What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFL Expansion to 40 teams (1 Viewer)

Why not 64 teams?  It could make more money or something, go for it!

Will be right back on how it will change the life of the smaller market towns and tell a great story or two to prove as much.  Might even make you teary-eyed, hold on!

There aren't enough good qbs or coaches for 32 teams. 

That bottom tier would be UGGGGHHLLLLY
If you expand by 1 or 2 with a plan to expand more years away, sure. 32-40 immediately would create a bunch of awful, awful teams.

The part about this that seems the craziest is the idea of having a team based in London/Europe. Teams traveling to London to play 1 game a year isn't that big a deal, IMO, so having 8 or 9 teams make that trip for 1 game can be done. But any team based in London/Europe would have to travel to the US/West for 8/9 games and then return home for the home games. That seems like a lot to ask of the players on that team. I suppose they could set their schedule so that they always have 2 or 3 games in a row at home/on the road to minimize some of that travel but seems like a huge disadvantage. 2 or 3 home games in a row = great. But 2 or 3 on the road and basically living in a hotel for the whole time and having to find practice facilities? Logistically I'm sure it could be worked out but I've always thought the talk of a London based team (i.e. Jacksonville) has always seemed like an improbable dream of the NFL. 

Yeah, why would any free agent sign with the London team. There would have to be a massive financial incentive for these guys to even consider it.

If it ever happens,  they're likely to be a perennial cellar dweller

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan Lambskin said:
Chad Pennington down?

I like Chad better.  From the start I wanted to give Goff a fair shot.   I know Lions WRs are not good but Goff is way worse than I expected.   Plus he is a mobile as the Statue of Liberty.  Give me a guy like Trubisky who is wild but at least can get away from the rush now and then.  

I like Chad better.  From the start I wanted to give Goff a fair shot.   I know Lions WRs are not good but Goff is way worse than I expected.   Plus he is a mobile as the Statue of Liberty.  Give me a guy like Trubisky who is wild but at least can get away from the rush now and then.  
I was really shocked at how bad he is also.  The first real bad game I remember of his was a night game in Chicago.  The league figured him out pretty fast.  

32 is the perfect number. No expansion is necessary, I have no idea where any team would possibly work given that many obvious US markets have had a team already and it's left, and that most non-US markets (maybe outside of Canada, idk) have limited interest in a permanent franchise there

Users who are viewing this thread