What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (5 Viewers)

squistion said:
Kamala Harris @KamalaHarris

We have witnessed two systems of justice: one that let extremists storm the U.S. Capitol yesterday, and another that released tear gas on peaceful protestors last summer. It’s simply unacceptable.

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1347279867574943745
This summer was Peaceful protests?  All the rioting, looting, burning of police vehicles, destruction of billions of dollars of property,murdering of police officers and some civilians was considered peaceful?

As far as the Capitol protests.  Let them try to do that at for 30-60-90 days and see what happens. Wait..just one more day.   And Harris was incorrect.  Tear gas, smoke and shock grenades were used when DC police arrived on scene. 

WASHINGTON — Police deployed tear gas in the U.S. Senate chambers after huge crowds of Trump supporters managed to break through barricades and storm inside the U.S. Capitol building Wednesday evening, according to the Associated Press.

Tear gas and percussion grenades have been deployed by police around the US Capitol to move back rioters

I am fine with using whatever is needed on whoever. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This summer was Peaceful protests?  All the rioting, looting, burning of police vehicles, destruction of billions of dollars of property,murdering of police officers and some civilians was considered peaceful?

As far as the Capitol protests.  Let them try to do that at for 30-60-90 days and see what happens. Wait..just one more day.   And Harris was incorrect.  Tear gas, smoke and shock grenades were used when DC police arrived on scene. 

WASHINGTON — Police deployed tear gas in the U.S. Senate chambers after huge crowds of Trump supporters managed to break through barricades and storm inside the U.S. Capitol building Wednesday evening, according to the Associated Press.

Tear gas and percussion grenades have been deployed by police around the US Capitol to move back rioters

I am fine with using whatever is needed on whoever. 
Which was a lengthy period of time after the Capitol building had been breached and the rioters were inside.

Harris was referring to the peaceful protest last summer in Lafayette Park in which police used tear gas and officers on horseback to disperse the crowd so that Trump could have his photo op of holding a bible in front of a church.

Which was a lengthy period of time after the Capitol building had been breached and the rioters were inside.

Harris was referring to the peaceful protest last summer in Lafayette Park in which police used tear gas and officers of horseback to disperse the crowd so that Trump could have his photo op of holding a bible in front of a church.
It was lengthy because for some odd reason the Capitol police knowing for weeks were ill prepared to deal with this and that is why people are resigning and getting fired.   Many law enforcement officials have commented on how preparation could have prevented all of this very easily. 

All protests are different and we have had many violent ones where people have died and business destroyed. 
If she is only going to cherry pick Harris was better off not tweeting anything.

I'll be honest - I was a little worried back after he got the nomination because he didn't seem up for it - but we may have inadvertently lucked in to the perfect President at a time of need.  I will still disagree with him (maybe a lot) but the idea of healing and unity seems to be in his wheelhouse and he's doing great so far.

Stephanie Valencia

@stephanievalenc

It's been a privilege to work on the Biden-Harris transition. In rounding out Cabinet today, we will have shattered many glass ceilings.

For 1st time:

- Cab will be 1/2 women + POC

- 1st openly gay, Native Amn sectys

- 1st female Treas Sec + Afam Def Sec

- 4 Latinx Cab sectys

Seeing stuff like this makes me proud to be an American. 🇺🇸

Wanted Bernie for Sec of Labor, but both agreed didn't want to jeopardize Senate control.
Yeah - just came in here to post this.  Completely agree with them but we do need Bernie leading something - when you have someone who actually gives a #### and care about people you have to put him to work on important issues.

Even mix of men and women. First ever majority people of color. Named record 50 high level appointments. More than ever done.
Are we sure that we can't just get by with acting heads of departments?  Seemed to work out ok the last four years, no?

Geoff Bennett @GeoffRBennett · 1h

President-elect Joe Biden called fallen Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick’s brother earlier today to offer his condolences, two Biden officials tell NBC News.

I think Pence has reached out to the family also.

Biden-Harris Presidential Transition

@Transition46

"Our priority will be Black, Latino, Asian, and Native American owned small businesses, women-owned businesses, and finally having equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild." — President-elect Biden
:mellow:

Biden-Harris Presidential Transition

@Transition46

"Our priority will be Black, Latino, Asian, and Native American owned small businesses, women-owned businesses, and finally having equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild." — President-elect Biden
:mellow:
Yeah, that's straight up racist and discriminatory.

Stephanie Valencia

@stephanievalenc

It's been a privilege to work on the Biden-Harris transition. In rounding out Cabinet today, we will have shattered many glass ceilings.

For 1st time:

- Cab will be 1/2 women + POC

- 1st openly gay, Native Amn sectys

- 1st female Treas Sec + Afam Def Sec

- 4 Latinx Cab sectys

Seeing stuff like this makes me proud to be an American. 🇺🇸
Yeah, it's cool.  Checking off boxes seems way more important than qualifications.  FIRSTIES!

• Laughing
Reactions: Ned
Please point out which are not qualified. Do you think W was wrong for appointing Rice, Powell, and Gonzales?
How many other qualified people did they leave out of the running? The point is, if you're looking at skin color as a qualification then you are deliberately leaving out real qualifications to satisfy some quota.

Skin color is number one #1, then think of how many people were left out.  And you guys accuse the right of being racist?

because the mere fact that you're checking off boxes means you're not looking at qualifications other than skin color.
That’s simply not true. Everyone in this case that Biden has selected is extremely well qualified in their field. If you disagree please present an example. If you can’t, please take back this assertion. 

That’s simply not true. Everyone in this case that Biden has selected is extremely well qualified in their field. If you disagree please present an example. If you can’t, please take back this assertion. 
The mere fact that decided anything on skin color is racist and discriminatory.

We need to go back to selecting our cabinet members not by the color of their skin, but by their ability to sign loyalty oaths and compete with each other to see who can kiss up to POTUS the best. 

Yeah, no, I think this is an improvement.

You can't honestly look at the totality of these appointments and compare it to Trump's picks. Those he put in position were basically there to dismantle and disrupt important work and were terrible corrupt choices. 

We need to go back to selecting our cabinet members not by the color of their skin, but by their ability to sign loyalty oaths and compete with each other to see who can kiss up to POTUS the best. 

You can't honestly look at the totality of these appointments and compare it to Trump's picks. Those he put in position were basically there to dismantle and disrupt important work and were terrible corrupt choices. 
And every single one was white except Ben Carson.  Some bought the positions through campaign contributions.  Just laughable after the worst, unqualified POTUS in history of the US, "qualified" is now a concern. 

And every single one was white except Ben Carson.  Some bought the positions through campaign contributions.  Just laughable after the worst, unqualified POTUS in history of the US, "qualified" is now a concern. 
Well there was Elaine Chao, but she just happened to be Mitch McConnell's wife.

because the mere fact that you're checking off boxes means you're not looking at qualifications other than skin color.
Not really. There are probably 6-12 people who could be considered highly qualified for many of these positions. 

It’s certainly better than the outgoing administrations formula of (Fox News Appearances)*(tweets praising Trump)/total amount of actual credentials and degrees in the field. 

Yeah he didn't say that either but nice try
How do you interpret:

"Checking off boxes seems way more important than qualifications."

I read it, in the context of a post listing minority and female cabinet candidates, as suggesting that these candidates "checked boxes" and were not the most qualified.

I am open to suggestions that there is an alternative explanation.  But, given that there were many similar comments made when Biden chose Harris as his VP - I think the underlying message is pretty clear.

Shatner! said:

Right.  It worked for Obama and his "wing men".   

Oops...I don't think you thought this whole thing thru.

BladeRunner said:
Yeah, that's straight up racist and discriminatory.
Just to be clear, you are saying that providing minority-owned small businesses equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild both racist and discriminatory, do I have that right?

thriftyrocker said:
Please point out which are not qualified.
Would love an answer to that as well. Which qualified members do you think were overlooked for Cabinet positions simply because they weren't part of a minority group?

Just to be clear, you are saying that providing minority-owned small businesses equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild both racist and discriminatory, do I have that right?

Would love an answer to that as well. Which qualified members do you think were overlooked for Cabinet positions simply because they weren't part of a minority group?
I'd say the ones that were picked for skin color/sexual orientation weren't the most qualified.

"equal access"?  :lol:

It's straight up racist and discriminatory to exclude other businesses on the basis of sex or skin color.

I'd say the ones that were picked for skin color/sexual orientation weren't the most qualified.

"equal access"?  :lol:

It's straight up racist and discriminatory to exclude other businesses on the basis of sex or skin color.
That doesn't answer either question, both of which are really straight-forward.

Do you think it's racist to provide equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild minority-owned businesses?

Which ones were picked for their skin color or sexual orientation aren't qualified? Who would have been a better selection?

That doesn't answer either question, both of which are really straight-forward.

Do you think it's racist to provide equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild minority-owned businesses?

Which ones were picked for their skin color or sexual orientation aren't qualified? Who would have been a better selection?
Actually, those did answer the question.

It's racist to exclude businesses on the basis of skin color or sexual orientation.  You may call it equality, but I guarantee you if they said we're only going to provide resources to white-owned businesses you would lose your bacon.  And you certainly wouldn't call it equality.

Actually, those did answer the question.

It's racist to exclude businesses on the basis of skin color or sexual orientation.  You may call it equality, but I guarantee you if they said we're only going to provide resources to white-owned businesses you would lose your bacon.  And you certainly wouldn't call it equality.
You categorically answered neither. 

Your reply is solely focused on an entirely orthogonal argument about it being racist to exclude businesses on the basis of skin color or sexual orientation. This has nothing whatsoever to do with the Biden administration seeking to provide equal access to resources for minority businesses. Equal access does not equate to exclusion.

You didn't address the question about cabinet members whatsoever.

Without further explanation or supporting context, you leave the assumption that those selected to the Cabinet were done so only because of the color of their skin or their orientation, and not on the basis of their worth, and that providing minority-owned businesses with the same access to resources as non-minority businesses is wrong.

The first is misguided and completely unfounded. The second is racist.

Users who are viewing this thread