What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (1 Viewer)

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-taxpayer-funded-wall-delaware-beach-house-hannity

Biden builds taxpayer-funded fence around Delaware beach house

Earlier Friday, in an allocation first discovered by the Lewes Cape Gazette, the Department of Homeland Security awarded nearly $457,000 to a Sussex County, Del., company to construct a security fence around the address of Biden's $2.7 million summer home near Cape Henlopen.
The best part is there are regulars here that will defend this. Thanks for sharing.  :lmao:

but for a President that speaks so much about the poor and privilege's and wealthy taking advantage and borders/walls being so cruel and mean and all that 

its so hypocritical - and Democrats rarely call it what it is
It really isn’t hypocritical at all.  If he wants to go anywhere outside of Washington…Secret Service is going to recommend and insist upon securing the place.

Its a weak criticism at best.

You can save the attempt to make it the same as the border.

I believe the secret service believes its secures the property of POTUS.

of course, its about safety, you and I both know that

walls/fences/security .... isn't it funny anti-gun and anti-wall people like Biden surround themselves with people who have guns and walls? 

Biden IS safer with walls - its a nice bonus that the taxpayers of this country enhances the value of his property with the latest and greatest security fences and all the while Biden speaks out against privilege's and how wealthy people like himself needs to stop taking advantages of the working class taxpayers of the USA

of course, its about safety, you and I both know that

walls/fences/security .... isn't it funny anti-gun and anti-wall people like Biden surround themselves with people who have guns and walls? 

Biden IS safer with walls - its a nice bonus that the taxpayers of this country enhances the value of his property with the latest and greatest security fences and all the while Biden speaks out against privilege's and how wealthy people like himself needs to stop taking advantages of the working class taxpayers of the USA
Again…pretty weak criticism of a pretty standard thing for any POTUS. 
He also isn’t anti gun…nor anti wall as a general term.  But glad to see another bad attempts at a parallel.  
There are plenty of things to criticize Biden for…this isnt one of them.

Again…pretty weak criticism of a pretty standard thing for any POTUS. 
He also isn’t anti gun…nor anti wall as a general term.  But glad to see another bad attempts at a parallel.  
There are plenty of things to criticize Biden for…this isnt one of them.

Biden is anti-gun, he's a Democrat, he wants to be surrounded by guns, his family surrounded by guns, he wants walls around his property to keep himself and his family safe

but he will do everything he can to restrict your ability to have guns to protect yourself and property and he's absolutely the most open border President in decades and all those crimes committed by illegals? that's all on Joe

if anyone is honest they can at least acknowledge the above is true

Biden is anti-gun, he's a Democrat, he wants to be surrounded by guns, his family surrounded by guns, he wants walls around his property to keep himself and his family safe

but he will do everything he can to restrict your ability to have guns to protect yourself and property and he's absolutely the most open border President in decades and all those crimes committed by illegals? that's all on Joe

if anyone is honest they can at least acknowledge the above is true
Because what you claimed is not based in fact.   Id ask you to back up such claims.  Which you will refuse to do. 
You also ignore the secret service’s role in protecting the POTUs and items they would insist upon…like fencing and guns to help do their job.

Because what you claimed is not based in fact.   Id ask you to back up such claims.  Which you will refuse to do. 
You also ignore the secret service’s role in protecting the POTUs and items they would insist upon…like fencing and guns to help do their job.
Over a billion dollars of border fencing materials already paid for that could be used to secure the border just sitting in storage. Meanwhile sippy cup spends 500K to secure his vacation home.  :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

isn't it part of the President's job to protect US citizens ?

isn't it part of the President's job to protect US citizens ?
Sure.  He doesn’t agree a wall at the border does that.  I agree based on numerous studies of the matter.

That doesn’t mean he has been good at the border at all…he has failed there big time.

Just has nothing to do with improvements made to his home.

From gun violence by taking guns off the street? 

so he should give up his guns and the guns around him too right?

our leaders are awesome at telling citizens what to do - and not doing it themselves and I hate that

see all the leaders who have forced mask mandates - then violated those mandates because it was inconvenient

Democrats are really good at saying no guns, wear masks, no walls, pay taxes .... and then they have guns, don't wear masks, put up walls around their homes and use tax codes to avoid taxes

I do hate those things - GOP and DNC both guilty but Democrats have this guy in there right now and they're in the spotlight so 

Sure.  He doesn’t agree a wall at the border does that.  I agree based on numerous studies of the matter.

That doesn’t mean he has been good at the border at all…he has failed there big time.

Just has nothing to do with improvements made to his home.

tomorrow I challenge you to look everywhere as you drive around ... walls/barriers/fences .... they surround things valuable and they keep people out that shouldn't be there

walls/barriers work - 100% absolutely

Joe knows it - he's having one built 

tomorrow I challenge you to look everywhere as you drive around ... walls/barriers/fences .... they surround things valuable and they keep people out that shouldn't be there

Was there a fence around Congress on Jan 6?

This is ironic

Walls work for private property. 

They do not work for the purpose of keeping folks from one country out of another country. Anyone who doubts this fact should check with China, or the former Soviet Union, or the current state of Israel. Not only can it not be done, 100% of all attempts are complete failures. It’s especially silly for this country to do it, since well over 50% of all illegal immigrants to this country don’t arrive over our southern border anyhow: they come here by plane and overstay their visas. 

I am not one who wants to reduce illegal immigration (as I believe it is a net benefit for us), but if you do, there are ways to do it and none of them involve a wall. One way is to penalize employers who hire them. Another, much more lasting solution, is to help the countries with dire economic and social problems that create these people in the first place. A third way is to tank our economy: if we have a severe depression here be assured they won’t come. 

I challenge you to make a relevant argument to what I have said.

No…walls and fences do not work absolutely.  They haven’t at the border because of things as simple as ladders and ropes.

And equating border issues with secret service improvements to any President’s home is ridiculous.

Walls work for private property. 

They do not work for the purpose of keeping folks from one country out of another country. Anyone who doubts this fact should check with China, or the former Soviet Union, or the current state of Israel. Not only can it not be done, 100% of all attempts are complete failures. It’s especially silly for this country to do it, since well over 50% of all illegal immigrants to this country don’t arrive over our southern border anyhow: they come here by plane and overstay their visas. 

I am not one who wants to reduce illegal immigration (as I believe it is a net benefit for us), but if you do, there are ways to do it and none of them involve a wall. One way is to penalize employers who hire them. Another, much more lasting solution, is to help the countries with dire economic and social problems that create these people in the first place. A third way is to tank our economy: if we have a severe depression here be assured they won’t come. 
1) Penalizing employers who hire them will not stop illegal immigration. You'll just have a lot of out-of-work illegal immigrants on social services.

2) So we send billions of dollars to help these countries the illegal immigrants are coming from? Where do we get this money from after spending the trillions the Dems are already planning to spend?

3) So is that what President Biden is trying to do? Funny way of controlling illegal immigration but he's on his way to tanking our economy.

I won't even start with your first paragraph about how walls don't work for countries such as the Soviet Union and 100% are complete failures. Seemed to work pretty good for East Germany

No…walls and fences do not work absolutely.  They haven’t at the border because of things as simple as ladders and ropes.

And equating border issues with secret service improvements to any President’s home is ridiculous.
Walls would not work 100%.  They would work to stop some of the flow and also slow the progress of people trying to get past it long enough for border agents to know where to go or to apprehend people more easily. 

The just aw shucks anyone can climb a wall thing is ludicrous.  We aren't talking a chain link fence here in height from the wall I've seen that was being built.  There's a reason painters and window guys have to build scaffolding above certain heights.  It's not easy to descend safely. 

I've made this offer before here.  I have a 3 story house if you count my basement.  I've got flat ground that would give an ideal spot to set a ladder from that height, not rough terrain with unstable sandy/rocky ground like you'd likely find at any random spot on the border.  I'll spot the ascent and let someone just climb onto my roof.  I'll even let them carry their own ladder.  But they must place the ladder themselves from the top.  They'll have a wide area to stand to set it up, unlike balancing or straddling a wall, so this should be much easier than climbing a border wall and placing a ladder on the other side.   It's just plainly not as simple as throwing a rope over a wall or dropping a ladder that somehow is magically stable and secure and scaling and repelling.  These folks aren't all Israeli special ops storming our border.  

He seriously doesn’t get the difference.  It is a very binary thought process.  

1) Penalizing employers who hire them will not stop illegal immigration. You'll just have a lot of out-of-work illegal immigrants on social services.

2) So we send billions of dollars to help these countries the illegal immigrants are coming from? Where do we get this money from after spending the trillions the Dems are already planning to spend?

3) So is that what President Biden is trying to do? Funny way of controlling illegal immigration but he's on his way to tanking our economy.

I won't even start with your first paragraph about how walls don't work for countries such as the Soviet Union and 100% are complete failures. Seemed to work pretty good for East Germany
Yes. It did work well for east Germany.  Of course, if you got caught trying to get over it, you’d get shot.  Quite a deterrent that puts it in a unique category.  

Shula-holic said:
Walls would not work 100%.  They would work to stop some of the flow and also slow the progress of people trying to get past it long enough for border agents to know where to go or to apprehend people more easily. 

The just aw shucks anyone can climb a wall thing is ludicrous.  We aren't talking a chain link fence here in height from the wall I've seen that was being built.  There's a reason painters and window guys have to build scaffolding above certain heights.  It's not easy to descend safely. 

I've made this offer before here.  I have a 3 story house if you count my basement.  I've got flat ground that would give an ideal spot to set a ladder from that height, not rough terrain with unstable sandy/rocky ground like you'd likely find at any random spot on the border.  I'll spot the ascent and let someone just climb onto my roof.  I'll even let them carry their own ladder.  But they must place the ladder themselves from the top.  They'll have a wide area to stand to set it up, unlike balancing or straddling a wall, so this should be much easier than climbing a border wall and placing a ladder on the other side.   It's just plainly not as simple as throwing a rope over a wall or dropping a ladder that somehow is magically stable and secure and scaling and repelling.  These folks aren't all Israeli special ops storming our border.  
Its not aw shucks...there is video after video after video of it happening.

There are study after study that they just aren't the most efficient thing at the border.  These have been posted as the discussion of the wall was going on. 

None of which has a thing to do with securing a President's home.

And none of which is me saying Biden is doing well at the border.

timschochet said:

this is a fascinating take, it truly is

if the employers don't hire the illegals - where are all the illegals going to work? They're not here legally - so they cannot work legally

it is insane to think the USA is responsible for the economic and social disarray for every other nation in the world - c'mon man

and the third point no, it will not tank out economy - a Democrat like Biden will, but stopping illegals from working here won't

this is a fascinating take, it truly is

if the employers don't hire the illegals - where are all the illegals going to work? They're not here legally - so they cannot work legally

it is insane to think the USA is responsible for the economic and social disarray for every other nation in the world - c'mon man

and the third point no, it will not tank out economy - a Democrat like Biden will, but stopping illegals from working here won't
I think you misunderstood my third point. But that’s OK. 

Back to Biden: this is a pretty huge week for him, The signs are now good that he’s going to get the two spending deals passed, very possibly by the end of the week, that will define his presidency one way or the other. There are of course huge risks: as @Stoneworkerand others here have pointed out, increased spending at this time is only going to make the inflation problem even worse: And as I discussed in another thread, the two bills don’t match the priorities of independent voters, which probably means the 2022 elections will be quite problematic for Democrats. 
Still: if he gets this done it’s a pretty big, even historic accomplishment, “New Deal”, “Great Society”, and now this. 

Ruffrodys05 said:
Seriously, I'm not looking to get into a what about DJT argument here so, I'm curious exactly what you mean by this? Do you mean an expansion of the number of seats on the SCUS?

Yes.  

So the other night I saw some dude wearing an unflattering picture of Biden with the words “Traitor Joe” on it. In Newport Beach on the water I saw a huge banner with the words “Biden sucks!” (And a Trump 2024 sign below that) And my father in law, a lifelong conservative who has gotten angrier about politics in recent years, told me yesterday that he believes Biden is “destroying America before our eyes- just ruining everything.” 
This level of anger towards Biden is both frightening and a little head scratching to me. I could always understand conservative hostility towards Hillary and Obama: they’re both charter members of the Liberal Elite club: arrogant easterners who know better than the rest of us, etc. But Biden has always been rather inoffensive. He doesn’t fit the part of villain. He’s not brilliant, not stupid, not an ideologue. He defines a sort of good-natured mediocrity. The growing hatred seems misplaced. 

So the other night I saw some dude wearing an unflattering picture of Biden with the words “Traitor Joe” on it. In Newport Beach on the water I saw a huge banner with the words “Biden sucks!” (And a Trump 2024 sign below that) And my father in law, a lifelong conservative who has gotten angrier about politics in recent years, told me yesterday that he believes Biden is “destroying America before our eyes- just ruining everything.” 
This level of anger towards Biden is both frightening and a little head scratching to me. I could always understand conservative hostility towards Hillary and Obama: they’re both charter members of the Liberal Elite club: arrogant easterners who know better than the rest of us, etc. But Biden has always been rather inoffensive. He doesn’t fit the part of villain. He’s not brilliant, not stupid, not an ideologue. He defines a sort of good-natured mediocrity. The growing hatred seems misplaced. 
Agreed.  But all you have to do is watch this space everyday.  

He did. But, you're right, it's ok. He misunderstands quite a bit. 

Oh I understood it - its that faux fear of tanking the economy to justify illegally here people .

how about stop all illegals from coming into the USA, and there would be no illegals to take advantage of, it would end the crisis on the border because they'd quit coming, the US taxpayers wouldn't have to spend hundreds of millions every year on the crisis, drugs and human trafficking would all but stop on the southern border (if it were sealed), US citizens lives would be better protected .........

there are no negatives to the USA for a secure border. NONE

you have a short memory of the anger/hate the left gave Trump and his supporters from 2016 to 2020

right now, the "hate" is because of inflation, the Afghanistan debacle, the ignoring of the southern border, the total lack of leadership and the lies and the division this administration has brought, the dictator mandates issued ......... and this is all in 6 months from a president and political party who swore just the opposites

that's the source behind it - 

you want frightening ? talk to someone on the left about Trump 2024 .... watch heads explode 

you have a short memory of the anger/hate the left gave Trump and his supporters from 2016 to 2020

right now, the "hate" is because of inflation, the Afghanistan debacle, the ignoring of the southern border, the total lack of leadership and the lies and the division this administration has brought, the dictator mandates issued ......... and this is all in 6 months from a president and political party who swore just the opposites

that's the source behind it - 

you want frightening ? talk to someone on the left about Trump 2024 .... watch heads explode 
Trump's always been a divisive figure. He came in divisive and look where we are ...

Just watched the town hall from last night. Forget the politics of it or the parts of it I disagreed with. I came out of it with just one takeaway, Joe Biden is not a well man.

Go watch that and think where he’s likely to be when it comes to mental state by Nov 2024. There’s no way he can run again. 
In no way do I think Biden runs again in 2024. Not much of a chance. 

IvanKaramazov said:
If 2024 is Biden vs. Trump, I'll probably sit that one out.  Neither of these people has any business being president.  Trump for a whole bunch of reasons, and Biden because of his age and obvious loss of cognitive ability.
The danger in this is a lot of independent voters may have the same like mind approach and if Trump runs again......he would probably win because of independent or Traditional Moderate Republicans (me) do not vote. I can tell you if Trump runs.......I vote for anyone against him that is not a progressive Democrat. If a Progressive candidate runs vs Trump.....it is a guaranteed win for The Donald. 

Da Guru said:
Depends.  If inflation is still out of control, still struggling with COVID, border still a disaster and jobs reporting still not good then Trump has a good chance.

Dems put Biden in to do one job..beat Trump.  Biden is just too old and tired for the job though.

Best outlook for the country is  Both will not be on ticket..make that three with Harris. All should go away.
100% agree. It will be interesting to see if the Republicans have the balls to break away from his madness and just move on and try to rebuild the party’s base. And the Democrats have to do the same thing with the ever growing “Elizabeth and Bernie” progressive wing infecting their party. 

Well COVID came at the right time for Biden.  Without COVID we would have had 4 more years of Trump.
100% this. No doubt in my mind about it.

I actually thought that having a kind-of-normal president would have given the media an opportunity to walk back the overt partisanship that broke out in 2016, but nope.  They just doubled down.  You and I don't agree on Trump, but the state of the media and other formerly-elite institutions is embarrassing and unbefitting a country that still considers itself a world power.
It is an absolute ****show. Just awful. I can't even watch any of it anymore. It is vomit inducing

My ears are to the ground on this budget reconciliation bill and I can tell you if Elizabeth Warren is super enthusiastic about it......it will be constitutionally  challenged right out of the gate. Taxing unrealized gains? There is no precedence for this in America and I highly doubt it becomes law. Oh....they may pass it in a bill....but it will challenged in a NY Minute. I am not sympathetic to the less than 1000 or so billionaires in our country......but it set’s a very very dangerous precedent for just good old successful people living the American Dream and saving responsibly. I don’t like it and would never support what they are trying to do in that regard. And it does not help the overall bill as it only raises between 200-250 billion.....OVER 10 YEARS. But it set’s the stage for future tax legislation to infringe more and more on wealth building for hard working Americans who realize the dream of becoming multi millionaires through responsible and disciplined investing and saving.  

And that is why I don’t see it getting done.....and if it does....3 years probably of that policy. This is lunacy how they are trying to write groundbreaking tax law in a week to push through a bill for political theater.....it really is a #### show in Washington. We have a completely dysfunctional house and senate.....on both sides. Total chaos. 

In no way do I think Biden runs again in 2024. Not much of a chance. 

The danger in this is a lot of independent voters may have the same like mind approach and if Trump runs again......he would probably win because of independent or Traditional Moderate Republicans (me) do not vote. I can tell you if Trump runs.......I vote for anyone against him that is not a progressive Democrat. If a Progressive candidate runs vs Trump.....it is a guaranteed win for The Donald. 

100% agree. It will be interesting to see if the Republicans have the balls to break away from his madness and just move on and try to rebuild the party’s base. And the Democrats have to do the same thing with the ever growing “Elizabeth and Bernie” progressive wing infecting their party. 

100% this. No doubt in my mind about it.

It is an absolute ****show. Just awful. I can't even watch any of it anymore. It is commit inducing

My ears are to the ground on this budget reconciliation bill and I can tell you if Elizabeth Warren is super enthusiastic about it......it will be constitutionally  challenged right out of the gate. Taxing unrealized gains? There is no precedence for this in America and I highly doubt it becomes law. Oh....they may pass it in a bill....but it will challenged in a NY Minute. I am not sympathetic to the less than 1000 or so billionaires in our country......but it set’s a very very dangerous precedent for just good old successful people living the American Dream and saving responsibly. I don’t like it and would never support what they are trying to do in that regard. And it does not help the overall bill as it only raises between 200-250 billion.....OVER 10 YEARS. But it set’s the stage for future tax legislation to infringe more and more on wealth building for hard working Americans who realize the dream of becoming multi millionaires through responsible and disciplined investing and saving.  

And that is why I don’t see it getting done.....and if it does....3 years probably of that policy. This is lunacy how they are trying to write groundbreaking tax law in a week to push through a bill for political theater.....it really is a #### show in Washington. We have a completely dysfunctional house and senate.....on both sides. Total chaos. 

This is what is so troubling.   This is a monumental bill.  Why does it have to be voted on in a week? Go over it with a fine tooth comb and make sure all the waste is trimmed.  Then vote on a good solid bill that can be passed.  Biden has 38 months left in office god willing so why the rush?

This is what is so troubling.   This is a monumental bill.  Why does it have to be voted on in a week? Go over it with a fine tooth comb and make sure all the waste is trimmed.  Then vote on a good solid bill that can be passed.  Biden has 38 months left in office god willing so why the rush?
Because they will not have the majority to pass it after the mid-term elections.

Users who are viewing this thread