What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** March Madness watch thread (2 Viewers)

Bama can beat 3 double digit seeds in the first 3 rounds to get to the Elite Eight.
I think Bama'll probably smoke the Terps tomorrow, but Maryland is a weird team to match up against if their opponent isn't used to them. They basically play all wings. 

Pretty wild how much the committee screwed both of these teams. Reminds me of Wichita State's undefeated season when they had to play 8 seed Kentucky in the second round. Those images of Julius Randle bullying Cleanthony Early in the post are still seared into my brain. 

Pretty wild how much the committee screwed both of these teams. Reminds me of Wichita State's undefeated season when they had to play 8 seed Kentucky in the second round. Those images of Julius Randle bullying Cleanthony Early in the post are still seared into my brain. 
Committee got too cute with the matchup. Where is Loyola in KenPom?

eta #9??? That would make a case for a 3 seed and they got 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
For weeks around the Jupiter Inlet, lots of people from the MidWest and the Chicago or Illinois area that said BET the Fighting Illini but unless some miracle happens in the next 3:00 it's gonna be Bye Bye Illini

Pretty crazy that Loyola and Illinois was a 2nd round matchup. Congrats to Loyola.

Can't say surprised at all. As most saw in Big Ten thread, my problem most all year as Illini fan was Kofi and Ayo both had to be great game in and game out for Illinois to win. Ayo wasn't today and they didn't have anyone to step up aside Kofi and they're heading home.

I don't even understand what Illinois was trying to do, but they got their butts kicked by a better team.

Sister Jean was just laid back checking her DFS bowling bets.

I don't even understand what Illinois was trying to do, but they got their butts kicked by a better team.

Sister Jean was just laid back checking her DFS bowling bets.
I haven’t watched them play much this year but their game plan and defense was garbage.  Loyola played great but man Illinois did not play like a #1 seed.

Committee got too cute with the matchup. Where is Loyola in KenPom?

eta #9??? That would make a case for a 3 seed and they got 8.
Way too cute.  Could have given them a 4 or 5 seed and still given them the Chicago matchup they wanted.

Bittersweet end to Illinois's season. Ayo's gone. Have to think Kofi is too.

There's 2 games this year where you knew the other team was just better than Illinois: Baylor and Loyola.

Agree with everyone else than Illinois/Loyola had no business being a Round 2 matchup. But there's no question the better team won today.

Texas Tech, Wisconsin and Virginia losing in one 24-hour stretch would be the greatest thing ever for fans of watchable basketball. 

Refs review for a flagrant on a play that probably shouldnt have even been a foul called at all in tech/ark game. These reviews are too common i think.

Refs review for a flagrant on a play that probably shouldnt have even been a foul called at all in tech/ark game. These reviews are too common i think.
I think about 1/2 of my posts in this forum are along this line of thinking:

"Instant review is the worst part of modern day sports."

ETA: Review not replay of course.  When the ref in college hoops watches a guy shoot a 3 from 2 feet behind the three point line, and then twirls his finger to check if was REEEEEAAAALLLYYY a three.....I die a little more inside.

Users who are viewing this thread