What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2021 Ryder Cup (2 Viewers)

Summer Wheat said:
My wife said DJ is not the best looking dude, lucky he got Paulina.  I told her looks do not matter if you are raking the coin.
There are a lot of not all that great looking golfers.  They almost all have incredibly beautiful wives or girlfriends or whatever.

SWC said:
what a day brohans take that to the bank
Pretty solid day of sports for Wisconsin.  Gets us over the beat down the Badgers took.

Ryder Cup...US dominates in Wisconsin for captain Stricker

Brewers clinch the division.

Packers win.

EU will be ok with Rahm, Hovland, Fitz, Rory, Fleetwood...need Rose to rebound...I was thinking Cam Smith was English...they'll need another wave of youth.

Watching again this morning and noticed the only match that ended with cold shoulders was Cantlay v Lowry.

EU will be ok with Rahm, Hovland, Fitz, Rory, Fleetwood...need Rose to rebound...I was thinking Cam Smith was English...they'll need another wave of youth.

Watching again this morning and noticed the only match that ended with cold shoulders was Cantlay v Lowry.

Ok may not be good enough.  Rahm was perhaps -4 yesterday and got steamrolled by what was thought to be a supporting player.  

DJ who just went 5-0 is just 37.  He's likely to be the oldest player in the next go on the US side.  That matters.  It's a pretty big grind to play 36.

I mean I hate Spieth, but he has a tough sled to simply qualify for the team next go round, he'd be taken before probably all but two euros on that side.  US golf has simply gotten that good and the Euros could barely field a team of PGA pros.  Arguably, they didn't.

I noticed that too but just chalked it up to Lowry being so competitive and disappointed.

You look at the Euro list of guys who "just missed" and there aren't a lot of guys whose career is on the upswing. Maybe Migliozzi or Thomas Detry. Meanwhile US has guys like Zalitoris, Homa, Sam Burns.

My bets on top rookies for each side were declared "won" but essentially I just got my stake back.  Was there a multi-way tie for top rookie for both US and Euro?  I haven't been able to find it on the googles.

Rahm is a beast and cornerstone for next 20 years.  Hovland is such a good iron player that he'll be there but nobody is afraid of his chipping or putting - both key in Ryder Cup.  Fitz is a notch below.  Rory - wow.  He's mental and doubt he's ever as good as he once was.  Doubt is a #####.  Fleetwood would never even be considered for the US team.  Spunky and can sink putts but falls short elsewhere.  Rose is toast.  At least for Ryder Cup.  Captain material.  

The Euro team is in massive trouble for at least the next 5 cups. Of even making it interesting.

You look at the Euro list of guys who "just missed" and there aren't a lot of guys whose career is on the upswing. Maybe Migliozzi or Thomas Detry. Meanwhile US has guys like Zalitoris, Homa, Sam Burns.
They've got some chips beyond that.  Hojgaard and MacIntyre come to mind first.  I think they should have seen the writing on the wall when the selections were made and went in this direction with a couple of picks simply to onboard for Rome.

That interview with Rory was so visceral and raw.  I was emotionally moved.  Gained a lot of respect for him after that.

They've got some chips beyond that.  Hojgaard and MacIntyre come to mind first.  I think they should have seen the writing on the wall when the selections were made and went in this direction with a couple of picks simply to onboard for Rome.
You're right - those 2 are very good

Yeah he'll be good. Seems gritty, too.

That interview with Rory was so visceral and raw.  I was emotionally moved.  Gained a lot of respect for him after that.

Right there with you.  I've always like him anyway but that was raw.  Same with Westwood and Poulter on Sky.  Lots of emotions.

Grahamburn said:
He’s consistently the best interview in sports today.

Absolutely an insane atmosphere to witness live.. Bryson teeing off on #1 was as good as it gets... The crowd was crazy..

Oh, on a side note, you Cheese Heads know how to drink some beer!  Fremont WI was a cool little town with some awesome little bars.. 
“And remember this: You are not, you are not alcoholics. You, and my hat is off, are professionals.” - Lewis Black

Absolutely an insane atmosphere to witness live.. Bryson teeing off on #1 was as good as it gets... The crowd was crazy..

Oh, on a side note, you Cheese Heads know how to drink some beer!  Fremont WI was a cool little town with some awesome little bars.. 

My video of Bryson teeing off on #1 on Friday noon: U S A

And yes, drinking with Cheeseheads was a blast! The Wisconsin Old Fashioned was our fav. as it was loaded with options/questions from the bartender. When I order an Old Fashioned in New Orleans it just comes quickly, in WI it goes like this:

"I'd like a Wisconsin Old Fashioned."

"Would you like bourbon, rye or brandy?"

"Rye."

"Would you like sweet or sour?"

"Sour." Surprisingly sour means you'd like a shot of Sprite in your OF.

"Would you prefer muddled fruit or OF mix?"

"Uh, muddled."

"Coming up and thank you for drinking Wisconsinly."

Wisconsin bartenders are the nicest people on the planet!

My video of Bryson teeing off on #1 on Friday noon: U S A

And yes, drinking with Cheeseheads was a blast! The Wisconsin Old Fashioned was our fav. as it was loaded with options/questions from the bartender. When I order an Old Fashioned in New Orleans it just comes quickly, in WI it goes like this:

"I'd like a Wisconsin Old Fashioned."

"Would you like bourbon, rye or brandy?"

"Rye."

"Would you like sweet or sour?"

"Sour." Surprisingly sour means you'd like a shot of Sprite in your OF.

"Would you prefer muddled fruit or OF mix?"

"Uh, muddled."

"Coming up and thank you for drinking Wisconsinly."

Wisconsin bartenders are the nicest people on the planet!
lol.. I thought I was in your video until I saw it was "Friday"... I have a video of him from behind on Sunday...

I know people don't care for him, but it takes stones to tee off on #1 against arguably the greatest Ryder Cup player of the Euro era, have the crowd frenzied when you grab driver, and then deliver that 340 yard carry onto the green.  That and Spieth's cliffside moon flop are the lasting images of the Cup for me.

Bryson is socially awkward, does his own thing and doesn't listen to anyone else (and is willing to tell you about it), and his post bad-shot routine is cringey.  All harmless IMO, but the kinds of things a lot of people glom onto.  Brooks just seems like kind of a #### sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread