What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official CJ Spiller (2 Viewers)

u never ever bench your stud. period. commonsense for all fantasy football managers with experience.
And what happens when the stud stops being a stud? He's been putting up WR5 numbers all season and tonight? We're well into the 2nd quarter and he's rushed for three yards. I want him back to his RB1 self, I don't want to bench my #2 pick, but this is getting ridiculous.

Why did he even suit up? He should've just rested his ankle for next week.
It doesn't help in fantasy, but in real life I have a lot more respect for Spiller than a guy like McFadden. At least he wants to play even if he's not 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine ever owning a bigger first round pick bust than this guy after a month.

Hilarious that 2 weeks ago people were like, what's the problem? He rushed for 100 yards vs the Panthers and don't worry about Jax since Spiller only needs a few touches to go off. Yeah.

I of course remember that pre-season quote: "we're gonna play Spiller til he vomits." I'm the only one vomiting now.

I of course remember that pre-season quote: "we're gonna play Spiller til he vomits." I'm the only one vomiting now.
Lol now that's funny.

Unfortunately he's not even being used as a decoy. At least if he were, Spiller owners could smile for 3 seconds before getting pissed once again

I can't imagine ever owning a bigger first round pick bust than this guy after a month.

Hilarious that 2 weeks ago people were like, what's the problem? He rushed for 100 yards vs the Panthers and don't worry about Jax since Spiller only needs a few touches to go off. Yeah.
I had cj2yardspercarry. I'm getting flashbacks.

It's a shame people are throwing him under the bus. He is injured and you knew it. Was someone pointing a gun at your head forcing you to play him?

It's a shame people are throwing him under the bus. He is injured and you knew it. Was someone pointing a gun at your head forcing you to play him?
You deactivate players who are hurt and cannot play. Pretty simple actually. I blame Marrone that POS

Its ok guys marone is a smart coach. Hes using Freddie to wear down the defense early and keep Spiller fresh.

He will run on fresh legs against a tired defense in the 4th quarter and bust off a long one.

Yeah I thought he was an easy bench tonight so I don't care really. Actually I'd rather they didn't use him...but it's easy to see why he's struggling when you see this offense in action.

Yeah I thought he was an easy bench tonight so I don't care really. Actually I'd rather they didn't use him...but it's easy to see why he's struggling when you see this offense in action.

LargeMouthBass said:
LargeMouthBass said:
This thread will be filled with "Why the F@## did I start Spiller!!! after the game.

Same S#$t different day...
I hate to quote myself but only 5 minutes in and my prediction came true...
You should write content

Of course I left his points on my bench as I didn't trust him--but I can't be too upset. He finally showed some signs of life. He showed some burst even with a gimpy ankle. If he makes it through this game healthy--I like that he has an extended period of time to heal--so I guess things are starting to look up.

Took the damn dog out and missed Spiller's best play of the year.

At least my beer taste better now and I'll sleep a little better tonight.

Don't worry, you can watch the highlight on nfl.com after clicking 3-4 times, sitting through two ads, and having the highlight cut off for another video.

Such a ####ty website.

First touchdown of the year and you guys are all told ya so. Let's see how it wraps up. 59 yards, 1 td, no receptions... not exactly elite numbers yet.

[ETA: don't get me wrong. I'm a Spiller owner and a fan. I'm a little bitter... disappointed... but ultimately I want him to bounce back. I hope he does.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't worry, you can watch the highlight on nfl.com after clicking 3-4 times, sitting through two ads, and having the highlight cut off for another video.

Such a ####ty website.
Wow. Do you review books too? That is a dead on description.

First touchdown of the year and you guys are all told ya so. Let's see how it wraps up. 59 yards, 1 td, no receptions... not exactly elite numbers yet.
Who said anything about "told ya so". I don't think anyone is proclaiming Spiller is suddenly living up to his pre-season billing based on one play. Those of us who gambled and started him are just relieved that after a miserable start to this game he finally did something.

Bitter sweet forgot im playing against him in my other league...would have realy been kicking myself had i benched him!

I draft fjax last year and he gets hurt while spiller is a stud. Take spiller thus year and fjax us a stud

Users who are viewing this thread