What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** official February shark pool "what I want my team to do" mock draft ****. Round 4 starts on page 16 (1 Viewer)

Da bears get trubisky a sure handed receiver, I think he is a first round talent but won't be surprised if he falls to this point in the real thing.

Cortland Sutton, WR, SMU

Uruk-Hai said:
As a Ravens fan, I offer my thoughts and prayers to Mr Ridley & his family. 

I'm not superstitious and maybe Ridley will break the streak, but Baltimore can't draft a WR to save their lives. At least, not in the early rounds. Travis "Hands Of Stone" Taylor & Breshard "It's ok, I can live forever on my rookie contract" Perriman are just two examples. Torrey freaking Smith is the best WR they drafted this decade.

Of course, the Ravens haven't drafted well overall in the last decade or so. Other than Mosely, Jimmy "I'm made of glass" Smith, and(maybe) Ronnie Stanley they have whiffed on their high picks. They have a better hit rate on UDFAs than they do on Day 1/2 picks.

Anyway, I would take Ridley where Mr I took him if the premium OL were gone  :bag:
Ironically, I'm personally not that high on Ridley myself. Nothing particular that I can point to, he just gives off a bit of a Jordan Matthews vibe to me. I don't think the gap between him and the rest of the WR draft class is nearly as large as some are making it seem.

So I guess I could call it "what they would do" rather than "what I want them to do" as I don't see any way they pass on him if he's still there at 1.16 (barring a trade down, which with Ozzie is always a possibility).

With pick 2.09 in the 2018 NFL draft the Oakland Raiders select Harrison Phillips DT Stanford.

With addressing the CB position in the first round the Raiders look to add another playmaker on defense. I looked at DT, DE, S and LB. The linebacker position was hit hard before this pick which left me looking at 3 players one at DE, S, and DT. Phillips was the choice in the end. The Raiders have needed to upgrade the DT position for a while now. A DT that is stout against the run and can collapse the pocket as well. Phillips is versatile and can play in any scheme.

Harrison Phillips ended the season with 98 tackles, 17 Tackles for loss, 7.5 sacks and 2 Forced Fumbles with 2 Fumble recoveries. 

Raiders 2018 Draft Selections:

1st round: Denzel Ward CB Ohio State

2nd round: Harrison Phillips DT Stanford

Did Oz send a pick list to anyone?  He mentioned he was going to be AFK somewhat today.  Biabreakable is in thread and I am here for another 20 minutes to make WAS pick - otherwise, you'll have to wait until about 2:30ish ET.

With pick 2.11 the Miami Dolphins select Center James Daniels of Iowa.

Not intentional but the Dolphins end up selecting two Hawkeyes with their first two picks.

Joshua Jackson CB Iowa

James Daniels C/G Iowa

James Daniels is the last inside offensive lineman getting a 1st round grade. The Dolphins do have Mike Pouncey, but he is often injured. Daniels would be able to fill in at center if Pouncey is out. For now Daniels will play guard until Miami and Pouncey part ways and practice at center to be ready for that eventual transition.

Washington takes CB Isaiah Oliver, Colorado

DL may be a bigger need, but I like Oilver better than the DT prospects available right now and he will make a solid replacement for the recently traded Fuller.

Green Bay selects Equanamious St. Brown WR, Notre Dame.

Almost went CB here as well, as there is still one with a 1st round grade available, and Kevin King was a bit of a mixed bag before getting injured last year. Still, 3 DBs in the 2nd round in 2 years seems like a stretch, even if it was a different GM making the picks last season.

St. Brown underwhelmed on the stat sheet, but I think a lot of that has to do with NDs passing offense more than him. He has length and speed and is supposed to be a good route runner. He seems like a natural replacement for Jordy Nelson, who I have to imagine will be either resigned at a cheaper rate or cut outright. 

Did Oz send a pick list to anyone?  He mentioned he was going to be AFK somewhat today.  Biabreakable is in thread and I am here for another 20 minutes to make WAS pick - otherwise, you'll have to wait until about 2:30ish ET.
I should be around for the Cardinals pick if it comes in the next hour or two. Then I'm out again, to watch black panther :popcorn:

Green Bay selects Equanamious St. Brown WR, Notre Dame.

Almost went CB here as well, as there is still one with a 1st round grade available, and Kevin King was a bit of a mixed bag before getting injured last year. Still, 3 DBs in the 2nd round in 2 years seems like a stretch, even if it was a different GM making the picks last season.

St. Brown underwhelmed on the stat sheet, but I think a lot of that has to do with NDs passing offense more than him. He has length and speed and is supposed to be a good route runner. He seems like a natural replacement for Jordy Nelson, who I have to imagine will be either resigned at a cheaper rate or cut outright. 
Agreed, St Brown is actually on my wish list for late 1sts in Dyno, especially if he landed in Green Bay - though that might push him up a bit.

:lmao:

I only drink on Saturdays.  The rest of the week, I'm sober as a judge.
Further, I only even drink on Saturdays 1-2 times a month these days.  This past Saturday, I was at the Orlando Chili Cook-off and opening day of the Major League Eating season.  Met Joey Chestnut... he proceeded to go out and finish 4th out of 7 competitors after setting a world record here last year.  Perhaps I am not a good luck charm.

2.48 Los Angeles Chargers select Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama

At 6'3" and 215 lbs Harrison is the hybrid safety that can play deep or come up and support the run. Da'Ron Payne and Ronnie Harrison go along way in improving this defense.

Agreed, St Brown is actually on my wish list for late 1sts in Dyno, especially if he landed in Green Bay - though that might push him up a bit.
Same here. I might be guilty of picking more like a fantasy fan than an NFL fan with that pick. I was really hoping for Sutton, but he went a few picks earlier. 

-OZ- said:
Edited the draft list

@Ilov80s up

@Dr. Octopus on Deck

@BlueDredSo in the hole
We skipping Dallas then?

Detroit Lions Round 2 

DT- Tim Settle- Virginia Tech 

Lions desperately need more talent on the DL so adding two of the most talented defensive linemen with the first 2 picks (Landry round 1) is a major success. Scouts seem to think Settle lacks experience and consistency but it also seems like he has everything Vita Vea has in terms strength and athletic skills at 330+ pounds. 

We skipping Dallas then?

Detroit Lions Round 2 

DT- Tim Settle- Virginia Tech 

Lions desperately need more talent on the DL so adding two of the most talented defensive linemen with the first 2 picks (Landry round 1) is a major success. Scouts seem to think Settle lacks experience and consistency but it also seems like he has everything Vita Vea has in terms strength and athletic skills at 330+ pounds. 
You posted while I was editing. 

Unless someone strongly objects Let's give Dallas Justin Reid, S, Stanford. Fills a need and BPA, imo.

Doc...

Last edited by a moderator:
Does that mean I / the Ravens are OTC now?

Fans from the Charm City roar with delight as in the Ravens snag the best playmaker on the board at a second position, and in one fell swoop become a force to be reckoned with on offense. Oh, and this kid can block a little bit, too.

2.52 - Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina

Does that mean I / the Ravens are OTC now?

Fans from the Charm City roar with delight as in the Ravens snag the best playmaker on the board at a second position, and in one fell swoop become a force to be reckoned with on offense. Oh, and this kid can block a little bit, too.

2.52 - Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina
Good pick

Users who are viewing this thread