What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Road to the 2020 Belmont Stakes * * * MAXFIELD OUT (2 Viewers)

i've watched 2 races and, even tho it's fast, it doesnt appear to be speed favoring. the rail might even be a li'l dead, which is rarely the case in the spring meet. another strike against the baffert boy, who i likened to Justy earlier this spring but authentically looked short his last 2

Damn. Really didn’t think TTL could lose. But, that’s horse racing. I always bet Baffert, this year I was an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great ride there by Valezquez.

Something weird happened when Tiz switched leads into the stretch.  Almost like he took a half step and lost his momentum.

Saw that 
Yeah - but I don't think it mattered.  Tiz cruised up and Manny thought he had him the turning for home. I know I didn't expect Authentic to go on after he shortened up in his last race going shorter.  Authentic and Velasquez just dug in.  Great story with Baffert's 6th and Johnny V's 200th Grade 1.  Weird weird day with Thousand Words flipping and breaking the assistant trainers arm in the walking ring.  Then Baffert wins and Authentic spooks and mows 1/2 the winners circle over.  Baffert went tumbling.  Congrats to those who had Authentic.  I blanked in the race.

My father in law laid big cash on Tiz the Law to PLACE. I thought it was a dumb bet and would return $2.10 at best. 

It paid $3.40. Color me shocked. 

I have a minuscule percentage. Something like five thousandths of 1 percent. And I'm not getting anything from this race. :kicksrock:   The group purchased Authentic with a "kicker" clause in the contract from the previous owner... if he wins a grade 1 (he did, the Haskell), we owe the old owners an extra million. If he wins the Derby, we now owe another nine million for the horse. I would have gotten paid like $10 or $20 if he finished second or third, because the kickers wouldn't have kicked in and we'd split the runner up share of the purse.

But, now, the hope is he's worth more at stud having won the Derby. My share includes a cut of the breeding rights. So now, I guess, I'm a pimp.
It ain't easy, but speed+classic win fetches the best syndication prices. You should get a coupla floppy hats and mebbe a gold-handled cane out of it anyways. goodonya -

Users who are viewing this thread