What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Dez Bryant (1 Viewer)

Listening to Dr. Chao on XM radio. He basically said something didn't add up. It said some similar things that Dr. Brew said.

Good luck if you own Dez this year.

Tex

So Shefter has a story from unnamed teammate, that Dez was late or missed 20 to 40 meetings in his career.

We know he missed three appointments this year.

Dez's response: I'm America's most hated.

He's a child. Dallas should trade him now and let their young QB develop without that man child around. Of course, the enabler that is Jerry Jones would never do that. 

Just got offered Dez & Eagles D (currently have no defense) for TY in a redraft...

Im a risk taker usually and I love me some Dez but I think Ill decline probably

He's a child. Dallas should trade him now and let their young QB develop without that man child around. Of course, the enabler that is Jerry Jones would never do that. 
Ya trade a guy whos played 10-12 games in 2 years while injured/coming back from injury with basically a 45mil deal...Sure he'll fetch a boat load from numerous potential takers   :unsure:

Ya trade a guy whos played 10-12 games in 2 years while injured/coming back from injury with basically a 45mil deal...Sure he'll fetch a boat load from numerous potential takers   :unsure:
Patriots, Raiders, Bengals Jets all come to mind regarding being willing to take chances on headcases/players like him.
Can't tell me one of them might not jump at the chance to add a talent like Dez to their arsenal. Would significantly upgrade each team immediately

Last edited by a moderator:
Patriots, Raiders, Bengals Jets all come to mind regarding being willing to take chances on headcases/players like him.
Can't tell me one of them might not jump at the chance to add a talent like Dez to their arsenal. Would significantly upgrade each team immediately
Do they have the cheddar under the cap to make the move?  Big cap hits and dead money. 

Got this joker at top of the 3rd. Thought he'd be a value. Boy was I wrong. Ill have to go back and see who I passed on and kick myself for it.

According to NFL Network's Jane Slater, Dez Bryant (knee) will play this week if he "feels good" on Friday.
He returned to practice Wednesday after missing the previous two weeks with a bruised knee. Bryant said he's okay waiting another week if he isn't 100 percent by Friday. That would push his return back to Week 8 following the Cowboys' bye in Week 7. However, Bryant said he was able to run his favorite routes on Wednesday and felt good doing it. We're guessing he'll be back this week barring a setback.

Source: Jane Slater on Twitter 
Oct 12 - 4:35 PM

Encouraging he was out there yesterday jogging with no brace. If he does play this week, I think it'll be in certain packages, then a week off and then full go Week 8.

I don't know...Don't underestimate the "revenge" factor of coming back to Lambeau after getting screwed in '14. Dez has a strong sense of pride that could play a serious factor if he suits up. I'm betting he will knowing he has an additional week off afterwards.

Gottabesweet said:
Encouraging he was out there yesterday jogging with no brace. If he does play this week, I think it'll be in certain packages, then a week off and then full go Week 8.
I agree with this. I am surprised he is jogging no brace, but then again he's not cutting or taking hits. I am still worried if he plays that if he takes a hit badly that he could be done for the season. I'd be extremely surprised if he suited up this week, but then again if it's up to him then I expect to see him. I always have to account for "alternative medicines" helping these guys heal faster than normal. Not making accusations, a lot of what the NFL players use to heal faster is actually legal for them to do so if I'm up to date on that list. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect this is the Cowboys F-ing with their opponents. 

From the getgo Schefter and others said he'd come back after the BYE. Then we get the vague report of "good news from Dr Andrews!" and he works out on the side with "a chance to play" but doesn't play. Then the next week he's limited working out on the side and it's "we'll see how he feels Thursday. We'll see how he feels Friday. There's a chance he'll play/I won't rule him out/he traveled with the team" and he didn't play. This week we've heard everything from "I won't rush back" to "I can't hurt it more by playing on it" to he might play to depends on Friday practice....

Very frustrating as a Bryant owner, but at this point it seems like a pattern. Romo comes back after the BYE, tough matchup at GB regardless....I'm not holding out any hope that he'll be useful this week. If he starts, great, but man is this getting old. 

I agree with this. I am surprised he is jogging no brace, but then again he's not cutting or taking hits. I am still worried if he plays that if he takes a hit badly that he could be done for the season. I'd be extremely surprised if he suited up this week, but then again if it's up to him then I expect to see him. I always have to account for "alternative medicines" helping these guys heal faster than normal. Not making accusations, a lot of what the NFL players use to heal faster is actually legal for them to do so if I'm up to date on that list. 
Would something like PRP injection help his condition, or is this just a matter of bones knitting up? 

I remember when Owens broke his leg, and was sleeping in a hyperbolic chamber and doing all kinds of crazy stuff - and he was out thee playing pretty close to top form on a barely healed broken leg. (meanwhile McNabb was puking and played really poorly IIRC) 

Just curious what some of the alternate medicines you're referring to. 

Every player in the league is one play away from this scenario. It's not how smart players play and think and shouldn't be for us, either.  Players want to play and nobody is bubble wrapping a player and "saving" him for something that may never come to be. Perhaps if it were an older QB and we're talking about needing one game to get in the playoffs or something, then yeah, but it's early October and Dez is in his prime, age -wise.  If he can play, he will.  

Every player in the league is one play away from this scenario. It's not how smart players play and think and shouldn't be for us, either.  Players want to play and nobody is bubble wrapping a player and "saving" him for something that may never come to be. Perhaps if it were an older QB and we're talking about needing one game to get in the playoffs or something, then yeah, but it's early October and Dez is in his prime, age -wise.  If he can play, he will.  
Not every player had a crack in their bone. If you don't think he's at a greater risk of a season ending injury then I cannot help you

Would something like PRP injection help his condition, or is this just a matter of bones knitting up? 

I remember when Owens broke his leg, and was sleeping in a hyperbolic chamber and doing all kinds of crazy stuff - and he was out thee playing pretty close to top form on a barely healed broken leg. (meanwhile McNabb was puking and played really poorly IIRC) 

Just curious what some of the alternate medicines you're referring to. 
PRP might. Bone has a lower blood supply so anything that improves it help. 

Prp, hyperbolic chambers, antler spray, something cool I don't even know about

No sense in him pushing it. I'm hoping he practices and rests for these next couple weeks and then comes back fresh and ready to dominate.

No sense in him pushing it. I'm hoping he practices and rests for these next couple weeks and then comes back fresh and ready to dominate.
Not trying to single you out but a lot of people say this on the board and the fact of the matter is that every game counts in the NFL, especially for coaches. If he can go, he'll go.

So now they're reporting that Dez "feels good enough to play"

not, "he'll play", that's still a GTD.

:wall:

since all my other WRs have 1:00 starts, he won't play for me. 

Im pretty sure this is just more BS out of the Cowboys. 

Hope most of you caught this game, it was one of the best football games ever. Seattle v NE was close, but this game was just good football. A few comments about the catches that Dez didn't make. On all replays Dez was running great routes and getting open. On at least two replays Dez was wide open (once down the middle, once over to the right sidelines), but Dak couldn't get the ball down under duress. Dez is playing great football and there doesn't seem to be any hangover from the injuries.

There was a catch in the second half where Dak threw the pass for about 20 yards before Dez was even thinking about cutting, then Dez cut right to make a clean catch and went to the ground. This is how he was running his routes all day. Dak may not quite have the timing down on these plays, even though the one I described was as perfect as it gets. He has so many options for check downs and he's making them work for him like a veteran. Dak-Dez combo could be lethal as Dak keeps his progression going on these reads, Dez should be easily top 5 for fantasy playoffs (@NYG, TB, Det).

It was an emotional game for Dez, heard during the game that his father passed away the night before. He knelt after his long TD and cried, followed by a long hug from Garrette.

I think Dez was a great buy for redraft and dynasty too a few weeks back ... I bought and am happy. Prescott is only going to get better, I like the targets, the end zone looks ... everything. 

"It was an emotional game for Dez, heard during the game that his father passed away the night before. He knelt after his long TD and cried, followed by a long hug from Garrette."

I was wondering about Dez's kneel down.   At first I thought maybe he tweaked something again - sorry to hear about his dad.  My son's teammate went through something very similar and it was a tough situation.

Then had to bury his dad the day before this week's game.  I can't imagine the emotions he was going through.  Great game, especially considering the situation! 

Crickets in here--- after a brutal week that was a mixture of Good defense (JJ can play) bad Dak and bad Dez (he ran some brutal routes, had bad fumble, etc).... is everyone still starting this guy?? The run heavy offense stinks 

Who knows what to do with him. They eat the clock with the slow it down O, running eats more clock and so there are few opportunities unless Romo gets in there. This week's loss did not help matters.

Thoughts on Dez this week? Just not the same player with Dak. Thinking of starting Crowder and Diggs over him in a couple of leagues. 

Thoughts on Dez this week? Just not the same player with Dak. Thinking of starting Crowder and Diggs over him in a couple of leagues. 
Between the injury and his struggles, not sure myself.  But he is still ranked really highly by everyone.  Debating him vs. Tyrell and/or Gabriel.

For a team that didn’t suffer its second loss of the season until December, the Dallas Cowboys sure have a lot of drama.

Between a rough schedule for the remainder of the year, the shine coming off of rookie quarterback Dak Prescott, and the very real possibility that the Cowboys could tumble down the standings before the playoffs, one might even argue that Dallas is on the verge of disaster. And in this week’s episode of the “Make Me Smarter” football podcast, NFL insider Michael Lombardi argues that Dez Bryant is the major reason for the Cowboys’ relative struggles of late.
:lmao:

The hyperbole is out of control. Cant even watch TV anymore.

I am starting Dez with low confidence. I will be sick to my stomach if he has another clunker while I had Landry on my bench and who knows what Tyreek Hill does today. I can't find it in myself to start those guys over Bryant. After this week....that might change if I survive.

Yup, Im going to bench him as I have good options, strong CB on other side and that back of his needs rest. Might bench Witten for Fleener but not sure. If im a coach rest em this week and get them in roll mode next week. 

Users who are viewing this thread