What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2016 GOP thread: Is it really going to be Donald Trump?? (1 Viewer)

It's going to be Trump/Cruz
That was transparent. Trump is already getting his VP considerations and if he can hook in with Cruz he can take the far right with him and also appeal to moderates and even folks who vote left will vote Trump. I know folks don't want to hear that but a Trump/Cruz ticket would be bananas.

Trump/Kasich could be interesting, Ohio a crucial state.

Trump/Carson no way this happens.

Trump/Rubio still think this could eventually be the end ticket. Florida is a must just like Ohio.

Trump/Cruz and that's we will hold the train for now.

Trump is right about leading Jeb...there had to be some behind the scenes agenda stuff there.

Of course Jeb took the bait.... hook, line and sinker.
Jeb always brings out the same emotion from debate audiences.... Pity.
:goodposting: Still amazed how bad he is, GW is easily superior in every way. It's really hard for me to say that, and it is equally as confounding.
That was all Karen Hughes and Karl Rove. The most amazing puppet job in politics ever

That was transparent. Trump is already getting his VP considerations and if he can hook in with Cruz he can take the far right with him and also appeal to moderates and even folks who vote left will vote Trump. I know folks don't want to hear that but a Trump/Cruz ticket would be bananas. Trump/Kasich could be interesting, Ohio a crucial state.

Trump/Rubio still think this could eventually be the end ticket. Florida is a must just like Ohio.

No one on the left votes Trump/Cruz ever.

That was transparent. Trump is already getting his VP considerations and if he can hook in with Cruz he can take the far right with him and also appeal to moderates and even folks who vote left will vote Trump. I know folks don't want to hear that but a Trump/Cruz ticket would be bananas. Trump/Kasich could be interesting, Ohio a crucial state.

Not sure about Trump. If he wins the GOP nomination he's going to go all centrist on us, book it.

Cruz no, I wouldn't vote for Cruz if he was running against Stalin/McCarthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not the far left but there is about 20-30% of voters that swing in the middle with their vote up for grabs. Trump can get a lot of those votes.

Not sure about Trump. If he wins the GOP nomination he's going to go all centrist on us, book it. Cruz no, I wouldn't vote for Cruz if he was running against Stalin/McCarthy.
Trump has jumped the shark for the right - even if he tries to tack to the center he won't get the left once Bill Clinton gets in the fray and wipes him off the map.

Not the far left but there is about 20-30% of voters that swing in the middle with their vote up for grabs. Trump can get a lot of those votes.
See my notes to DD - ain't happening when Bill Clinton destroys him.

Ever since World War 2, the main debate of our foreign policy regarding enemies has been containment vs confrontation. George Kennan vs John Foster Dulles. It has never been a Republican vs Democrat debate; both parties have had plenty of "Hawks" and "Doves". There is also no connection between ones ideology on this issue and on economic or social issues.

Obviously this is a lot more complicated. Trump and Cruz for example came out against regime change against Assad and actually made some very reasonable comments. But at the same time their proposals regarding ISIS were hawkish and totally unreasonable.

Not sure about Trump. If he wins the GOP nomination he's going to go all centrist on us, book it. Cruz no, I wouldn't vote for Cruz if he was running against Stalin/McCarthy.
Trump has jumped the shark for the right - even if he tries to tack to the center he won't get the left once Bill Clinton gets in the fray and wipes him off the map.
I think he's changed everything. The righties are gone vote for him, he just needs to target that 20-25% middle that will get him a win over Hillary.

If you don't think he's gonna slide his slick ### to the center, well...yeah.

They keep saying Trump's numbers won't keep going up...there are 14 candidates or whatever and Trump is starting to close in on 50% of the vote, just the law of numbers dictates that eventually he won't keep rising in the polls but if he flat lines over the 50% line then who cares? He wins at that point.

Look at the reporters all around him, 1st guy interviewed off the stage, something kind of harsh is going to have to derail him. I can see Rubio and Cruz gaining steam but still falling double digits behind at the early primaries.

Ever since World War 2, the main debate of our foreign policy regarding enemies has been containment vs confrontation. George Kennan vs John Foster Dulles. It has never been a Republican vs Democrat debate; both parties have had plenty of "Hawks" and "Doves". There is also no connection between ones ideology on this issue and on economic or social issues.

Obviously this is a lot more complicated. Trump and Cruz for example came out against regime change against Assad and actually made some very reasonable comments. But at the same time their proposals regarding ISIS were hawkish and totally unreasonable.
Wrong Tim. They said get ISIS first and leave Assad to later. They weren't against regime change - just not now. They'll be for war - Cruz is all neo-cons regime change is in his blood.

I think he's changed everything. The righties are gone vote for him, he just needs to target that 20-25% middle that will get him a win over Hillary.If you don't think he's gonna slide his slick ### to the center, well...yeah.
Oh I agree he'll go center. But Bill will come in and show how he went to the right and his clear hipocracy. He'll never be able to repair that with Bill Clinton making the case. Not one of these guys up there are a master at this like Bill Clinton. That speech he gave for Obama after he beat Hillary made the case for the center to go there - this one will be personal.Eta: that 20% is more like 5-10 in the middle its getting smaller

Wrong Tim. They said get ISIS first and leave Assad to later. They weren't against regime change - just not now. They'll be for war - Cruz is all neo-cons regime change is in his blood.
Maybe. Even if you're right it's still a more coherent approach than Hillary's- and I'm a Hillary supporter.

I think he's changed everything. The righties are gone vote for him, he just needs to target that 20-25% middle that will get him a win over Hillary.If you don't think he's gonna slide his slick ### to the center, well...yeah.
Oh I agree he'll go center. But Bill will come in and show how he went to the right and his clear hipocracy. Hell never be able to repair that with Bill Clinton making the case. Not one of these guys up there are a master at this like Bill Clinton. That speech he gave for Obama after he beat Hillary made the case for the center to go there - this one will be personal.
I am the biggest Bill Clinton fan I know, and I'm not sure how involved he'll be in a Hillary campaign. In fundraising sure, but she has the capital to win this on her own and she isn't going to want him overly involved. I think he'll be involved on the speaking circuit with the dinner crowd, and on the Daily Show and the like, but she's not going to let him be the face of any phase of the campaign.

I'm not a Hillary fan, she is too polarizing for my taste, but she's a better politician than any of these GOP guys. They have some work to do because debating in this circle jerk and debating one on one is a different ballgame. She will just destroy Trump, Cruz is too neocon for America to trust, so righties better hope it's Rubio. They need to convince swing votes like me to vote for them.

Trump is right about leading Jeb...there had to be some behind the scenes agenda stuff there.

Of course Jeb took the bait.... hook, line and sinker.
Jeb always brings out the same emotion from debate audiences.... Pity.
:goodposting: Still amazed how bad he is, GW is easily superior in every way. It's really hard for me to say that, and it is equally as confounding.
The Jeb Bush watch partyhttps://mobile.twitter.com/mateagold/status/676946951854825472/photo/1

Yeah this will be a good test of the GOP. Have they completely lost their ability to judge 'electability in a general election'? Cause that answer is Rubio easily.

Trump is like the ####### boyfriend you want your teenage daughter to break up with. The more he acts like an ####### and the more you try to point out his flaws, the more she clings to him

What a pathetic bunch of fearmongering clowns. Cruz looks like he came straight out of a wax museum, where he was one of the attractions.
"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

-- Herman Goering

Trump anywhere in government would be a massive embarrassment to the American people. Akin to electing Jessie the Body in Minnesota, difference being nobody really cares about Minnesota.

:lmao: @ anyone who thinks things will be vastly different with Trump/Cruz/Clinton/Sanders/Rubio as POTUS
Supreme Court appointments will be. Bernie is the choice.
Nothing really changes unless one dies when they are not suppose too. And even then, it will be next to impossible to get a conservative to replace a liberal. It is a long shot to have a major shift in the court. Even with all of Obama's appointments, the ideological makeup of the court is the same, it just has some more youthful and more ignorant liberals. Obama went for dumb and young.

Users who are viewing this thread