What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

Gave: R Cobb D Martin

Got D Bryant
That's a fair trade. I guess it depends on your roster make up and roster requirements. I would probably prefer Cobb and Martin because you have two young, and very good players there. Cobb could do almost as well as Bryant, especially in PPR. On the other hand, if you are in a league that has small starting requirements (2 RB and 2 WR, eg) then getting the best player, Bryant, is better. Or, if you have a great group of running backs and don't need Martin then you have traded up for arguably the best dynasty WR.

12 Team PPR QRRWWTKF

Team A gives: DeAndre Hopkins

Team B gives: Ryan Mathews, Emmanuel Sanders

Cores

A:

Brady/Foles

Ball, Mathews, Pierce, Rice, NE backfield except Vereen

Stevie, Maclin, ARob, Sanders, Terrance Williams, Sammy Watkins

Reed/ASJ

B:

Stafford/Tannehill

Charles, SJax, Sankey

Davante, Cruz, Hopkins, Alshon, Hunter, Wayne

Jimmy
Mathews and Sanders and it isn't close

renesauz said:
r0llin_game said:
12 Team PPR QRRWWTKF

Cores

A:

Brady/Foles

Reed/ASJ

B:

Stafford/Tannehill

Charles, SJax, Sankey

Jimmy

Henry Ford said:
Team 1 gives: Andy Dalton

Team 2 gives: Percy Harvin
As an Andy Dalton owner, and one that likes him more than most, I take Harvin in a heartbeat. Maybe even in a start 2 QB league (which I'd imagine you would have mentioned if this was one).

Evil G said:
12 Team PPR Dynasty QRRWWTKD + Flex + Superflex, TE Premium

Gave: Benjamin, Vernon, 2015 1st (mid)

Got: Marshall
I would take that for Marshall in a rebuild or if I needed a QB. Assuming that is Vernon Davis the deal is pretty good

Henry Ford said:

As an Andy Dalton owner, and one that likes him more than most, I take Harvin in a heartbeat. Maybe even in a start 2 QB league (which I'd imagine you would have mentioned if this was one).
12 team 2QB/Superflex I wouldn't give up Dalton for less unless QB scoring is nerfed. Other than that Harvin easily

renesauz said:
r0llin_game said:
12 Team PPR QRRWWTKF

Cores

A:

Brady/Foles

Reed/ASJ

B:

Stafford/Tannehill

Charles, SJax, Sankey

Jimmy
I like Hopkins alot however that is 2 pretty solid options there. I think I will take Matthews/Sanders but it would be pretty close for me

Last edited by a moderator:
One More Rep said:
Henry Ford said:

I am assuming this is a super flex league? 1 qb league very lopsided in favor of Harvin
It is not. Though under our scoring system, Dalton was the #3 QB last year. And the Harvin owner has been holding him for three years.

Concept Coop said:
Gave: R Cobb D Martin

Got D Bryant
It's crazy to think that Martin had a higher start-up ADP than Dez this time last year.

I'd like to be in a position to take/keep Dez. That said, I can see situations in which I'd take the quantity over quality.
I agree with this.

Very hard turning away Martin to downgrade to Cobb

12 team 1PPR

qb rb wr wr te flex flex (rb,wr,te)

gave: andre ellington, rueben randle, ASJ, james white

got: trent richardson, randall cobb, jordan cameron

Had a big one go down today in my 10 team Start 2Q/1R/1W/1T/4F tiered PPR

Team A:

Cutler

Charles

Blackmon

Nicks

Bengals D

2015 3rd from team A

2015 4th from team A

Team B:

RG3

Cousins

Locker

Mathews

Hopkins

2015 First from team B

Team B finished 2nd to last last year, but that was due to a lot of injuries.

Team A:

Cutler

Charles

Blackmon

Nicks

Bengals D

2015 3rd from team A

2015 4th from team A

Team B:

RG3

Cousins

Locker

Mathews

Hopkins

2015 First from team B

In this format, I'd gamble on RG3.

Team A:

Cutler

Charles

Blackmon

Nicks

Bengals D

2015 3rd from team A

2015 4th from team A

Team B:

RG3

Cousins

Locker

Mathews

Hopkins

2015 First from team B

Not sure I would downgrade RG3 in a 10 team 2QB league even to get Charles

Cutler is an iffy QB1 so unless I was stacked at QB that is a deal I wouldn't make if I were team B

Yeah, I like the RG3 side quite a bit even though he becomes Team B's 3rd QB behind Luck and Cam. Having to start only 1 RB he can make up for the loss of talent at RB.

One More Rep said:
Henry Ford said:

I am assuming this is a super flex league? 1 qb league very lopsided in favor of Harvin
It is not. Though under our scoring system, Dalton was the #3 QB last year. And the Harvin owner has been holding him for three years.
Brutal trade then. You have to be smarter than to just look at Dalton's overall finish last year. He was incredibly inconsistent. And I don't mean "you" specifically...unless you're the one that traded for Dalton here, lol.

12 Team PPR

Start 1q/2r/3w/1t

Team A Receives:

2015 2nd

2016 2nd

Team B Receives:

Vernon Davis

Kenbrell Thompkins

Team A owns Jordan Cameron and Travis Kelce

Team B is in dire need for a tight end but his team is mediocre to bad.

A few FFPC trades with cutdowns to 20 (18 position players) in less than 48 hours. So draft picks probably have increased value at the moment.

QRRWWTFFDK ppr with 1.5ppr for TEs

Marquess Wilson

for

2015 5th

Kenny Britt

for

2015 5th

Cody Latimer

2015 2nd (probably early-ish)

2015 2nd (probably late)

for

2015 1st (would project top 3, but tournament style in loser's bracket so somewhere 1-6)

One More Rep said:
Henry Ford said:

Brutal trade then. You have to be smarter than to just look at Dalton's overall finish last year. He was incredibly inconsistent. And I don't mean "you" specifically...unless you're the one that traded for Dalton here, lol.
The person receiving Dalton apparently needed him as a piece in a trade he's putting together.

I really like getting two or three quality, reliable, long-term starters at QB in dynasty and then leaving the position alone for half a decade.
I've seen you mention this before with WRs, in that acquiring a couple of young WRs allows you to invest all your future resources into finding running backs. Given that and the same here about QBs, I'm just wondering how often things actually end up working out that way?

I ask because I've approached leagues with the same strategy before, but am never able to resist going after players I like at the positions I'm already strong at. In my main dynasty league a few years back I had AJ, Megatron, and Fitz who were the #1, #2, and #3 dynasty receivers at the time. Yet my 1st round rookie pick was Demaryius Thomas that year, because he was the best value on the board at the time.

I've since ditched AJ but last year was starting Megatron, Demaryius, and Fitz and had also acquired recent rookie picks on Floyd and Patterson (again, best value in Floyd's case and a guy I really wanted to own in Patterson's case). So here I am with these mega loaded WRs yet when two guys I liked became available this offseason (Harvin via an owner looking to trade him and Maclin via restricted free agency) I was eager to buy.

Same situation with QB, where I have Matt Ryan who should be a more than adequate guy on the level of RG3/Kap for the next 5-7 years, yet I can't help but view the position as a weakness and am looking to replace him with someone better.

I guess what I'm really getting at here is that the hot new trend seems to be investing early in WRs/QBs that will last so you can spend all your resources filling those empty RB slots later. Yet the type of people that invest in WRs/QBs are going to have a hard time giving up value at those positions for RBs that they may not really like. In my case, if I'd ignored WR in those 3 rookie drafts since I was already set there and reached on RBs instead I would have ended up with Montee Ball, Isaiah Pead, and Montarrio Hardesty instead of Patterson, Floyd, and Demaryius. Yikes.
I've always been a "draft for talent, trade for need" guy. I don't care how deep I am at a position, if a player at that position is the best guy left in a rookie draft, I'm taking him. I did that in the rookie draft in this league; I already had Julio, Harvin, Crabtree, Austin, and Hunter, but I still drafted Sammy Watkins at 1.01. Okay, so drafting Watkins was a "no duh" move there... but I also traded up from the 13th pick to the 11th pick to grab a falling Davante Adams despite already being embarrassingly deep at the position (according to FBGs staff consensus rankings, I already owned three top-12 WRs and Adams was my 7th guy in the top 40). Same deal with the 3.01- I already owned Griffin and Kaepernick, but Bridgewater was the BPA, so I took him rather than reaching on a guy like James White. And my reason is exactly the one you gave- reaching for less talented players at a "need" position is a really good way to get yourself a less talented team in the long run. In another dynasty league, I own Calvin, Keenan Allen, Percy Harvin, Michael Floyd, Cordarrelle Patterson, Michael Crabtree, and Larry Fitzgerald. I also own the 1.03 rookie pick, which I'm 99% sure is going to be Brandon Cooks, (there's a 1% chance Evans falls and he's the pick, instead). Do I care that Cooks might actually be my WR8 in a league where I can only start three? Not particularly. If I need help at RB later this season, I'm pretty sure that someone in my league will be interested in buying one of those eight receivers at fair market value.

I've never had trouble shuffling off that excess depth into a more needed position when the time comes. Failing that, I'll convert players at a position of depth into extra rookie picks and then convert those extra rookie picks into players at a position of need. I play in leagues that are active enough that I never worry about whether I'll be able to convert depth at one position into help at another should disaster befall. That gives me the luxury of focusing on my goal of maximizing talent. If I played in less active leagues, I wouldn't be quite so cavalier about stacking one position to like that.

Edit to add: My oldest league has been around since 2007; on a roster of 30 players and with our 2014 rookie draft pending, I currently own TWO guys that I actually drafted. And I'm not talking about guys that I drafted in the startup, I'm talking about guys that I drafted at any point in the last seven years. I have Ben Roethlisberger who I drafted in the startup back in 2007 (speaking to my preference to grab a long-term solution at QB and let him hold down the fort, Roethlisberger has been my QB2 for the better part of a decade). I also have Jonathan Stewart who I drafted in 2008 and am pretty much going to go down with the ship on. All of the guys I drafted in 2013 (pretty much just Le'Veon Bell) have long since been traded away. As have the guys I drafted in 2012 (RGIII, Stephen Hill, Reuben Randle), and the guys I drafted in 2011 (A.J. Green, Greg Little, Randle Cobb, Julius Thomas), and the guys I drafted in 2010 (Demaryius Thomas- who I traded away, traded back for, and traded away again- and Ben Tate), and so on and so forth. I also have Colin Kaepernick and Jordan Reed, who I added as free agents immediately after the rookie draft, and a bit of roster fodder that I've picked up off the waiver wire in the last year. The bulk of my roster in that league, though (Brees, Foles, Charles, Peterson, Rice, Pierce, Calvin, Keenan, Harvin, Crabtree, Floyd, Patterson, Fitzgerald, Gronkowski, LaDarius Green, even the 49ers and Rams defenses) are guys that I've traded for over the years. Obviously results are not typical, and I've had a lot of lucky breaks go my way over the years, but that team is the gold standard of my "draft for talent, trade for need" philosophy. I've drafted a lot of really good players in rookie drafts, and been quick to sell them all off any time I felt I could turn a profit or shore up a position of need.
That makes sense. I tend to end up in more contract leagues where a straight up swap for the position you need isn't always available right when you need it. In a more typical dynasty league where you can just keep every player forever that probably makes a big difference.

A few FFPC trades with cutdowns to 20 (18 position players) in less than 48 hours. So draft picks probably have increased value at the moment.

Marquess Wilson

for

2015 5th

Kenny Britt

for

2015 5th

Cody Latimer

2015 2nd (probably late)

for

2015 1st (would project top 3, but tournament style in loser's bracket so somewhere 1-6)
1st trade: Meh

2nd trade: Britt

3rd trade: Latimer

Adam Harstad said:

Marquess Wilson

for

2015 5th

Kenny Britt

for

2015 5th

Cody Latimer

2015 2nd (probably late)

for

1st trade: Meh

2nd trade: Britt

3rd trade: Latimer
Pretty much agree

2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX .5 PPR 12-team league

2015 1st round rookie pick (likely mid)

Johnny Manziel

for

Kyle Rudolph
Mike Wallace
49ers D/ST
2015 4th round rookie pick

Team getting Rudolph et al just completed a dispersal draft had gaping holes at TE and D/ST (Fleener best TE and no D/ST on the roster), but competitive otherwise.

Team getting the pick and Manziel is rebuilding and had a gaping hole at QB (Newton and T. Pryor only QBs on the roster)

Johnny Manziel

for

Kyle Rudolph

Mike Wallace

49ers D/ST

Team getting Rudolph et al just completed a dispersal draft had gaping holes at TE and D/ST (Fleener best TE and no D/ST on the roster), but competitive otherwise.

Team getting the pick and Manziel is rebuilding and had a gaping hole at QB (Newton and T. Pryor only QBs on the roster)
I would take the pick over all of that even without Johnny Football involved.

Johnny Manziel

for

Kyle Rudolph

Mike Wallace

49ers D/ST

I would take the pick over all of that even without Johnny Football involved.
I would take Rudolph and Wallace for that if I thought they helped me make the playoffs

Not Involved:

Team A Got: Rookie 1.7, Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson, Hakeem Nicks

Team B Got: Darren Mc(Bust)Fadden and Josh Gordon

Still scratching my head at this one...................

12 Tm - QRWWTFF - PPR: 1/1/1.25

Gave: Sankey, Big Ben

Got: RG3, A. Williams

RG3

Hill/Williams/Simms/Sproles/Blount/Greene

Calvin/Julio/Cobb/Lee

Gronk/Witten

• Carolina Big TD's gave up Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.02;Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.06
  • uMadBro Bandits gave up Michael, Christine SEA RB; Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.10
Brown

2nd rounder

Harvin

Michael

...by large margins

Not Involved:

Team A Got: Rookie 1.7, Stevie Johnson, Fred Jackson, Hakeem Nicks

Team B Got: Darren Mc(Bust)Fadden and Josh Gordon

Still scratching my head at this one...................
Which side is the head-scratcher?
I guess I see McFadden and Fred as about even. If Gordon gets 16 games, I would much rather have the 1.7 and Nicks and it is not close. I guess the trade itself is not a head scratcher, but my impression of the two teams that did this, their rosters etc caused me to scratch my head a bit. The team that traded the 1.7 needs young RB talent is a bad way and just gave that up......

Users who are viewing this thread