What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (2 Viewers)

Hmm. Most of the world’s best experts pooling their efforts to pursue public health. Perhaps the better question is why the #### did we leave it in the first place? 
Seems like its run by China, no?   If not, they are in bed with China.  Do you think WHO was effective with their role in COVID?

Hmm. Most of the world’s best experts pooling their efforts to pursue public health. Perhaps the better question is why the #### did we leave it in the first place? 
Didn't they disagree with Trump's position on wearing masks and social distancing or perhaps the seriousness of the virus?

Seems like its run by China, no?   If not, they are in bed with China.  Do you think WHO was effective with their role in COVID?
Run by China? In bed with China? Care to show your work? 
To answer your question, I would think so yes. Certainly several nations that took their guidance seem to have done much better than we have. 

Didn't they disagree with Trump's position on wearing masks and social distancing or perhaps the seriousness of the virus?
All three I believe. And they were an easy scapegoat since Trump’s strategy, from the start of his campaign in 2015, was to blame international organizations for anything that went wrong: it played to the nativism and xenophobia of his biggest supporters. 

Extend eviction & foreclosure moratoriums

How Eviction Moratoriums Are Hurting Small Landlords—and Why That's Bad for the Future of Affordable Housing

By Abby Vesoulis June 11, 2020 10:08 AM EDT

https://time.com/5846383/coronavirus-small-landlords/

This is going to be a problem. A big fat unrelenting problem. Now, to be fair, no entering POTUS and no administration would have any easy pathway with this given the pandemic, but Biden's political legacy will carry the weight of this.

The optics on this will explode first when people start seeing video and pictures of homeless children on the streets starving in the cold. The second will be when small level distressed landlords will be forced to sell to mega corporations for pennies on the dollar and watch those units be turned around and have the rents raised and effectively wipe out an entire class of American citizens trying to earn passive income.

When a hard working American who bled and sweated for everything loses everything while the CARES Act bails out big business and he watches his family go homeless and he sees Gavin Newsom laughing and mocking the plebs after eating at the French Laundry at 350 dollars a plate, what do you think he's going to do next?

You back someone into a corner, they are going to instinctively fight their way out of it.

I got out of rental property a long time ago. I tried it and it was like being married. Obligations to people who never stop irritating you but you can't ignore their phone calls. But many people I know stayed in, and for good reasons at the time, and they are all now, with no exceptions, getting hosed.

You guys think the Capitol riots were some kind of real insurrection? Wait until masses of children end up on the streets. And when people realize The American Dream is really dead  and they were nothing more than cattle for the Pelosis and McConnells of the world.

Biden wanted this, now he has it. He gets this as the oldest first term POTUS in American history.  Can't ride on Orange Man Bad anymore. Like Charles Barkley always says, you can blame the coach forever and get him fired, but at some point, the players are going to have to start looking at themselves. Biden will eat all the blame for just standing there.  Good luck dude, you'll need it.

If these are the global health organizations that people listen to then which makes more sense if you think China has undue influence:

1. Be a part of the organization and work to make sure it favors our interests and the interest of everyone

2. Drop out, let China have more influence and isolate ourselves from our allies globally?

Last edited by a moderator:
If these are the global health organizations that people listen to then which makes more sense if you think China has undue influence:

1. Be a part of the organization and work to make sure it favors our interests and the interest of everyone

2. Drop out, let China have more influence and isolate ourselves from our allies globally?
They were bullying WHO when we were in it, that is why we got out.  Outside of a few fringe countries, who has really controlled the virus?  Certainly none in the G7.

We shouldnt be wasting time and resources on fossil fuels. We need to lead the world in an energy revolution.
I am a supporter of clean energy but did you know, we still get 62% of our electricity from fossil fuels ? nuclear is 20% meaning only about 17% is renewable ...

that isn't changing overnight - its going to be a decades long solution and unless we build more nuclear .... the answer isn't easy

so king Joe shutting pipeline first thing and 50,000 jobs ..... ughhhhhhhh 

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3

Hey, I don't mean to sound snarky or anything, but it would be to your benefit and to your credit if you familiarized yourself with the Constitution (and other relevant laws) before making posts like this. Because we have always counted non-citizens in the census.
and I disagree that people here illegally should be - I can have that opinion, they're not citizens, they shouldn't get to vote, get taxpayer dollars and benefits that citizens would get etc etc

that's my opinion

I am a supporter of clean energy but did you know, we still get 62% of our electricity from fossil fuels ? nuclear is 20% meaning only about 17% is renewable ...

that isn't changing overnight - its going to be a decades long solution and unless we build more nuclear .... the answer isn't easy

so king Joe shutting pipeline first thing and 50,000 jobs ..... ughhhhhhhh 

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3

There is not 50,000 jobs tied into the pipeline and the pipeline is for Canada to export their oil globally. At most it may cost Canada a thousand jobs, however since oil is not supply limited but rather than demand limited the 1000 jobs that Canada gains would be lost elsewhere around the world.

I work for the largest company in the world that specializes in a specific part of the drilling process. Just because drilling occurs in Algeria for example, the engineers that support those projects could be American, Canadian, Norwegian, etc. The jobs gained in Canada would cost engineers jobs elsewhere and those would almost certainly include American expat jobs.

The Keystone pipeline would not help the US at all, it only helps Canada.

Someone will have to explain why rejoining WHO is a great deal for us. 
It's a good idea, no matter what.  If one believes the WHO is a positive in the global community, then it's good for the US to be a part of that and reap the benefits.  If one believes the WHO is currently a negative, then it behooves the US to join in order to limit the negative influence and/or shift the WHO's priorities/agenda to become positive.  Taking our ball and going home doesn't help anyone.

There is not 50,000 jobs tied into the pipeline and the pipeline is for Canada to export their oil globally.

The Keystone pipeline would not help the US at all, it only helps Canada.
just what I've read and you are right , the 50,000 was a number for job losses this months, it was like an estimated 11,000 tied to oil industry

Honeymoon lasted one day. We’ve got serious crises going on: record deaths yesterdays, terrible economic numbers. Yesterday I would have told you who to blame for this, but that doesn’t do any good any more. Biden needs to get to work. 

Talking about a fresh start a host on POTUS Radio talking about Bidens plea for unity stated. "Unity and the Cancel Culture" don`t mix.  That you  can`t have both.     Makes sense. We do need a fresh start.

Honeymoon lasted one day. We’ve got serious crises going on: record deaths yesterdays, terrible economic numbers. Yesterday I would have told you who to blame for this, but that doesn’t do any good any more. Biden needs to get to work. 
Relax, GB.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  We're not going to vaccinate 20 million people today.  We're not going to end fossil fuel consumption today.  We're not going to solve world hunger today.  You know that Biden's team has been crafting plans for the past several months, if not longer.

Biden Day One executive actions:

Re-engage WHO Unified fed COVID response

Extend eviction & foreclosure moratoriums

Extend student loan pause

Rejoin Paris Agreement

Roll back Trump environmental actions

Reverse Trump census order

Reverse Muslim ban

Stop border wall construction
Wondering is this is the way it going to be going forward?  If a GOP canidate wins in 2024 will they reverse all of Bidens actions?

just what I've read and you are right , the 50,000 was a number for job losses this months, it was like an estimated 11,000 tied to oil industry
Even that number is dubious, because if the pipeline is completed at the current oil prices Canadian oil companies will not hire 11,000 more people. It takes ~200 people for 1 rig and that includes all support personnel. With the current market they cannot bring more than 10-15 rigs online(but most likely that number would be 0). There is no demand globally.

Plus any job gains in Canada will be offset elsewhere. This is important to remember.

The company i work for has a large marketshare in Canada, we have 7 warehouses up there that are currently mostly shuttered. There is no way the keystone pipeline jump starts that market.

The keystone pipeline is nothing more than a marketing tool from both sides. The left thinks its evil, however it is safer than transporting that same oil by train(which they are doing today). The right thinks its a big deal that will help our energy out, however it will do the opposite and will increase our dependence on other countries for oil since Canada can then export their oil to the global market that they are forced to sell today to the northern US.

Relax, GB.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  We're not going to vaccinate 20 million people today.  We're not going to end fossil fuel consumption today.  We're not going to solve world hunger today.  You know that Biden's team has been crafting plans for the past several months, if not longer.
Oh I know. And I trust him. 
But it was asserted yesterday in another thread (about someone who no longer matters any longer) that President Biden is being left with a great situation and all he has to do is not screw it up. That is literally the exact opposite of the truth. 

Even that number is dubious, because if the pipeline increases at the current oil prices they will not hire 11,000 more people. It takes ~200 people for 1 rig and that includes all support personnel. With the current market they cannot bring more than 10-50 rigs online. There is no demand globally.

The company i work for has a large marketshare in Canada, we have 7 warehouses up there that are currently mostly shuttered. There is no way the keystone pipeline jump starts that market.

The keystone pipeline is nothing more than a marketing tool from both sides. The left thinks its evil, however it is safer than transporting that same oil by land. The right thinks its a big deal that will help our energy out, however it is not that at all it will increase our dependence on other countries for oil.
I really appreciate your knowledge and perspective on this issue. Thanks. 

Oh I know. And I trust him. 
But it was asserted yesterday in another thread (about someone who no longer matters any longer) that President Biden is being left with a great situation and all he has to do is not screw it up. That is literally the exact opposite of the truth. 
well time will tell what changes Biden makes and the impacts on the economy

spending trillions, raising taxes, the attack on energy and the resulting increase in gas prices/good and services, the watering down of middle class wages by raising minimum wages, what he does with trade deals etc ..... all of that will play out

as of today, we know 1 thing ..... everything is to be credited to Biden with how things go, and everything is his to be blamed for as well - he's the president, this is all his 

They were bullying WHO when we were in it, that is why we got out.  Outside of a few fringe countries, who has really controlled the virus?  Certainly none in the G7.
Deaths per million worldwide rankings

Italy 7th

UK 8th

USA 11th

France 21st

Germany 45th

Canada 52nd

Japan 135th

Talking about a fresh start a host on POTUS Radio talking about Bidens plea for unity stated. "Unity and the Cancel Culture" don`t mix.  That you  can`t have both.     Makes sense. We do need a fresh start.
Sure, but we have to keep in mind that cancel culture isn't all of the left side and a form of it doesn't exist on the right side.   We are talking about the fringe of the parties and most of us are for unity.  

Yeah, and I disagree with that approach.

Controlling the virus is for another thread - my main position is we should not abandon global organizations just because it's not going exactly as we expect.  Work harder to influence how it is going.

Hey, I don't mean to sound snarky or anything, but it would be to your benefit and to your credit if you familiarized yourself with the Constitution (and other relevant laws) before making posts like this. Because we have always counted non-citizens in the census.
and I disagree that people here illegally should be - I can have that opinion, they're not citizens, they shouldn't get to vote, get taxpayer dollars and benefits that citizens would get etc etc

that's my opinion
You are entitled to your opinion, of course. I'm just pointing out that it would be less embarrassing for someone if they knew that what "bothered" them was actually part of the Constitution, and not part of Biden's executive order.

The census has always counted non-citizens.

well time will tell what changes Biden makes and the impacts on the economy

spending trillions, raising taxes, the attack on energy and the resulting increase in gas prices/good and services, the watering down of middle class wages by raising minimum wages, what he does with trade deals etc ..... all of that will play out

as of today, we know 1 thing ..... everything is to be credited to Biden with how things go, and everything is his to be blamed for as well - he's the president, this is all his 
And unlike the former POTUS he'll acknowledge the responsibility is his. Refreshing.

Do you really want to go down this road?

The US has 26 times the land area that Japan has, yet only has 2.5 times the population
I don't think you want to go down this road.  You couched your response as "ONLY has 2.5 times the population" to make it seem like it's not that big of a deal.

I tell you what, brother, but 100+ million more people is a HUGE number.

I don't think you want to go down this road.  You couched your response as "ONLY has 2.5 times the population" to make it seem like it's not that big of a deal.

I tell you what, brother, but 100+ million more people is a HUGE number.
Why are you glossing over the population density of Japan vs the US? I can't imagine why you would want to try and diminish the incredible job Japan did with this virus by arguing something like "well they have fewer people!"

Did Biden ever commit to running for a second term?

Just wondering if he will be governing more as a one term President.

Did Biden ever commit to running for a second term?

Just wondering if he will be governing more as a one term President.
Not that I've seen. If he's in roughly the same health he's in now in 4 years, I figure he'll run again.

um .... Biden is alienating supporters of border control, legal immigration, gun owners, conservatives, Trump voters, ..... there isn't a "come together". Biden shows me very little to suggest he's trying to be "my President" but we will see, its just day one but the king's executive orders so far I do not like

I'm curious to see if stocks continue to rise with the upcoming inflation, energy costs soaring, increasing national debt, lower employment rates etc

we will see
Do you really believe these doomsday narratives?  My god the fear. 

Do you really believe these doomsday narratives?  My god the fear. 
It’s even worse on TikTok. My daughter showed me a video of some girl predicting that within a few months there will be no police, your guns will be seized, and Antifa will run wild. 

• Laughing
Reactions: Ned
It’s even worse on TikTok. My daughter showed me a video of some girl predicting that within a few months there will be no police, your guns will be seized, and Antifa will run wild. 
Lol. It’s super weird and detached. 

When Biden won I had friends panic and sell stock/move to cash etc and they were shocked the markets skyrocketed. Just flabbergasted. Smart people too. 

Lol. It’s super weird and detached. 

When Biden won I had friends panic and sell stock/move to cash etc and they were shocked the markets skyrocketed. Just flabbergasted. Smart people too. 
I had someone tell me that Biden was going to take over all the banks and take everyone's money.  The were seriously considering emptying all their bank accounts and retirement plans.  I get that people have very serious policy concerns but I don't get the doomsday stuff either.

I had someone tell me that Biden was going to take over all the banks and take everyone's money.  The were seriously considering emptying all their bank accounts and retirement plans.  I get that people have very serious policy concerns but I don't get the doomsday stuff either.
I had a lady back out of a killer business purchase because ‘now that Joe won taxes will be so high I won’t be able to make a profit.’

She literally thought private business would cease to make money. Not just that business. Any business. 

Yeah no lunatics over there on your side.  Let's talk about some random girl on TikTok.  :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread