What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'Fear The Walking Dead' Thread*** (2 Viewers)

I don't mind the slow burn or lack of zombies. I mind the poor writing.
Yeah, when I heard they got much better actors it got my hopes up thinking they got better writers too. Disappointed so far, not because of lack of zombies but because of the bad writing. The initial outbreak should be the most interesting time of a zombie apocalypse.

Corporation said:
IvanKaramazov said:
El Floppo said:
his johnny depp imitation bothered me more.
Thank you! I kept saying last night that that kid was a Johnny Depp look-alike and was even copying some of his mannerisms, and my son just rolled his eyes at me. I'm glad somebody else picked up on this.
I also thought someone spent too much time watching 21 Jump Street and Edward Scissorhands
For me it was kind of like Dave Franco as Young Johnny Depp.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's tough about this show is that we have to imagine a world where people have not been inundated with "zombie" themed shows and movies for years. In the TWD universe, the concept of a zombie is foreign, so noone really knows what the hell is happening and it's inconceivable for a corpse to re-animate. Obviously if that happened in our reality, we'd immediately recognize it as "zombie" stuff. If you can accept that, you can watch the show and imagine what it would be like as things slowly unraveled. I like this part of it. The world was already a nightmare when Rick woke up. Now we get to see how this all played out in TWD Universe.

Seeing that Jesus was the original zombie and that we were created in gods image ,maybe God is really a zombie and he has reinvented man in his REAL and true image

Watched this again last night.. Wife slept through it on Sunday and wanted to watch. I liked it a little better the second time.

Thinking the mother is a recovered addict, or maybe her husband was and was killed. Or her addiction somehow got him killed and she got herself clean but blames herself for his death and for her son's addiction.

Watched this again last night.. Wife slept through it on Sunday and wanted to watch. I liked it a little better the second time.

Thinking the mother is a recovered addict, or maybe her husband was and was killed. Or her addiction somehow got him killed and she got herself clean but blames herself for his death and for her son's addiction.
Absolutely she or her ex had an issue. She said it was her fault/in his DNA.

Yes. Also, when they were walking towards the crime scene near the end Travis said something to the effect of "we don't know what to expect down there".. She said "I do" like she's been there before. And in the church she seemed to recognize where Nick slept, like she recognized that type of layout.

Yes. Also, when they were walking towards the crime scene near the end Travis said something to the effect of "we don't know what to expect down there".. She said "I do" like she's been there before. And in the church she seemed to recognize where Nick slept, like she recognized that type of layout.
You think maybe perhaps shes been through this before with her son?

It's clear that the police and hospital already knew something was going on. It's just now getting to the point when citizens are going to start becoming aware.

If you have a junkie kid, you're probably at least a little happy about a zombie invasion because it's gonna be really hard to cop.
all I could think was detox is going to be a #####.

-- ok--- everybody quiet, we're hiding in this room from the zombies animated corpses.

-- I NEED A ####### HIT DAMMIT!

It's clear that the police and hospital already knew something was going on. It's just now getting to the point when citizens are going to start becoming aware.
Meaning millions of internet nerds would also be aware and posting #### all over. Like we'd have a zombie apocolypse thread here with 25 pages

Meaning millions of internet nerds would also be aware and posting #### all over. Like we'd have a zombie apocolypse thread here with 25 pages
like pimply faced kid, who brought a steak knife to school to defend himself?

So you think that if the police and all that hospital staff were advised that people would re-animate after dying or become zombies after being bitten that it would stay on the down-low? Shhheeeeeettttttt....

They were starting.. As mentioned above... Pimple face :nerd: brought a knife based on what he read on the internet.. Kids in class were watching a video of a "zombie" and said "It can't be real"..

So you think that if the police and all that hospital staff were advised that people would re-animate after dying or become zombies after being bitten that it would stay on the down-low? Shhheeeeeettttttt....
I'm not sure. How long did Verizon Google and Apple turning over user data to the government stay on the down low?

I'm not sure. How long did Verizon Google and Apple turning over user data to the government stay on the down low?
But these are zombies. :shock:

I think we're not very far chronologically from the original cases of zombieism. Episode one was maybe day 3 or something. According to CDC doc, the virus didn't go global for 2 months. That means something is happening and the incidents are initially isolated enough that the government has been able to keep things hidden from the general public. But the information is going viral and by episode 2, the general public will be aware of the crisis.

Dear God, guy, could you drop it with this? There is inherently going to be a point in the zombie outbreak where zombies are starting to appear in sporadic fashion, some first responders know about at least some of these, but most people don't and/or don't believe the reports that have leaked out. It isn't going to go from a perfectly normal day at 8:00 am to the fall of Saigon at noon.

Dear God, guy, could you drop it with this? There is inherently going to be a point in the zombie outbreak where zombies are starting to appear in sporadic fashion, some first responders know about at least some of these, but most people don't and/or don't believe the reports that have leaked out. It isn't going to go from a perfectly normal day at 8:00 am to the fall of Saigon at noon.
Yeah, I don't get his clinging to their being some sort of conspiracy to hiding this. A geeky teenager said he heard about it and brought his knife to school that day. He didn't bring it a month ago, so all of this is just now happening. He just heard about it. Again, we all know about the virus/whatever from TWD. Someone has to get bitten, which causes them to die and turn or they die naturally after getting the virus/whatever. It is clear that not everyone has the virus/whatever yet. If everyone did, then everyone who died yesterday would have turned and there would be a lot more mention of it on the Internet/news shows. Everything is just now spreading and as we saw in the school, it takes a bit more than youtube videos for people to believe in zombies. It won't take long, but it will take more than day 1.

Is there a chance they make the characters in Fear too logical and thus kill TWD? They totally have a chance to do a better job here.
Doubt it...no blood at all at the scene of Calvin's shooting...so it looks like the writers will continue to make illogical leaps to get from plot point to plot point.

Is there a chance they make the characters in Fear too logical and thus kill TWD? They totally have a chance to do a better job here.
Doubt it...no blood at all at the scene of Calvin's shooting...so it looks like the writers will continue to make illogical leaps to get from plot point to plot point.
You picked this as an example? Calvin died instantly. The heart stops pumping so little blood.

Yeah, I don't get his clinging to their being some sort of conspiracy to hiding this. A geeky teenager said he heard about it and brought his knife to school that day. He didn't bring it a month ago, so all of this is just now happening. He just heard about it. Again, we all know about the virus/whatever from TWD. Someone has to get bitten, which causes them to die and turn or they die naturally after getting the virus/whatever. It is clear that not everyone has the virus/whatever yet. If everyone did, then everyone who died yesterday would have turned and there would be a lot more mention of it on the Internet/news shows. Everything is just now spreading and as we saw in the school, it takes a bit more than youtube videos for people to believe in zombies. It won't take long, but it will take more than day 1.
Unless you're referring to Bob, I'm not suggesting there is a conspiracy. I'm saying the exact opposite - there couldn't be a conspiracy of this nature. In this day and age where everything gets out, there is no way you could suppress it by telling some nurses, doctors and cops that, "hey, if this gets out there will be panic so keep it on the QT." It may just be the beginning, but its already over 5-6 states. No way you could hide something like an EMT getting bitten and turning into a walker. As to the bolded, I brought up that aspect early on in the thread and was told that this was not the case.

does it really matter about the small details. a) its a tv show

b) its a tv show about zombies

c) tv shows are usually cheap

d) zombies don't really exist and are fictional characters.

e) no one is winning an academy award for this

f) storyboard guy is probably just out of the art academy online course he took at night while he was working days at Dennys as a fry cook

g) union mandated breaks makes it hard to film all scenes with complete continuity

h) guy that runs the show was ####ed up that day and said "ah #### it"

i) apparently Calvin wasn't real well liked on the casting couch and so they got rid of him first

j) crew guys took off early to catch the light show at Disneyland that day.

k) its a ####### zombie show, about zombies, that don't really exist and so in reality there was and never will be any blood because they are like shapshifters.

You picked this as an example? Calvin died instantly. The heart stops pumping so little blood.
Yeah but there was no blood at all. Definitely a missed detail.

The whole front of his shirt was covered with blood.

Wait...so he died instantly so no blood or his shirt was covered with it?

Pick one.

There should've been SOMETHING at the scene when they walked up...but there wasn't so the main characters could still think the kid was seeing things.

It's writers BS.

But whatever...it's not gonna change...will only get worse from here as it continues to grow in popularity until we have CSI:Walking Dead.

Might as well ride the bomb into the ground and enjoy it on the way down.

does it really matter about the small details. a) its a tv show

b) its a tv show about zombies

c) tv shows are usually cheap

d) zombies don't really exist and are fictional characters.

e) no one is winning an academy award for this

f) storyboard guy is probably just out of the art academy online course he took at night while he was working days at Dennys as a fry cook

g) union mandated breaks makes it hard to film all scenes with complete continuity

h) guy that runs the show was ####ed up that day and said "ah #### it"

i) apparently Calvin wasn't real well liked on the casting couch and so they got rid of him first

j) crew guys took off early to catch the light show at Disneyland that day.

k) its a ####### zombie show, about zombies, that don't really exist and so in reality there was and never will be any blood because they are like shapshifters.
It doesn't matter, but its entertaining to discuss such hypothetical situations. At least for me.

Wait...so he died instantly so no blood or his shirt was covered with it?Pick one.

There should've been SOMETHING at the scene when they walked up...but there wasn't so the main characters could still think the kid was seeing things.

It's writers BS.

But whatever...it's not gonna change...will only get worse from here as it continues to grow in popularity until we have CSI:Walking Dead.

Ok.

How about the gun? JDepp didn't pick it up. I believe he left it on the ground. But when they went back to look for Calvin I didn't notice the gun. I thought it was rather amusing that they drove down that tunnel and didn't see Calvin but he ended up coming down the tunnel from the way they originally came in.

Unless you're referring to Bob, I'm not suggesting there is a conspiracy. I'm saying the exact opposite - there couldn't be a conspiracy of this nature. In this day and age where everything gets out, there is no way you could suppress it by telling some nurses, doctors and cops that, "hey, if this gets out there will be panic so keep it on the QT." It may just be the beginning, but its already over 5-6 states. No way you could hide something like an EMT getting bitten and turning into a walker. As to the bolded, I brought up that aspect early on in the thread and was told that this was not the case.
Not the case as in everyone does have it? Too many people die every day for everyone to already have it. Outside of the police shoot out guy, every zombie we have seen has traced back its roots to Nick/the church. I am sure there are more people with it (5 or 6 other states), but it is in its infancy and we only have Gloria and Cal (probably old guy in hospital as well) because they died of an OD/gunshot. If they didn't, we have no zombies around Nick. Again, if over 150k people die every day, we'd already be inundated with zombies if everyone already had it. I think this was literally day 2 or 3, hence nerd who knows about it bringing the knife to school today.

That said, I think we are in agreement and maybe I misread some of your comments. I think the virus/whatever is spreading as we speak and zombies are being born so to speak as well. No chance of any cover up. It already wasn't being covered up and it won't be tomorrow. It will spread too fast and with all iPhones, etc., no way to keep it quiet. If main girl was watching her 5th or 6th video of someone surviving 50 gunshots, she probably wouldn't immediately chalk it up as fake.

How about the gun? JDepp didn't pick it up. I believe he left it on the ground. But when they went back to look for Calvin I didn't notice the gun. I thought it was rather amusing that they drove down that tunnel and didn't see Calvin but he ended up coming down the tunnel from the way they originally came in.
The gun was almost under the car. They showed it after he dropped it and I thought he was going to reach under the car and didn't. IMHO, it would be easy to not see the gun unless you bent down.

I did notice that he was behind them somehow. I'll have to watch it again to see if maybe he was in the tunnel and you didn't notice him or they picked Nick up somewhere else (I think they did). If they picked him up and went back, it is extremely plausible that Calvin walked toward the street (where Nick ran) and then saw the truck and went back into the tunnel.

Wait...so he died instantly so no blood or his shirt was covered with it?Pick one.

It's writers BS.

Ok.
Don't pick up the bait. Tdoss complained like this in TWD thread and most of the time he was completely off base. It is not worth it.

It's writers BS.

Ok.
There was no blood on the ground next to the car...that's all we're saying.

Users who are viewing this thread