotionally spent, but I don't think I ever experienced that feeling until this game. Un-freaking-believable. The Steelers should have lost - (oh yes, they should have) - but they didn't. Ben lost this game (oh yeah, he did) - but in the end he didn't. The defense blew it when it counted (yep, I saw it) - but somehow, someway, some mysterious force pushed that kick wide. The Steelers didn't lose.My question:Where were you at when Brien missed "The Kick"? Pissed, spent, surprised (although not shocked), angry, psychotic, delirious, and at the point of surrendering to the thought of another heart-breaker, as they called Brien on the field, I walked out of my game room, away from the party, and joined my miserable self on my steps in the driveway in front of the garage. I *knew* I wasn't going to hear anything.... there would be no noise.....no cheers.....the game was over.....no way in H ELL he was going to miss again. So there I sat, drunk and hating the world (and thinking how sad it is that the Steelers have such an influence on my emotional well-being), with my head being supported in the hands in my lap. I waited.....listened....waited. Nothing. Thoughts start going through my head It’s over....... Son of a ------. To be this excited - Friday night was MY xmas eve - and to have us lose this game like THIS....we were driving the ball in the 4th....they couldn't move it against us.....Roethlisberger.....you'll be great, but you killed us....I was SO confident. I knew anything could happen....the Jets *could* win....but not like this. Not with the picks. Not with a Bettis fumble. Curse, slam, punch, curse, curse, curse, curse, curse. The house is quiet. F U see kay mother F you see kayers. F UThen I hear it. My house. My gameroom. IT EXPLODES. In a split second, I fly into the garage, bust through the door, run over the damn cat, bust through the gameroom door, dance a dance I've never danced before, and I think I might have kissed a guy or two. Seriously, this can't be happening.I GOTTA FEELING...It was ugly, UGLY, but they won the game. Everything "they" say about us this week will be true. Rothlisberger choked. He lost us the game. The defense let them drive into field goal range at the end of regulation by allowing two huge runs. They should have lost us this game. The Steelers made too many mistakes. Offense, defense....too many mistakes.But guess what?The team that makes the least mistakes usually wins. I don't care if Mawae would have made the mistake that made them lose, or if Pennington would have, or if Ellis would have, or Vilma or Hackett or Edwards or whoever. The fact is that a player on the Jets made the bigger of the mistakes, and the Steelers won. Lucky? Maybe. But don't tell that to Jeff Reid. Congrats to the Jets for giving me the "football watching" ride of my life. I actually feel for the Jet fans. But with that said.... :stillers:

We could play what if forever...
Exactly my point. The Steelers won, I'm just replying to the posts that the Steelers got lucky.In addition, I'm giving the Steelers credit for having the score tied at 17-17 even though everything went against them up to that point, I'm giving the Steelers credit for putting together 3 long drives on offense in the 4th quarter and OT even though they struggled early in the game on offense, and I'm giving them credit for never giving up on the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Steelers. We've all been on both sides of this fence, and Mr. Reed feels a whole lot better than Mr. Brien right about now. Wow, what a game.

I'll say congrats as well. Now you know what it feels like to be a Pats fan. It win looks lucky, but there are legit examples of how they deserved the win.

Easily. The J-I-T-S are one of the classiest teams in the NFL... but the fans are obnoxious. Ask any Fins fan for confirmation.Those two missed FGs = late Xmas present for Fins fans worldwide = priceless :pickle: .

What about the steelers they pretty much got a TD from a their D with the troy INT.The JETS were the better team and SHOULD be headed to the AFC CG period!

Of course Jets fan here, but this is precisely why I think the Jets lose today.

The Steelers this year are the classic example of how defense and an entire team effort, not just the effort of one or two stud players, is what wins games.
Your second point is exactly why the Jets WIN today.As a team, I believe the Jets will need (and get) big contributions not only from their D, but their special teams as well.

Without it, the only way the Jets win today is have their O go up big early with a couple of TDs (which, let me clarify is unlikely, but possible) to take the Steelers out of their running game a bit and put a little more pressure on the rookie in his first playoff game.

Additionally, off the top of my head, these two teams in the past 5 or 6 games have not scored more than 20 points against each other. Based on that, I take the Jets and the points.

Jets 17-13

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS :boxing:
Just call me Nostradamus...Too bad the Jets couldn't get big contributions from their F'n kicker...

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS :excited:

We could play what if forever...
Exactly my point. The Steelers won, I'm just replying to the posts that the Steelers got lucky.In addition, I'm giving the Steelers credit for having the score tied at 17-17 even though everything went against them up to that point, I'm giving the Steelers credit for putting together 3 long drives on offense in the 4th quarter and OT even though they struggled early in the game on offense, and I'm giving them credit for never giving up on the game.
BLAH... BLAH... BLAH...Steelers got lucky.

From usenet:http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.sp...a4b7625972fe320

I still can't believe there will be no more games for the Jets. They hadevery opportunity in the world to win and they couldn't pull it. Maybe thereis something about Pittsburg that they just can't get by. It's going to bevery hard to forget about this, but I guess time will heal. Some commentsabout the game:Key Plays:1) Obviously Brien missing two field goals with 2:00 minutes left. He missedone last week at SD, and then made the winning FG. Today again he was shaky.Did the pressure got to him, maybe but this is something he is not going toforget for a long time.2) Not using Jordan the entire game. He wasn't used at all during the firstquarter. Played during the 2nd and 3rd quarter and then took a sit over thelast 20 minutes of the game (maybe had 1 carry before the field goals). Ithought Jordan should have been in more plays and every time he touched theball he generated positive yards for the Jets.3) 3 and out after the fumble recovery in the 4th quarter. I think this waskey to the game. The Jets were leading 17-10 and got the ball back. The 3and out took about 1:30 from the clock. The defense really need it a restafter the recovery and the offense just didn't do the job. It hurt them asthe Steelers end it up scoring a TD. The key play, Pennington missing a wideopen S Moss (threw the ball behind him) that would have given the Jets a 1stand 10.4) Lack of use of 4 WR sets. I thought the Jets should have spread the fielda lot more, specially in the 1st quarter. I think the Jets used those 2 WRformations too much5) Becht. He looked like a collage guy today. Heck sometimes he looked likea FOOL by missing his blocks (and there were a few today). This is an areathe Jets need to improve. Opposing teams just don't cover the TE and doubleWRs. You saw it today on the interception, he was wide open. Yet Chad didn'tthrow to him. I think they just don't trust him and this is something thatreally kills the defense.As for next season priorities? I think the Jets do have talent on the teamand should be able to improve with guys like Vilma, Strait, Cotchery, BThomas, Robertson, McCarains, among others. But they definitely have somedecisions to make and key areas to improve:1) Fire Hackett! I think this will be done this week. The Steelers have theBest defense in the NFl, yet the team was not able to develop any kind ofoffense against either the Steelers, Pats or Ravens. They also struggleduring the season with a conservative play calling. The Jets need to find amore aggressive play calling, throw the ball down the field (and Chad hasshown he can make the plays), put Pennington on a Shotgun every once in awhile, etc. Who is that coordinator, I don't know. But hopefully Edwardsfinds a D Henderson for the offense.2) They need to get a TE., if the Jets had to choose between R Moss/TO or TGonzalez, I think the Jets should go for the TE. S Moss is fast, McCarainsreally showed that he can play, Cotchery should be the third receiver nextseason and J Carter (or draft pick) should be enough. But if the Jets couldad a TE that can catch the ball and block, they will really put a lot ofpoints on the board. Again, having no TE is like playing 10 on the field vs11 from the defense.3) J Abraham - This could be the toughest decision. The front 4 just didn'tcreated enough pressure during the games he didn't played. But at least wesaw improvement on B Thomas and that's a positive. My take, I would eithertrade Abraham for a star TE or get some draft picks for him. He has missedjust too many games over the past two years and he could cost a lot. Plusthey can improve other areas they definitely need to address during the offseason. The Jets will be losing a good player, but I think it's somethingthey have to do. Plus with the improve play of Thomas, the Jets have areplacement for him4) Re-Sign Jordan - The Jets have to do everything possible to re-sign him.And even if they had to use the Franchise Tag on him, they should do it. Heis a playmaker and we know what he can do with the ball. Also we can'texpect Martin to run like this for the next couple of season. The Jets needJordan there and keep developing the 1-2 punch they have right now.5) Improve the OL - Either by draft of FA, they need to improve this area(Fabini?). They have to improve their passing schemes and find ways to givePennington more time to throw the ball.I guess is time to wait for baseball season to start. Tonight will be a longone, but hopefully the future will be brighter for the Jets.
I thought 5) was pretty interesting because I wasn't watching the TE.

Another strong content-filled usenet post:http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.sp...e03160ebdd35eeb

Many of the Jets glaring weaknesses (and strengths) were shown in today'sovertime loss to Pittsburg. A few things need to be done for next season.1. Fire Hackett - It's been years with his offense, and it's been horrible.Testaverde complained about it, Chrebet complained about it and said hiswife could guess the plays pre-snap. His "Playing to not lose" mentalityhas posioned the offense for too long. His rigid allgence to his offense isdragging down players. Pennington was good in the shotgun and audibling incollege, yet Hackett limits his abilities to call audibles pre-snap andwon't install the shotgun. Herm wanted to intall a pro-form 2 RB offense tobut Jordan and Martin on the field at the same time but Hackett wouldn't doit. Instead he always puts one of them in motion when they are both in thefield and flanks them to WR.Hackett needs to be replaced with an offensive coordinator that isaggressive, and will take advantage of the talent they have rather thantrying to fit the talent into his "system".2. Get rid of Becht - He blew 5 key blocks in this game ( I was watchinghim), dropped a ball or two and had a penalty called against him. He sucks,baker can't be any worse.3. Sign a real WR - We have two guys that are legit #2's or 3's. Chadneeds a big, soild WR. The Jets need to sign one, or draft one.4. Resign LaMont - LaMont has been better with the fumbling with thisseason and shows plenty of promise. If you can't work out a deal, franchisehim.5. Sign Abraham - Offer JA a contract filled with incentives. If he wonttake it, let him walk.6. Give Donnie Henderson a raise - He earned one. Whatever you are payinghim, it isn't enough.

BGP.

I wonder if these people would still feel the same way had Brien made one of those field goals.

My guess, probably not. We'd probably see too much info on how the Jets are better than NE or Indy and how the Jets can beat them.

The Jets were a very tough out on the road in the playoffs. We'll see what happens next year when we're in the playoffs for the 4th time out of Herm's 5 years. :thumbup:

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS :D

BGP.

I wonder if these people would still feel the same way had Brien made one of those field goals.

My guess, probably not. We'd probably see too much info on how the Jets are better than NE or Indy and how the Jets can beat them.

The Jets were a very tough out on the road in the playoffs. We'll see what happens next year when we're in the playoffs for the 4th time out of Herm's 5 years. :thumbup:

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS :D
Yeah better luck next year. "If" Brien made one of those field goals, you'd be heading to the AFC championship game. But he didn't and last time I checked, the kicker is a player on the roster. Now take your sour grapes back to NY......

Luck plays a part in most Super Bowl runs, ask Tom Brady. The Jets were very lucky to win last week. The Steelers were very lucky to win yesterday. We'll take it and understand that the Steelers need a better performance next week. The Jets didn't have the playmakers to capitalize on the Steelers miscues, the Patriots/Colts will.

4. Resign LaMont - LaMont has been better with the fumbling with thisseason and shows plenty of promise. If you can't work out a deal, franchisehim.
Somehow I don't think that handing out a "franchise" salary to Jordan would be a wise decision.

their points scored & allowed.

----------

Jets (18th offense, 3rd defense) = 18+3 = 21

Steelers (10th offense, 2nd defense) 10+2 = 12

Translation: Steelers have the edge here.

Offensive/Defensive Efficienies:

-----------

O:Jets 5258 yards, 304 points = 17.30

D:Jets 4399 yards, 229 points = 19.21

O:Steelers 5157 yards, 343 points = 15.03

D:Steelers 3867 yards, 227 points = 17.04

Translation: A split decision here. The Steelers have a better of two offenses, neither of which are outstanding. The Jets are better defensively.

----------

Ints-Ints Thrown

----------

Jets 17-11 = +6

Steelers 18-11 = +7

Basically identical here.

I'm on the fence about this one as well. Ben Roethlisberger is coming off injury and is struggling. The Jets defense did a fine job knocking out the Chargers.

Pick: Steelers (altho if given a betting line I'd probably take the Jets and the points)
Its no wonder you follow the Browns, because it is obvious by a lot of your posts that you don't have a clue about football. Steelers have the best defense in football yet you give the edge to the Jets? Steelers offense is not outstanding, yet no one has been able to stop them for almost 4 months?
:rolleyes:

The JETS were the better team and SHOULD be headed to the AFC CG period!
The Jets were not the better team yesterday by any stretch of the imagination because they couldn't capitalize on the 3 to 1 TO margin, a special teams TD and a defensive TD. The Jets did play better than the Steelers in the first half and still need the punt return to have the score tied at halftime. Then the Jets got all three of their TOs in the 2nd half to the Steelers none and couldn't score more than seven points. The Steelers played much better than the Jets in the 2nd half (except for the turnovers) and in OT.The Jets are a good team... just not as good as the Steelers.

Luck plays a part in most Super Bowl runs, ask Tom Brady. The Jets were very lucky to win last week. The Steelers were very lucky to win yesterday. We'll take it and understand that the Steelers need a better performance next week. The Jets didn't have the playmakers to capitalize on the Steelers miscues, the Patriots/Colts will.
agreed.The better team won.

Luck plays a part in most Super Bowl runs, ask Tom Brady.  The Jets were very lucky to win last week. The Steelers were very lucky to win yesterday.  We'll take it and understand that the Steelers need a better performance next week.  The Jets didn't have the playmakers to capitalize on the Steelers miscues, the Patriots/Colts will.
So did the better team win in 2001? :D

Luck plays a part in most Super Bowl runs, ask Tom Brady.  The Jets were very lucky to win last week. The Steelers were very lucky to win yesterday.  We'll take it and understand that the Steelers need a better performance next week.  The Jets didn't have the playmakers to capitalize on the Steelers miscues, the Patriots/Colts will.
lol everything comes back to the pats with you. Yes the better team won in 2001 but that was then and this is now. We'll see what happens this year :stillers:

Raiders fans would say no.

I'm talking about when you guys played us.As you can see, things change a whole lot when you are on the winning side of things.

I'm talking about when you guys played us.As you can see, things change a whole lot when you are on the winning side of things.
Yes but last halloween the better team also won. This might be more pertinent to this year considering that game occurred this season and not 2001. Either way, I'm hoping for your Pats to win today so we can have that rematch and decide once and for all who the best team in the AFC really is.

Users who are viewing this thread