What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** official February shark pool "what I want my team to do" mock draft ****. Round 4 starts on page 16 (1 Viewer)

You’re probably right then. I knew he lived in Minnesota and have seen him discuss the Vikes but don’t know that history.
Well he seems to be back on the Vikings band wagon again now that they are doing well. Maybe he just needed a break when the Vikings were starting Ponder.

Here's what I have so far for the teams, GMs, etc.

1      1.01       JetMaxx                CLE                                                       Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State
2      1.02       BlueDredSo         BUF (from NYG)                                   Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
3      1.03       Ben & Jerry's        IND                                                        Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
4      1.04       JetMaxx                CLE (from HOU)                                  Sam Darnold, QB, USC
5      1.05       Nucular George   DEN                                                      Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
6      1.06       Dr. Octopus          NYJ                                                       Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
7      1.07       Grahamburn         TB                                                         Vita Vea, NT, Washington
8      1.08       OZ                         CHI
9      1.09       efactor                  SF
10    1.10       krsone21             OAK
11    1.11        _____                  MIA
12    1.12       _____                  CIN
13    1.13       _____                  WAS
14    1.14       _____                  GB
15    1.15       _____                   AZ
16    1.16       _____                   BAL
17    1.17       Ben & Jerry's       LAC
18    1.18       Duckboy               SEA
19    1.19       Bankerguy            DAL
20    1.20       ilov80s ?               DET
21    1.21       Dr. Octopus          NYG
22    1.22       Dr. Octopus          NYG (from KC, thru BUF)
23    1.23       _____                   LAR
24    1.24       pantherclub          CAR
25    1.25       OZ                         TEN
26    1.26       _____                   ATL
27    1.27       _____                   NO
28    1.28       Evilgrin 72            PIT
29    1.29       Mr. Brownstone   JAX
30    1.30       Andy Dufresne     MIN
31    1.31       Dr. Octopus ?       NE
32    1.32       need2know           PHI

Unless I missed someone, we still have 11 teams open.

MIA

CIN

WAS

GB

AZ

BAL

LAR

ATL

NO

HOU

KC

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks George.

I could pick for Miami I suppose although my view of Adam Gase has changed due to last season. I think he was wrong about Ajayi and I don't like the way he handled the situation throwing him under the bus for his bad offense. I stopped paying attention to them after the trade but I am still fairly familiar with the team. If any Dolphins fans want to pick for them I can pick for one of these other teams though.

Alright, the bears will address their secondary and wait on receivers.

With apologies to the raiders who sent me their pick, I just can't pass on Minkah  Fitzpatrick and neither will most of the league.

He was the key to the roll tide defense and can play anywhere. I think he starts as a corner but we'll see. Dude can flat out ball.

With his skill set and versatility, Fitzpatrick looks like a real weapon for a pro defense. He can play the roaming safety role in the middle of the field as his instincts put him in position to make plays on the ball. Another great attribute that Fitzpatrick possesses is being able to play nickel corner. He is good in man coverage to line up over the slot receiver and prevent separation. Fitzpatrick also can play man coverage on tight ends, and his pro defense is going to love having him to help neutralize the elite receiving tight ends of the NFL. 

Fitzpatrick also is a threat to take the ball away downfield. He tracks the pass extremely well and shows nice ball skills. For a defensive back, Fitzpatrick has excellent hands. He is a real threat to create interceptions and make a game-changing play for his defense. With his instincts and skill set, Fitzpatrick is able to be the deep free safety center fielder who locks down the deep part of the field. It is hard to find single-high safeties, but Fitzpatrick has that ability. He also is a dangerous blitzer. 

In the ground game, Fitzpatrick can drive downhill and tackle in the box. He is very adept at making open-field tackles and preventing offenses from breaking big plays. He flies around the field and is always around the ball. I'm not sure how fast Fitzpatrick will time before the 2018 NFL Draft. He may not produce an electric 40 time, but he plays fast and is a defender who covers a lot of ground. 

Fitzpatrick also is a willing run defender as he will come downhill into the box to make tackles. He doesn't hesitate to get physical in the secondary and dish out some hard hits. For the NFL, it might help him to gain 5-10 pounds of muscle to help tackle pro backs and receivers. 

Here is how one scout summarized Fitzpatrick, "He's a prototype free safety [for] this day and age, can drop over slot and play man, pro off hash, or roam as center fielder. Good size, speed, athletic ability, high football IQ, play-maker." 

For the NFL, I think Fitzpatrick has Pro Bowl potential as a versatile safety who can do a lot things and erase mismatches. I polled sources from around the league, and the consensus had Fitzpatrick as one of the elite six prospects for the 2018 NFL Draft. 

At pick 9, San Francisco selects:

Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

6’5”, 250, fast and instinctive.  A true sideline to sideline LB. Depending on what punishment Foster gets, they can use Edmunds to replace him or pair with him. Would love to see them on the field together.  

CB is the teams main need, but I think they will address that position in free agency and later in draft.  In a division that has David Johnson and Todd Gurley, They need someone who can cover RBs. Will also help with the pass rush. 

6’5”, 250, fast and instinctive.  A true sideline to sideline LB. Depending on what punishment Foster gets, they can use Edmunds to replace him or pair with him. Would love to see them on the field together.  

CB is the teams main need, but I think they will address that position in free agency and later in draft.  In a division that has David Johnson and Todd Gurley, They need someone who can cover RBs. Will also help with the pass rush. 
That's the guy the Steelers need but won't get at 28. 

Steelers trade a 2019 5th rounder and Xavier Grimble to San Francisco for Edmunds. 

And with that, pick 10 is on the clock. 

If Foster isn't completely screwing himself, that's a nice group they've got going. 

I am somewhat surprised they didn't take a WR. 

So Miami picks at 11.

Could I get a list of who has been selected so I don't pick someone already drafted?

I don't like Tannehill so if there were a good QB available I would consider it. I see Gase being fired after this season and Tannehill being his QB in 2018. They won't draft a new QB until Gase is fired, making Tannehill good was kind of the agreement when he took the job.

So Miami picks at 11.

Could I get a list of who has been selected so I don't pick someone already drafted?

I don't like Tannehill so if there were a good QB available I would consider it. I see Gase being fired after this season and Tannehill being his QB in 2018. They won't draft a new QB until Gase is fired, making Tannehill good was kind of the agreement when he took the job.
Oz, if you have a minute, you should chuck the running list into the OP.

Steelers trade a 2019 5th rounder and Xavier Grimble to San Francisco for Edmunds. 

Steal for the Niners. Grimble gives Jimmy G the red zone target he needs and they get their 5th rounder back. 

Here's what I have so far for the teams, GMs, etc.

1      1.01       JetMaxx                CLE                                                       Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State
2      1.02       BlueDredSo         BUF (from NYG)                                   Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
3      1.03       Ben & Jerry's        IND                                                        Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
4      1.04       JetMaxx                CLE (from HOU)                                  Sam Darnold, QB, USC
5      1.05       Nucular George   DEN                                                      Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
6      1.06       Dr. Octopus          NYJ                                                       Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
7      1.07       Grahamburn         TB                                                         Vita Vea, NT, Washington
8      1.08       OZ                         CHI                                                      Minkah Fitzpatrick S Alabama
9      1.09       efactor                  SF                                                        Tremane Edmunds LB Virginia Tech
10    1.10       krsone21             OAK
11    1.11        _____                  MIA
12    1.12       _____                  CIN
13    1.13       _____                  WAS
27    1.27       _____                   NO
My bad as I missed George's post while I was bagging on Andy's team loyalty.

@krsone21 for the Raiders is on the clock.

With pick 1.10 in the 2018 NFL Draft the Raiders select Denzel Ward DB Ohio State.

@Biabreakable is on the clock with MIami's pick.

The Raiders do have some needs on the offense side of the ball, OT, WR, RB but depending what happens with Lynch and Crabtree RB and WR are positions they could be addressed via free agency or later in the draft when it comes to RB with it being so deep.

The main needs are on defense specifically CB, LB, DT, S, DE.

I believe if the Raiders can get the right deal they will bring Bowman back so that will help with the LB position some but they could use an upgrade here as well if the Raiders move on from Irvin. They could possibly address this during free agency if not there are some LB's I like later in the draft.

Since Reggie has taken over as the GM he has avoided taking LB high in the draft. He believes he can find gems later in the draft which hasn't worked out so far IMO but with Gruden and Guenther there that could change.

For me though the CB is probably going to be the biggest need for the Raiders. They already released Amerson and Sean Smith might not be far behind if he is unwilling to restructure. T.J. Carrie is a unrestricted free agency so by the time free agency starts up the Raiders could be without their three top CB's from last season. Carrie says he wants to remain a Raider but will Reggie be willing to match Carries asking price on the open market? They will hopefully have Conley for the entire season he was injured his entire rookie year pretty much except for 1 game during the season. I believe Conley will be a real good CB in the league but the Raiders still need major help here IMO.

The Raiders need someone who can cover the speedy WR's in the league like T. HIll and B. Cooks of the league and I believe Ward can be that guy. I wouldn't be shocked if Ward runs in the 4.3's at the combine. 

With Conley, Ward, and with Carrie or a veteran free agent signing with the Raiders it should help to improve the CB group on the team.

If Foster isn't completely screwing himself, that's a nice group they've got going. 

I am somewhat surprised they didn't take a WR. 
Their receivers will be solid with Garçon coming back and I think they add a vet in free agency. If Foster is suspended, they got nothing at LB.  They seem to like Smith but I have my doubts. Love everything I have read on Edmunds. Kid is only 19 too.  

With pick 1.10 in the 2018 NFL Draft the Raiders select Denzel Ward DB Ohio State.

@Biabreakable is on the clock with MIami's pick.

Write up coming in a few.
Ward was the other guy I was considering along with Edmunds. Thought you might go with Roquan Smith but I like Ward a lot. 

With pick 1.11 the Miami Dolphins select Joshua Jackson CB Iowa

There are a lot of needs for this team. I strongly considered LB and offensive linemen here as well but I prioritize corner back and the Dolphins need help there after moving on from Maxxwell.

The Bengals are on the clock.

Ward was the other guy I was considering along with Edmunds. Thought you might go with Roquan Smith but Inlike Ward a lot. 
I like what I see from Ward and the Raiders really need someone who can keep up with the smaller/faster WR's in the league like T. Hill and B. Cooks and I think Ward is that guy plus the Raiders could possibly lose their top 3 CB's from last season leaving only Conley who was injured almost the entire season and a couple of scrubs.

Edmunds and Smith were on my short list of players for this pick.

With pick 1.11 the Miami Dolphins select Joshua Jackson CB Iowa

There are a lot of needs for this team. I strongly considered LB and offensive linemen here as well but I prioritize corner back and the Dolphins need help there after moving on from Maxxwell.

The Bengals are on the clock.
Love Jackson he is a ball hawk.

I like what I see from Ward and the Raiders really need someone who can keep up with the smaller/faster WR's in the league like T. Hill and B. Cooks and I think Ward is that guy plus the Raiders could possibly lose their top 3 CB's from last season leaving only Conley who was injured almost the entire season and a couple of scrubs.

Edmunds and Smith were on my short list of players for this pick.

Ward was the other guy I was considering along with Edmunds. Thought you might go with Roquan Smith but I like Ward a lot. 
I considered Smith for the Dolphins as well but still prioritize CB. The Dolphins secondary might be decent with Jackson Howard and Jones.

I was also considering offensive tackle although the Dolphins need a guard more. If I went that way then Tunsil might move back to left guard assuming Juwan James is healthy and can play at a similarly good level.

I went back to the defense with the assumption than Tunsil improves and they can address interior offensive line with later picks.

We don't have a Bengal.

@Snorkelson, want to grab the bungles?

Figure they're looking OL, but Roquan Smith could be interesting 

ETA - I'm tempted to force a trade here, Cardinals trading up to 12, then draft Josh Allen. 

Wow.  I came on here just to see what a certain notification was about and this evil grin guy is still acting like a 12 year old....   hahaha.  You think he’ll do this the whole thread?  For your guys sake, I hope he grows tired of being so annoying.  

Wow.  I came on here just to see what a certain notification was about and this evil grin guy is still acting like a 12 year old....   hahaha.  You think he’ll do this the whole thread?  For your guys sake, I hope he grows tired of being so annoying.  
Usually EG is a good dude. Probably just trying to bump this thread and make jokes. Guess RnR bored him?

We don't have a Bengal.

@Snorkelson, want to grab the bungles?

Figure they're looking OL, but Roquan Smith could be interesting 

ETA - I'm tempted to force a trade here, Cardinals trading up to 12, then draft Josh Allen. 
Yeah I considered Allen for the Dolphins, but they will stick with Tannehill another season so didn't go there. I expect them to turn things over in 2019 instead.

Maybe the Bengals should draft Allen as well. Not sure what Daltons contract looks like but he could be the bridge for the 2018 season.

According to this Dalton is only $16 million which isn't bad compared to the contract that are being talked about recently for QBs. They can trade or release Dalton as well with only $2.4 dead cap in 2018. Still under contract that doesn't go up much for 2 more seasons if Allen could win the starting job and they wanted to keep Dalton.

No idea what the team thinks of Dalton at this point though. The Bengals do like to pick on the offensive side of the ball with their 1st rounders, but have needs on offensive line, linebacker, safety to consider, so if they are confident enough in Dalton trading down would make sense too I guess. A top offensive tackle seems like it would be a good idea here.

8      1.08       OZ                         CHI                                                       Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
9      1.09       efactor                  SF                                                          Tremaine Edmunds, DE, Virginia Tech
10    1.10       krsone21             OAK                                                        Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
11    1.11       Biabreakable       MIA                                                         Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa
12    1.12       Snorkelson          CIN
13    1.13       _____                   WAS
27    1.27       Nucular George    NO

HOU = Mr. Brownstone

KC = ???

Id like to trade out of this spot, Arizona or NYG would be logical suitors with Allen on the board. 

Either way Allen will be the pick here. Too talented to pass up with no dead money for dalton next year. So I guess we can slot Allen in here and if whoever get AZ or if @Dr. Octopus wants to move up we can talk. 

Id like to trade out of this spot, Arizona or NYG would be logical suitors with Allen on the board. 

Either way Allen will be the pick here. Too talented to pass up with no dead money for dalton next year. So I guess we can slot Allen in here and if whoever get AZ or if @Dr. Octopus wants to move up we can talk. 
I'll claim Arizona and offer the 1.15 and 3rd (79) for the 12 and 5th (142), that's 1235 from the Bengals, 1245 from the Cardinals.

TRADE: Cincy trades 1.12/5.12 for the cards 1.15/3.15. 
Cardinals take Josh Allen, QB Wyoming.

I don't think Allen falls out of the top 10, but if he did the Cardinals would have to jump on the chance to move up.

The unclaimed Redskins are OTC.

People are able to realize he's just joking around while bumping the thread up so it stays on the front page.

Listen, I'm genuinely sorry if I upset you. I didn't realize that a pre-combine mock draft on a message board was such SERIOUS BUSINESS. I remember now that the Shark Pool is the forum where levity goes to die. That said, I have no intention of suppressing my unique and titillating combination of ribald flair and hard-hitting draft analysis. You can rage against the machine if you choose, but I'd strongly recommend you park those twin SUVs you call buttcheeks on the stool at the end of the bar and watch me work instead. 

Listen, I'm genuinely sorry if I upset you. I didn't realize that a pre-combine mock draft on a message board was such SERIOUS BUSINESS. I remember now that the Shark Pool is the forum where levity goes to die. That said, I have no intention of suppressing my unique and titillating combination of ribald flair and hard-hitting draft analysis. You can rage against the machine if you choose, but I'd strongly recommend you park those twin SUVs you call buttcheeks on the stool at the end of the bar and watch me work instead. 
"We don't call him evil grin for nothing"

"Why do you call him evil grin?"

"No reason"  :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread