What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2016** Miami Dolphins- Playoff Bound!!! The product on the field is starting to match the top organization in the NFL (1 Viewer)

Turns out Tannehill is basically a replacement level  qb. This is not horrible news if the team uses that info.
Moore throws flutterballs. THill has the better arm, it's not a question or even a comparison. 

Miami beat a 3-10 team? Jets are wanting a better draft spot right now. I wouldn't make large sweeping conclusions after one week.

That said Go Phins!

The Jets have given up and only won last week because the Niners have given up more. Nothing was learned from this game other than that the Jets continue to be pathetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Patriots winning next week against the Jets (highly likely) and clinching home field throughout the playoffs would be a bonus as they would be likely to rest guys in the final game. While one would hope just winning vs the Bills is enough it could take 2 more wins.

Agreed Moore got the job done and is one of the more solid backups in the league but his throws don't look near as crisp as Tannehill's.

Im not really sure yet if New England is coming in with something to play for or if the Phins make the playoffs but safe to say the team has exceeded most expectations. 

10-5 hosting the Pats next week at the new Hard Rock Roof, Pats are in for a real treat. 

I'm still a little numb we are going to the playoffs
Congrats MoP and Phins fans. I'm here from Steeler-land just passing through, trying to get some insight in our likely 1st round opponent. Looks like the 5 seed is still a possibility but an unlikely one. Steelers are locked into a 3 seed.

Ajayi worries me and Matt Moore has looked serviceable. But I did notice JA clutching his shoulder twice at the end of the Bills game. How healthy is he? Snowy weather could actually favor Miami if Ajayi can run in it better than Ben can throw but playing in the Burgh should be a challenge.

Tannehill might be back if they make the playoffs. I have faith in Moore to win the next 2. We'll see what happens in week 17 vs. NE.
Moore got the job done. He'll obviously be back in against NE. I hope he stays healthy through that game so they won't feel the need to rush Tannehill back before he's ready.

Seems like Tannehill might be ready Week 1 of playoffs. I do not want him risking injury.

Most important for him IMO is a full off season with Gase after what they did this year collectively as a team. 

Future looking brighter?

First time in a long time to be excited about some playoff football. Hoping they are smart Sunday, take it easy on Ajayi if he is indeed banged up. The #5 seed and playing Houston would be nice but they will need the Jay train if they have to go to Pittsburgh.

What a season.  Never expected this team to make the playoffs and when they started 1-4 barely beating Cleveland season seemed doomed.  Doing it down the stretch without guys like Tannehill, Pouncey, and Jones even more insane.

The team finally has a leader and his name is Adam Gase.  He has worked wonders with the offense/Tannehill.  He has called players out in the media and benched them (Ajayi, Parker, and Maxwell for example)...all who played better and came up big.

Offense overall has made big strides.  When the OL is healthy it has looked dominant AT TIMES there is work to do there. Tunsil is a stud in the making.  RB/WR both positions with a lot of positives (expect Stills to be too expensive to return, but efforts should be made). 

Defense needs a lot of work.  Cannot stop the run.  Scheme is odd at times, hopefully Vance Jones gets a job opportunity or learns to change things up.  There is talent on the defense in some spaces, but not enough that upgrades should not be sought all over the place.

GM Slapdash sees $55mm in cap space after getting rid of Mario Williams and Brendan Albert. Plenty of loot. Investing in G, DE, LB, S, and TE in that order.  Between draft and FA probably add two of some of these

What a season.  Never expected this team to make the playoffs and when they started 1-4 barely beating Cleveland season seemed doomed.  Doing it down the stretch without guys like Tannehill, Pouncey, and Jones even more insane.

The team finally has a leader and his name is Adam Gase.  He has worked wonders with the offense/Tannehill.  He has called players out in the media and benched them (Ajayi, Parker, and Maxwell for example)...all who played better and came up big.

Offense overall has made big strides.  When the OL is healthy it has looked dominant AT TIMES there is work to do there. Tunsil is a stud in the making.  RB/WR both positions with a lot of positives (expect Stills to be too expensive to return, but efforts should be made). 

Defense needs a lot of work.  Cannot stop the run.  Scheme is odd at times, hopefully Vance Jones gets a job opportunity or learns to change things up.  There is talent on the defense in some spaces, but not enough that upgrades should not be sought all over the place.

GM Slapdash sees $55mm in cap space after getting rid of Mario Williams and Brendan Albert. Plenty of loot. Investing in G, DE, LB, S, and TE in that order.  Between draft and FA probably add two of some of these
Excellent points Slap. Miami has money and can create a lot more depending on how much culture change Gase determines they need. I see him making a big move either trading guys knowing that Miami doesn't always resign their best ala Lamar Miller and the DE playing in New York. Miami should trade Parker now before they are forced to pay him a lot of money. 

I see the team looking a lot different next year. On defense I think Howard and Maxwell will remain starters. Rashad Jones will come back, maybe they sign a FA guy to bolster secondary.

They need to draft a LB in the first round or two. They need to sign a LB in free agency to pair with Kiko. They need to draft more LBs in the later rounds or bring in some UDFA that was overlooked for shady reasons. 

Branch and Wake...I'm good for now with that. Suh and Phillips inside are a tandem, keep building.

I want to see Miami become a player for one of the top WR/RB like Dalvin Cook, they need playmakers in the modern NFL especially for THill to survive. Jarvis Landry cannot be your best weapon, he can't. 

TE is a hot mess. 

Yeah, I would avoid investing much at all this offseason in WR/RB.  Parker, Carroo, and Drake cost high picks and need room to go. Particularly in draft given dearth on young talent in several core groups. 

Slapdash said:
Yeah, I would avoid investing much at all this offseason in WR/RB.  Parker, Carroo, and Drake cost high picks and need room to go. Particularly in draft given dearth on young talent in several core groups. 
I disagree Slap. We have tried the previous plan many times. I would like to see them go into the draft and find Julio Jones 2.0 wherever they need to move to get him. Cook same way.

We have plenty of money to retool the OL, LB...remember Maxwell Howard and Jones are 3/5 of a decent DB package, you need 5-6.

Get THill premier weapons, it's time to make this offense explosive. If you can score 30 a week you have a chance. 

I just wanted to say congratulations to Dolphins fans for the team making the playoffs and finding a good young coach that the team can develop with.

It seemed a bit like moving chairs on the Titanic early on in the season, but Gase got the teams attention benching top players and that seemed to really light a fire in the team that allowed them to go on a winning streak.

I think there is good reason to be optimistic about this team moving forward.

Is Brandon Albert done? Seems like he is still playing well enough to start, but I don't know how well he has been playing. As a Vikings fan I can tell you, you do not want to have bad starting tackles. If Miami lets him go, the Vikings and other teams would likely be interested.

Also an interesting idea about trading Parker before he will require a new contract. I think Parker has the upside to become the featured offensive weapon in this offense, which is what MOP is saying he would like to see. Obviously that hasn't happened yet. Parker needs to take better care of himself and stay healthy, but I do think Parker has the upside to become a player similar to AJ Green.

There are no WR in the 2017 draft that I value more than Parker. So I think it makes more sense to see if Parker can develop to his potential or not. as I don't see any better alternatives. Teams tend to keep their star players, so the only way to get players like this is through the draft.

Dalvin Cook is a better RB than Jay Ajayi. But I think that 1st round pick would be better spent on a defensive player or offensive lineman than Cook. As Jay is pretty good himself, plus Drake has shown some signs with making big plays. Why not continue to see what these guys can do for a season and get better somewhere else?

I think the Miami RB group is pretty solid as Williams has some very useful skills as well. There is also a lot of depth at the RB position where teams can be adding contributors in the 4th round and later.

Lippet played well at times at corner, but expectations are really low as well. The Dolphins need help in the secondary and at LB a lot more than an offensive superstar.

I have seen 3 safety players ranked in the top 10 of one mock draft I looked at. That is remarkable. This is a rare draft that actually has multiple safeties wth 1st round grades, as well as some quality depth behind it. Last season was Karl Joseph and that is about it for safeties who can cover. If Miami could pair a really good safety with Jones, I think the corners will play a lot better due to that support, whoever they are.

Remember when Atlanta was coming off I believe a playoff appearance and they were going to be picking in the 20s and they moved up in the draft to take Julio Jones. I would like to see Miami be a player in the draft and bring a game changer in here. Cook and Ajayi would make a great tandem or a dynamic WR. Tight Ends take time to develop. Stop wasting picks on OL, start bringing in big time talent at the skill positions, elite talent is what THill is going to need to succeed. Not just good but great. 

Remember when Atlanta was coming off I believe a playoff appearance and they were going to be picking in the 20s and they moved up in the draft to take Julio Jones. I would like to see Miami be a player in the draft and bring a game changer in here. Cook and Ajayi would make a great tandem or a dynamic WR. Tight Ends take time to develop. Stop wasting picks on OL, start bringing in big time talent at the skill positions, elite talent is what THill is going to need to succeed. Not just good but great. 
It all starts on the OL MOP. We have to be able to move people, open holes and pass protect for any of this to work. We need excellent tackles and earth moving guards and IMO finding a new starting center as Pouncey can't stay on the field anymore and IMO ha a chronic hip issue that has red flags all over it now.

I was very pleased with how the team overachieved. Because let's face it.....they did. I think Drake can be the lighting and Ajayi has shown he can be the thunder. Williams is a nice 3rd down back....but I see Drake overtaking him in that role if he can get good in pass protection. WR's we look strong and resigning Stills needs to happen. 

TE is a huge area of need....finding a "Move" TE is tough but we need one. Tannehill needs a big vertical threat down the middle.

But that OL must be tended too for all of this to work.

We are aging on the DL with Wake on his last stand and Mario Williams done. So if an elite like DE is there in the 1st round.....pounce on him.

I think in the draft you always take your highest graded player regardless of position (except K,P of course). Take the best talent always. I hope Gase can have another productive draft and free agency will be crucial this year to get some veteran talent on the defensive side of the ball. We have a lot of holes to fill at LB and DB IMO. Getting Jones back will be great. He is the cog in that secondary and his run support is second to none.

Good things in the teams future. Let's see if Tannehill can truly take the next step into the tier right below 4-5 elite QB's in this league (I don't think he will ever be elite, but surround him with enough talent he can be good enough). Again though....the only way that happens is a very strong OL. The hits finally caught up to him as he was taken out at the knees. He is one of the most beat up QB's in the league every year. That kid has taken a beating. He can't last if this continues.

OL is my #1 priority followed by LB, DE, CB, FS, TE

It all starts on the OL MOP. We have to be able to move people, open holes and pass protect for any of this to work. We need excellent tackles and earth moving guards and IMO finding a new starting center as Pouncey can't stay on the field anymore and IMO ha a chronic hip issue that has red flags all over it now.

I was very pleased with how the team overachieved. Because let's face it.....they did. I think Drake can be the lighting and Ajayi has shown he can be the thunder. Williams is a nice 3rd down back....but I see Drake overtaking him in that role if he can get good in pass protection. WR's we look strong and resigning Stills needs to happen. 

TE is a huge area of need....finding a "Move" TE is tough but we need one. Tannehill needs a big vertical threat down the middle.

But that OL must be tended too for all of this to work.

We are aging on the DL with Wake on his last stand and Mario Williams done. So if an elite like DE is there in the 1st round.....pounce on him.

I think in the draft you always take your highest graded player regardless of position (except K,P of course). Take the best talent always. I hope Gase can have another productive draft and free agency will be crucial this year to get some veteran talent on the defensive side of the ball. We have a lot of holes to fill at LB and DB IMO. Getting Jones back will be great. He is the cog in that secondary and his run support is second to none.

Good things in the teams future. Let's see if Tannehill can truly take the next step into the tier right below 4-5 elite QB's in this league (I don't think he will ever be elite, but surround him with enough talent he can be good enough). Again though....the only way that happens is a very strong OL. The hits finally caught up to him as he was taken out at the knees. He is one of the most beat up QB's in the league every year. That kid has taken a beating. He can't last if this continues.

Nice post. 

I feel like Albert and Pouncey will be here next year like it or not, that is what the gut says. How about flipping Tunsil to LT, Albert to RT and James walks? I know they drafted James in the 1st but he was a 2nd round grade, they drafted on need, hasn't worked out great. Bushrod is done. They need interior line help. That can be found in the middle rounds or Freee Agency if they are sharp. I still am not burning 1st round picks on OL. 

I use Parker as trade bait, I'm ready for Caroo to get his shot, bring back Stills. Extend Parker but understand he cannot be your best weapon on offense. 

LB big priority, agree but Miam is notoriously horrible in drafting them. Get lucky once in a while. Miami could use an impact playmaker at Corner and Safety. 

Nice post. 

I feel like Albert and Pouncey will be here next year like it or not, that is what the gut says. How about flipping Tunsil to LT, Albert to RT and James walks? I know they drafted James in the 1st but he was a 2nd round grade, they drafted on need, hasn't worked out great. Bushrod is done. They need interior line help. That can be found in the middle rounds or Freee Agency if they are sharp. I still am not burning 1st round picks on OL. 

I use Parker as trade bait, I'm ready for Caroo to get his shot, bring back Stills. Extend Parker but understand he cannot be you best weapon on offense. 

LB big priority, agree but Miam is notoriously horrible in drafting them. Get lucky once in a while. Miami could use an impact playmaker at Corner and Safety. 
We have to give Parker this next season to turn the corner, his physical gifts are undeniable. Will he become a true pro? If he does we have a potential elite WR to pair with one of the best possesion recivers in the league in Landry. Then we have Stills and Caroo who can also develop into a red zone monster and we are looking strong.

Agree on the guards......but if a super stud Tackle falls to us again we must take him. Albert has one more season left IMO and thats if he can stay healthy. James is average at best. 

Should be a fun off-season!

Disappointing ending but at least they finally found their HC - decades of bums and they finally hit on a good one.

Continue to build the OL and yesterday made it painfully obvious the D needs serious help - specifically CB and LB.

Also an interesting idea about trading Parker before he will require a new contract. I think Parker has the upside to become the featured offensive weapon in this offense, which is what MOP is saying he would like to see. Obviously that hasn't happened yet. Parker needs to take better care of himself and stay healthy, but I do think Parker has the upside to become a player similar to AJ Green.

There are no WR in the 2017 draft that I value more than Parker. So I think it makes more sense to see if Parker can develop to his potential or not. as I don't see any better alternatives. Teams tend to keep their star players, so the only way to get players like this is through the draft.
My thoughts exactly.  Encouraged by Parker's progress this year, but he has too many close misses in the corner of the end zone. I'm confident that will improve with more offseason time with Tannehill. 

I agree with taking the player with the highest grade for the most part. This draft has multiple defensive ends, better than last year, so maybe that ends up being the best option.

I mentioned the safeties because it is rare to have so many good ones as there are this year. So maybe a really good one falls to where Miami is picking.

This doesn't look like a very good draft for offensive tackles. Maybe better options at guard.

I agree with taking the player with the highest grade for the most part. This draft has multiple defensive ends, better than last year, so maybe that ends up being the best option.

I mentioned the safeties because it is rare to have so many good ones as there are this year. So maybe a really good one falls to where Miami is picking.

This doesn't look like a very good draft for offensive tackles. Maybe better options at guard.
I agree.  Need multiple inputs at some of these positions.  Sign one and then draft BPA at a key position

Users who are viewing this thread