What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Brandon LaFell - I just... LaFell in love. (1 Viewer)

Brandon LaFell reportedly has the No. 2 wide receiver job "pretty much locked up."

The job was LaFell's to lose as soon as the Panthers let Legedu Naanee walk after last season. The third-year LSU product has proceeded to hold off the likes of David Gettis, Louis Murphy and Joe Adams with ease. As an every-down receiver in OC Rob Chudzinski's aggressive system, there's a ton of breakout appeal in LaFell. He posted 613 yards, 17.0 yards per catch and three touchdowns in limited playing time a year ago.
Rizzler, you so fly.
Really looking forward to seeing what laFell does this year. Been stashing him for 2 years in a dynasty league because I've always loved his ability and potential. I never doubted he would win the WR2 job this off-season. It's time for him to do something with it though.

If they like Lafell why trade for Murphy? Nfl team never make trades! I think Murphy, Gettis and Pilares will end up Glueing Lafell to the bench. There is like 10 Wr's still on the roster and Smith is old. Longterm it looks as if they want to solve this issue now. Those are the only names I know of the bunch, seems like a real competition going on and I wouldn't pick a sleeper until major roster cuts happen. factor in the guys they keep will have to play teams and it doesn't look good for Lafell

Brandon LaFell reportedly has the No. 2 wide receiver job "pretty much locked up."

The job was LaFell's to lose as soon as the Panthers let Legedu Naanee walk after last season. The third-year LSU product has proceeded to hold off the likes of David Gettis, Louis Murphy and Joe Adams with ease. As an every-down receiver in OC Rob Chudzinski's aggressive system, there's a ton of breakout appeal in LaFell. He posted 613 yards, 17.0 yards per catch and three touchdowns in limited playing time a year ago.
Rizzler, you so fly.
Its painfully obvious you do not watch the games

If they like Lafell why trade for Murphy? Nfl team never make trades! I think Murphy, Gettis and Pilares will end up Glueing Lafell to the bench. There is like 10 Wr's still on the roster and Smith is old. Longterm it looks as if they want to solve this issue now. Those are the only names I know of the bunch, seems like a real competition going on and I wouldn't pick a sleeper until major roster cuts happen. factor in the guys they keep will have to play teams and it doesn't look good for Lafell
It doesn't look good for Lafell even though every report indicates he is running away with the WR2 job? Perhaps Car wants to upgrade their WR3 - WR6 and that is why they are adding guys like Murhpy. Perhaps they are worried about depth because of Smith's age. There are many reasons they could be adding WRs that have little to nothing to do with LaFell.

Rizzler, you so fly.
This from a guy who spent all last season talking down Foster:Opinion value = 0

Hook. Line. Sinker.

Keep your "painfully oblivious", er, "obvious" opinions to yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't look good for Lafell even though every report indicates he is running away with the WR2 job? Perhaps Car wants to upgrade their WR3 - WR6 and that is why they are adding guys like Murhpy. Perhaps they are worried about depth because of Smith's age. There are many reasons they could be adding WRs that have little to nothing to do with LaFell.
Bro I don't even know where the quote came from. I doubt anyone checked if it's credible. He had one good game vs. Tampa and now he running away with job that 9 people are applying for? I question things like that. Who said it? Why? Are they qualified to say so? Whats their track record on such calls?I don't think he's a better talent than Murphy or Gettis, the young guys we can ignore. And to add a cherry on top I question if Cam Newton can feed 2 WR enough to be fantasy relevant. Greg Olsen is good but he wasn't a every week starter like he could be.

Rizzler, you so fly.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

Why dont you check out the last post in that thread?

Rizzler, you so fly.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

Don't need to. You spent the entire thread hyping Tate, downgrading Foster.Im spending this thread hyping LaFell. I've watched him play (guess what? Not just panther fans watch Panther games)... and if I'm wrong, then I'll make it up to you by saying "PC, you were so unbelievably correct... it was painfully obvious I don't know the cats like you"

Rizzler, you so fly.

Hook. Line. Sinker.

Don't need to. You spent the entire thread hyping Tate, downgrading Foster.Im spending this thread hyping LaFell. I've watched him play (guess what? Not just panther fans watch Panther games)... and if I'm wrong, then I'll make it up to you by saying "PC, you were so unbelievably correct... it was painfully obvious I don't know the cats like you"
I wrote:
Did rizzler kill himself? Looks to me like Foster lost his job
and then this came out
Coach Gary Kubiak announced Monday that Ben Tate will be the Texans' lead back until Arian Foster's hamstring fully heals.

"He's playing really well," Kubiak said of Tate. "Ben's probably going to carry most of the load right now. ... He's going to be out there a great deal." Kubiak also praised Tate's pass protection for the second straight week. Foster didn't look fully healthy during the first half of Houston's Week 2 win over Miami, and had to shut it down at intermission.
So whats your point again?

Which games did you watch that you got this incredible scouting report on Lafell?

Im spending this thread hyping LaFell. I've watched him play (guess what? Not just panther fans watch Panther games)... and if I'm wrong, then I'll make it up to you by saying "PC, you were so unbelievably correct... it was painfully obvious I don't know the cats like you"
I'm with you. I've watched LaFell for the past 3 years, started paying attention his final year at LSU. I've always liked his ability a lot. I think he has WR1 potential in the NFL, though not good enough to be a top guy. Not seeing the reason for all the hate.I do share ShaHBucks concern that Newton can't really feed a WR2 well enough to reward fantasy owners though. I guess we'll see. I'm hoping that Car/Newton start focusing more on going through the reads and less running.

anyone else buying on Brandon LaFell?

Looked very good the first 2 games. QB is chucking the rock. Getting a fair amount of targets.

Could be a fantastic WR3 going forward with WR2 potential all over it.
Pantherclub,Check out my FIRST post in this thread. You must have the reading comprehension of a squirrel with autism.

When the hell did WR3 with WR2 upside become "an incredible scouting report"?

Im spending this thread hyping LaFell. I've watched him play (guess what? Not just panther fans watch Panther games)... and if I'm wrong, then I'll make it up to you by saying "PC, you were so unbelievably correct... it was painfully obvious I don't know the cats like you"
I'm with you. I've watched LaFell for the past 3 years, started paying attention his final year at LSU. I've always liked his ability a lot. I think he has WR1 potential in the NFL, though not good enough to be a top guy. Not seeing the reason for all the hate.I do share ShaHBucks concern that Newton can't really feed a WR2 well enough to reward fantasy owners though. I guess we'll see. I'm hoping that Car/Newton start focusing more on going through the reads and less running.
Nobody is "hating" the more informed of us are simply saying outside of 1 maybe 2 games Lafell has flopped. He has struggled to separate and catch the ball. When Newton throws for over 4000 yards and you only catch 36 balls thats a pretty telling number. If he cannot get it done this year then I am not sure if he ever will.

Looked very good the first 2 games. QB is chucking the rock. Getting a fair amount of targets.

Pantherclub,Check out my FIRST post in this thread. You must have the reading comprehension of a squirrel with autism.

When did a receiver with 70 career catches become a fantastic WR3?

:lmao:

You're proving my point about your reading comprehension quite well.So, thanks for making this easy.

i'd say anyone listed as a WR2 on a high powered offense is a potential WR3 regardless of who they are.

i'd say anyone listed as a WR2 on a high powered offense is a WR3 regardless of who they are.
this is the year we shall see

i'd say anyone listed as a WR2 on a high powered offense is a potential WR3 regardless of who they are.
I wouldn't say 21 passing TD's is high powered.

alright. cam has a rocket arm and the ability to spread the ball around. with shockey and nanee gone, lafell is now the 3rd or 4th options at least in the offense. last season he was the 5th or 6th. i like his chances to put up better numbers with cam having another season under his belt and the lafell with another under his, but even if the passing TD's stay the same i think lafell's chances are good to improve on last years numbers.

alright. cam has a rocket arm and the ability to spread the ball around. with shockey and nanee gone, lafell is now the 3rd or 4th options at least in the offense. last season he was the 5th or 6th. i like his chances to put up better numbers with cam having another season under his belt and the lafell with another under his, but even if the passing TD's stay the same i think lafell's chances are good to improve on last years numbers.
But it will take a massive improvement to get to WR2 status (double the FP would more or less make him a low end WR2) - there was another thread earlier this summer about LaFell that was abandoned when this was resurrected where this was hashed and rehashed out.

But it will take a massive improvement to get to WR2 status (double the FP would more or less make him a low end WR2) - there was another thread earlier this summer about LaFell that was abandoned when this was resurrected where this was hashed and rehashed out.
right, which is why i said i like his potential as a WR3.

In the preseason game against the titans, on the first drive, LaFell got called for holding on a nice 29 yard screen pass to DWill, then on the second, he didn't get his head around in time to spot a hot read by Cam Newton.

I just LaFell out of love.
What happend? Drops? Injured?
He has 1 catch for 25 yards and in the game right now. Not sure what thats about.
Open the game thread, we discussed it. Guys honestly what are you hoping for? LaFell started and was on the field the entire time with Newton. he made a bonehead holding call 28 yards downfield that stopped a huge play. He also looked lost on a pass, that was drive 1...why am I explaining this exactly because the lower his stock the better as far as I am concerned. 2nd drive he made a terrific catch, good separation, 25 yards. He only needs about 4 receptions a game to cause some damage. He has a high ypc and I think 50 receptions here will gain him about 750-800 yds, 4-6 TD, that would be great for a WR5 I am grabbing in the 11th/12th round.Murphy came on with Derek Anderson and did rack up a bunch of yards in short order but he was not in there with the 1st team. I do see Murphy quietly seizing the WR3 but he will likely stay there for now.

I just LaFell out of love.
What happend? Drops? Injured?
He has 1 catch for 25 yards and in the game right now. Not sure what thats about.
Open the game thread, we discussed it. Guys honestly what are you hoping for? LaFell started and was on the field the entire time with Newton. he made a bonehead holding call 28 yards downfield that stopped a huge play. He also looked lost on a pass, that was drive 1...why am I explaining this exactly because the lower his stock the better as far as I am concerned. 2nd drive he made a terrific catch, good separation, 25 yards. He only needs about 4 receptions a game to cause some damage. He has a high ypc and I think 50 receptions here will gain him about 750-800 yds, 4-6 TD, that would be great for a WR5 I am grabbing in the 11th/12th round.Murphy came on with Derek Anderson and did rack up a bunch of yards in short order but he was not in there with the 1st team. I do see Murphy quietly seizing the WR3 but he will likely stay there for now.
:goodposting:

LaFell looking like a solid WR3, Dodds has him ranked WR30 for the rest of the year. He's a must own for Steve Smith owners since LaFell becomes the #1 if Smith gets dinged.

Id sell while I still could. The Saint are making everyone look good right now and I still don't think he's a difference making type of Wr. 2 cents thrown

Id sell while I still could. The Saint are making everyone look good right now and I still don't think he's a difference making type of Wr. 2 cents thrown
Considering he was drafted as a WR5, you don't think he can put up at least WR3 numbers? Who would you try to get for him that you trust more going forward? The guy's shown steady improvement. I don't agree that now is the time to bail.

While often fos rizzler hit this one out of the park. Its why I have lafell at a 18 round keeper value. :banned:
If you took the time to read thru some of Rizzler's BS he really has some solid picks (and of course, some wiffs)Just sayin', my DET QB loving friend. :excited: but compliment accepted... ill let rizz know.

I've had this guy in a dynasty since he came out and I've always kind of liked him but, to be honest, I really think I've seen this before. There's no doubt he has talent but right now it looks more to me like the flashes he gives every once in a while and not a true improvement. I'm also looking at how both teams that have played the saints have torn them up and it makes me temper that also. Of course, this week will probably be more of the same because the giants can't stop anyone either.

My gut, as an unbiased owner (he's just one of those guys I've rostered but never really fallen in love with or hated), is that he has trade value right now but he's not as good as people are thinking right now.

First of all the guy is being used out of the backfield too now. His role is expanding and hes catching his targets that are growing by the game. Once defenses start keying in on steve smith, Lafell is only going to get better. His rapport w Cam is growing and he is the future at receiver on this team so I only see his role expanding over the year. Definitely see WR 2 upside if he keeps producing at this level. People have to stop hating. What has Louis Murphy ever done? (aside from have a nagging injury)

First of all the guy is being used out of the backfield too now. His role is expanding and hes catching his targets that are growing by the game. Once defenses start keying in on steve smith, Lafell is only going to get better. His rapport w Cam is growing and he is the future at receiver on this team so I only see his role expanding over the year. Definitely see WR 2 upside if he keeps producing at this level. People have to stop hating. What has Louis Murphy ever done? (aside from have a nagging injury)
In what world have defenses not been keying in on Steve Smith yet?

Considering he was drafted as a WR5, you don't think he can put up at least WR3 numbers? Who would you try to get for him that you trust more going forward? The guy's shown steady improvement. I don't agree that now is the time to bail.
He's slow, skinny and Louis Murphy is a better version of him. Why are we acting like this is his first time seeing the field? He has played a lot and never did anything aside from a 91 yard td in a meaningless game last year in week 16. Longterm I don't like him either, Kealoha Pilares is the name to watch.

He's slow, skinny and Louis Murphy is a better version of him. Why are we acting like this is his first time seeing the field? He has played a lot and never did anything aside from a 91 yard td in a meaningless game last year in week 16. Longterm I don't like him either, Kealoha Pilares is the name to watch.
What do you mean hes never done anything? He has produced very well on the amount of targets hes gotten.I'm confused lol 2011 36 613 3 56 2010 38 468 1 77 1 60keep in mind Jimmy Clausen was throwing him the ball in 2010 seems like a pretty normal upward progression to me

He was stuck behind Naanee for most of the time last season, as he knew the system better.

What do you mean hes never done anything? He has produced very well on the amount of targets hes gotten.I'm confused lol 2011 36 613 3 56 2010 38 468 1 77 1 60keep in mind Jimmy Clausen was throwing him the ball in 2010 seems like a pretty normal upward progression to me
I'm excited now

He was stuck behind Naanee for most of the time last season, as he knew the system better.
Now there's still players there killing his value.

I'm excited now
What is all the attitude for? lol

Users who are viewing this thread