What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (1 Viewer)

Nice speech he gave yesterday...seemed to take on the allegations by Trump and refute them well.

Its long past time for Trump to accept the election and move forward.

Will the GA results help Biden (as far a getting things done) or hurt him (as far as eliminating his excuse for being ineffective)?

SHIZNITTTT said:
Trump set to be first president since 1932 to lose reelection, the House and the Senate
Hoover had a dam named after him. So Trump always has that to look forward to.

Hoover had a dam named after him. So Trump always has that to look forward to.
I have a feeling Trump's presidency is going to be buried as much as possible. No major accomplishments to speak of other than having one of the worst pandemics in our history run rampant and hosting an insurrection where he told the terrorists "you are loved".

I hope there are no buildings, highways, bridges, or turnpike rest stops ever named after him.

Oh, congratulations Joe Biden and Kamala Harris! Your certification and soon your swearing in were never in doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both FDR and Harry Truman were mediocre politicians who became great Presidents because of the way they responded to crisis. Joe Biden could very well do the same. His speeches as President-Elect have, IMO, been far better than any that I’ve heard him give throughout his career. He’s truly rising to the moment thus far. I have pretty high hopes. 

Liked what Biden said yesterday that all this has to stop.   People are tired of the mob rule like yesterday, tired of watching the mobs burn our cities and loot and destroy business`s.   Hopefully Biden will stand firm and speak out going forward as that is what we need. 

Both FDR and Harry Truman were mediocre politicians who became great Presidents because of the way they responded to crisis. Joe Biden could very well do the same. His speeches as President-Elect have, IMO, been far better than any that I’ve heard him give throughout his career. He’s truly rising to the moment thus far. I have pretty high hopes. 
Well Jon Meacham is writing the speeches for Biden and he is one of the best.  A renowned politcal and presidential historian who will find the correct things to say. Meacham coined "Battle for the soul of America" and it was effective.  So I expect more of the same in the future.

Wow... He just referenced the picture of law enforcement at the Lincoln Memorial during a BLM protest and came out and said that black rioters would have been treated very differently yesterday.

I wasn't expecting that. Well done.

Wow... He just referenced the picture of law enforcement at the Lincoln Memorial during a BLM protest and came out and said that black rioters would have been treated very differently yesterday.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1347257959034744834

Joe Biden:

"No one can tell me that if it had been a group of Black Lives Matter protesting yesterday, they would have been treated very, very differently than the mob of thugs that stormed the Capitol. We all know that's true. And it's unacceptable. Totally unacceptable."

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1347257959034744834

Joe Biden:

"No one can tell me that if it had been a group of Black Lives Matter protesting yesterday, they would have been treated very, very differently than the mob of thugs that stormed the Capitol. We all know that's true. And it's unacceptable. Totally unacceptable."
How many stores were looted and innocent people just beaten in the middle of the street during the protest/riot yesterday compared to this summer?

How many stores were looted and innocent people just beaten in the middle of the street during the protest/riot yesterday compared to this summer?
That was not done by the BLM protestors - just the lawless thugs and career criminals who decided to loot and burn after the protests were over and most of the actual protestors had gone home (that was what happened here in L.A.).  Just like most Trump supporters were not involved or approved of what happened yesterday in DC.

And what happened in the middle of the street was not what Biden was referring to - it was the unprecedented storming and occupation of the Capitol building. 

I wholeheartedly agree with him. But right now, today, I wish he had left that out purely in the interest of calming things down. We know the situation, but I feel that was out of place today. Use it for contrast in a later discussion.

Just my personal feeling.

Who could have ever imagined all the carnage? The death?  Who?   Peddle fear, peddle lies, fire up the feeble minded and give conspiracy whackos the same platform as sane folk. Who could have foretold the destruction?    

Praying that Biden brings people together but listening to him today it sounded like the same ole same ole pandering to the base type speech we have heard too many times before and in a way a little divisive. Was not expecting that out of Joe. Hoping for better days ahead for sure though.

100% aware of the double standard of disparate treatment of white protestors versus those with people of color. That is why he made the statement he did.
:confused:  Looked like all protesters were treated with kid gloves this past year.  With all the problems not much was done to any of them regardless of color. Even the looters pretty much could come and go as they please.

Police officer among five dead after pro-Trump mob storms US Capitol

According to CNN and NPR, a fifth death as a result of the riots in DC was reported on Thursday after a police officer died during the insurrection. On Wednesday, authorities named Former Air Force member Ashli Babbit as the person who was shot by a member of law enforcement as she took part in the mob that stormed the US Capitol. Metropolitan Police Department Chief Robert Contee also confirmed that three others died due to “separate medical emergencies” as the Capitol was stormed.

:confused:  Looked like all protesters were treated with kid gloves this past year.  With all the problems not much was done to any of them regardless of color. Even the looters pretty much could come and go as they please.
Kamala Harris @KamalaHarris

We have witnessed two systems of justice: one that let extremists storm the U.S. Capitol yesterday, and another that released tear gas on peaceful protestors last summer. It’s simply unacceptable.

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1347279867574943745

The Republicans who are resigning and acting like they’re shocked and appalled stayed with him when he defended Nazis. When he caged children. When he defended Putin. When he betrayed our troops with his silence. When he gassed peaceful people outside a church. 

Miss me with it.

From Twitter

Summer Wheat said:
Yeah this revisionist history is getting ridiculous.  What he posted is not even close to true.

The race hustlers always have to come in here and foment even more hate.  When everybody's a racist, nobody's a racist.

Yeah this revisionist history is getting ridiculous.  What he posted is not even close to true.

The race hustlers always have to come in here and foment even more hate.  When everybody's a racist, nobody's a racist.
Who said that "everybody's a racist"?

McBokonon said:
Biden basically reminding everyone how government is supposed to work, like the AG not being his personal attorney, which is a good idea since all of our brains have been pounded into mush over the past 4 years.
Was Biden in his basement while Eric Holder said he was Obama's wingman, and later became the only AG ever held in contempt of Congress?  Maybe people's brains were pounded into mush more than 4 years ago?

gianmarco said:
Biden speech right now absolutely killing it. He has nailed every point and not holding back against Trump. 

Good for him.
He squints & reads well off a big screen at 78.

Good for him.

Summer Wheat said:
Praying that Biden brings people together but listening to him today it sounded like the same ole same ole pandering to the base type speech we have heard too many times before and in a way a little divisive. Was not expecting that out of Joe. Hoping for better days ahead for sure though.
Yeah I was disappointed. He seemed to be doing so well with a united message before. 
I said a few choice words during the speech. Not because I was mad it him just disappointed he went back to divide so quick. 
I sure hope he can get back to his post election Biden speech’s. 

Users who are viewing this thread