What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** March Madness watch thread (1 Viewer)

My D-2 undergrad alma mater Northwest Missouri State continues to blow it up in their tournament.

Won last night by the largest margin of victory ever in a semifinal 77-46. 

They’re looking to add their third championship in the last four years. 

GO CATS !

Last edited by a moderator:
My D-2 undergrad alma mater Northwest Missouri State continues to blow it up in their tournament.

Won last night by the largest margin of victory ever in a semifinal 77-46. 

They’re looking to add their third championship in the last four years. 

GO CATS !
Yeah, that basketball program is incredible.

As a Pitt State grad it's hard to type those words, but they are amazing.

Tier 2 coach takes tier 2 job.
I dunno. I don't think coaching at a school like Marquette in a great hoops conference is Tier 2. 
Its probably semantics as to how you define a "tier" - my only point is Shaka isn't the red hot candidate he was when he moved to Texas, the shine is off for him.  As I said in the NCAA topic thread, I doubt Indiana was calling him.  At the same time, Marquette is a fantastic opportunity for a young coach, but I think its a step below the top blueblood jobs like Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc.  Wojo was K's assistant at Duke for something like 15 years and probably felt he was being groomed for that job.  Now, after 7 years at Marquette and zero tournament games won, I'd say he's probably looking for a mid-major job or maybe going back to being an assistant at one of the bigs.

Its probably semantics as to how you define a "tier" - my only point is Shaka isn't the red hot candidate he was when he moved to Texas, the shine is off for him.  As I said in the NCAA topic thread, I doubt Indiana was calling him.  At the same time, Marquette is a fantastic opportunity for a young coach, but I think its a step below the top blueblood jobs like Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc.  Wojo was K's assistant at Duke for something like 15 years and probably felt he was being groomed for that job.  Now, after 7 years at Marquette and zero tournament games won, I'd say he's probably looking for a mid-major job or maybe going back to being an assistant at one of the bigs.
I guess my unexpressed point was that Smart/Marquette seems a perfect match to me. Very good basketball coach at a very good hoops program.

Also, #### Wojo and #### Duke

Definitely weird. I think this weekend kind of works out because you can see all of the sweet 16 games but last weekend kind of sucked with the Mon/Tue games 
This whole tournament just has no flow to it obviously. Throwing me way off. I'll watch the games and such, but it just feels totally out of wack.

My body has it's biorhythms set to when certain sporting events are supposed to be on, and the past year has thrown me off. I feel like a different woman.

I don’t get this except he’s from Wisconsin, right?  
I don't get what's not to get? A very good coach going to a historically very good program. He's a great recruiter and will give Marquette a great step in the right direction to getting back to prominence. Way better than Woj and more likely not looking at it as a stepping stone job.

I don't get what's not to get? A very good coach going to a historically very good program. He's a great recruiter and will give Marquette a great step in the right direction to getting back to prominence. Way better than Woj and more likely not looking at it as a stepping stone job.
Right.

I thought Seth Davis had a really good take on Smart at Texas. He's at a sporting behemoth and feels the pressure (real or imagined) to start recruiting one-and-done players. He showed he can get those guys, but that doesn't fit his style and those types of players often don't reach their potential until their 2nd NBA contract.

This seems like a perfect fit of coach & school. He'll recruit well enough in the upper Midwest to load the team with 3-star guys that will stay for 4 years and play his kind of ball, with a few 4-stars sprinkled in. I expect Marquette to be a perennial Top 25 team under Smart once he gets the pipeline going.

Oregon State had 3 points 10 minutes into the game. I love the tournament but man college hoops is bad. 

Capella said:
He was probably getting fired by Texas in the next 2 weeks. 
I know almost nothing about the situation and their only game I saw they played really well to win the B12 tournament.  I just see Texas > Marquette.

That’s ####### horrible- you can’t breathe on the PG for Loyola and they rake the arms on the Oregon St. kid.  If this goes as expected pencil Loyola in for the next round.  God I hate NCAA refs.

And that call was crap too. WTH refs.

*yes, I’m drinking and that call was against Loyola - just want the refs to stay out of it

Users who are viewing this thread