What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** official February shark pool "what I want my team to do" mock draft ****. Round 4 starts on page 16 (1 Viewer)

Here's what I show for GMs and teams...

CLE           JetMaxx
BUF           BlueDredSo
IND            Ben & Jerry's 1
HOU          Mr. Brownstone 2
DEN          Nucular George 1
NYJ           Dr. Octopus 1
TB             Grahamburn
CHI            OZ 1
SF             efactor
OAK          krsone21
MIA            Biabreakable
AZ             OZ 2
WAS          Evilgrin 72 2
GB             jtd13
CIN            Snorkelson
BAL           Mr. Irrelevant
LAC           Ben & Jerry's 2
SEA           Duckboy
DAL           Bankerguy
DET           ilov80s
NYG          Dr. Octopus 2
KC
LAR           Nucular George 3
CAR          pantherclub
TEN           OZ 3
ATL
NO             Nucular George 2
PIT             Evilgrin 72 1
JAX            Mr. Brownstone 1
MIN            Andy Dufresne
NE            
PHI            modogg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I show for GMs and teams...

CLE           JetMaxx
BUF           BlueDredSo
IND            Ben & Jerry's 1
HOU          Mr. Brownstone 2
DEN          Nucular George 1
NYJ           Dr. Octopus 1
TB             Grahamburn
CHI            OZ 1
SF             efactor
OAK          krsone21
MIA            Biabreakable
AZ             OZ 2
WAS          Evilgrin 72 2
GB             jtd13
CIN            Snorkelson
BAL           Mr. Irrelevant
LAC           Ben & Jerry's 2
SEA           Duckboy
DAL           Bankerguy
DET           ilov80s
NYG          Dr. Octopus 2
KC
LAR           Nucular George 3
CAR          pantherclub
TEN           OZ 3
ATL
NO             Nucular George 2
PIT             Evilgrin 72 1
JAX            Mr. Brownstone 1
MIN            Andy Dufresne
NE             Dr. Octopus 3
PHI            modogg
I was really joking about the Pats. If some one else wants them, take them. I’ll be a backup plan.

Before this post @Bankerguy stated he may not be around regularly to pick but would leave this list of “needs” for when the Cowboys are OTC. There’s no rush so we can give him time but just an FYI.

If we go with WR, the ESPN grades for the best remaining are....

Christian Kirk (88)

DJ Moore (86)

Courtland Sutton (85)

Kirk and Sutton are currently rated 5.8 at NFL.com.

Moore is rated 5.7 at NFL.com.

Eagles are open for any kind of trade. Willing to part ways with the Mother F'n Super Bowl MVP if anybody wants a chance to win the Super Bowl for themselves. Also up for possible trade out of 1st to pick up some additional picks (believe the Eagles have no day 2 picks currently)

In this spot IRL with both Brown and McGlinchey gone, I think Ozzie's most likely move is probably a trade down. But here the phones are strangely silent, so the Ravens make the next-most obvious choice, taking the clear best player on the board at one of their prime positions of need.

1.16 - Baltimore selects Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

Blazing speed, deadly separation ability and NFL-ready route-running. He'll step right into the #1 WR slot and immediately turbocharge a pedestrian offense.

@Ben & Jerry's is OTC.
As a Ravens fan, I offer my thoughts and prayers to Mr Ridley & his family. 

I'm not superstitious and maybe Ridley will break the streak, but Baltimore can't draft a WR to save their lives. At least, not in the early rounds. Travis "Hands Of Stone" Taylor & Breshard "It's ok, I can live forever on my rookie contract" Perriman are just two examples. Torrey freaking Smith is the best WR they drafted this decade.

Of course, the Ravens haven't drafted well overall in the last decade or so. Other than Mosely, Jimmy "I'm made of glass" Smith, and(maybe) Ronnie Stanley they have whiffed on their high picks. They have a better hit rate on UDFAs than they do on Day 1/2 picks.

Anyway, I would take Ridley where Mr I took him if the premium OL were gone  :bag:

Nice duo. Maybe they can block and run the ball a little next year.

@Nucular George with the Rams... Possibly one of the most complete teams to draft yet. With the exception of the secondary, the Rams are rather talented and young across the board.
The Giants really needed to upgrade their o-line to protect Eli better and yes establish a consistent running game. Hope these two big boys pan out for them.

That's a quick upgrade for the Giants, I like the idea of doubling down on OL

Rams...

They did have "needs" despite having a very good roster top to bottom. Interior OL maybe. LB certainly, especially OLB. CB if they don't re-sign Johnson. Maybe FS too. WR looks like the greatest position of "need" for them. Christian Kirk was a possibility, as was a LB. None of the CBs stood out to me as an obvious pick for them, especially if they do re-sign Johnson in free agency. The fact that they do not have a 2nd round pick also played into not picking a CB here. I think they can get a similar type of CB later, compared with the drop off in pass rushers.

With Key playing opposite Robert Quinn, and with Brockers and Donald, they could develop into one of the best defensive lines in the league within a short period of time. They were already close to being a top d-line. Davenport is an obvious alternative for Key, which would also make sense for them. I went with the more experienced player in this case.

Draft order

1      1.01       JetMaxx                CLE                                                       Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State
2      1.02       BlueDredSo         BUF (from NYG)                                   Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
3      1.03       Ben & Jerry's        IND                                                        Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
4      1.04       JetMaxx                CLE (from HOU)                                  Sam Darnold, QB, USC
5      1.05       Nucular George   DEN                                                      Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
6      1.06       Dr. Octopus          NYJ                                                       Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
7      1.07       Grahamburn         TB                                                         Vita Vea, NT, Washington
8      1.08       OZ                         CHI                                                       Minkah Fitz, DB, bama

9      1.09       efactor                  SF                                                       TremaineEdmunds, LB, Va Tech

10    1.10       krsone21             OAK.                                                       Denzel Ward DB Ohio State

11    1.11        biabreakable                 MIA.                                             Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa
12    1.12       oz                 AZ (from CIN)                                               Josh Allen, QB Wyoming
13    1.13       evil smiley guy               WAS                                           Roquan Smith, lb Georgia
14    1.14       jtd13              GB                                                              Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
15    1.15       snorkelson                  CIN (from AZ)                               Mike McGlinchey, OT Notre Dame
16    1.16       Mr irrelevant                  BAL                                           Calvin Ridley WR ROLL TIDE
17    1.17       Ben & Jerry's       LAC                                                      Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
18    1.18       Duckboy               SEA                                                     Derwin James, SS FSU
19    1.19       Bankerguy            DAL                                                     Maurice Hurst DT Michigan 
20    1.20       ilov80s ?               DET                                                     Harold Landry DE BC
21    1.21       Dr. Octopus          NYG                                                     Connor Williams OT Texas
22    1.22       Dr. Octopus          NYG (from KC, thru BUF)                    Billy Price OC/OG Ohio State
23    1.23       Nucular George               LAR                                          Arden Key DE LSU 

On The Clock
24    1.24       pantherclub          CAR

25    1.25       OZ                         TEN
26    1.26       _____                   ATL
27    1.27       Nucular George                 NO
28    1.28       Evilgrin 72            PIT
29    1.29       Mr. Brownstone   JAX
30    1.30       Andy Dufresne     MIN
31    1.31       Dr. Octopus ?       NE
32    1.32       -------         PHI
Upated picks to this point so people can keep track.

Draft order

1      1.01       JetMaxx                CLE                                                       Bradley Chubb, DE, North Carolina State
2      1.02       BlueDredSo         BUF (from NYG)                                   Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
3      1.03       Ben & Jerry's        IND                                                        Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
4      1.04       JetMaxx                CLE (from HOU)                                  Sam Darnold, QB, USC
5      1.05       Nucular George   DEN                                                      Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
6      1.06       Dr. Octopus          NYJ                                                       Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
7      1.07       Grahamburn         TB                                                         Vita Vea, NT, Washington
8      1.08       OZ                         CHI                                                       Minkah Fitz, DB, bama

9      1.09       efactor                  SF                                                       TremaineEdmunds, LB, Va Tech

10    1.10       krsone21             OAK.                                                       Denzel Ward DB Ohio State

11    1.11        biabreakable                 MIA.                                             Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa
12    1.12       oz                 AZ (from CIN)                                               Josh Allen, QB Wyoming
13    1.13       evil smiley guy               WAS                                           Roquan Smith, lb Georgia
14    1.14       jtd13              GB                                                              Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma
15    1.15       snorkelson                  CIN (from AZ)                               Mike McGlinchey, OT Notre Dame
16    1.16       Mr irrelevant                  BAL                                           Calvin Ridley WR ROLL TIDE
17    1.17       Ben & Jerry's       LAC                                                      Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
18    1.18       Duckboy               SEA                                                     Derwin James, SS FSU
19    1.19       Bankerguy            DAL                                                     Maurice Hurst DT Michigan 
20    1.20       ilov80s ?               DET                                                     Harold Landry DE BC
21    1.21       Dr. Octopus          NYG                                                     Connor Williams OT Texas
22    1.22       Dr. Octopus          NYG (from KC, thru BUF)                    Billy Price OC/OG Ohio State
23    1.23       Nucular George               LAR                                          Arden Key DE LSU 
24    1.24       pantherclub          CAR                                                   Christian Kirk WR Texas A&M

On The Clock

25    1.25       OZ                         TEN

26    1.26       _____                   ATL
27    1.27       Nucular George                 NO
28    1.28       Evilgrin 72            PIT
29    1.29       Mr. Brownstone   JAX
30    1.30       Andy Dufresne     MIN
31    1.31       Dr. Octopus ?       NE
32    1.32       -------         PHI
Carrying forward to top of page so no one has to scroll back trying to figure out who has been selected and who is up next.

@-OZ- is OTC with Tennessee 
Isaiah Wynn, G/C/OT, Georgia

Almost certainly going to play guard but his versatility is a bonus. He'll help Henry as a Mauler, and Marcus of course. While the o line is pretty good, guard is a weakness right now.

Wynn has been labeled one of the safest picks in the draft, he'll plug in nicely.

Nobody has taken the falcons. 

So unless anyone objects strongly, let's match Walterfootball and give them Taven Bryan, DT Florida

The Falcons have used their previous three first-round picks on upgrading their defense, and by the sounds of it, Atlanta could make it four in a row. According to Falcons sources, defensive tackle is in the running for their first-round pick. The Falcons could use some youth in the middle of their defensive line, and there are some good first-round tackle prospects in the 2018 NFL Draft. 

Alabama nose tackle Da'Ron Payne and Washington nose tackle Vita Vea have caught their eye. The Falcons like both of them a lot. It seemed like they had Vea higher than Payne, but felt both of them were worthy of top-20 picks. If one of them slips to Atlanta, that could be a no-brainer, but the Falcons think both will be long gone as they have the 26th pick. Some Atlanta sources think Vea could go in the top 10. 

Assuming those two are off the board, a player who Atlanta likes is Florida defensive tackle Taven Bryan. While Bryan hasn't gotten a lot of media buzz, Falcon staffers say that Bryan's tape is very impressive, and they are intrigued with him. The athletic Bryan had a breakout year, and he wasn't even on the Gators' preseason watch lists given out to team scouts heading into Gainesville. Bryan showed serious speed, strength and athleticism to cause havoc behind the line of scrimmage. He could be a three-technique defensive tackle or a five-technique defensive end. Atlanta also puts a lot into taking players with good character, and Bryan has that reputation. He had a late start in football and is somewhat raw, but has a strong work ethic he inherited from his Navy Seal father. 

There was another obvious pick there for the Saints. But I can't bring myself to pick him over Evans. The LBs overall could use an improvement for the Saints.  For now, maybe Evans plays outisde unless he beats out Robertson.

The LB weakness for NOLA can be best shown by the total tackles and sacks for their three LBs at the end of the season.

Mante Teo 62 (0 sacks)

AJ Klein 54 (2 sacks)

Craig Robertson 80 (2 sacks)

None of the Saints LBs finished in the top 50 in the league at their position for total tackles. They have all three under contract for 2018, but Klein is making an outsized $5MM+. Robertson (30) is the only one who is 30 or older, so age is not much of a factor.

Steelers want to  trade out here. Also, I am hammered. Make me an offer. 
Big Ben will try and retire 3 times this year...again

Eagles offer Nick Foles for Steelers 1st round and another pick (based on Foles performanc). I'll let the thread give details if they want

Any thoughts/notes on this ? Just interested. Are we letting Ansah walk ? Tagging him for one year ? Etc etc 
I can’t imagine they’d just let him walk. What’s their cap situation like? They’ll certainly franchise him at minimum. 

If they let him go Tampa will be happy to pay him boatloads. 

I can’t imagine they’d just let him walk. What’s their cap situation like? They’ll certainly franchise him at minimum. 

If they let him go Tampa will be happy to pay him boatloads. 
Cap situation is very good there’s around 50m odd available. Tagging him would cost around 17m and obviously if you do that your gonna lose depth somewhere as a makeweight. He’s basically not been fully fit for 2 years, there are deep concerns with offering him a long term deal at this point. It’s a conundrum. I think we tag him and give one more year to see if he can shake free of all his ailments and show some old form, before we commit longer. 

Any thoughts/notes on this ? Just interested. Are we letting Ansah walk ? Tagging him for one year ? Etc etc 
Sorry meant to come back and add a write-up: 

If I'm running the team, we franchise Ziggy. He's been too good to let walk in a FA class that has no DEs of note. He also hasn't been good enough to resign to the type of deal he likely wants. Behind Ziggy there isn't much. Hyder had a great 2016 but who knows how he looks after tearing his Achilles. Zettel played pretty well last year and looks like he will end up being a very successful for a 6th round pick. In other words, at one of the important positions in the NFL, the Lions are dangerously thin on talent. There were other DEs with more traditional size who might be more likely to start as 3 down players but I don't think there's anyone in the entire draft with the upside as an edge rusher that Landry has. He should be athletic enough to make an immediate impact as a pass rusher and have the versatility to develop into a guy that can play standing up or with his hand on the ground.

Or the short version: I want to put more pressure on QBs and I think Landry's speed off the edge will do it.

Users who are viewing this thread