What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Soccer Discussion Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Here is the trailer for Next Goal Wins. Clearly seems to be Ted Lasso inspired but it is actually based on Thomas Rongen, of all people. Looks like it could be fun if you enjoy Taika Waititi's work.

Strange they would use the same title as the 2014 documentary because honestly there is no way an "inspired by a true story" Hollywood recreation can possibly top that. Its one of those bizarre stories where you just have to be amazed they had cameras covering Rongen's insanity, the games, the locker rooms and all the fantastic characters on that team and then put it all together in what for me is easily the best soccer story I've ever seen on film (yes, even better than Victory!)

Low key, Chelsea are in a relegation battle.

I mean these stats below were unimaginable at the start of the season

Chelsea is currently 15 points out of Europa League
Chelsea is currently 10 points out of relegation

How much money could we have won saying something this ridiculous at the beginning of the year?
I saw where they will need net negative $200m in player sales this summer to meet FFP if they miss Europe.
They will need some for sure, but I don't think anyone has the definitive answer to that.... especially with COVID and Chelsea's sale(plus debt forgiveness by Roman).

They will naturally be net sellers this summer just due to squad size. 33 senior players is the last I heard plus 3 incoming already signed.(Nkunku, Gusto, and Santos)

Mount has one year left on his contract. They won't take chances losing him on a free IMO, plus he's surplus to what they need. $70M minimum for an Englishman of his standard IMO.
Pulisic is gone. Surplus, plus still attractive to teams. $35-40M IMO.
Kovacic is gone too IMO. He's been talking to clubs and Chelsea is on the verge of re-signing Kante from all reports. Don't think they go into next year with 2 aging midfielders based on their project... another $35-40M.

That's $140-150M in three players that I think WILL be sold.

These guys WILL be sold too, but won't generate nearly as much return...
Ziyech... ~$20M maybe
RLC... ~ $15M
CHO... ~$15-20M
Aubamayang... $8-10M
Ampadu.... ~$10M
Bakayoko... ~$5M?

That's another $75M (probably a little less) that likely gets moved this summer IMO.

Then there's these guys...
Havertz - $75M
Gallagher - $40M
Colwill - $45M
Lukaku - $50-60M
Kepa - $25-30M
Chalobah - $30M
Mendy - $20M
Azpilucueta - $5M

Any, or all, of these guys could also be leaving Chelsea IMO.
If Mount stays, then Havertz leaves is my guess since there wouldn't be room for both them and Nkunku to get a lot of game time.
One of Chalobah or Colwill gets sold IMO.
Gallagher gets sold unless Poch is a huge fan.
Lukaku will get sold if they can find a buyer for anywhere over half of what they bought him for IMO.
One OR EVEN BOTH of Kepa and Mendy gets sold.
Azpi is gone... whether they can get a small fee for him or release him is the question.

That likely means Chelsea unloads ~$300M in unneeded players this summer, maybe as high as $350M. I don't think they have any worry about FFP and I actually think they'll be a big buyer again this summer(to the chagrin of many).

A $100M player with 5 years allocated to FFP rules(new rules) is $20M against FFP this year. The rules really make it easy for teams with big pocketbooks to keep spending.
What lwill happen with Felix?
I've heard both that they want him and that they aren't convinced. He's only on loan, with no option, so that would have to be negotiated. No matter what, I don't think Chelsea would pay more than $60M for him based on his play and I really doubt Atletico would accept that.

Last quarter of the season has quite the battle for European places and relegation.

3. Newcastle 28 pl, 53pts - @ Brentford, @ AV, Tottenham, @ Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, @ Leeds, Leicester, @ Chelsea
4. Man United 28 pl, 53pts - Everton, @ Forest, @ Tottenham, AV, @ BHA, @ WHU, Wolves, @Bournemouth, Fulham, Chelsea (Plus Europa and FA Cup ties)
5. Tottenham 29 pl, 50pts - BHA, Bournemouth, @ Newcastle, United, @ Liverpool, CP, @ AV, Brentford, Leeds
6. Brighton 27pl, 46pts - @ Tottenham, @ Chelsea, Man City, @ Forest, Wolves, United, Everton, @ Arsenal, SH, @ AV (Plus FA Cup ties)
7. Aston Villa 29pl, 44pts - Forrest, Newcastle, @ Brentford, Fulham, @ United, @ Wolves, Tottenham, @ Liverpool, BHU
8. Liverpool 28pl, 43 pts - Arsenal, @ Leeds, Forest, @ WHU, Tottenham, Fulham, Brentford, @ Leicester, AV, @ SH
9. Brentford 29 pl, 43 pts - Newcastle, @ Wolves, AV, @ Chelsea, Forest, @ Liverpool, WHU, @ Tottenham, City
10. Fulham 28pl, 39 pts - WHU, @ Everton, Leeds, @ AV, City, @ Liverpool, Leicester, @ SH, CP, @ United
11. Chelsea 29pl, 39 pts - @ Wolves, BHU, Brentford, @ Arsenal, @ Bournemouth, Forest, @ City, Newcastle, United (Plus CL ties)

Top 2, probably not getting caught.
Arsenal 29pl 72 pts and City 28pl, 64 pts

12th place Palace is closer to relegation than 11th... 9 points behind 11th and only 7 up on 20th place Southampton.
It's now a battle at the top, who's going to drop points?

1. Arsenal 31pl, 74 pts - Southampton, @ City, Chelsea, @ Newcastle, BHU, @ Forrest, Wolves
2. City 30pl, 70 pts - Arsenal, @ Fulham, West Ham, Leeds, @ Everton, Chelsea, @ Brentford, @ BHU (Plus CL and FA Cup ties)

So many twists and turns to come for the European spots!

3. Man United 30 pl, 59pts - Everton, @ Forest, @ Tottenham, AV, @ BHA, @ WHU, Wolves, @Bournemouth, Fulham, Chelsea (Plus Europa and FA Cup ties)
4. Newcastle 30 pl, 56pts - @ Brentford, @ AV,, Tottenham, @ Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, @ Leeds, Leicester, @ Chelsea
5. Tottenham 31 pl, 53pts - BHA, Bournemouth, @ Newcastle, United, @ Liverpool, CP, @ AV, Brentford, Leeds
6. Aston Villa 31pl, 50pts - Forrest, Newcastle, @ Brentford, Fulham, @ United, @ Wolves, Tottenham, @ Liverpool, BHU
7. Brighton 29pl, 49pts - @ Tottenham, @ Chelsea, Man City, @ Forest, Wolves, United, Everton, @ Arsenal, SH, @ AV (Plus FA Cup ties)
8. Liverpool 30pl, 47 pts - Arsenal, @ Leeds, Forest, @ WHU, Tottenham, Fulham, Brentford, @ Leicester, AV, @ SH
9. Brentford 31 pl, 43 pts - Newcastle, @ Wolves, AV, @ Chelsea, Forest, @ Liverpool, WHU, @ Tottenham, City
10. Fulham 30pl, 42 pts - WHU, @ Everton, Leeds, @ AV, City, @ Liverpool, Leicester, @ SH, CP, @ United
11. Chelsea 31pl, 39 pts - @ Wolves, BHU, Brentford, @ Arsenal, @ Bournemouth, Forest, @ City, Newcastle, United (Plus CL ties)
3. Newcastle 31 pl, 59pts - @ Brentford, @ AV,, Tottenham, @ Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, @ Leeds, Leicester, @ Chelsea
4. Man United 30 pl, 59pts - Everton, @ Forest, @ Tottenham, AV, @ BHA, @ WHU, Wolves, @Bournemouth, Fulham, Chelsea (Plus FA Cup final)
5. Tottenham 32 pl, 53pts - BHA, Bournemouth, @ Newcastle, United, @ Liverpool, CP, @ AV, Brentford, Leeds
6. Aston Villa 32pl, 51pts - Forrest, Newcastle, @ Brentford, Fulham, @ United, @ Wolves, Tottenham, @ Liverpool, BHU
7. Liverpool 31pl, 50 pts - Arsenal, @ Leeds, Forest, @ WHU, Tottenham, Fulham, Brentford, @ Leicester, AV, @ SH
8. Brighton 29pl, 49pts - @ Tottenham, @ Chelsea, Man City, @ Forest, Wolves, United, Everton, @ Arsenal, SH, @ AV (Plus FA Cup ties)
9. Fulham 31pl, 45 pts - WHU, @ Everton, Leeds, @ AV, City, @ Liverpool, Leicester, @ SH, CP, @ United
10. Brentford 32 pl, 44 pts - Newcastle, @ Wolves, AV, @ Chelsea, Forest, @ Liverpool, WHU, @ Tottenham, City

I think we can move them out.....
11. Chelsea 31pl, 39 pts - @ Wolves, BHU, Brentford, @ Arsenal, @ Bournemouth, Forest, @ City, Newcastle, United (Plus CL ties)

3. Newcastle 32 pl, 62pts - @ Brentford, @ AV,, Tottenham, @ Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, @ Leeds, Leicester, @ Chelsea
4. Man United 31 pl, 60pts - Everton, @ Forest, @ Tottenham, AV, @ BHA, @ WHU, Wolves, @Bournemouth, Fulham, Chelsea (Plus FA Cup final)
5. Tottenham 33 pl, 54pts - BHA, Bournemouth, @ Newcastle, United, @ Liverpool, CP, @ AV, Brentford, Leeds
6. Aston Villa 33pl, 54pts - Forrest, Newcastle, @ Brentford, Fulham, @ United, @ Wolves, Tottenham, @ Liverpool, BHU
7. Liverpool 32pl, 53 pts - Arsenal, @ Leeds, Forest, @ WHU, Tottenham, Fulham, Brentford, @ Leicester, AV, @ SH
8. Brighton 30pl, 49pts - @ Tottenham, @ Chelsea, Man City, @ Forest, Wolves, United, Everton, @ Arsenal, SH, @ AV (Plus FA Cup ties)
9. Brentford 33 pl, 47 pts - Newcastle, @ Wolves, AV, @ Chelsea, Forest, @ Liverpool, WHU, @ Tottenham, City
10. Fulham 32pl, 45 pts - WHU, @ Everton, Leeds, @ AV, City, @ Liverpool, Leicester, @ SH, CP, @ United

ESPN reporting that San Diego is getting close to being the next MLS franchise, led by the Mansour Group. There is hope that a deal may be in place by end of summer.

================

Rumors that the Oakland A's announcing their move to Vegas effectively ended MLS wanting to go there.

ESPN reporting that San Diego is getting close to being the next MLS franchise, led by the Mansour Group. There is hope that a deal may be in place by end of summer.

================

Rumors that the Oakland A's announcing their move to Vegas effectively ended MLS wanting to go there.
that makes a lot of sense.

I would have liked MLS in Vegas but I think San Diego is going to be a perfect fit like it is in St Louis.

================

I would have liked MLS in Vegas but I think San Diego is going to be a perfect fit like it is in St Louis.
From what I heard, they felt A's/Raiders/Knights would saturate the market and make it hard for them to compete. SD only has the Padres right now, and a USL team owned by Donovan and Barton. Wonder if they would go after a stadium or use SnapDragon?

================

From what I heard, they felt A's/Raiders/Knights would saturate the market and make it hard for them to compete. SD only has the Padres right now, and a USL team owned by Donovan and Barton. Wonder if they would go after a stadium or use SnapDragon?

It sounds like Snapdragon would be the first choice......

===========

Of considerably more interest to the Mansour/Sycuan partnership is a purpose-built stadium at San Diego State -- Snapdragon Stadium -- which is available to be utilized. The NWSL's San Diego Wave already play their home games there. There is also a university administration seemingly eager to schedule even more events there beyond the six dates taken up the school's football team, as well as the Wave.

"We continue to have really good conversations, and we're looking forward to hopefully getting something done sooner rather than later, and getting that last piece of the puzzle in the stadium from what we had originally planned," San Diego State Athletic Director John David Wicker told ESPN in an exclusive interview.

:lmao: :lmao::lmao:

The sport in America today....so good

===============

[Douglas Reyes-Ceron] One of the LA Galaxy supporter groups is crossing the protest line and ending their efforts protesting the front office. In retaliation, someone from another crew posted that group’s tax documents. And who says US Soccer doesn’t have storylines lol​

Note: The tax records show that the Galaxy front office may have been financially supporting the Supporter group that crossed the protest line

Looks like the Wrexham owners are trying to convince Bale to come out of retirement and play for them next season but Bale is not biting (yet).

Last edited:
Looks like the Wrexham owners are trying to convince Bale to come out of retirement and play for them next season but Bale is not biting (yet).

Bale does know that there are areas which have decent housing which are within reasonable driving distance to both Wrexham and Royal Birkdale, right?

Rotherham beat Boro, they're now safe in the Championship for another season and locks Luton into 3rd and Boro into 4th, hugely simplifies the relegation puzzle - Huddersfield are safe if they get a point against us on Thursday, otherwise it's them vs Reading on the final day for survival, Reading would need all three points

Last quarter of the season has quite the battle for European places and relegation.

3. Newcastle 28 pl, 53pts - @ Brentford, @ AV, Tottenham, @ Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, @ Leeds, BHU ,Leicester, @ Chelsea
4. Man United 28 pl, 53pts - Everton, @ Forest, @ Tottenham, AV, @ BHA, @ WHU, Wolves, @Bournemouth, Fulham, Chelsea (Plus Europa and FA Cup ties)
5. Tottenham 29 pl, 50pts - BHA, Bournemouth, @ Newcastle, United, @ Liverpool, CP, @ AV, Brentford, Leeds
6. Brighton 27pl, 46pts - @ Tottenham, @ Chelsea, Man City, @ Forest, Wolves, United, Everton, @ Arsenal, SH, @ AV (Plus FA Cup ties)
7. Aston Villa 29pl, 44pts - Forrest, Newcastle, @ Brentford, Fulham, @ United, @ Wolves, Tottenham, @ Liverpool, BHU
8. Liverpool 28pl, 43 pts - Arsenal, @ Leeds, Forest, @ WHU, Tottenham, Fulham, Brentford, @ Leicester, AV, @ SH
9. Brentford 29 pl, 43 pts - Newcastle, @ Wolves, AV, @ Chelsea, Forest, @ Liverpool, WHU, @ Tottenham, City
10. Fulham 28pl, 39 pts - WHU, @ Everton, Leeds, @ AV, City, @ Liverpool, Leicester, @ SH, CP, @ United
11. Chelsea 29pl, 39 pts - @ Wolves, BHU, Brentford, @ Arsenal, @ Bournemouth, Forest, @ City, Newcastle, United (Plus CL ties)

12th place Palace is closer to relegation than 11th... 9 points behind 11th and only 7 up on 20th place Southampton.

1. Arsenal 31pl, 74 pts - Southampton, @ City, Chelsea, @ Newcastle, BHU, @ Forrest, Wolves
2. City 30pl, 70 pts - Arsenal, @ Fulham, West Ham, Leeds, @ Everton, Chelsea, @ Brentford, @ BHU (Plus CL and FA Cup ties)

3. Man United 30 pl, 59pts - Everton, @ Forest, @ Tottenham, AV, @ BHA, @ WHU, Wolves, @Bournemouth, Fulham, Chelsea (Plus Europa and FA Cup ties)
4. Newcastle 30 pl, 56pts - @ Brentford, @ AV,, Tottenham, @ Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, @ Leeds, Leicester, @ Chelsea
5. Tottenham 31 pl, 53pts - BHA, Bournemouth, @ Newcastle, United, @ Liverpool, CP, @ AV, Brentford, Leeds
6. Aston Villa 31pl, 50pts - Forrest, Newcastle, @ Brentford, Fulham, @ United, @ Wolves, Tottenham, @ Liverpool, BHU
7. Brighton 29pl, 49pts - @ Tottenham, @ Chelsea, Man City, @ Forest, Wolves, United, Everton, @ Arsenal, SH, @ AV (Plus FA Cup ties)
8. Liverpool 30pl, 47 pts - Arsenal, @ Leeds, Forest, @ WHU, Tottenham, Fulham, Brentford, @ Leicester, AV, @ SH
9. Brentford 31 pl, 43 pts - Newcastle, @ Wolves, AV, @ Chelsea, Forest, @ Liverpool, WHU, @ Tottenham, City
10. Fulham 30pl, 42 pts - WHU, @ Everton, Leeds, @ AV, City, @ Liverpool, Leicester, @ SH, CP, @ United
3. Newcastle 31 pl, 59pts - @ Brentford, @ AV,, Tottenham, @ Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, @ Leeds, Leicester, @ Chelsea
4. Man United 30 pl, 59pts - Everton, @ Forest, @ Tottenham, AV, @ BHA, @ WHU, Wolves, @Bournemouth, Fulham, Chelsea (Plus FA Cup final)
5. Tottenham 32 pl, 53pts - BHA, Bournemouth, @ Newcastle, United, @ Liverpool, CP, @ AV, Brentford, Leeds
6. Aston Villa 32pl, 51pts - Forrest, Newcastle, @ Brentford, Fulham, @ United, @ Wolves, Tottenham, @ Liverpool, BHU
7. Liverpool 31pl, 50 pts - Arsenal, @ Leeds, Forest, @ WHU, Tottenham, Fulham, Brentford, @ Leicester, AV, @ SH
8. Brighton 29pl, 49pts - @ Tottenham, @ Chelsea, Man City, @ Forest, Wolves, United, Everton, @ Arsenal, SH, @ AV (Plus FA Cup ties)
9. Fulham 31pl, 45 pts - WHU, @ Everton, Leeds, @ AV, City, @ Liverpool, Leicester, @ SH, CP, @ United
10. Brentford 32 pl, 44 pts - Newcastle, @ Wolves, AV, @ Chelsea, Forest, @ Liverpool, WHU, @ Tottenham, City

3. Newcastle 32 pl, 62pts - @ Brentford, @ AV,, Tottenham, @ Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, @ Leeds, Leicester, @ Chelsea
4. Man United 31 pl, 60pts - Everton, @ Forest, @ Tottenham, AV, @ BHA, @ WHU, Wolves, @Bournemouth, Fulham, Chelsea (Plus FA Cup final)
5. Tottenham 33 pl, 54pts - BHA, Bournemouth, @ Newcastle, United, @ Liverpool, CP, @ AV, Brentford, Leeds
6. Aston Villa 33pl, 54pts - Forrest, Newcastle, @ Brentford, Fulham, @ United, @ Wolves, Tottenham, @ Liverpool, BHU
7. Liverpool 32pl, 53 pts - Arsenal, @ Leeds, Forest, @ WHU, Tottenham, Fulham, Brentford, @ Leicester, AV, @ SH
8. Brighton 30pl, 49pts - @ Tottenham, @ Chelsea, Man City, @ Forest, Wolves, United, Everton, @ Arsenal, SH, @ AV (Plus FA Cup ties)
9. Brentford 33 pl, 47 pts - Newcastle, @ Wolves, AV, @ Chelsea, Forest, @ Liverpool, WHU, @ Tottenham, City
10. Fulham 32pl, 45 pts - WHU, @ Everton, Leeds, @ AV, City, @ Liverpool, Leicester, @ SH, CP, @ United
3. Newcastle 33 pl, 65pts - @ Brentford, @ AV,, Tottenham, @ Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, @ Leeds, BHU, Leicester, @ Chelsea
4. Man United 32 pl, 63pts - Everton, @ Forest, @ Tottenham, AV, @ BHA, @ WHU, Wolves, @Bournemouth, Fulham, Chelsea (Plus FA Cup final)
5. Liverpool 33pl, 56 pts - Arsenal, @ Leeds, Forest, @ WHU, Tottenham, Fulham, Brentford, @ Leicester, AV, @ SH
6. Tottenham 34 pl, 54pts - BHA, Bournemouth, @ Newcastle, United, @ Liverpool, CP, @ AV, Brentford, Leeds
7. Aston Villa 34pl, 54pts - Forrest, Newcastle, @ Brentford, Fulham, @ United, @ Wolves, Tottenham, @ Liverpool, BHU
8. Brighton 31pl, 52pts - @ Tottenham, @ Chelsea, Man City, @ Forest, Wolves, United, Everton, @ Arsenal, @Newcastle, SH, @ AV (Plus FA Cup ties)
9. Brentford 34 pl, 50 pts - Newcastle, @ Wolves, AV, @ Chelsea, Forest, @ Liverpool, WHU, @ Tottenham, City
10. Fulham 33pl, 45 pts - WHU, @ Everton, Leeds, @ AV, City, @ Liverpool, Leicester, @ SH, CP, @ United

Big Mid week games: Arsenal v Chelsea, Liverpool v Fulham, City v West Ham, Brighton v United

Last edited:
Watching LC v Everton got me thinking about who could be leaving their relegated clubs and might be looked at by top teams?

Maddison
Pickford (England's number one keeper gets relegated??)
Tielemans
Calvert-Lewin
Ward-Prowse
Tyler Adams
Bamford

I am sure there are a few more.

Do Vardy or J Evans retire?

Relegation Battle is heating up!

20. Southampton 34pl, 24 pts.- @ Forrest, Fulham, @ Brighton, Liverpool - Max Points - 36
19. Everton 34 pl, 29 pts - @ Brighton. CIty, @wolves, Bournemouth - Max Points - 41
18. Forrest 34pl, 30pts - Southampton, @ Chelsea, Arsenal, @ Palace - Max Points - 42
17. Leeds 34pl 30pts - @ City, Newcastle, @ West Ham, Tottenham - Max Points - 42
16. Leicester 34pl, 30pts - @ Fulham, Liverpool, @ Newcastle, West Ham - Max Points - 42
15. West Ham 33pl, 34 pts - @ City, United, @ Brentford, Leeds, Leicester - Max Points - 46

Wolves have 37, Bournemouth 39, Chelsea 39, Palace 40

43 points keeps you out of the relegation zone.

Watching LC v Everton got me thinking about who could be leaving their relegated clubs and might be looked at by top teams?

Maddison
Tielemans
Calvert-Lewin
Ward-Prowse
Tyler Adams
Bamford

Maybe Pulisic, Mount?

I have a feeling it is Saudi or MLS for Messi at this point

==================

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano

Paris Saint-Germain confirm to AFP they are set to “discipline football star Lionel Messi over his trip to Saudi Arabia”. #PSG The suspension will be valid for the next two weeks — it could include no chance to play games and participate to group trainings.

Maddison
Tielemans
Calvert-Lewin
Ward-Prowse
Tyler Adams
Bamford

Maybe Pulisic, Mount?
Chelsea isn't getting relegated but Pulisic needs to move on to play regardless.

Mount can't even seem to get in the team with daddy Lampard back. He's Chelsea's Lingard

Maddison
Tielemans
Calvert-Lewin
Ward-Prowse
Tyler Adams
Bamford

Maybe Pulisic, Mount?
Chelsea isn't getting relegated but Pulisic needs to move on to play regardless.

Mount can't even seem to get in the team with daddy Lampard back. He's Chelsea's Lingard

Just having fun with the relegation bit.

Newcastle could actually be a good spot for CP, homerism aside. Howe can obviously coach, the team isn’t dysfunctional, they need a guy out wide left plus he’s versatile, anyway, and they’re going to Europe. He won’t play every match but he’ll play plenty.

Maddison
Tielemans
Calvert-Lewin
Ward-Prowse
Tyler Adams
Bamford

Maybe Pulisic, Mount?

Newcastle could actually be a good spot for CP, homerism aside. Howe can obviously coach, the team isn’t dysfunctional, they need a guy out wide left plus he’s versatile, anyway, and they’re going to Europe. He won’t play every match but he’ll play plenty.
I'd love Lampard to get them relegated. Would be hilarious.

With Gordon and Saint-Maximim mostly on the left, would CP get time? I don't watch enough Newcastle to see what they do on the left.
CP needs to play and also a staff that will work to keep him healthy via rotation and a good training staff.

Maddison
Tielemans
Calvert-Lewin
Ward-Prowse
Tyler Adams
Bamford

Maybe Pulisic, Mount?

I'd love Lampard to get them relegated. Would be hilarious.

With Gordon and Saint-Maximim mostly on the left, would CP get time? I don't watch enough Newcastle to see what they do on the left.
CP needs to play and also a staff that will work to keep him healthy via rotation and a good training staff.

I think if they got CP for a reasonable fee, they’d sell ASM. If not, then it would be a battle for time, yes. Joelinton actually goes out there when needed and does really well, too.

35/36 points is probably going to be enough to stay up this year IMO.

Soton are down. Everton, Forrest, Leeds and Leicester -- four men enter, two men leave.

Everyone else is safe.
Leeds make a move for Big Sam Allerdyce. 500K for 4 games plus 2 mill if he keeps them up. Tall order with this run in....
Need a win vs WHU and hope Tottenham has completely given up by then.

West Ham: @ City, United, @ Brentford, Leeds, @ Leicester
Leicester: @ Fulham, Liverpool, @ Newcastle, West Ham
Leeds: @ City, Newcastle, @ West Ham, Tottenham
Forrest: Southampton, @ Chelsea, Arsenal, Palace
Everton: @ Brighton, City, @ Wolves, Bournemouth

3. Newcastle 28 pl, 53pts - @ Brentford, @ AV, Tottenham, @ Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, @ Leeds, BHU ,Leicester, @ Chelsea

3. Newcastle 33 pl, 65pts - @ Brentford, @ AV,, Tottenham, @ Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, @ Leeds, BHU, Leicester, @ Chelsea
4. Man United 32 pl, 63pts - Everton, @ Forest, @ Tottenham, AV, @ BHA, @ WHU, Wolves, @Bournemouth, Fulham, Chelsea (Plus FA Cup final)
5. Liverpool 33pl, 56 pts - Arsenal, @ Leeds, Forest, @ WHU, Tottenham, Fulham, Brentford, @ Leicester, AV, @ SH
6. Tottenham 34 pl, 54pts - BHA, Bournemouth, @ Newcastle, United, @ Liverpool, CP, @ AV, Brentford, Leeds
7. Aston Villa 34pl, 54pts - Forrest, Newcastle, @ Brentford, Fulham, @ United, @ Wolves, Tottenham, @ Liverpool, BHU
8. Brighton 31pl, 52pts - @ Tottenham, @ Chelsea, Man City, @ Forest, Wolves, United, Everton, @ Arsenal, @Newcastle, SH, @ AV (Plus FA Cup ties)
9. Brentford 34 pl, 50 pts - Newcastle, @ Wolves, AV, @ Chelsea, Forest, @ Liverpool, WHU, @ Tottenham, City
10. Fulham 33pl, 45 pts - WHU, @ Everton, Leeds, @ AV, City, @ Liverpool, Leicester, @ SH, CP, @ United

Big Mid week games: Arsenal v Chelsea, Liverpool v Fulham, City v West Ham, Brighton v United

4. Man United 33 pl, 63pts - Everton, @ Forest, @ Tottenham, AV, @ BHA, @ WHU, Wolves, @Bournemouth, Fulham, Chelsea (Plus FA Cup final)
5. Liverpool 34pl, 59 pts - Arsenal, @ Leeds, Forest, @ WHU, Tottenham, Fulham, Brentford, @ Leicester, AV, @ SH
6. Brighton 32pl, 55pts - @ Tottenham, @ Chelsea, Man City, @ Forest, Wolves, United, Everton, @ Arsenal, @Newcastle, SH, @ AV
7. Tottenham 34 pl, 54pts - BHA, Bournemouth, @ Newcastle, United, @ Liverpool, CP, @ AV, Brentford, Leeds
8. Aston Villa 34pl, 54pts - Forrest, Newcastle, @ Brentford, Fulham, @ United, @ Wolves, Tottenham, @ Liverpool, BHU
10. Fulham 34pl, 45 pts - WHU, @ Everton, Leeds, @ AV, City, @ Liverpool, Leicester, @ SH, CP, @ United

20. Southampton 34pl, 24 pts.- @ Forrest, Fulham, @ Brighton, Liverpool - Max Points - 36
19. Everton 34 pl, 29 pts - @ Brighton. CIty, @wolves, Bournemouth - Max Points - 41
18. Forrest 34pl, 30pts - Southampton, @ Chelsea, Arsenal, @ Palace - Max Points - 42
17. Leeds 34pl 30pts - @ City, Newcastle, @ West Ham, Tottenham - Max Points - 42
16. Leicester 34pl, 30pts - @ Fulham, Liverpool, @ Newcastle, West Ham - Max Points - 42
15. West Ham 33pl, 34 pts - @ City, United, @ Brentford, Leeds, Leicester - Max Points - 49

15. West Ham 34pl, 34 pts - @ City, United, @ Brentford, Leeds, Leicester - Max Points - 46
14. Wolves 34pl, 37 pts - AV, @ United, Everton, @ Arsenal - Max Points - 49
13. Bournemouth 34pl, 39 pts -Chelsea, @ Palace, United, @ Everton - Max Points - 51
12. Chelsea 33pl, 39pts - @ Bournemouth, Forrest, @ City, @ United, Newcastle - Max Points - 54

San Diego is getting very close. Take a look at the expansion fee! Holy mother of god..............

==========================

After a quarter-century of dashed hopes, after the league’s first commissioner called the city a “prime candidate” for expansion, after the All-Star Game came to Qualcomm Stadium in 1999, after the owner of a top Mexican club considered locating a team here, after former Padres owner John Moores showed interest, after the Soccer City ballot initiative failed in 2018, San Diego is finally poised to get a Major League Soccer franchise.

An official announcement could come as soon as mid-May.

An investment group led by an Egyptian billionaire and the Sycuan tribe is close to presenting a formal bid for a San Diego expansion team to the MLS board, according to multiple sources close to the deal. It would play at Snapdragon Stadium in Mission Valley beginning in 2025.

A name for the team has not been determined, nor has any involvement of the San Diego Loyal, which plays in American soccer’s de facto second division and regularly sells out USD’s Torero Stadium.

But San Diego State Athletic Director John David Wicker said the two sides are “closer than we have been” to a lease agreement for 35,000-capacity Snapdragon Stadium, and sources said there are tentative terms with MLS for an expansion fee in the $500 million range, well past the record $325 million that Charlotte FC reportedly paid.

“We’ve been having very good discussions,” Wicker said, noting that Snapdragon Stadium will host multiple international games over the coming months. “Based on the soccer we’re having this summer, it shows that this venue is truly built for great soccer, and getting MLS is the last real piece of the puzzle.

That could come as early this week, when representatives of MLS, SDSU and the prospective ownership group are expected to meet in San Diego to finalize a stadium lease. The next step is putting the entire proposal in front of MLS owners via a virtual meeting, which many sources view as a formality for approval.

Notts County in real danger of messing up the playoffs, 2-1 down at home to Boreham Wood with little more than a quarter of an hour to play

Well, the plot thickens just a little bit with Newcastle's loss today.

I don't really think Liverpool win out -- even with 6 on the bounce, they haven't looked great -- but with @Leicester, v Villa and @Soton it's not impossible either. That's 71 points.

After losing today, Newcastle need 7 from 4 to be safe. And United need 9 from 5 to be safe. Both seem very likely, especially because the toughest game left for either of them is Newcastle home to Brighton. But it's not done just yet, partly because if Liverpool do enough to end up level on points they'd own the goal-difference tie-break over United and might catch Newcastle.

If West Ham take points off United today Liverpool's odds might be as high as 25-30%.

If Brighton win out they could still get to 73 points, but with six games left that's probably not a factor. 5-1-0 is more likely which means the calculus above wouldn't change -- 71 points.

ETA: just hoping it gets to the final day at this point.

Last edited:
Oh boy. If Liverpool can win out, United need 9 from 4. Which requires 3 wins. Still don't think Liverpool can run nine in a row to end the season, but would be fun to see them keep that pressure on United.

ETA: oddsmakers have it at around 90% for Newcastle, 76% for United, 27% chance Liverpool sneak in, and 7% for Brighton.

Meanwhile in Argentina, the game between Boca Juniors and River Plate is coasting to an uneventful 0-0 draw as we enter second half injury time

4. Man United 33 pl, 63pts - Everton, @ Forest, @ Tottenham, AV, @ BHA, @ WHU, Wolves, @Bournemouth, Fulham, Chelsea (Plus FA Cup final)
5. Liverpool 34pl, 59 pts - Arsenal, @ Leeds, Forest, @ WHU, Tottenham, Fulham, Brentford, @ Leicester, AV, @ SH
6. Brighton 32pl, 55pts - @ Tottenham, @ Chelsea, Man City, @ Forest, Wolves, United, Everton, @ Arsenal, @Newcastle, SH, @ AV
7. Tottenham 34 pl, 54pts - BHA, Bournemouth, @ Newcastle, United, @ Liverpool, CP, @ AV, Brentford, Leeds
8. Aston Villa 34pl, 54pts - Forrest, Newcastle, @ Brentford, Fulham, @ United, @ Wolves, Tottenham, @ Liverpool, BHU
10. Fulham 34pl, 45 pts - WHU, @ Everton, Leeds, @ AV, City, @ Liverpool, Leicester, @ SH, CP, @ United

3. Newcastle 34 pl, 65pts - @ Brentford, @ AV,, Tottenham, @ Everton, Southampton, Arsenal, @ Leeds, BHU, Leicester, @ Chelsea
4. Man United 34 pl, 63pts - Everton, @ Forest, @ Tottenham, AV, @ BHA, @ WHU, Wolves, @Bournemouth, Chelsea, Fulham (Plus FA Cup final)
5. Liverpool 35pl, 62 pts - Arsenal, @ Leeds, Forest, @ WHU, Tottenham, Fulham, Brentford, @ Leicester, AV, @ SH
6. Tottenham 35 pl, 57pts - BHA, Bournemouth, @ Newcastle, United, @ Liverpool, CP, @ AV, Brentford, Leeds
7. Brighton 33pl, 55pts - @ Tottenham, @ Chelsea, Man City, @ Forest, Wolves, United, Everton, @ Arsenal, @Newcastle, SH, @ AV
8. Aston Villa 35pl, 54pts - Forrest, Newcastle, @ Brentford, Fulham, @ United, @ Wolves, Tottenham, @ Liverpool, BHU

Out of the top 4 race
9. Brentford 35 pl, 50 pts - Newcastle, @ Wolves, AV, @ Chelsea, Forest, @ Liverpool, WHU, @ Tottenham, City
10. Fulham 35pl, 48 pts - WHU, @ Everton, Leeds, @ AV, City, @ Liverpool, Leicester, @ SH, CP, @ United

Last edited:

18. Forest 34pl, 30pts - Southampton, @ Chelsea, Arsenal, @ Palace - Max Points - 42
15. West Ham 33pl, 34 pts - @ City, United, @ Brentford, Leeds, Leicester - Max Points - 49

18. Forest 34pl, 30pts - Southampton, @ Chelsea, Arsenal, @ Palace - Max Points - 42
15. West Ham 34pl, 34 pts - @ City, United, @ Brentford, Leeds, Leicester - Max Points - 46
14. Wolves 34pl, 37 pts - AV, @ United, Everton, @ Arsenal - Max Points - 49
13. Bournemouth 34pl, 39 pts -Chelsea, @ Palace, United, @ Everton - Max Points - 51
12. Chelsea 33pl, 39pts - @ Bournemouth, Forrest, @ City, @ United, Newcastle - Max Points - 54

20. Southampton 35pl, 24 pts.- @ Forrest, Fulham, @ Brighton, Liverpool - Max Points - 33
19. Leeds 35pl 30pts - @ City, Newcastle, @ West Ham, Tottenham - Max Points - 39
18. Leicester 35pl, 30pts - @ Fulham, Liverpool, @ Newcastle, West Ham - Max Points - 39
17. Everton 35 pl, 32 pts - @ Brighton. CIty, @ wolves, Bournemouth - Max Points - 41
16. Forest 35pl, 33pts - Southampton, @ Chelsea, Arsenal, @ Palace - Max Points - 42
15. West Ham 35pl, 37 pts - @ City, United, @ Brentford, Leeds, Leicester - Max Points - 46
14. Bournemouth 35pl, 39 pts -Chelsea, @ Palace, United, @ Everton - Max Points - 48

I think these 3 are now safer?
13. Wolves 35pl, 40 pts - AV, @ United, Everton, @ Arsenal - Max Points - 49
12. Palace 35pl, 40pts - Bournmouth. @ Fulham, Forest - Max points - 49
11. Chelsea 34pl, 42pts - @ Bournemouth, Forrest, @ City, @ United, Newcastle - Max Points - 54

It's two from four, Soton have gone and anyone from West Ham up is safe, it's not mathematically certain but if I was a bookie I'd pay out on the relevant bets for social media content

Stadium Pron! NYCFC release new stadium renderings. What an upgrade this is going to be from the abortion at Yankee stadium

Just seen Macclesfield (division three of non league, seven overall) obscenely charging over £300 for a season ticket next year. By comparison, renewal of mine (six divisions higher) comes as cheap as £380. But they get two extra home games at that level, so I guess that's alright then :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread