What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official 2022 college football thread: its conference realignment season. (1 Viewer)

Georgia 10-0 (Has Kentucky, Georgia Tech and LSU? left)
Ohio State 10-0 (Has Maryland, #3 Michigan and possibly ? left)
Michigan 10-0 ( Illinois and @ Ohio State and possibly ? left)
TCU 10-0 (Baylor , Iowa State & ? left?)
Tennessee (9-1) (South Carolina & Vanderbilt + possibly SEC Championship)

Any other REAL contenders?

Both Oregon and Tennessee got blown out against Georgia. The rain in the second half made Georgia go more conservative and take their foot off the gas. Wash. Committee is ranking UCLA way too low imo.

:lmao:

• Oregon lost by FOURTY SIX POINTS dude... TRIPLE the margin the Vols lost by.... TRIPLE the closing Line..... they got embarrassed.
  • Tennessee lost by 14.... 4-5 points off the opening/closing line.... roughly in line with expectations.
We all know you're a homer, but this is BEEJ level of silliness to try to compare the two. Just stop :lmao:

Thanks for your opinion on UCLA being too low. Unfortunately the people who's opinions that matter, as well as Sagarin (who has them at 18, and is pretty good at this) disagrees with you.
You are embarrassing yourself calling me a homer when you refer to Vols as "we." I watched both games and yes there was not much of a difference in Tenn and Oregon games. Oregon moved the ball just fine against Georgia but didn't convert in red zone. A garbage time TD for Tenn after down 3 tds in the first half and rain causing Georgia to go comservative helped make it appear like it was a two score game. It was dominated by Georgia, just like against Oregon.

So 14 + 7 = 46 now? 😂

If we join you in your Neighborhood of Make believe where Tennessee somehow didn't score (even though they did), Then Oregon STILL lost by more than DOUBLE that made up amount.

I don't even need to come up with Mr Rodgers scenarios where Oregon failed to get in the end zone at all... because that's reality. :coffee:

Yes, I may be a fan, but at least I'm not resorting to made up scenarios and trying to imply that getting boatraced by 43 is. The same thing as losing by 14 😂 THAT's some homer ####.
Georgia crushed both teams and the game was over by the 2nd quarter. There is no difference in the two other than Oregon played them 1st game of the year with a new coach and system.

😂 Check out Mr Rodgers over here sticking with his story.

So Tennessee didn't outscore Georgia in the 2nd half while Oregon continued to get thumped 21-0?

Who's Troll Alias is this, nobody is this disconnected from reality 😂
It's like you aren't even reading my posts. I am done talking about this with you. I guess I would be excited too if my team hasn't been relavent for 20 years.

Sick burn bro. You got me. Guy who's team has never won a natty is throwing shade 😂

Trust me, I'm reading your posts. But yes. Tennessee was trash for 20 years. 100% true. 👍🏼

Back to the present: Oregon and UCLA officially out of the rodeo.

USC, you're up

Last edited:
I am a Michigan man but I can`t stand watching the offense.

Never seen any team run right up the middle play after play after play after play. I know it is working as the grind out 4-5-6-7 YPC but it is difficult to watch at times. They have 3-4 skilled WRs. McCarthy has skills but he has overthrown at least 8 wide open long plays this season.
Are we sure. I mean, I love Ronnie Bell, don't get me wrong, but the rest? I see easy catches dropped left and right in every single game. I do agree McCarthy is going to have to get in some practice on the deep throws, but it's tough to do when the dink/dunk and running game works just fine.

Never seen any team run right up the middle play after play after play after play. I know it is working as the grind out 4-5-6-7 YPC but it is difficult to watch at times. They have 3-4 skilled WRs. McCarthy has skills but he has overthrown at least 8 wide open long plays this season.

Michigan is 10-0 and rushing for 250 yards per game. ANd they now have the best scoring and yardage D in the country.

Sit back and enjoy, my friend.

Last edited:

Michigan is 10-0 and rushing for 250 yards per game. ANd they know have the best scoring and yardage D in the country.

Sit back and enjoy, my friend.

I agree. Just would like to see a little imagination once in awhile.

Self afflicted losses hurt as much as the other ones. Gash dang that was a tough one to swallow. Hats off to UW.
Sorry, GB.

Just as a neutral observer, that was a helluva fun game to watch.

If the Pac-whatever is going to exist going forward, having Oregon and Washington both be good is crucial.

Boy Ole Miss sure botched the last drive of the game.

What situation would you rather be in. Down by 6 at the 14 with enough time to get off 4 plays, 5-6 plays if you get a first down or get OB for the win. Or trying to hang on and get a stop for the win?

Are we sure. I mean, I love Ronnie Bell, don't get me wrong, but the rest? I see easy catches dropped left and right in every single game. I do agree McCarthy is going to have to get in some practice on the deep throws, but it's tough to do when the dink/dunk and running game works just fine.
Those skilled wrs never seen to generate any separation, no matter how crappy the defense they're facing is. With the strength of their run game, those wrs should be facing 1-on-1 coverage almost every play, and should be wide open for McCarthy to hit.

I also suspect that hes coached to throw the ball to places where his guy catches it, or nobody does.

Self afflicted losses hurt as much as the other ones. Gash dang that was a tough one to swallow. Hats off to UW.
Sorry, GB.

Just as a neutral observer, that was a helluva fun game to watch.

If the Pac-whatever is going to exist going forward, having Oregon and Washington both be good is crucial.

It was entertaining for sure and taking both twins with me was such a delight. 5 years ago, they were about to plant me in an early grave so now, being able to take them to a game like that and enjoy all the sights, sounds and excitement of a thrilling game *Chef's Kiss*.

I'd MUCH rather watch a game like that then blow out games where it was over by half time.

Those skilled wrs never seen to generate any separation, no matter how crappy the defense they're facing is. With the strength of their run game, those wrs should be facing 1-on-1 coverage almost every play, and should be wide open for McCarthy to hit.

I also suspect that hes coached to throw the ball to places where his guy catches it, or nobody does.
Right....I think the WR could use a good bit of upgrades

The Division 2 playoff field was just announced. Super Region 1 (basically the northeast) is well represented by the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference. Indiana University of PA is the #1 seed and has next week off. Shepherd (who plays in WV :penalty:) is the 2 seed and Slippery Rock plays the #3 seed Assumption.

PA football - it's awesome.

The Division 2 playoff field was just announced. Super Region 1 (basically the northeast) is well represented by the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference. Indiana University of PA is the #1 seed and has next week off. Shepherd (who plays in WV :penalty:) is the 2 seed and Slippery Rock plays the #3 seed Assumption.

PA football - it's awesome.
My alma mater NW Mo State had a down year (9-2) and is playing the #4 seed Ouachita Baptist (11-0) to move on to play the #1 seed Grand Valley State. Not too hopeful...but GOCATS!!!

Sweet blizzard game on ESPNU - CMU/WMU.

This game should NEVER be played during the week, though. It deserves a Saturday.

This game should NEVER be played during the week, though. It deserves a Saturday.
Exactly. ESPN took the best rivalries and moved them to midweek nights, just killed the atmosphere. Toledo -BG is another that should never be moved.

Exactly. ESPN took the best rivalries and moved them to midweek nights, just killed the atmosphere. Toledo -BG is another that should never be moved.
Well obviously the MAC had to agree to it. Don’t know why espn gets all the heat here when the conference made the decision as well.

Also, I watched half of Central-Western last night. Would’ve seen literally zero of it on a normal Saturday. The whole Maction thing has to be good exposure.

Well obviously the MAC had to agree to it. Don’t know why espn gets all the heat here when the conference made the decision as well.

Also, I watched half of Central-Western last night. Would’ve seen literally zero of it on a normal Saturday. The whole Maction thing has to be good exposure.

Can they at least put some of those cardboard cutouts of fans in the seats like we did during Covid to make it LOOK like people there care?

My wife went to Central. She said she would go to the tailgates, party and go back to party elsewhere. She doesn't remember ever going to an actual game.

Can they at least put some of those cardboard cutouts of fans in the seats like we did during Covid to make it LOOK like people there care?

My wife went to Central. She said she would go to the tailgates, party and go back to party elsewhere. She doesn't remember ever going to an actual game.

This work?

This work?

:lmao:

We saw that last night. My god, this picture looks like an outtake of 1982's "The Thing". I'm cold just looking at it.

No doubt. Actually Mount Pleasant police was all for it I’m sure also.

And starting next year, C-USA will be doing the mid week thing too.

what does that have to do with anything?

what does that have to do with anything?
It’s been the biggest party weekend of the year for both schools. many of those weekends have gone bad and needed a lot of police involvement. Add nearby Mich St students and it can get ugly.

Matt Rhule to Nebraska it appears.
Things have been very quiet. It has been pretty much confirmed that Rhule and his wife visited the facilities just recently. The message boards, Twitter and Reddit jumped on that like an announcement we coming soon. As far as I know, that's the first time he would have been there. Not sure it's as done of a deal as people think, but who knows?

Agreed - weekday night MACtion is a win for the conference, so schedule the rivalries on a Saturday in October.

Users who are viewing this thread