What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (2 Viewers)

but if your going to come in and talk #### about a show we all enjoy watching,
Dude - I did NOT badmouth the show.I actually commented on how GREAT the last bunch of weeks were - ands how GREAT I thought this season closer was - I just feel the show hit the backside of an arc.

Now you hardcore fans are jumping down my throat.
Right, claiming a show has jumped the shark is a compliment.Like I said before, do yourself a favor and move along.
Dude - you are being WAY oversensitive.For someone who is obviously able to follow the most mundanje details, maybe you should follow the thread - last page I acknowledged the phrase was poor choice and I altered it to "backside of the arc." Much more accurate description of what I meant.
There is absolutely no way for you to know there is a backside coming. Is it possible? Sure. But all your attempts to show us why this will happen have failed.Blame your ownage on us fanatic Lost fans with photographic memories who do nothing but watch Lost episodes if that's what'll let you sleep at night.

Im done with this nonsense.

But if that's the case, then the organization Henry and the others belong to is BIGGER than Henry.
I think that's a given.
And that means Henry is NOT the leader. Henry in your scenario is a pawn, willing to be sacrificed in the chess game.
Of the grand project, whatever it may be, perhaps not. Of The Others on the island? I think he absolutely is.
If he turns out to be the leader, then it was a poorly written scene. That's all I can tell you. I mean, you are willing to believe Zeke when he mentions off the cuff in the medical hatch that there is a him, that there is someone higher up than he is. But When Henry has a GUN pointed at him by an ex-military guy who is ready to execute him, and he starts screaming about a higher up, that is obviously to you a mind game?
Absolutely. Everything Henry had done was a mind game. He had manipulated the Losties at every turn and as I said before he was one step ahead of them every time. I don't see that as bad writing at all; I see it as very strong writing in terms of creating a layered character whose primary motivation is one of deception.
So then what happens if Sayid does shoot him. Are you saying he somehow "knew" Sayid, some crazy guy who nearly beat him to death, wouldn't shoot? I don't buy it.
I think it's possible he knew Sayid and Ana-Lucia were playing good cop/bad cop with him (which is what I believe they were doing). Or I think he was willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good of the project. Or both.

Sayid DID shoot. The gun discharged into the floor or the wall because Anna hit his arm. Henry, the supposed "leader" should be dead.
I think he'd have killed him while torturing him when they first caught him.And how did the supposed leader get caught so easily by Rouseau?

But if that's the case, then the organization Henry and the others belong to is BIGGER than Henry.
I think that's a given.
And that means Henry is NOT the leader. Henry in your scenario is a pawn, willing to be sacrificed in the chess game.
Of the grand project, whatever it may be, perhaps not. Of The Others on the island? I think he absolutely is.
If he turns out to be the leader, then it was a poorly written scene. That's all I can tell you. I mean, you are willing to believe Zeke when he mentions off the cuff in the medical hatch that there is a him, that there is someone higher up than he is. But When Henry has a GUN pointed at him by an ex-military guy who is ready to execute him, and he starts screaming about a higher up, that is obviously to you a mind game?
Absolutely. Everything Henry had done was a mind game. He had manipulated the Losties at every turn and as I said before he was one step ahead of them every time. I don't see that as bad writing at all; I see it as very strong writing in terms of creating a layered character whose primary motivation is one of deception.
So then what happens if Sayid does shoot him. Are you saying he somehow "knew" Sayid, some crazy guy who nearly beat him to death, wouldn't shoot? I don't buy it.
I think it's possible he knew Sayid and Ana-Lucia were playing good cop/bad cop with him (which is what I believe they were doing). Or I think he was willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good of the project. Or both.
I don't think it was good cop/bad cop at all. Sayid knew the rules. The prisoner was lying all the time. It was time to execute him and find out what his last words really were. Its the only way to get useful info out of him.

levin, no offense -- but coming in here an hour after a great show where everybody is excited and wants to talk about it, and then saying that's as good as it gets -- and then getting offended when some people react angrily, is pretty dumb.

jmo

And how did the supposed leader get caught so easily by Rouseau?
It's been speculated he allowed himself to be caught so that he could infiltrate the group. Remember he told Locke that his mission was to come and take Locke back with them. So he clearly needed to get into the group in some way in order to accomplish that goal. The best way to do it would be to be captured and then use manipulation to divide and conquer.Which is exactly what happened.

Sayid DID shoot. The gun discharged into the floor or the wall because Anna hit his arm. Henry, the supposed "leader" should be dead.
I think he'd have killed him while torturing him when they first caught him.And how did the supposed leader get caught so easily by Rouseau?
Sayid might have killed him, but remember that Jack got Locke to open the door and Jack ran in there and broke up the interrogation.

I think that's a given.
I don't think it was good cop/bad cop at all. Sayid knew the rules. The prisoner was lying all the time. It was time to execute him and find out what his last words really were. Its the only way to get useful info out of him.
And Henry was willing to die for what he believed in. Sounds like a pretty strong leader to me.

levin, no offense -- but coming in here an hour after a great show where everybody is excited and wants to talk about it, and then saying that's as good as it gets -- and then getting offended when some people react angrily, is pretty dumb.

jmo
He might as well have walked into my house, wiped his feet on the couch and then kicked my dog.

Sayid DID shoot.  The gun discharged into the floor or the wall because Anna hit his arm.  Henry, the supposed "leader" should be dead.
Sayid might have killed him, but remember that Jack got Locke to open the door and Jack ran in there and broke up the interrogation.
I recall that - how did Henry knopw he'd make it out alive.Sayid had two great shots to kill him and, IMO, def. would have killed him if not for a VERY fortunate turn of events.

jmo
He might as well have walked into my house, wiped his feet on the couch and then kicked my dog.
"f yo' couch!"what would i want to be wiping my muddy feet on Eddie Murphy's couch.

Yeah, I wiped my feet on Eddie Murphy's couch.

I think that's a given.
And Henry was willing to die for what he believed in. Sounds like a pretty strong leader to me.
What good is a dead leader? And a strong leader doesn't get in that situation where he is about to be executed and is only saved by luck. He completely and utterly failed in what he was trying to do and should be dead. Not very strong or competant.

What good is a dead leader? And a strong leader doesn't get in that situation where he is about to be executed and is only saved by luck. He completely and utterly failed in what he was trying to do and should be dead. Not very strong or competant.
I disagree. Given how he manipulated the Losties at every turn and essentially turned their ranks against one another I'd say he was quite strong and extremely competent. Henry accomplished everything he set out to with one notable exception -- he didn't bring Locke back with him.Perhaps that will be explored further in Season 3.

I disagree. Given how he manipulated the Losties at every turn and essentially turned their ranks against one another I'd say he was quite strong and extremely competent. Henry accomplished everything he set out to with one notable exception -- he didn't bring Locke back with him.Perhaps that will be explored further in Season 3.
He accomplished nothing. He failed to get accepted into the group and they would have KILLED him if not for luck. Absolutely incompetant.

He accomplished nothing. He failed to get accepted into the group and they would have KILLED him if not for luck. Absolutely incompetant.
:lmao:

I don't think he was incompetent - he definitely split Locke and Jack, and he got a lot of information while inside. He got Michael in and out, and got Anna Lucia killed - and I'm sure he wanted that done for a while.

I REALLY don't think he meant to be captured, though - how would he know Rousseau would turn him over to the Lost folks instead of assassinating him herself?

No mention of the Hanso Careers site yet?

They are looking for an Anger Management Director in Seoul

The successful applicant will work with the Hanso Foundation's Public Relations department to rapidly and efficiently manage unforeseen human complications of the Foundation's work. Experience in human rights and environmental litigation is essential, as is a persuasive, open demeanor - previous experience in psychology and mediation are preferred. This is a highly rewarding but also high-stress position often dealing with rapid response and mission-critical variables - the successful applicant will report to officers in the Hanso Foundation's legal and Public Relations departments. Fluency in Korean and all regional dialects as well as comfort with sea-based travel will be required.
The "Simian Veterinarian" job description has an interesting qualifier:
Current or past membership in organizations such as the Sierra Club, Greenpeace, Amnesty International, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals or any advocacy group dealing with environmental or animal-rights issues will disqualify any and all prospective applicants.
Love the "powered by Monster" advertisement.
1) How did you find this site?2) There are letters in gray font throughout the ads. All together they spell "Namaste" with "IUY" leftover. This probably has something to do with the Lost Experience online game

Him = Penny's dad?

The island was not built to house Desmond since the tests were going on way before Desmond and the daughter were even thought of.

Henry Gayle = Penny's dad? or the VP of the company?

Who is the real Henry Gayle and how did he end up on the island? Why?

Him = Penny?
Fake Henry looks nothing like the guy in the car that Desmond spoke to, who we know is Mr. Widmore.Probably worth noting that the balloon the real Henry Gale flew(?) in had a large Widmore logo on it.
What is the Widmore logo? I thought the balloon had a happy face.

AND WHAT'S UP WITH THE "LOOK" JACK AND KATE EXCHANGED AT THE VERY END??????????? IT WAS A CONFIDENT NOD.
I thought so too, but maybe it was more of a "What the #### do we do now?"
I thought it was like a "stay calm, we'll get through this together" type look.
I thought it was more of a "wait until we get to their camp and we'll eff these guys up" look.

So, have we seen any reference to the monster since its encounter with Eko?

Seems strange, no? After how much the first few episodes referenced it.

Another thing about Henry supposedly being the leader.

When Sayid was about to shoot and kill him (and there's no doubt he would have followed through) why did Henry plea that Sayid had no idea what HE will do to Henry if he answered Sayid's questions? There's that HE again.
Just a trick. Nearly everything Henry said was a lie and everything he did was to manipulate. He's definitely the leader of The Others.
I haven't seen it mentioned before, but Gale MUST have entered the numbers when Locke was pinned under the door. But then why did he plant the seed that the Numbers were worthless? He must have wanted the Electromagnetic Anamoly to go off.. but why?

Odd that the Others had no reaction to the sky-whiting explosion(?). No "WTF was that??" Sure they winced.. but maybe Henry WANTS the Russians to find them.

This is just me thinking out loud.....

i missed the very end scene, i thought it went to a commercial, and by the time i came back i missed the whole jist of it? :bag:

Can someone explain the last scene to me? I take it Penny had some guys looking for Desmond, and they found the electromagnetic field? Is that it, thanks

what about the giant statue with 4 toes and the stone alter looking thingy?

:no:
That's what kills me about this show... They had a pretty good finale, moving some plot points along, and then they randomly drop crap like this in to confuse everybody. Considering the big story of season 1 was the smoke monster and they barely even mentioned it in season 2, and I'm pretty disapointed. These things will get wrapped up in season 7 i'm sure.Very good finale tonight overall though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't really enjoyed the show lately. I guess I'm more interested in the characters rather then the layer upon layer of BS that we are given each week.

I'm interested in Jack, Kate and Sawyer. How in the end Sawyer must give his life to save Kate and Jack. This has to happen.

I'm interested in Locke's battle between good and evil. How in the end Locke will mistakenly side with evil and turn on his friends.

I was interested in Michael and his quest for his "special" son. How Walt woud realize his abilities and put them to use.

Those are the stories I'm interested in. Not new BS of how Desmond's ex has employeed a search and rescue team to find him. None of the revelations we are given really get a rise out of me. The hatch seen where Michael turned on everyone was terrific but besides that this season has been a bore to me. We need more drama between the characters we care about. Jack, Kate and Sawyer's character's have not progressed since the beginnig of the season. I see them tied up in their captors' hands and I barely care anymore.

What happened with the Hanso guy that was supposed to be on Jimmy Kimmel last night?

And wtf was the 4 toed statue?

Aliens?

I'm lost.

but if your going to come in and talk #### about a show we all enjoy watching,
Dude - I did NOT badmouth the show.I actually commented on how GREAT the last bunch of weeks were - ands how GREAT I thought this season closer was - I just feel the show hit the backside of an arc.

Now you hardcore fans are jumping down my throat.
Right, claiming a show has jumped the shark is a compliment.Like I said before, do yourself a favor and move along.
Dude - you are being WAY oversensitive.For someone who is obviously able to follow the most mundanje details, maybe you should follow the thread - last page I acknowledged the phrase was poor choice and I altered it to "backside of the arc." Much more accurate description of what I meant.
There is absolutely no way for you to know there is a backside coming. Is it possible? Sure. But all your attempts to show us why this will happen have failed.Blame your ownage on us fanatic Lost fans with photographic memories who do nothing but watch Lost episodes if that's what'll let you sleep at night.

Im done with this nonsense.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: @ this dork getting his underoos caught in his crack...

If the whole snowglobe thing is somewhat accurate then the Others have no way of leaving the island either.

Walt being special and them taking Danielle way back when I think could have something to do with the computers. Adults like the Others may not understand what or how computers work and when the Losties landed there was also new intelligence on the island. The Others want to do the same thing the Losties do... leave. But they need code breaking of some kind and Walt, being a kid growing up in the computer age, has knowledge those Others do not.

Walt is special, not because he is telepathic or whatever else, he is special because he can manipulate computers like the Others cant.

Him = Penny's dad?

The island was not built to house Desmond since the tests were going on way before Desmond and the daughter were even thought of.

Henry Gayle = Penny's dad? or the VP of the company?

Who is the real Henry Gayle and how did he end up on the island? Why?

Him = Penny?
Fake Henry looks nothing like the guy in the car that Desmond spoke to, who we know is Mr. Widmore.Probably worth noting that the balloon the real Henry Gale flew(?) in had a large Widmore logo on it.
What is the Widmore logo? I thought the balloon had a happy face.
Sorry, I guess I could have been more clear. The literal balloon had a smiley face on it, but the capsule(?) that the real Henry Gale rode in had a Widmore logo on it. Here is a screen cap of it.

I don't think he was incompetent - he definitely split Locke and Jack, and he got a lot of information while inside. He got Michael in and out, and got Anna Lucia killed - and I'm sure he wanted that done for a while.

I REALLY don't think he meant to be captured, though - how would he know Rousseau would turn him over to the Lost folks instead of assassinating him herself?
So you are saying his great plan was to drive a wedge between Jack and Locke for a few days before they caught on to his plan, found out he was a fake, and thus the wedge vanished, and then for Sayid to decide to shoot and kill him but of course he knew someone would hit Sayid's arm and prevent it at the last moment? Great plan. :rolleyes:

Henry is a moron.

A few things:

Gale may not be "Him," but he's clearly more in charge on the island than anyone else. Him only coming onto dock from the boat once everyone else was there and everyone deferring to him and him basically closing the deal with Michael solidifies this.

What was with the childish exchange between Zeke (Tom) and Ms. Clue (Bea). They were acting like adolescents during a penultimate moment. WTF? I think this made them lose a lot of credibility to Jack, Kate and Sawyer.

The white sky thing gets me. We all saw it go white, yet IRRC, when Claire was talking to Charlie at the end of the episode she said the sky went violet. Did I hear her wrong?

There have been some BIG coincidences on this show, but the coincidence that Desmond goes out exploring and was late entering the numbers the exact time flight 815 is flying over the island is a little too big for me. As others have indicated it appeared to have been more an accident than intentional, yet there are so many stories intertwined. There has to be something bigger.

There have been some BIG coincidences on this show, but the coincidence that Desmond goes out exploring and was late entering the numbers the exact time flight 815 is flying over the island is a little too big for me. As others have indicated it appeared to have been more an accident than intentional, yet there are so many stories intertwined. There has to be something bigger.
Thanks for posting something of relevance rather than the worthless debate over Henry's role considering our limited knowledge.Agree completely as I posted earlier. So either the magnet didn't make the plane crash - again maybe the timing was one of those huge coincidences - or they were all on flight 815 for a reason but the reason wasn't to crash on the island. Which would also be interesting.

Again, if that magnet pulled a plane out of the sky, that bunker would have imploded first.

There have been some BIG coincidences on this show, but the coincidence that Desmond goes out exploring and was late entering the numbers the exact time flight 815 is flying over the island is a little too big for me.  As others have indicated it appeared to have been more an accident than intentional, yet there are so many stories intertwined.  There has to be something bigger.
Thanks for posting something of relevance rather than the worthless debate over Henry's role considering our limited knowledge.Agree completely as I posted earlier. So either the magnet didn't make the plane crash - again maybe the timing was one of those huge coincidences - or they were all on flight 815 for a reason but the reason wasn't to crash on the island. Which would also be interesting.

Again, if that magnet pulled a plane out of the sky, that bunker would have imploded first.
I still think the Swan hatch may still have imploded when Desmond turned the key.The wasn't an explosion that we, or any of the characters saw, and based on the clock being crushed inwards by the force of the magnet, I still believe this is a possibility.

FWIW, my wife noticed that for the first time Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje didn't have "guest starring" by his name, as it's been all season long. If it still had it there, I could write him off as dying in the hatch with whatever Desmond did when he turned the key. However, since "guest starring" wasn't there along with Eko's name, I think that maybe he'll be back next year meaning that Desmond turning the key didn't really "blow the bunker." If it hasn't been crushed by the force of the electromagnet or blown to smithereens, the hatch will be rendered all but useless for next season.

Now, did turning the key completely stop the electromagnetic experiment, or will there be the high-pitched wail and white/violet sky every 108 minutes from now on?

1. If the others are not with Hanso/Dharma, how do they know the secrets of the island, like how to get off?

2. I thought when we first met Desmond in the hatch he said that he partner left a couple years before and he had been pushing the button by himself. That seems incongruos with the theory that he caused the plane to crash the same day he smashed Kelvin's head on the rock.

3. what happened with th eguy on Kimmel last night?

2. I thought when we first met Desmond in the hatch he said that he partner left a couple years before and he had been pushing the button by himself. That seems incongruos with the theory that he caused the plane to crash the same day he smashed Kelvin's head on the rock.
what's he going to say, that he killed his partner?

No mention of the Hanso Careers site yet?

They are looking for an Anger Management Director in Seoul

The successful applicant will work with the Hanso Foundation's Public Relations department to rapidly and efficiently manage unforeseen human complications of the Foundation's work. Experience in human rights and environmental litigation is essential, as is a persuasive, open demeanor - previous experience in psychology and mediation are preferred. This is a highly rewarding but also high-stress position often dealing with rapid response and mission-critical variables - the successful applicant will report to officers in the Hanso Foundation's legal and Public Relations departments. Fluency in Korean and all regional dialects as well as comfort with sea-based travel will be required.
The "Simian Veterinarian" job description has an interesting qualifier:
Current or past membership in organizations such as the Sierra Club, Greenpeace, Amnesty International, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals or any advocacy group dealing with environmental or animal-rights issues will disqualify any and all prospective applicants.
Love the "powered by Monster" advertisement.
1) How did you find this site?2) There are letters in gray font throughout the ads. All together they spell "Namaste" with "IUY" leftover. This probably has something to do with the Lost Experience online game
From the "commercial" near the end of the show.

BTW, apologies go out to all those that I ridiculed for saying the magnet would pull a plane 30,000 feet out of the sky. Still seems ridiculous to me, but it happened.
Here's my theory. The magnet didn't pull the plane out of the sky...it just messed up the instruments.

BTW, apologies go out to all those that I ridiculed for saying the magnet would pull a plane 30,000 feet out of the sky.  Still seems ridiculous to me, but it happened.
Here's my theory. The magnet didn't pull the plane out of the sky...it just messed up the instruments.
I like it on the surface, but it doesn't really explain how the plane broke apart in mid-air. From the flashback scenes in the plane you could clearly see people being sucked out of the plane into the air and there was no ground near them. Not to mention that most commercial flights don't fly much higher than 30-35000 feet to begin with.Being closer to the ground would, hwoever, explain how Jack and others appear to have been "dropped" onto the ground without serious injury.

Something that is bothering me, but hasn't been mentioned yet.

After the "explosion," Charlies show up in a good mood. When asked what that was he said "what, that?" Then when asked where Locke and Eko were he acts surprised and says "they aren't back yet?"

He was in far too good of a mood for what he had just experienced. Something about him changed...

Oh, wasn't 1980 right about when Rousseau's ship crashed? I wonder if the same thing happened to as did to flight 815.
2004-16 = 1988
I still think the Swan hatch may still have imploded when Desmond turned the key.
Remember that it was mainly built with concrete. Implosion probably wouldn't happen.

2x3: Orientation
His words, not mine. So I started pushing the button, too. And we saved the world together for awhile, and that was lovely. Then Kelvin died, and now here I am all alone. The end.

Users who are viewing this thread