What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Road to the 2017 Breeders Cup*** - GUN RUNNER Romps, Rob Ryan Doppleganger Rejoices! (1 Viewer)

Yeah. If that race was 20 feet shorter, he wins. I thought he had them when he hit the accelerator out of the final turn. 

Girvin noses out McCracken  to bag the Haskell.  

has now won his last two races by maybe a combined 6 inches (Ohio Derby) - lotta love for a gritty sumbee who has a nose for the wire  :thumbup:   he has come back here in the second half and done himself very well out there ... hard to discount him going forward.

but, yeah, this crop is waaayyy up in the air atm - weak? inconsistent? knee deep in mediocrity?   :shrug:

Tapwrit being pointed to the Travers, along with Classic Empire - who was training for the Haskell, but pulled off the track.  hopefully those two can stamp themselves as the legit three year old heavyweights, and make the BC Classic that much more interesting. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Annual boys trip to Del Mar starting on Thursday. 15-20 guys for non-stop derelict behavior.  Turf meets the surf - nothing better.  Hope to cash some big tickets + enjoy the scene at Red Tractons, Brigatine AND at the track. Beauties everywhere. Started as a birthday getaway for one of the guys and years later we are still doing it. Awesome place. Hope to get to Saratoga one day. And Keenelsnd during a fall meet when UK plays. But for now it's DM

Annual boys trip to Del Mar starting on Thursday. 15-20 guys for non-stop derelict behavior.  Turf meets the surf - nothing better.  Hope to cash some big tickets + enjoy the scene at Red Tractons, Brigatine AND at the track. Beauties everywhere. Started as a birthday getaway for one of the guys and years later we are still doing it. Awesome place. Hope to get to Saratoga one day. And Keenelsnd during a fall meet when UK plays. But for now it's DM
we do similar down at Monmouth, in memorial of our buddy Ed who passed about 20 years ago. 

family, friends, reserved seating, plenty of party favors ... and Jersey shore girls ... not bad, but definitely a cut below Del Mar.

enjoy, cash some big ones  :thumbup:

Gr.I Travers Stakes - Saturday Aug. 26th,  post time 5:45 pm EST - 10f

all three TC leg winners up in here (along with Jim Dandy and Haskell), dynamite and stacked field, featuring many familiar faces from waaay back when this thread was started in January (glaring omission is CE, who still remains sidelined) - so here we are ... will be a better race than KD - the greatest test for these three year olds:

1. Cloud Computing, Chad Brown, Javier Castellano, 8-1

2. Giuseppe the Great, Nick Zito, Tyler Gaffalione, 20-1

3. West Coast, Bob Baffert, Mike Smith, 4-1

4. Tapwrit, Todd Pletcher, Jose Ortiz, 7-2

5. Good Samaritan, Bill Mott, Joel Rosario, 5-1

6. Girvin, Joe Sharp, Robby Albarado, 10-1

7. Always Dreaming, Todd Pletcher, John Velazquez, 6-1

8. Lookin At Lee, Steve Asmussen, Ricardo Santana Jr., 30-1

9. McCraken, Ian Wilkes, Brian Hernandez Jr., 12-1

10. Irap, Doug O’Neill, Mario Gutierrez, 8-1

11. Gunnevera, Antonio Sano, Edgard Zayas, 20-1

12. Fayeq, Kiaran McLaughlin, Luis Saez, 30-1

we saw a few of these last month in the Jim Dandy - AD and CC got out for most of the way, before Good Samaritan inhaled the four others, and romped home in his dirt debut.  was a remarkable race from the Bill Mott trained colt - albeit a small field, where he was taken on a dream trip as the lone closer, with no traffic issues ... gonna be a much tougher task navigating through this lot on Saturday, but i think he's on the improve, and sitting on another monster effort.

and Girvin slotted at 10/1 is enticing, no?  he just keeps winning - by the slimmest of margins, but the cat has a nose for the wire.  (his Haskell and Ohio Derby wins are linked upthread).

Baffert trained West Coast installed as second on the line ... here's a look at his last time out, taking the Gr.III Los Al Derby - looks very similar to GS in the Jim Dandy - we could be looking at those two bangin' on the wire.

it's wide open, case can be made for any number of these .... PPs to come once released (hopefully this evening).

Gr.I Travers Stakes - Saturday Aug. 26th,  post time 5:45 pm EST - 10f

all three TC leg winners up in here (along with Jim Dandy and Haskell), dynamite and stacked field, featuring many familiar faces from waaay back when this thread was started in January (glaring omission is CE, who still remains sidelined) - so here we are ... will be a better race than KD - the greatest test for these three year olds:

1. Cloud Computing, Chad Brown, Javier Castellano, 8-1

2. Giuseppe the Great, Nick Zito, Tyler Gaffalione, 20-1

3. West Coast, Bob Baffert, Mike Smith, 4-1

4. Tapwrit, Todd Pletcher, Jose Ortiz, 7-2

5. Good Samaritan, Bill Mott, Joel Rosario, 5-1

6. Girvin, Joe Sharp, Robby Albarado, 10-1

7. Always Dreaming, Todd Pletcher, John Velazquez, 6-1

8. Lookin At Lee, Steve Asmussen, Ricardo Santana Jr., 30-1

9. McCraken, Ian Wilkes, Brian Hernandez Jr., 12-1

10. Irap, Doug O’Neill, Mario Gutierrez, 8-1

11. Gunnevera, Antonio Sano, Edgard Zayas, 20-1

12. Fayeq, Kiaran McLaughlin, Luis Saez, 30-1

we saw a few of these last month in the Jim Dandy - AD and CC got out for most of the way, before Good Samaritan inhaled the four others, and romped home in his dirt debut.  was a remarkable race from the Bill Mott trained colt - albeit a small field, where he was taken on a dream trip as the lone closer, with no traffic issues ... gonna be a much tougher task navigating through this lot on Saturday, but i think he's on the improve, and sitting on another monster effort.

and Girvin slotted at 10/1 is enticing, no?  he just keeps winning - by the slimmest of margins, but the cat has a nose for the wire.  (his Haskell and Ohio Derby wins are linked upthread).

Baffert trained West Coast installed as second on the line ... here's a look at his last time out, taking the Gr.III Los Al Derby - looks very similar to GS in the Jim Dandy - we could be looking at those two bangin' on the wire.

it's wide open, case can be made for any number of these .... PPs to come once released (hopefully this evening).
This really is WIDE open. Two old faves in LAL and Gunnevera sitting at 30 and 20 to 1 respectively.

This really is WIDE open. Two old faves in LAL and Gunnevera sitting at 30 and 20 to 1 respectively.
AD will be controlling speed once again ... look back at the Dandy - tepid (24, 48) fractions, and then the charge by Good Samaritan ... if he goes out trying to steal this one, then those two, especially LAL, are gonna be major in the stretch - incredible value, no question.   

tepid fractions, tepid class. just watched most of the summer races (thx for linx)  and, apparently, if you cant get your horse to run a faster quarter than 25 seconds, you dont sell him to steeplechase anymore - you just get him to string 5 25s together and win a classic. All 3 TC winners in the Travers and, count em, 2 bullring horses could beat em all

tepid fractions, tepid class. just watched most of the summer races (thx for linx)  and, apparently, if you cant get your horse to run a faster quarter than 25 seconds, you dont sell him to steeplechase anymore - you just get him to string 5 25s together and win a classic. All 3 TC winners in the Travers and, count em, 2 bullring horses could beat em all
AD and CC didn't fare so well last out in said conditions. 

jus'sayin'

AD and CC didn't fare so well last out in said conditions. 

jus'sayin'
thaz why i'm sayin the bullringers could beat em. can't remember & couldnt find out online - is our Tapwrit a big aniscule? Thinking back to the big autumns middlemove horses like him - such as Forego & Bates Motel - had, but that's cuz they were so gigantic it took em that long to get their legs under em.

thaz why i'm sayin the bullringers could beat em. can't remember & couldnt find out online - is our Tapwrit a big aniscule? Thinking back to the big autumns middlemove horses like him - such as Forego & Bates Motel - had, but that's cuz they were so gigantic it took em that long to get their legs under em.
ahhhh, OK -  my mistake.  

in rereading your post i can see that you meant "all 3 are in, and can be beaten"

dreadful etiquette on my part. 

Good Samaritan (5)

West Coast (3)

Girvin (6)

Tapwrit (4)

See ya in the Superfecta box winner's circle.???

Good luck today.

Can't beat the speed, shonuff cant bet the speed. Sittin back & rooting in my olboy Tapwrit without venturing opinion on this AllStarGame of a weakass crop

Can't beat the speed, shonuff cant bet the speed. Sittin back & rooting in my olboy Tapwrit without venturing opinion on this AllStarGame of a weakass crop
weakass, but wide open ... makes for one hell of a betting race. 

'Graveyard of Champions' and all ... could be a nice score on 'tap' 

btw, still love him, as he was the first to catch my eye back in February in the Sam Davis - been a long trip getting here, but a bit concerned that he hasn't been out since the Belmont win. 

Still can't believe that the 16yo bug on his first week down @ now-defunct SantaFe Downs from now-defunct LaMesa Park in Raton NM who we gave a leg up to on a filly in a $3200 claimer 35 yrs ago this past spring is still winning classics. Attaboy, Mikey!!

Got a 40 dollar win ticket on West Coast. I also had a nice day betting on the dogs today. Plus 900 for the day!

I know Baffert gets primo stock, but man can they guy train.  I don't like Los Alamitos and discount most races there, so didn't give West Coast enough respect.  Destroyed 'em.  Baffert said he knew it in the post parade.  Calm and collected in the post parade (he used to get rattled that's why like Arrogate he didn't race as a 2 year old), Baffert said he looked like a man among boys.  Very confident he would win.

eight days 'til the ladies ply their wares at lovely Del Mar ... here's a prelim look from the BC site.  

of note, Gunny is the lone three yr. old from the TC trail stepping up to the Classic challenge.

will be delving more into this as we approach next weekend  :thumbup:

eight days 'til the ladies ply their wares at lovely Del Mar ... here's a prelim look from the BC site.  

of note, Gunny is the lone three yr. old from the TC trail stepping up to the Classic challenge.

will be delving more into this as we approach next weekend  :thumbup:
Starts at 5 eastern on nbc sports today, will be on most of tomorrow too there and regular nbc for the biggest race at night.

Check out post times so you know when to flip over from your favorite football game. Or dvr it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2742283-breeders-cup-2017-tv-schedule-friday-coverage-race-times-and-more

Today's PPs  

hope to have some time to hop in here with the betting folk, but big family day on tap (later start helps)

I missed this thread and discussion......here is what I did today;

10 to win Gio Game

1 Tri Key Marsha w Pure, Disco, Holding

10 win Finley

10 win Rhodo

1 Tri Key Drefong w 7-8-10

1 Tri Key McRibchester w 6-7-8

1 Tri Key Bolt w 5-6-7-12

.50 Tri Key Beach Patrol w 1-2-3-4-11

Waiting on Classic, but heavily leaning Collected......7 for 7 on a fast track.  Lost on turf, sloppy & good.  Beat Arrogate fairly last out at Delmar.  I cant bet Arrogate at that price returning to form.  I like West Coast and Gun Runner of course, but may Key Collected with some boners and hope for a price.

Betting thru TVG in a convoluted way that would make a degenerate blush.

Gun Runner   :excited:   - gotta love Asmussen's bonkers reaction  :lol:   

disappointing to see Arrogate fading, his (roughly) one year stretch of dominance was as good as we've seen lately.

Users who are viewing this thread