What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** March Madness watch thread (2 Viewers)

I count 28 powerade racks on the OU sideline, this I think is the record.  

Has there been anyone just totally wipeout like 4-5 of them at once yet?

LOFL @ the isolation on Timme's footwork they highlighted.  In slow-mo.  They are showing him pivoting around.  But he ends up clearly picking up his pivot foot (travel) and takes a mini-step with it.  Then takes another BIG step with his other leg, before laying it in.  No call, of course.  :lmao:  

It's just funny that they picked that sequence at half to highlight "great" footwork.  He traveled not once, but twice.

And don't get me wrong, GO ZAGS, but sheesh.

I feel like OU was under seeded anyway, but without Harmon they weren’t beating this team anyway. 

I felt like they’ve played well today too, probably a two point game with anyone else. 

LOFL @ the isolation on Timme's footwork they highlighted.  In slow-mo.  They are showing him pivoting around.  But he ends up clearly picking up his pivot foot (travel) and takes a mini-step with it.  Then takes another BIG step with his other leg, before laying it in.  No call, of course.  :lmao:  

It's just funny that they picked that sequence at half to highlight "great" footwork.  He traveled not once, but twice.

And don't get me wrong, GO ZAGS, but sheesh.
Haven't seen the clip you're referring to but picking up your pivot is not a travel. 

Haven't seen the clip you're referring to but picking up your pivot is not a travel. 
Say what?  He picked up his pivot foot -- not even a shuffle -- and moved it to another spot on the floor.

The clip was showing him in the key going round and round on his pivot.  Then he moved it.  And then he took another (big) step with his other foot towards the basket, leaving his man for an easy layup.  If that's not traveling I don't know what is.

Say what?  He picked up his pivot foot -- not even a shuffle -- and moved it to another spot on the floor.

The clip was showing him in the key going round and round on his pivot.  Then he moved it.  And then he took another (big) step with his other foot towards the basket, leaving his man for an easy layup.  If that's not traveling I don't know what is.
This is going to be some semantic debate like see if you jump and shoot you lifted your pivot foot

This is going to be some semantic debate like see if you jump and shoot you lifted your pivot foot
Agree.  And the reason I brought it up wasn't so much the clear as day travel -- duh that's everywhere -- but that CBS picked that clip at half to highlight "great footwork".

Last edited by a moderator:
These refs have turned ... interesting.
The officiating in this tournament has been awful. They need to have conference crews doing the games instead of having “all star” individuals. In any one game you have three refs with three different approaches, making for choppy flow. 

I think everyone panicked when Livers went down. I still think Michigan is the second best team in this tournament. Dickinson and Wagner were their best players anyway, and this is when having 8 seniors pays off. 

The buffs/FSU winner will challenge them more than LSU though. 

I think everyone panicked when Livers went down. I still think Michigan is the second best team in this tournament. Dickinson and Wagner were their best players anyway, and this is when having 8 seniors pays off. 

The buffs/FSU winner will challenge them more than LSU though. 
FSU can turn the game ugly and they had a very effective offense a month ago but they’re a mess now. Don’t think they can score enough to beat Michigan. 

I don’t know anything about Colorado. 

FSU can turn the game ugly and they had a very effective offense a month ago but they’re a mess now. Don’t think they can score enough to beat Michigan. 

I don’t know anything about Colorado. 
Colorado is really good and the metrics nerds love them. I actually thought they’d win this game but FSU looks good. 

Michigan is really good, but the "charge" they called on Cam Thomas was disgusting.  Insane call and totally changed the game.

The kid was running parallel to the basket and the Michigan defender threw his body out into him and then hit the deck. I have no idea how the "best refs" constantly fall for that 

Colorado is really good and the metrics nerds love them. I actually thought they’d win this game but FSU looks good. 
This game is being terribly officiated. I mean every time down there is a foul. No rhythm to the game at all. 
Colorado just simply hasn’t adjusted at all and the sloppy play is going to cost them this game 

Michigan is really good, but the "charge" they called on Cam Thomas was disgusting.  Insane call and totally changed the game.

The kid was running parallel to the basket and the Michigan defender threw his body out into him and then hit the deck. I have no idea how the "best refs" constantly fall for that 
To me that’s a call you will see in the NBA where guys are all works class athletes. It was a terrible call but I’ve seen it a handful of times already in this tournament. 

Can’t believe how good the FSU hoops program is now. Like if Duke football became a borderline powerhouse or something. 

Later in the week, while we are in between rounds, I would like to have a philosophical discussion about why some of us are so bad at filling out these brackets.  I used to win pools.  Now I can't even beat my wife and two kids, who don't have a clue about it.  

Users who are viewing this thread