What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** official February shark pool "what I want my team to do" mock draft ****. Round 4 starts on page 16 (1 Viewer)

As much as it pains me to see this cat come off the board, he's not lasting to #28 anyway.  I'd broker another ridiculous trade with Pittsburgh here for yuks, but I don't want to further distract/annoy Mr. Peterson.

Washington selects Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia

Washington has a glaring need for a linebacker with range that can quarterback the defense.  I don't know if there's anyone in the draft that fits this mold better than Smith - the guy is a tackling machine and always seems to be around the ball carrier.  I think this dude is an absolute stud and a future Pro Bowler.

Green Bay is on the clock.  I think they're also unclaimed, no?  I can keep going, but if there's a Packers fan around, maybe someone else wants to chime in?

As much as it pains me to see this cat come off the board, he's not lasting to #28 anyway.  I'd broker another ridiculous trade with Pittsburgh here for yuks, but I don't want to further distract/annoy Mr. Peterson.

Washington has a glaring need for a linebacker with range that can quarterback the defense.  I don't know if there's anyone in the draft that fits this mold better than Smith - the guy is a tackling machine and always seems to be around the ball carrier.  I think this dude is an absolute stud and a future Pro Bowler.
I'm disappointed by your lack of schtick.

I was just on page 4 about to claim the dolphins before bia jumped in (definitely would have taken Roquan Smith though, I think they still like Lippett and Tank a lot at corner behind Howard). 

Who's the next empty team? GB?

I was just on page 4 about to claim the dolphins before bia jumped in (definitely would have taken Roquan Smith though, I think they still like Lippett and Tank a lot at corner behind Howard). 

I believe so, and they're OTC.

They're yours if you want it.

I was considering taking a wr for them but that's not really a need.

Green Bay Selects Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma

I forgot the Packers had a new GM before I took this pick, so I am guessing a bit here. I seem to recall Rodgers complaining about losing linemen the last couple years, and now Baluga is recovering from a November torn ACL. Brown could probably step in immediately at RT if Baluga isn't ready, and probably would be an upgrade on the interior if Baluga is ready.

CB or LB are probably more of a need, but we're on the wrong side of a run here. I also considered Ridley as a deep threat replacement for Nelson, but thought keeping Rodgers upright was more of a priority. 

@Snorkelson is OTC with the Bengals. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Good pick, I probably would have gone the same way given the way the draft has fallen, but I'm no expert on the Pack.

Rams and Falcons still unclaimed, step right up, people !  Mr. Peterson, you want to take either or both of these teams?  Dazzle us with your draft acumen.

Mammoth tackle.  I'm wondering if any of those guys have the ability to separate themselves at the combine.  Brown.  McGlinchey.    I feel like it's pretty rare for the top OT to last this late into a draft. 

:rant:  Definitely the Ravens' target at 1.16. 

Ozzie Newsome and I are now manning the phones in case anyone wants to make an offer for us to trade down.
I thought you guys might want him, given Zuess' history there. Always great to piss someone off behind me with a pick :)

Per Bengals selection.  They need O-Linemen desperately.

Mayock put out his rankings.

His top guy is still available.

Would make a solid fit at position of glaring need.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916367/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-position-rankings

Mike Mayock's 2018 NFL Draft position rankings

Tackle

1. Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame 
2. Orlando Brown, Oklahoma 
3. Connor Williams, Texas 
Let's go with it unless snorkelson gets on here before @Mr. Irrelevant drafts for Baltimore

In this spot IRL with both Brown and McGlinchey gone, I think Ozzie's most likely move is probably a trade down. But here the phones are strangely silent, so the Ravens make the next-most obvious choice, taking the clear best player on the board at one of their prime positions of need.

1.16 - Baltimore selects Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

Blazing speed, deadly separation ability and NFL-ready route-running. He'll step right into the #1 WR slot and immediately turbocharge a pedestrian offense.

@Ben & Jerry's is OTC.

Seattle has no 2nd or 3rd, so is likely to be looking to trade down here either to late 1st or early 2nd.  Will pick a bit after I get on the clock, but don't want to hold up.

In this spot IRL with both Brown and McGlinchey gone, I think Ozzie's most likely move is probably a trade down. But here the phones are strangely silent, so the Ravens make the next-most obvious choice, taking the clear best player on the board at one of their prime positions of need.

1.16 - Baltimore selects Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

Blazing speed, deadly separation ability and NFL-ready route-running. He'll step right into the #1 WR slot and immediately turbocharge a pedestrian offense.

@Ben & Jerry's is OTC.
Was so close to taking him way back at 1.08 for da Bears. Really don't think he falls this far.

Evilgrin 72 said:

Good pick. Strongly considered him for Miami.

jtd13 said:

Yeah Smith may have been the better pick for Miami.

Do you want to pick for Miami from now on?

I could take another team.

Seattle has no 2nd or 3rd, so is likely to be looking to trade down here either to late 1st or early 2nd.  Will pick a bit after I get on the clock, but don't want to hold up.
Steelers offer (seriously this time) - picks #28 and #139 for pick 17.

According to Chase's chart -

Pick #28 - 13.4

Pick #139 - 3.2

-------------------------

Pick #17 - 16.6

It's dead even according to this.

1.17 Los Angeles Chargers select Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama

The Chargers posess perhaps the best set of end rushers in Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram but their 4.9 ypc allowed vs the run was dead last in the NFL.

Allowing opponents to control down and distance limits the effectiveness of your pass rush. Payne is the best run stuffer in the draft and is only 20 years old. 

1.17 Los Angeles Chargers select Da'Ron Payne, DT, Alabama

The Chargers posess perhaps the best set of end rushers in Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram but their 4.9 ypc allowed vs the run was dead last in the NFL.

Allowing opponents to control down and distance limits the effectiveness of your pass rush. Payne is the best run stuffer in the draft and is only 20 years old. 
Love that pick for the Chargers.

Gonna have to pass, I think Seattle would require at least an early 4th to make that move, numbers work out or not.

1.18 - Seattle Seahawks select S Derwin James, FSU

Seahawks need to restock the DB's; Shaq Griffin last year was a good start.  Kam replacement at the least.  Would have considered OT if either Brown or McGlinchey were here.

Gonna have to pass, I think Seattle would require at least an early 4th to make that move, numbers work out or not.

1.18 - Seattle Seahawks select S Derwin James, FSU

Seahawks need to restock the DB's; Shaq Griffin last year was a good start.  Kam replacement at the least.  Would have considered OT if either Brown or McGlinchey were here.
Motherf$#!er.  That's the guy I was trying to move up to get.

FWIW mclinchey was going to be the pick if he was there. Good to pick up a 3rd and still get the target for Cincy. 

In case I am away for an extended period here are my draft thoughts. My Cowboys team needs ranked in order:

WR- Regardless of whether Dez is released, restructured or back "as is" - this team needs another option at WR.  Looking for better route running, ability to generate separation and has vertical abilities.  

LB - Sean Lee is so under-rated it's not even funny. He is getting old and struggles to stay on the field.  Jaylon Smith continues to recover and improve his play.  This team is paper thin at Backer and I believe this will be addressed early rounds in the draft.

FS- I am sick of the Bryon Jones experiment.  He is not a FS.  He is a press corner or slot CB.  Decent coverage skills, but can't and won't tackle.  This team needs Earl Thomas, but if that doesn't happen. I expect new DB's coach Kris Richards banging the table for a true Free Safety.

1 Tech- We struggled against strong inside running teams.  Need a big DT to cause some havoc and eat up blockers and let our LB's clean up.

TE- Witten. Love you man, retire already though. Need guys to get open and generate separation.  Not sure what we have with Rico Gathers yet either.

OT- The Atlanta game with no Tyron Smith showed why this has to be addressed from a depth standpoint and with the nagging back issues for Tyron.

CB- Like QB's I would always look at what is available.  You can never have too many good ones.

Other general comments:

Draft BPA - with exceptions to a couple spots that simply are not round 1 team needs (QB/RB/DE/O-line) The OT can wait at least until round 2 

No trading up in round 1 and no reaching we have plenty of needs, no need to reach for any one player.

No position "projects", they have to play the position. Sick of "projects" especially in the early rounds.

ONLY draft players from big schools, players with no current injuries and team Captains preferred.

Hope this helps...if I am not able to be around to pick.
Before this post @Bankerguy stated he may not be around regularly to pick but would leave this list of “needs” for when the Cowboys are OTC. There’s no rush so we can give him time but just an FYI.

Before this post @Bankerguy stated he may not be around regularly to pick but would leave this list of “needs” for when the Cowboys are OTC. There’s no rush so we can give him time but just an FYI.
Let's wait for a bit. Though I'd be inclined to give him James Washington based on the listed criteria.

Users who are viewing this thread