What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Commitment to America Plan Thread *** (1 Viewer)

For decades Republicans have argued that the federal government should have no role in public schools; that should be up to the state and local authorities. I guess with this new “parent bill of rights” they’re tossing that completely overboard.

Like @whoknew wrote, I’ve no idea what’s in this bill of rights, but I suspect it’s an attempt to protect our children from the horrors of transsexualism and a more accurate telling of black history. These seem to be the two “issues” that modern day conservatives are obsessed with.
So you think they are racist and bigoted? Good job regurgitating the party line, comrade.

You have to be the most brainwashed person on these boards.
When it comes to talk of edcuation these days...trans/LGBTQ+ and CRT are the issues conservatives are talking about, aren't they?
We have a thread here claiming the NEA is promoting resources teaching rimming and fisting.

“We’re going to stop runaway spending and curb inflation”: first line of the first pillar.

For the whole of my lifetime, the Republican Party has promised to cut runaway spending. Yet not once when they have had power have they ever cut ANY spending. So why should anyone believe this?

As far as curbing inflation, obviously that would be wonderful. My question is the same one I’ve been asking for months: how? What exactly are Republicans going to do?

They can pass a spending bill and call it the "Inflation Reduction Act". That was enough to fool Democrats.

For decades Republicans have argued that the federal government should have no role in public schools; that should be up to the state and local authorities. I guess with this new “parent bill of rights” they’re tossing that completely overboard.

Like @whoknew wrote, I’ve no idea what’s in this bill of rights, but I suspect it’s an attempt to protect our children from the horrors of transsexualism and a more accurate telling of black history. These seem to be the two “issues” that modern day conservatives are obsessed with.
So you think they are racist and bigoted? Good job regurgitating the party line, comrade.

When it comes to talk of edcuation these days...trans/LGBTQ+ and CRT are the issues conservatives are talking about, aren't they?
We have a thread here claiming the NEA is promoting resources teaching rimming and fisting.
New rule, you can’t post about education unless you can spell it

:oldunsure:

Typo police. Thanks.

I just hope his plans include us non-real Americans! I notice a lack of concern about this divisive language :lol:

all the deplorables maybe like Hillary called us conservatives? semi-fascist like Biden called us?

I didn't see that in the GOP news, did you ?

I'll make you a deal

You can teach my kids transexualism and critical race theory and single parent homes and all that and I'll trach your kids white pride and heterosexual stuff and that everyone controls their own destiny and guns are good and black people are racist too

deal ? unless you DON'T want me teaching your kids that ... in which case I agree, its not my job to teach your kids stuff like that and in return? I'll ask you not teach my kids your idealism's

fair ?

I'll make you a deal

You can teach my kids transexualism and critical race theory and single parent homes and all that and I'll trach your kids white pride and heterosexual stuff and that everyone controls their own destiny and guns are good and black people are racist too

deal ? unless you DON'T want me teaching your kids that ... in which case I agree, its not my job to teach your kids stuff like that and in return? I'll ask you not teach my kids your idealism's

fair ?

What is white pride?

If you want the preview
Seems important. Were there actual screenshots at one point to back up her summary?
My browser is blocking images, are they not there? LOLOL. Friggin Nancy might be too old to do intertubesing

You guys were flipping out about these. Hillary deplorables was like a bumper sticker campaign for you.

true

now what did GOP call liberals - you seem to be asking that when you said " us non-real Americans! I notice a lack of concern about this divisive language"

maybe I missed it in the press release ?

What is white pride?

being proud of who you are, your heritage, your ancestors maybe your religion or even your affiliated groups

its like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pride

only for white people
I don't think white people are all from the same place.

I don't think you'll find anyone taking issue with Italian pride, or Irish pride, or Greek pride, or Norwegian Pride. Those are all different countries with drastically different heritages to be proud of.

What is white pride?

being proud of who you are, your heritage, your ancestors maybe your religion or even your affiliated groups

its like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pride

only for white people

I don't think you'll find anyone taking issue with Italian pride, or Irish pride, or Greek pride, or Norwegian Pride. Those are all different countries with drastically different heritages to be proud of.

I was about to write something very similar but I couldn't word it as well as you did.

such a weird comment

I don't even really know what it means? black people from Greece can't celebrate black pride?

Typo police. Thanks.
Nice sense of humor ya got there

such a weird comment

I don't even really know what it means? black people from Greece can't celebrate black pride?
My point is "white" isn't a culture or a heritage. It's a color.

Honestly, same holds true for "black", it's just a color. In our country it is synonymous for "African American" and if people want to have pride in their shared experience of being stolen from their homeland, enslaved, overcoming that, overcoming racist things like Jim Crow, etc... cool IMO.

Likewise, if people want to be proud of being descended from early settlers here who established the colonies, no one is going to get on their case for doing so. If they want to visit Jamestown to see what it was like for their ancestors, or Plymouth Rock, they can. If you're white and your ancestors came here through Ellis Island, you can go visit there and be proud of them surviving the journey here and establishing a new life that led to you. All of these places are national parks and exist just to celebrate these things.

There is no one single unifying story for the masses of white people who live here, there are lots of little stories. Maybe your family came here due to the Irish potato famine. Maybe they got a land grant from the King of England. Maybe they won tickets on the Titanic in a poker game. Could be practically anything. Unfortunately for people who are "black", the vast majority ended up in the US under the similar experiences, slavery. So, for them celebrating their history and finding pride in it is a joint exercise. It would be pretty off base for a Black Greek who came here a couple years ago to involve themselves in the black pride stuff, and they most likely wouldn't want to, they'd rather go to a big street festival for Greek Easter or something that was more similar to their own experiences.

such a weird comment

Honestly, same holds true for "black", it's just a color. In our country it is synonymous for "African American" and if people want to have pride in their shared experience of being stolen from their homeland, enslaved, overcoming that, overcoming racist things like Jim Crow, etc... cool IMO.

Likewise, if people want to be proud of being descended from early settlers here who established the colonies, no one is going to get on their case for doing so. If they want to visit Jamestown to see what it was like for their ancestors, or Plymouth Rock, they can. If you're white and your ancestors came here through Ellis Island, you can go visit there and be proud of them surviving the journey here and establishing a new life that led to you. All of these places are national parks and exist just to celebrate these things.

There is no one single unifying story for the masses of white people who live here, there are lots of little stories. Maybe your family came here due to the Irish potato famine. Maybe they got a land grant from the King of England. Maybe they won tickets on the Titanic in a poker game. Could be practically anything. Unfortunately for people who are "black", the vast majority ended up in the US under the similar experiences, slavery. So, for them celebrating their history and finding pride in it is a joint exercise. It would be pretty off base for a Black Greek who came here a couple years ago to involve themselves in the black pride stuff, and they most likely wouldn't want to, they'd rather go to a big street festival for Greek Easter or something that was more similar to their own experiences.
False. That person froze to death in the North Atlantic and did not father any children

I just hope his plans include us non-real Americans! I notice a lack of concern about this divisive language :lol:

all the deplorables maybe like Hillary called us conservatives? semi-fascist like Biden called us?

I didn't see that in the GOP news, did you ?
If you are not “racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic”…then she did not call you deplorable. In quotes are specifically those she called deplorables.

such a weird comment

False. That person froze to death in the North Atlantic and did not father any children

He didn't have to die, there was enough room on the door.

such a weird comment

He didn't have to die, there was enough room on the door.
Do you listen to Bill Simmons' Rewatchables podcast? I believe that was mentioned in the "picking nits" section of their Titanic episode. (Simmons' other point, which I totally agree with, was how crappily Winslet's character treats her husband. Guy marries her, raises kids and grandkids, and she's still mooning over a one-night stand she had more than eight decades ago).

no color is a culture or heritage

sold from their homelands yes, and it wasn't just one color - throughout history every color was sold and every sex from just about every if not all nations

we could go into that bolded deep !!

this is steering wayyy off topic - suffice to say I'm not going to teach your kids white pride and please don't teach mine black pride and I'll not teach yours that XXXX and in return please don't teach mine YYYY

that was my point and its valid - many many people don't want politic's and ideals/views taught in schools - I don't want yours imprinted on my kids and I'm sure you don't want mine imprinted on yours

deal ?

sold from their homelands yes, and it wasn't just one color - throughout history every color was sold and every sex from just about every if not all nations

this is steering wayyy off topic - suffice to say I'm not going to teach your kids white pride and please don't teach mine black pride and I'll not teach yours that XXXX and in return please don't teach mine YYYY

that was my point and its valid - many many people don't want politic's and ideals/views taught in schools - I don't want yours imprinted on my kids and I'm sure you don't want mine imprinted on yours

deal ?
We teach the story of Plymouth Rock, the pilgrims, Jamestown, Ellis Island already. We can't teach about slavery and Jim Crow?

We teach the story of Plymouth Rock, the pilgrims, Jamestown, Ellis Island already. We can't teach about slavery and Jim Crow?

different than CRC

and you know it, and I know it

again, - let me teach my kids political idea/religion/morals/ethics and in return you can teach yours - k ?

or ..... you can let me teach your kids and influence them .... would you be ok with that ??

deal ?
Why can’t we? I learned about them in school.

different than CRC

and you know it, and I know it

again, - let me teach my kids political idea/religion/morals/ethics and in return you can teach yours - k ?

or ..... you can let me teach your kids and influence them .... would you be ok with that ??
What is CRC? Did you mean CRT?

Where did you get to CRT from black pride anyways?

CRT continues to NOT be taught at public school BTW.

deal ?
Why can’t we? I learned about them in school.
It seems like that's what SC is saying. I'm confused by this entire exchange. He starts out talking about white pride, and now it's somehow gotten to CRT in schools. I'm not connecting whatever dots he is IMO

Like @whoknew wrote, I’ve no idea what’s in this bill of rights, but I suspect it’s n attempt to protect our children from the horrors of transsexualism and a more accurate telling of black history. These seem to be the two “issues” that modern day conservatives are obsessed with.
they were are right. education should stop at local level. scores have gone down since the Carter started that pos DOE.

deal ?

We didn't land on Plymouth Rock

Typo police. Thanks.
Ironic post

such a weird comment

Still can't believe Rose couldn't move her *** over and make room for our boy.

deal ?

Talk about echo chambers and safe spaces. It's impossible to have your kids go through school and not have other ideals and morals presented to them. Maybe home schooling is the best solution at that point.

It seems like that's what SC is saying. I'm confused by this entire exchange. He starts out talking about white pride, and now it's somehow gotten to CRT in schools. I'm not connecting whatever dots he is IMO
That's his objective...to send you down the rabbit hole. He does it in every single thread.

deal ?

Talk about echo chambers and safe spaces. It's impossible to have your kids go through school and not have other ideals and morals presented to them. Maybe home schooling is the best solution at that point.
That’s the single biggest fallacy of this entire debate, IMO. These parents and politicians think that if they can control the schools’ curricula, their kids will never learn about any of the things they don’t want them to know about. It’s always been a myopic view, but in the age of the Internet it’s particularly ridiculous

Last edited:
Here’s an idea, let’s do nothing and have the left say the right doesn’t do anything.
Here's what you can do - maybe more teachers from the right? Why is it such a left dominated profession? (and probably always has been, so I hope we aren't pretending as though this is a new thing to have our kids taught by a bunch of democrats).

Users who are viewing this thread