What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2016** Miami Dolphins- Playoff Bound!!! The product on the field is starting to match the top organization in the NFL (1 Viewer)

We so need a TE. Its a glaring hole. OL seems to be better at least at pass protection. Receivers should be better once Parker is back and Landry doesn't have all the defensive attention. Pead and Ajayi if he gets his head out of you know where should help the RB group. But that hole at TE is huge. 

We so need a TE. Its a glaring hole. OL seems to be better at least at pass protection. Receivers should be better once Parker is back and Landry doesn't have all the defensive attention. Pead and Ajayi if he gets his head out of you know where should help the RB group. But that hole at TE is huge. 
No....no it does not. Looks like the same #### show I have seen here for a long time. TE is awful I agree. Jordan is a monster bust for us. Parker? That dude can't get off the trainers table or out of the whirlpool.

I am not banking on him for anything anymore. Ajayi? LOL......done.

It's going to be a long long season and until Gase get's a few more drafts this is what we have. A bunch of dreck on the OL, at LB and in the secondary.

The one encouraging thing I saw was Tannehill. I was really encouraged by his moxie, toughness and leadership. He looked in command and his pocket presence...well let's just say it was improved a lot in that first game.

Last edited by a moderator:
No....no it does not. Looks like the same #### show I have seen here for a long time. TE is awful I agree. Jordan is a monster bust for us. Parker? That dude can't get off the trainers table or out of the whirlpool.

I am not banking on him for anything anymore. Ajayi? LOL......done.

It's going to be a long long season and until Gase get's a few more drafts this is what we have. A bunch of dreck on the OL, at LB and in the secondary.

The one encouraging thing I saw was Tannehill. I was really encouraged by his moxie, toughness and leadership. He looked in command and his pocket presence...well let's just say it was improved a lot in that first game.
Having to throw on that TD drive in the last 5 minutes, the OL gave Tanny decent amount of time. In past years we would have 3 straight sacks. The OL pass blocked, can't run block for bleep. But pass blocking was an improvement.

Having to throw on that TD drive in the last 5 minutes, the OL gave Tanny decent amount of time. In past years we would have 3 straight sacks. The OL pass blocked, can't run block for bleep. But pass blocking was an improvement.
That was a great drive. But overall I still see them as a turnstile too often. tanny is going to have to use his feet and mobility more than ever, and I love him when he get's out of the pocket sometimes.

But man....he sure did give me some real hope yesterday. That was a beating he took. An absolute beating. And he did not crumble. He actually put the team on his back. And should have had a win. That ****ing defense.....what a choke job.

That was a great drive. But overall I still see them as a turnstile too often. tanny is going to have to use his feet and mobility more than ever, and I love him when he get's out of the pocket sometimes.

But man....he sure did give me some real hope yesterday. That was a beating he took. An absolute beating. And he did not crumble. He actually put the team on his back. And should have had a win. That ****ing defense.....what a choke job.
Losing Mario to concussion hurt. We were getting pressure with just the DL all game. Without Mario we needed to blitz but never did.

On pace to yield 64 so far

Ministry of Pain said:
Snap Count for the minions...

Kenny Stills 100%

Jarvis Landry 96%...2 plays he wasn't on the field, likely GL run formations. 

Caroo played 45/53 snaps 85%...granted he didn't see a lot of targets. 

The entire OL played every snap, Pouncey of course was OUT. 

Arian Foster 85% of the snaps he was on the field

Jordan Cameron was out there for 87% of the snaps...he's gotta go. 
The team badly needs Parker out there to catch these wide-open deep balls

Ministry of Pain said:
On pace to yield 64 so far
Seattle's D would have gotten 8 against last year's line. Not saying its a great OL but its almost impossible to be as bad as last year. We had a couple occasions where Tanny was able to stand back there and survey the field like other QBs can. Last year's line had a bad combo. It had guards getting pushed back quickly and tackles being beat wide around the corner. That leads to everybody meeting at the QB. With Tunsil in there, the QB has a split second to step up which allows the wide rusher to fly by and gets the QB on the run while still looking to throw downfield.

Seattle's D would have gotten 8 against last year's line. Not saying its a great OL but its almost impossible to be as bad as last year. We had a couple occasions where Tanny was able to stand back there and survey the field like other QBs can. Last year's line had a bad combo. It had guards getting pushed back quickly and tackles being beat wide around the corner. That leads to everybody meeting at the QB. With Tunsil in there, the QB has a split second to step up which allows the wide rusher to fly by and gets the QB on the run while still looking to throw downfield.
Actually...

2013-58 J.Martin debacle

2014-46 

2015-45, they've already proven they can be just as bad as the season before.

2016-5 officially, on pace for 80. 

Have we met Mike? I'm not trying to be a hard ### and if I come across that way my apologies. Hard to find real Phinsfans these days.If you missed any of my page 1 posts, have a good laugh and roll thru the thread. I'm brutal but honest about most of it. 

I'm starting to warm up to THill.  

Actually...

2013-58 J.Martin debacle

2014-46 

2015-45, they've already proven they can be just as bad as the season before.

2016-5 officially, on pace for 80. 

Have we met Mike? I'm not trying to be a hard ### and if I come across that way my apologies. Hard to find real Phinsfans these days.If you missed any of my page 1 posts, have a good laugh and roll thru the thread. I'm brutal but honest about most of it. 

I'm starting to warm up to THill.  
Long time Fish fan. Read your stuff on here and agree with most of it. However, nobody is going to convince me that a line with Tunsil in there instead of Thomas is going to be worse. We aren't playing the Seahawks in Seattle with that crowd noise for 16 games. Stop using an average of 5 sacks based on the worse possible situation in Game 1.

Long time Fish fan. Read your stuff on here and agree with most of it. However, nobody is going to convince me that a line with Tunsil in there instead of Thomas is going to be worse. We aren't playing the Seahawks in Seattle with that crowd noise for 16 games. Stop using an average of 5 sacks based on the worse possible situation in Game 1.
I tend to follow your logic and agree with you. Tunsil is learning but he looks good if you watch his footwork, pretty good stuff. 

I would like for Tunsil to slide to LT, Miami still needs to find interior linemen for the long haul to put next to Pouncey. I'm not loving our RT James. 

I tend to follow your logic and agree with you. Tunsil is learning but he looks good if you watch his footwork, pretty good stuff. 

I would like for Tunsil to slide to LT, Miami still needs to find interior linemen for the long haul to put next to Pouncey. I'm not loving our RT James. 
I agree that James has been disappointing. Didn't worry about him when our guards were horrid. Now that the guards are improved, we see that James isn't very good. Could see Steen who I thought did OK at center, slide to guard. 

• Weeks 1 and 2 have offered a little insight into Miami and their offense. The 1st thing you see is that the OL is still a work in progress. The Guards are playing better but James at RT is not looking like a 1st round pick and in fact he really wasn't Miami settled for him and James had a 2nd round grade on him. Either way he's not getting it done. 
  • Week 1 the Receivers were dropping balls. Week 2 THill didn't get the team moving until they were down 24-0. He had them drinving in the 2nd half down 24-3, with Brissett about to step in as the 3rd strong QB when Ajayi fumbled and the PAts seized on that and went up 31-3. Then THill took advantage of soft coverage and managed to work Miami back into the game. They even were able to toss a Hail Mary from 25-30 out to try and tie it but to no avail. 
  • Parker is producing FF points whether I think he has mad skills or not. Landry is not a good option as your primary weapon. Jordan Cameron is still on the team. 
  • The Miami RB situation is a mess and perhaps should simply be avoided for now. 
  • The Miami DL is not that great, Suh is hanging around us like an albatross now. How many games has he really won for us since we signed him? Get him out of here, the sooner the better. 
  • LB-Kiki Alonso looks like a keeper...maybe. 
  • The Rookie CB Howard has seen a lot of targets coming his way, that is going to continue. 
  • Miami has to start playing closer to the WRs and jam them or re-route them or something but they are running wide open and untouched right now. 
Home game vs another 3rd string QB this week with the Browns rolling thru town. If Miami loses this week they should just close up shop. 

After that they play @Cin and then 4 home games but TEN, PIT, NYJ...those are not pushover defenses right now. Rough waters ahead. If Miami were to lose this week they might free fall to something like 0-8 which would be unthinkable to most in here  myself included. I hope I'm way off and they look good this weekend but even if they do folks will say it's just Cleveland so they probably don't have very high spirits.

Tannehill and Landry are keepers on this offense as skill position players go. The rest are all highly expendable at this point.....including DeVante Parker. I am not a believer anymore. He will be an enigma for us. Tannehill has been showing me more in those first two games than he has since his rookie year. I hope to see continued improvement and leadership. He looks in command out there for the first time since he was drafted. The Gase effect is real.

The RB situation is a muddy mess. Expect to see Ajayi get another shot and lot's of Drake. I expect Williams to be firmly entrenched as the 3rd down back as long as Foster is out. Drafting a front line RB is one of our top priorities going into the off-season. We need a real game changer there (oh wait we had one home grown here in Lamar Miller LMFAO). 

This defense is garbage. 

We should blow out this Browns team this weekend. If we don't......like MOP said. Close up shop.

Hey, question for those going to Sundays game: In previous years, I pre-paid for my parking, but articles I've read about the new SunPass partnership make it sound like you don't need to do anything ahead of time, just show up with your SP. The only thing that worries me is the phrase "in four lots". Does that mean the SunPass spaces could fill up and then we'd be forced to pay at a cash lot?

Didn't watch the game last weekend but had it on in the background during some housework....sounded like Kiko Alonso was in on almost every defensive stop.  If he can stay healthy, dude is a playmaker.  i'm surprised the Eagles gave up on him so soon, though back-to-back knee injuries will do that, I guess.

Hey, question for those going to Sundays game: In previous years, I pre-paid for my parking, but articles I've read about the new SunPass partnership make it sound like you don't need to do anything ahead of time, just show up with your SP. The only thing that worries me is the phrase "in four lots". Does that mean the SunPass spaces could fill up and then we'd be forced to pay at a cash lot?
It rocks, do it. The lots are a little far like where they have the Uber lot set up now, but it's a quick across the street and you are in the stadium pretty fast. I used to park along the snake river/canal area but the Sunpass is easy, make sure you have the $25 on your account so when they zap it you're good. $40 if you do not use SunPass, well worth the $15 you save IMO. 

I did it for Canes game, they only charged me $15 vs $25, Phins are $25 vs $40, no brainer. When you drive in off the Turnpike entrance it will be on your left after you exit if memory serves me. 

Have a blast, the new shade is great. Top Deck or Bottom Deck? I sat up top and I loved it. 

It rocks, do it. The lots are a little far like where they have the Uber lot set up now, but it's a quick across the street and you are in the stadium pretty fast. I used to park along the snake river/canal area but the Sunpass is easy, make sure you have the $25 on your account so when they zap it you're good. $40 if you do not use SunPass, well worth the $15 you save IMO. 

I did it for Canes game, they only charged me $15 vs $25, Phins are $25 vs $40, no brainer. When you drive in off the Turnpike entrance it will be on your left after you exit if memory serves me. 

Have a blast, the new shade is great. Top Deck or Bottom Deck? I sat up top and I loved it. 
Thanks! I got a tour of the stadium a couple weeks ago and it looks great. I'm hoping the shade keeps things cool.

I think the tickets are on the Club level. My friend has an in with the team, and had an extra ticket, so a) I assume they'll be good, and b) can't really complain even if they aren't.

Good luck with the home opener guys! This seems set up to be a good game for the Dolphins.

Whenever you think your team is bad, just look at the Browns and you will realize that things could be a lot worse. 

I'm heading to Miami for the game against the Jets. Last year when we went, parking was a nightmare, especially getting out.

What is my best option for parking at the stadium?

eta: I don't mind walking far to park if it gets me out quicker once I'm in my car.

It might be time to flush and start over already, Tannehill has had enough chances unless he has a quick turn around he needs to go at the end of the year. Might as well give him the rest of the season because Moore isn't the answer and winning 1 or 2 more games only hurts you in the draft. Nothing has improved under Gase, the defense can't stop anyone and worse yet the offense has gotten worse when he was supposed to improve it. The O-line is still horrible, either the staff totally misevaluated them or they have been unable to coach them up at all. We would have been better losing to the Browns and having waiver priority and maybe getting to take a chance on Cooper. Every person, coach and player should be basically interviewing by their performance the rest of this season. Gase might be a good coach someday but he doesn't look ready at this point. Wish we had gotten Hue Jackson, the Browns have much less supposed "talent" on all sides of the ball and are basically the same team performance wise. Hue is getting way more out of his scrubs.

Start your Steelers this weekend boys, they could hang 45+ on Miami.

Problem is there is this perception that we have a lot of talent.....and outside a few players we really don't.

Landry

Jones

Sui 

Parker ???? Still too early

Wake - coming off Achilles and advanced age

Tunsil

I also think the culture here is just god awful and has been ever since Jimmy left. Just a #### show of average to bad. A culture of losing we have not shaken going on 2 decades. 

Gase is going to clean house on this roster this upcoming off season. I will give him 2 more years and two more drafts before I pass judgement on him. With Philbin we knew year one it was a bad hire. But Gase to me is a young bright and no nonsense coach who I feel has a system that can be successful with the right players in it.

He needs a chance to plug in who he wants and have a couple of more drafts (and more importantly the chance to grab his QB).

That is just how pathetic this team is...no one cares enough to even comment after that embarrassment last week.  We've fallen to the level of the Ram, Jaguars and 49ers.

What a roller coaster ride, a month ago I had given up and was ready to pack it in. A bye and three wins later and this looks like a new team. Still has some warts that need to be cleansed but the way they are playing and attitude is just totally different. A win this week against a resurgent Chargers team would be huge because the next two after that (LA and San Fran) are two you should win if you are truly moving forward.

Thus far a great turnaround. Tannehill is one of the toughest SOB's in the league. The kid really showed up yesterday and threw some of his best passes of his career and took massive hits after.

Kid has guts. Lot's of them.

Thus far a great turnaround. Tannehill is one of the toughest SOB's in the league. The kid really showed up yesterday and threw some of his best passes of his career and took massive hits after.

Kid has guts. Lot's of them.
Yep, no one can say he doesn't stand in there. I give Gase a lot of credit he has adjusted his offense to what the team does well, something we haven't seen in a long time. Hopefully the Albert injury isn't severe, the offensive lines run blocking since the starters have been playing has been excellent.

Biggest W is a long, long time.

Just pumped up for relevant football games headed into the holidays.

And hopefully Gase is the answer for HC for a few years to come.

Impressed by how they have finally adapted the offense to the strengths of the team.  

Also impressive is the progress Lippett is making at CB

Lippett impressed me with his play yesterday too. He had one failed coverage that I saw, but he won quite a few of those. The pass rush is impressive. Branch had some nice plays as well as others causing pressure on Rivers.

We have not seen this type of "understanding" how to adapt your offense to your personnel since Shula was here.

I hope Gase is a guy we can have here for along time to come.

I'm not sure what to say. They won 2 games on the road in California back to back to make 5 in a row. I can't remember that happening almost ever but honestly 5 in a row seems like a long time ago. 

I could tell you the 4 interceptions vs Rivers including the run back was fluky or being down 10-0 less than 5 minutes to go in the game and then suddenly the Phins pull it out 14-10. 

I don't believe winning close football games is a skill. Miami is 6-4 and a potential Wildcard team if they continue to win. Schedule is not terrible but they have to travel to Buffalo and New York in December plus Pats at home. 

Still feels very uneven and not sure if Miami really is a 6-4 team. Half their OL was injured yesterday, miracle they won.

Great steal yesterday. Because that is exactly what it was. Pure thievery. They were destroyed for 55 minutes by thatRams defense.

We have what seems again a bunch of injuries on the OL and our depth is brutal. But 5 in a row, two straight on the west coast.

It's been forever since we had a 5 game winning streak.

That was a big-boy win.  The kind of game we are used to being on the other side of with regularity.  The kind of win that confident, competent, winning teams pull out on the road.  Very unfamiliar and delightful feeling to be on the right side of that game.  After the pick-six win last week, its starting to feel like we are onto something here!

I'm considering taking Baltimore next week in my survivor league. Miami looks better but Baltimore has the 2nd best defense. have to like that over the up and down Dolphins. they should have ran away with this game but somehow kept it close enough

thoughts?

I'm considering taking Baltimore next week in my survivor league. Miami looks better but Baltimore has the 2nd best defense. have to like that over the up and down Dolphins. they should have ran away with this game but somehow kept it close enough

thoughts?
Thats a very risky play.  Especially if the Fins OL gets healthy.  6 game win streak including the past 2 with their 3 best OL on the shelf.  I am sure Baltimore will be favored, probably by a FG, and if you dont have any other better alternatives than it is what it is, but thats a ballsy call against a hot team that is starting to really believe in itself.  If they get just 2 of those 3 OL back, the confidence from that will just add on to the growing confidence that they already have.  If they dont get 2 of them back, I could see Baltimore's DL dominatign the trenches, taking Ajayi away, and forcing 17 to throw more than they want to.  But he has looked pretty good!

thoughts?
I'd watch the OL injury news closely.  

Thats a very risky play.  Especially if the Fins OL gets healthy.  6 game win streak including the past 2 with their 3 best OL on the shelf.  I am sure Baltimore will be favored, probably by a FG, and if you dont have any other better alternatives than it is what it is, but thats a ballsy call against a hot team that is starting to really believe in itself.  If they get just 2 of those 3 OL back, the confidence from that will just add on to the growing confidence that they already have.  If they dont get 2 of them back, I could see Baltimore's DL dominatign the trenches, taking Ajayi away, and forcing 17 to throw more than they want to.  But he has looked pretty good!
Yeah this is the kind of information I'm looking for. I agree that betting against a hot team is tough to do. My alternative is GB at home vs Houston, which isn't a terrible pick. NO vs Detroit but Detroit's hot too. Fun stuff. Guess I'll have to pay attention to the injury report this week! 

Miami's OL had it's starting LT Branden Albert, LG Tunsil, C-Pouncey all OUT so anyone judging much vs SF...not so fast. 

7-4 like it or not, teams don't fear us so I don't think we are a great team yet. The Parker injury concerns me. 

Last six weeks 6-0

Six wins in Six Weeks

Six more wins spread out and assuming 10-6 would even get them in but Six more wins could be a trip to the...

Well just when it looked like they were having a nice bounce back game after the Raven fiasco Tannehill gets taken out and the momentum of this year comes to a grinding halt. 

Tannehill might be back if they make the playoffs. I have faith in Moore to win the next 2. We'll see what happens in week 17 vs. NE.

Tannehill might be back if they make the playoffs. I have faith in Moore to win the next 2. We'll see what happens in week 17 vs. NE.
We will see.  Both on the road, division rivals.  These feel like trap games.  Both are must-wins most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread