What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nick Foles vs Andrew Luck (1 Viewer)

Foles has been way too inaccurate for me to put him ahead of Luck. He's actually starting to worry me. He's missing wide open guys badly.
Foles completion % for his career is 62% compared to Luck's 57% . If we watched more Colts games than Eagles games I'm sure we would see Luck missing guys as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW Cris Carter on Mike and Mike said that INT was all on Hilton. He said they were still within 5 yards and Hilton not being physical enough is what led to a bad route and interception. Brian Dawkins followed up with the same and Golic agreed,

FWIW Cris Carter on Mike and Mike said that INT was all on Hilton. He said they were still within 5 yards and Hilton not being physical enough is what led to a bad route and interception. Brian Dawkins followed up with the same and Golic agreed,
I think it was Dawk that said the only thing Hilton did wrong was flop too soon. Gotta wait a bit to sell it better.

The issue isn't that there was contact. It was that he was held coming out of his break. It should have been holding, not PI or illegal contact.

The issue isn't that there was contact. It was that he was held coming out of his break. It should have been holding, not PI or illegal contact.
One of them said it looked like offensive pass interferance too...they all seemed to agree that it was a good non-call :shrug:

Interesting fact:

The last time Andrew Luck lost back-to-back games: 2009, when he was at Stanford. The opponent in that second loss: Arizona quarterback Nick Foles.

Foles has been way too inaccurate for me to put him ahead of Luck. He's actually starting to worry me. He's missing wide open guys badly.
Foles completion % for his career is 62% compared to Luck's 57% . If we watched more Colts games than Eagles games I'm sure we would see Luck missing guys as well.
Completion % doesn't really mean much without context. I don't follow Indy enough to know the type of offense they run, but Philly under Kelly runs a ton of different screen plays. Foles should have a high completion percentage.

Completion % doesn't really mean much without context. I don't follow Indy enough to know the type of offense they run, but Philly under Kelly runs a ton of different screen plays. Foles should have a high completion percentage.
He averaged the most YPA in the league last season...

This year Foles is at 8 YPA which is 7th and Luck is at 6.2 which is like 26th. On the surface it would seem that Luck is just inaccurate even when throwing shorter passes.

Can you imagine how good Luck would be with Chip as his OC in that offense?

Let's wait till Luck gets a competent creative play caller like the elite guys have. Luck is playing great despite his OC inadequacies.

This year Foles is at 8 YPA which is 7th and Luck is at 6.2 which is like 26th. On the surface it would seem that Luck is just inaccurate even when throwing shorter passes.
Scheme and skill position players affect something like YPA. Example, Foles threw a screen to Sproles last night and he went 50+ yards. Luck throws a screen to Richardson and he probably only can go 5 yards if he's lucky.

Scheme and skill position players affect something like YPA. Example, Foles threw a screen to Sproles last night and he went 50+ yards. Luck throws a screen to Richardson and he probably only can go 5 yards if he's lucky.
I dont disagree. I just havent seen enough Colts games to have that opinion. They have Wayne and Hilton which I think some (many even?) would take over Cooper and Maclin, so they do have weapons.

Can you imagine how good Luck would be with Chip as his OC in that offense?

Let's wait till Luck gets a competent creative play caller like the elite guys have. Luck is playing great despite his OC inadequacies.
Luck could be great with a creative OC. I still wish that Arians had been hired as the HC instead of Pagano. His air-it-out playcalling would've been pretty nice for FF and real football.

Last year, Luck threw 33% of his passes 10 yards or more downfield. Foles threw 40% the same distance.

Luck threw 1 pass 40+ yards downfield. Foles threw 8 bombs, in several fewer games.

Last year, Luck threw 33% of his passes 10 yards or more downfield. Foles threw 40% the same distance.

Luck threw 1 pass 40+ yards downfield. Foles threw 8 bombs, in several fewer games.
The Eagles offensive personnel was head and shoulder better than Indy's last year starting with probably the games best offensive line, the league's most dangerous RB and probably one of, if not the top deep threat in league. That line allows for Foles to hold the ball longer for those type of plays to develop. The running requires a safety to sneak up in the box and the threat of DJax opened up all those middle length routes. Couple that with what many deem as one of the most innovative offenses (and a HC that most call an offensive genius) and that stat makes sense. If you look at the numbers from 2012 when the offensive line was in shambles, the numbers paint a different picture. Even Mike Vicks numbers took a jump from 2012 to 2013.

The Eagles offensive personnel was head and shoulder better than Indy's last year starting with probably the games best offensive line, the league's most dangerous RB and probably one of, if not the top deep threat in league. That line allows for Foles to hold the ball longer for those type of plays to develop. The running requires a safety to sneak up in the box and the threat of DJax opened up all those middle length routes. Couple that with what many deem as one of the most innovative offenses (and a HC that most call an offensive genius) and that stat makes sense. If you look at the numbers from 2012 when the offensive line was in shambles, the numbers paint a different picture. Even Mike Vicks numbers took a jump from 2012 to 2013.
All, 100%, completely irrelevant to the question at hand, about whether Foles was out-completing Luck because he dinks and dunks. Answer is a clear "no," and that has nothing to do with scheme and personnel changing from 2012-2013. :shrug:

This thread is funny. I didn't realize that Luck was going up against Foles. I thought it was the Eagles vs the Colts. Seemed like a good game between 2 fairly evenly matched teams with 2 pretty good QBs :shrug: I personally think Luck is a little better but I also think he'll be an elite QB for a long time. Foles will also probably be a very good QB and potentially elite.

Last year, Luck threw 33% of his passes 10 yards or more downfield. Foles threw 40% the same distance.Luck threw 1 pass 40+ yards downfield. Foles threw 8 bombs, in several fewer games.
No one used those excuses during Foles rookie season. He played for a bottom 5 team at the time. His efficiency numbers were still better than Lucks. He was supposed to not be capable of running this style of offense anyway according to consensus.

On 9/16/2014 at 0:13 PM, Snotbubbles said:
  On 9/16/2014 at 11:24 AM, Freelove said:
  On 9/16/2014 at 11:06 AM, Snotbubbles said:
  On 9/16/2014 at 10:49 AM, Bigboy10182000 said:
  On 9/16/2014 at 10:35 AM, Snotbubbles said:
  On 9/16/2014 at 9:08 AM, Bigboy10182000 said:
  On 9/16/2014 at 8:55 AM, Snotbubbles said:

No one used those excuses during Foles rookie season. He played for a bottom 5 team at the time. His efficiency numbers were still better than Lucks. He was supposed to not be capable of running this style of offense anyway according to consensus.
I miss nesting quotes

Foles looked really good the last month or so.  Hopefully, Luck can get healthy and this becomes a serious debate again. 

Users who are viewing this thread