What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Game Thread: Week 1 - Ravens @ Broncos (2 Viewers)

Torrey Smith...always disappointing me.
Is it really that bad? He's a WR2 and got 10pts in most leagues.
No, but whenever he's ripe for a big game he never delivers. Playing from behind the entire game he should've done more.
I agree with Bucky on this point, he should have been all over it int he 2nd half. They have nothing though, against softer defenses he si going to clean up, made an incredible 1 arm catch while being PI with and no flag called.

13 in most of mine, he has low end WR3 numbers this week. It's not good just avg.
Just one of those WR's always leaving you wanting more from my experience(have owned him since he was a rookie). But yeah, it was a decent game and it's way too soon to write him off as a potential top 15 wr this season or say that he's not a good enough wr2.

13 in most of mine, he has low end WR3 numbers this week. It's not good just avg.
Just one of those WR's always leaving you wanting more from my experience(have owned him since he was a rookie). But yeah, it was a decent game and it's way too soon to write him off as a potential top 15 wr this season or say that he's not a good enough wr2.
He has been in the league 2 years, similar stats each season. He is on pace for 64/1400, hopefully a few TD coming, he is gonna pay off.

Last edited by a moderator:
He has been in the league 2 years, similar stats each season. He is on pace for 64/1400, hopefully a few TD coming, he is gonna pay off.
Yeah, I have high hopes. Big believer in his talent and the Cam Cameron firing was good for everyone IMO.

You guys do realize Torrey Smith has Joe Flacco throwing him the ball, and not exactly a high powered offenseright? I mean that's why you pass on a WR like him that early in the draft. I seen his name on my projections list and thought, ew no thanks. Not sure what you guys are expecting, but it sounds like too much.

You guys do realize Torrey Smith has Joe Flacco throwing him the ball, and not exactly a high powered offenseright? I mean that's why you pass on a WR like him that early in the draft. I seen his name on my projections list and thought, ew no thanks. Not sure what you guys are expecting, but it sounds like too much.
Exactly what I was about to post. The ravens aren't exactly known for their high octane passing offense.

Joe flacco isn't going to turn any wr into a top 5-8 guy.

I have Torrey smith on zero teams this year by design. Owned him last year and wa disappointed. Limited upside by his offense and qb IMO

ImTheScientist said:
Im enjoying how mad the non JT & Manning owners are..

signed,

JT & Manning owner. :gang2:
I think most FBG folks have them both in at least a league or two. You might enjoy the bragging thread ;)

FFPC, same team?

17seconds said:
ConnSKINS26 said:
17seconds said:
I just looked up DT's 40 time and it is ~4.5. He sure as hell looks slower than that.
Demaryius Thomas? He's much faster than that and so is his 40. He's a freak.
OK but he looks slow, like he's injured when he runs.
i hope my other WRs get the same injury he had on that nearly 80 yd TD...

Between Manning throwing ducks all the time and Thomas being so slow it's going to be a long season for Bronco fans.

Billy Bats said:
Smith burned the Bailey in the playoffs for 2 long TDs, so they made sure he wouldn't beat them over the top today. But a better throw from Flacco on that 34-yard reception could've been a Smith TD. Smith is not just a burner, but Flacco limits his upside.

17seconds said:
I didn't say he is slow, I said he looks slow
He's 6-3 and @ 230 lbs. I think he is fast (saw reports of 4.38 40 times), but he isn't a little guy with fast legs, he is a big guy with long strides. It looks slower, but it isn't, as witnessed by the screen play.

If you don't have Torrey Smith on your roster, you should go grab him after this game. He'll be cheaper than his ADP cost and has plenty of upside after tonight. He ran into a defense designed to beat him and still came within a hair of a 100-yard game. 2 more seconds in the pocket behind the second-stringers on OL for Flacco on a play where the D sold out on a pass rush and he would have found Smith for a wide-open 40 yd TD too.

Agree on DT looking deceptively slow (or being deceptively fast...depends on how you want to look at it). He's obviously not slow, but lots of times these big tall guys who are fast don't look as fast because they take longer strides and are not churning their legs as much. it's just more effortless for them.

Anyone else giddy about Manning to DT connection. Omg 116 points from two guys. Freak show even if 40 percent was luck on the 78 td

rickyg said:
Billy Bats said:
Exactly what I was about to post. The ravens aren't exactly known for their high octane passing offense. Joe flacco isn't going to turn any wr into a top 5-8 guy.

I have Torrey smith on zero teams this year by design. Owned him last year and wa disappointed. Limited upside by his offense and qb IMO
Ditto.

rickyg said:
Billy Bats said:
Exactly what I was about to post. The ravens aren't exactly known for their high octane passing offense.Joe flacco isn't going to turn any wr into a top 5-8 guy.

Ditto.
This is what you get when you own T. Smith. He will have two or three crapola games in a row and when you finally bench him he goes off for 120 and 2 TDs.

I don't have time to go through all 26 pages, so if someone mentioned this I am sorry.

Did anyone else think, it is a bummer that Pitta got hurt. Flacco looked for Clark a lot last night and it just feels like Pitta was in for a big year.

17seconds said:
I didn't say he is slow, I said he looks slow
He's 6-3 and @ 230 lbs. I think he is fast (saw reports of 4.38 40 times), but he isn't a little guy with fast legs, he is a big guy with long strides. It looks slower, but it isn't, as witnessed by the screen play.
Yup, same with Calvin and Marshall. They both look slow but its deceptive.

OK, 7 touchdown passes. This has got to be the best FF score for a single player ever, right? Got to be...
Depends on the scoring system. In leagues that give one point per 25 yards passing and 4 points per TDs, it falls behind Vick's MNF game against Washington (333/4/0 passing, 80/2 rushing) and Kaepernick's playoff game against Green Bay (263/2/1 passing, 181/2 rushing). With 20 yards per point passing and 4 points per passing TD, it jumps ahead of Kaepernick's game, but stays behind Vick's. In leagues that give 6 points for all TDs, it's the best QB game in modern NFL history, regardless of yardage scoring. It still falls behind Y.A. Tittle's 505 yard, 7 TD effort against the Redskins, in case anyone was playing fantasy football back in 1962.

OK, 7 touchdown passes. This has got to be the best FF score for a single player ever, right? Got to be...
Depends on the scoring system. In leagues that give one point per 25 yards passing and 4 points per TDs, it falls behind Vick's MNF game against Washington (333/4/0 passing, 80/2 rushing) and Kaepernick's playoff game against Green Bay (263/2/1 passing, 181/2 rushing). With 20 yards per point passing and 4 points per passing TD, it jumps ahead of Kaepernick's game, but stays behind Vick's. In leagues that give 6 points for all TDs, it's the best QB game in modern NFL history, regardless of yardage scoring. It still falls behind Y.A. Tittle's 505 yard, 7 TD effort against the Redskins, in case anyone was playing fantasy football back in 1962.
That Y.A. Tittle game cost me a playoff chance

If you were going against Tittle that day, hopefully you had his receivers in your lineup.

Who were his receivers anyway?
Split End Del Shofner (a clear HoF snub) led the way with 11/269/1. Future HoF halfback/flanker Frank Gifford was past his prime, but still managed to go for 4/127/1. In TD-heavy leagues, end Joe Walton was the play with 6/63/3, and little-used backup Joe Morrison caught his only two TD receptions of the season. Norm Snead, the opposing QB, was also pretty good that day. 346 yards and 4 TDs passing, plus a 1-yard touchdown rushing, although he did throw 3 INTs.

Users who are viewing this thread